Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~Guide to Your RWTing Needs~*~

5 posters

Go down

~*~Guide to Your RWTing Needs~*~ Empty ~*~Guide to Your RWTing Needs~*~

Post by Corowns 22/8/2012, 6:08 am

Undoubtedly, it is safe to say most of you RWT to give you some sort of monetary value in your life outside of these forums, this game, or your computer. Many of you have experienced "chargebacks", and had issues with selling or even purchasing gold, and I figured it was most appropriate to write a guide to assist you in all your selling needs.

These are PERSONAL experiences, opinions, and knowledge based on the 1 year I have been selling gold on these forums. Feel free to shove this thread off, BUT, chances are, you will at some point need this in the future, or regret not reading it sooner.

Something else to keep in mind. Along with my duel-admin positions, I also took charge of the Trusted, and Highly trusted applications, and from that, learned to "investigate" much better into someones character, instabilities, and over-all value in this clan and community. If those big words didn't catch your attention (Razz lol) then PLEASE do not contact me once you get caught in a sticky situation with a charge-back, or other funding issue. This is a thread I have been requested to write for a long time, and is something each new or old RWTer should read.

The Three Most "POPULAR" Methods Of Gold Selling:
  1. Paypal
    - Instant Very Happy
    - Unsafe Evil or Very Mad
  2. Bank Transfer
    - 2-3 Business Days Rolling Eyes
    - Safe Very Happy
  3. Western Union
    - Instant or 2-3 days (Different methods for this) Very Happy
    - Safe Very Happy

~*~PAYPAL~*~
By far, one of the most popular methods out there, but by far has the most problems and chargebacks as well. I hardly ever use Paypal, and there is a good reason for that. I'd rather sell my gold for 10% less, then lose all the money I got for it to a charge-back. It's unfortunate that these things happen, but reality is, they do.

I would NEVER do a transaction over Paypal for more then $10, to someone that I just met in the IRC. Technically, I also wouldn't waste my time with that, but we all have different perceptions of the value of a dollar. To me, Paypal is something I would never use unless if selling to Mr J. Some might say that Mr J's prices are far too low. My personal belief on that is a bit different but also thought out very well. I would rather sell my gold for 10% less, then lose 100% due to a charge-back.

Another way I judged whether or not to sell via Paypal is vouches. As most of you know what vouches are, I will not get into the dictionary definition of that. What I WILL say is that vouches can either be extremely important sometimes, or not important at all. For example, if a player is trying to buy gold from you, has 20 vouches and all of them are from questing, I would skip selling gold via Paypal. If a player comes up to me with 10 vouches in the last 6 months, and all the transactions had no issues, I would sell him up-to the highest amount that has yet been sold to him under 500m. I would limit all Paypal transactions to 500m, or perhaps try using a different method in this guide if they want to purchase more then that.

I also always look in the buyers recent posts. Are they level-headed? Are they in it for the community? What do they stand to lose if they scam? Among those questions, always make sure you are well-prepared in case of a charge-back by having proof. Video-recording all Paypal transactions is a marvelous idea. Not only can this get them banned, but in some cases, give me enough knowledge about them to threaten with personal details, and perhaps get the dispute dropped. Always stay one step ahead of the game. This is something I ALWAYS considered. Notes don't help in a transactions dispute, so getting the buyer to write those out is virtually pointless.

Essentially, my final advice is to use PayPal for amounts you are willing to lose - otherwise use another method on this guide Smile

~*~Bank Transfer~*~
This method is my second favorite method because it is safe, and you can also avoid taxation with it. I am NOT insinuating you break your countries tax laws, but that's a little fun-fact for you guys Rolling Eyes. The reason I am not too fond of this method is because it takes up to 3 days, but I would trust very large amounts to be transferred this way.

