Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choosing a moneymaking skill

3 posters

Go down

Choosing a moneymaking skill Empty Choosing a moneymaking skill

Post by Panda Squared 25/3/2013, 2:37 am

Hi all,

I'm having trouble choosing a moneymaking skill/a way to make money. I'm a busy person, so I'm looking for tasks that are relatively easy so I can do other things. Fishing comes to mind, but wc seems like a close second. Mining looks like it obviously makes the most money, but it is very interactive.

Any money making tips?

I'm open to anything since I just started; rc, hunter, thieving, slayer, etc.

Panda Squared
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Choosing a moneymaking skill Empty Re: Choosing a moneymaking skill

Post by pitsingeraj 25/3/2013, 12:02 pm

At 91 rc you get like 800k per hour doing double natures.. but that's a long goal and extremely interactive. I love fishing. It's one of my favorite skills. So if you're level 1 fishing here is a quick guide for quick level/most gp:

1-10: Net fishing shrimp at Draynor
10-20: Bait fishing at Draynor
20-50/60: Fly fishing and banking at Edgeville/Shilos Village
50/60-70: Lobster at Catherby
Do Swan Song
70-90/99: Catch Monkfish
90-99: Fish shark

May not be fastest, but its good for money

pitsingeraj
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Squared 26/3/2013, 1:58 am

pitsingeraj wrote:At 91 rc you get like 800k per hour doing double natures.. but that's a long goal and extremely interactive. I love fishing. It's one of my favorite skills. So if you're level 1 fishing here is a quick guide for quick level/most gp:

1-10: Net fishing shrimp at Draynor
10-20: Bait fishing at Draynor
20-50/60: Fly fishing and banking at Edgeville/Shilos Village
50/60-70: Lobster at Catherby
Do Swan Song
70-90/99: Catch Monkfish
90-99: Fish shark

May not be fastest, but its good for money

Dang rc sounds really appealing, is there anything good along the way, though? I'm fine if it's interactive but makes 2-3x more money.
Also, fishing does seem really good, but even swordfish are only like 120gp which isn't that good when coal is around 300. Do you know if that will change? Also, is wc good? Is it afkable or do yew trees reset fast. Approx how many logs do you get from a single tree?

Panda Squared
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pitsingeraj 26/3/2013, 10:54 am

It has been a couple years since I've done woodcut, but I'm pretty sure you can get 250 yew logs an hour, and 100 mage logs an hour. For an inventory of mage logs it takes like 15 minutes. It's basically one of the most afkable skills. Just check back every few seconds to make sure you're still chopping.

RC is the biggest money maker right now because there is no lodestone network. Every body needs law runes. Also, every body wants 99 magic, SO they are going to need nature runes to either superheat or alch. With RC, you start making around 300k per hour around 44-50 runecrafting. The 800k per hour doesn't come until 91.

Fishing becomes good when you do the Swan Song quest and fish monk fish. They are really good experience at like 35k per hour. (there are faster ways, but they don't make money) They sell for about 500 each at the moment as they are going to be one of the most used in the wild other than shark since there are no rocktail or cavefish.

I hope I helped Smile

pitsingeraj
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Flapso 26/3/2013, 11:23 am

My first option would be wc. Runecrafting is very good money making, but before you get to that stage you're gonna have to put in soo many hours. If you have runners that would help a lot. Fishing is also really good. Do a mix between fishing and wc imo.
Flapso
Flapso
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pitsingeraj 26/3/2013, 11:29 am

http://www.smokinelite.com/t74078-money-making-on-07

Here is a link to what I am doing on my account for money. It requires mining and smithing. Another option that is highly interactive is hunter. That is what I'm doing right now. Once you get to level 63, which can be done over a weekend depending on how much you play, you get really high experience. 50k-100k exp per hour depending on level. Red chinchompas sell for ~500 each at the moment, so it's really goood

edit: one more option I just heard of is slayer. Get your slayer to 58 and kill cave horrors. They drop the black mask and that sells for 1m each. 58 slayer doesn't take that long to accomplish.

pitsingeraj
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down