Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work???

+4
The Trimm3d
qwertyXz
Zombeh
[ADMIN] Tiggy
8 posters

Go down

Which method do you like the most

A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? I_vote_lcap32%A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 14 ]
A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? I_vote_lcap48%A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 21 ]
A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? I_vote_lcap20%A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 44

A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? Empty A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work???

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 13/8/2012, 2:32 pm

Ok guys, I've been thinking for a while about changing how the different ranks in the clan chat work. Currently a public member can only have a one banana rank. That is something I'd like to change.

Whatever happens the TM+ ranks will be staying basicaly the same (maybe move up a rank or two). The changes will mostly be in the 1 banana to silver star region.

The three different methods I can think of are:

1) The current rank method
* Public - 1 banana
* Trainee - 2 banana
* Rank - 3 banana

2) Rank depends on the previous months input
* 5 points per resource cap / event attended in the month
* 20 points - 2 bananas
* 40 points - 3 bananas
* Trainees get a +1 rank
* Ranks get +2 ranks

3) Give ranks dependent on time in clan in some way.

So, that's the general jist of it, thoughts and votes please.

Last edited by [ADMIN] Tiggy on 7/8/2013, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? Empty Re: A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work???

Post by Zombeh 13/8/2012, 3:17 pm

Current method works fine Smile
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work??? Empty Re: A Change to the way the Clan Chat Ranks work???

Post by qwertyXz 13/8/2012, 3:48 pm

I chose caps and events. Time works fine too.

My reason is that I feel the people who have been in the in-game clan for a long time should be given some form of recognition. Not everyone is motivated/enthusiastic enough in terms of merching to apply for trainee, and you can't advance beyond 1 banana if you aren't a trainee. Also, the in-game clan is more runescape-related as compared to the forums, which is merch-related, so it would make more sense if clan chat ranks are based on what you do in-game.

The rank system in the second method is fine. Regular members can get up to 3 bananas, so you can differentiate between the loyal members and the newcomers. Trainees and above can go beyond that, because they have worked hard and may become the future leaders. 5 points per cap is reasonable too, because in 2 months, you would have gotten either 40 points or applied to be trainee, so there's no conflict in ranks. Imo, the rank system below TM is well thought out.
qwertyXz
qwertyXz
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Trimm3d 15/8/2012, 5:06 pm

I think a mix of 2 and 3 would work well in this situation. And maybe also factor in the clan hiscores, as the people that are getting exp are getting rank ups for the clan, and this makes us look better to the public.

If anyone wants to check out the clan high scores they can be found below. Although at the time of posting this the clan hiscores page was glitched/down so I couldn't bring up any data.

http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-home/clan/Smokin%20Mils

The Trimm3d
The Trimm3d

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom 17/8/2012, 10:28 pm

I like this idea, but honestly, that is one hell of alot more work for you Tiggy, and your already a very very busy bee Razz
Venom
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 18/8/2012, 5:16 am

I like the current Smile
It's efficient and works, so no need to really change it in my opinion<3
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by CrisoDer 18/8/2012, 7:00 am

Voted current method.
Simple and already got used too. Smile
CrisoDer
CrisoDer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 18/8/2012, 7:12 am

Not in the clan myself, but I would actually have to agree with virtually everything stated by qwertyXz.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down