Bank transfers are exactly that. You or the buyer directly transfers cash from their bank account, to yours, or vice versa. This method is done based on your bank account, and the buyer will usually get your information with this method. This information can include your name, address, country, (state - If in the USA) ZIP code, Routing Numbers, and Bank account numbers. Each bank has different information they need to do a bank transfer. I have an American bank named "Chase" so I will put the process below.

1. Find a buyer and set a price and deal. Also, make sure they are aware that the waiting time is 2-3 BUSINESS days. Offer to use a OMM if the transaction is larger (500m+)
  2. Make them agree to a BT, and tell them to call their bank so they know what info they need, and HOW to send the money to you.
  3. If their bank requires them to have all of your information, then your only options is to give the buyer that. If not, then that's great too.
  4. Wait 2-3 business days for the money to appear in your bank account, and deliver as usual.

While this method is not frequently used, I still put it up here as it is a good and safe method despite the wait time. I'd rather wait 2-3 days, then lose 100% profit Smile

~*~Western Union~*~
[color=orange]This is by FAR my favorite method, and I love writing about it as it's so simple yet over-looked quite a lot. Yes, it does take some explaining, and the fees are high, but hell, for bulk orders, it's safer then hell. To start, first you'll need a buyer who is willing to use this method as not everyone is of-age, and can't drive to a local "WU" agent to drop off the cash.

If you are asked about a location that's near them that they can drop off the cash at, then don't be lazy, and refer them HERE .

Make Sure to Give Them the Following Information:
  1. Your FULL name (Needs to be your real name otherwise you'll never get the money)
  2. Your Addres
  3. Your City, State, and Zip Code

The Information You Will Need From Them:
  1. Their Full Name
  2. Their Address
  3. Their City, State, and Zip Code
  4. MTCN Number (This is a number of the transaction given to them to give to you - MAKE SURE TO GET THIS)

Once the buyer sends the money, then you get all of this information, and go pick it up. When you have the money in-hand, trade the gold over Smile.This method is safe, and I suggest using it if you can. It's not too difficult to comprehend, and I've done DOZENS of these with no issues at all.

====================Final Notes====================

There are safe ways to sell gold! Use the steps above. If WU or BT is a pain for you, then use Paypal, but follow my instructions. It'll save you from charge-backs most of the time, but there are no promises. Just be careful and happy banking Smile

P.S. This guide took me about 4 hours to write, so PLEASE actually use it. I dont care for reps or that type of stuff, but I'd rather people read this, then message me complaining of getting charged-back, etc... I will make this a sticky once I think enough people have read it! Thanks Smile

Last edited by [ADMIN] Corowns on 22/8/2012, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Corowns
Corowns
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

~*~Guide to Your RWTing Needs~*~ Empty Re: ~*~Guide to Your RWTing Needs~*~

Post by Woah Rand 22/8/2012, 3:12 pm

Ty for posting this.Great way for people who have never done this to feel safe and reassured
Woah Rand
Woah Rand
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 28/8/2012, 1:03 pm

Nice guide, 1 question, how are we able to buy rsgp now that they have set up this system...
Ironic
Ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by Corowns 29/8/2012, 8:41 am

X1X wrote:Nice guide, 1 question, how are we able to buy rsgp now that they have set up this system...

I dont quite understand what you mean? This is recommended based off my knowledge and experience, but you are free to buy and sell as you please. I guess you can just say, this is "suggested" by us Smile
Corowns
Corowns
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 3/9/2012, 4:15 am

Thank you Corowns. Ive recently decided to get into rwt and had been asking a million questions to people. This guide answered all of my questions and then some! Thank you so much. <3

Edit: Oh yea +rep Wink
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by XxSinzxX 13/12/2012, 3:31 pm

Hey Corowns, Im sorry if this is considered a "grave dig" as this thread is from september but i was wondering if you could update it with any new transaction methods that have come around, like ive been seeing people use and talk about "moneypaks" what is that all about? is that safe? How long does that take? Are there any other options that don't involve paypal WU or a BT? Thanks. santa
XxSinzxX
XxSinzxX
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down