Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laptop

4 posters

Go down

Laptop Empty Laptop

Post by Omit 4/5/2013, 11:24 pm

Hey, I'm just wondering is this http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/sony-vaio-sve1513m1e-15-5-laptop-white-20731950-pdt.html good enough for runescape/other gmes? I'm a nub at pc's :p would it over heat like this laptop all the time and is there any other laptop which is better on the PC world website with the £500~ price? Thanks.
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Laptop Empty Re: Laptop

Post by attk master 5/5/2013, 5:51 am

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/gbweb/LenovoPortal/en_GB/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=240&Code=E535BETTER_SAP

or

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/ideapad/z-series/z580/?sb=:000001D4:0001BE11:

the thinkpad line has such a high build quality it has lasted through fires, floods, even 5 foot falls, yet they still work. your data is still 100% safe. google thinkpad survival stories and you won't find yourself disappointed. the 1st one is an EXCELLENT option. it has 8 hours of battery life as well, which is great. sucks that this isn't available int he US.

the second option has a more powerful GPU, and a less powerful CPU. (according to clock speeds) it also weighs more and the batter is up to 5 hours which is ok, but not amazing. this is a good option too, but i can't really promise anything out of this.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 5/5/2013, 11:17 am

Looks pretty cool but I only have a £500 voucher for PCWorld/Currys. :p
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 6/5/2013, 1:37 am

attk master wrote:http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/gbweb/LenovoPortal/en_GB/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=240&Code=E535BETTER_SAP

or

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/ideapad/z-series/z580/?sb=:000001D4:0001BE11:

the thinkpad line has such a high build quality it has lasted through fires, floods, even 5 foot falls, yet they still work. your data is still 100% safe. google thinkpad survival stories and you won't find yourself disappointed. the 1st one is an EXCELLENT option. it has 8 hours of battery life as well, which is great. sucks that this isn't available int he US.

the second option has a more powerful GPU, and a less powerful CPU. (according to clock speeds) it also weighs more and the batter is up to 5 hours which is ok, but not amazing. this is a good option too, but i can't really promise anything out of this.

My school uses the ThinkPad line and I have seen people drop the punch the laptops. They still worked fine. xD
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 6/5/2013, 2:10 am

Omit wrote:Looks pretty cool but I only have a £500 voucher for PCWorld/Currys. :p

well, there's not much of a choice, but i'd recommend this one instead: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/samsung-series-5-550p5c-15-6-laptop-silver-17056548-pdt.html

samsung is a good brand, much better than sony imo. has extra ram too which is good, but still integrated hd 4000 graphics. has a nice high end 6235 wireless card so you can use dual band, has jbl speakers, perfect for non extensive gaming.

attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 6/5/2013, 11:40 am

Hmmm, so that is like 100% better than the viao? I think my cousin has it and she can't get her mouse to move while typing, even some technican people tried and the trackpad pisses me off, I don't really like the feeling of it. :p
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 6/5/2013, 6:40 pm

Omit wrote:Hmmm, so that is like 100% better than the viao? I think my cousin has it and she can't get her mouse to move while typing, even some technican people tried and the trackpad pisses me off, I don't really like the feeling of it. :p

to me samsung is way better than sony. smasung is known to make generic lcd screens (my laptop's lcd screen is made by samsung), ram, and flash memory for ssd. when building their machines they try to make it as whole as they can, rather than buying each individual part form a different country, like some manufacturers do which offers higher build quality. i have 3 samsung branded items and i was happy with every single one of them, i even had to buy an $8 tracfone for something and that had high build quality. i have sony headphones ($15) and a ps2, when i got a samsung galaxy player 3.6 the headphones that came with them (generic $5 headphones) were better quality than the sony headphones in both sound and build quality. the ps2 is still working to this day and has taken a lot, the only sony thing that i have owned that lasted a while. in general i'd say samsung is better, but the trackpad issue may just be with her computer (drivers, hardware, software), or it may be in general (bad build quality), but i don't think you'll be disappointed with the samsung. you really should use a mouse anyway, you'll have more control and it's easier when playing rs. sony does not offer high end hardware, even if you pay $2000 for a carbon fiber laptop, the battery life of sony's laptop isn't as good, even with the external battery, samsung just excels in high battery life and higher end hardware. if sony's build quality is anything like toshiba's i wouldn't even consider sony.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 6/5/2013, 11:23 pm

Lol, thanks bro. Lol I still have my PS2 too :3 it's the shit.
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MumzyRanger 8/5/2013, 6:06 am

Omit wrote:Looks pretty cool but I only have a £500 voucher for PCWorld/Currys. :p
how the hell do you have a 500quid voucher :p
MumzyRanger
MumzyRanger
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down