Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS]

+7
[Nicholas]
Hong
Omit
AgentPerry
Wutz
Connor
Heartstop123
11 posters

Go down

How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS] Empty How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS]

Post by Heartstop123 5/5/2013, 10:56 pm

How to make an Initiate Beast

Note: this guide expects that you have all items needed in the bank.
Note: this guide expects you to mage all quest monsters unless otherwise stated.
Note: images and other final touches (color size centering etc) will be done later as I typed all this on my iPhone.

F.A.Q.

Q. What advantage does 20 defence give?
A. With 20 defence you can wear initiate armor which gives you better defence bonus than 1 def pures and also gives you prayer bonus. You can also wear mystic if you enjoy hybridding. You can get adamant gloves from RFD where as 1 def pures can only get mithril gloves. You also dont have to spend as much time doing quests as you would if you were a berserker pure. You can get (a) mithril defender(s) which provide a decent strength bonus that pures can't get.

Q. What levels should I get?
A. With 20 defence pures you want to have atleast 70 attack. The prayer bonus from initiate will help you protect your whip while smiting other players out in the wilderness. Higher attack also allows you to hit more accurately on berserker pures and tanks. Strength is also important, so you have to find a balance between attack and strength training, I find that keeping your attack 10 levels behind your strength makes your initiate pure a beast in the wilderness at virtually any combat level. Obviously your defence should be lvl 20. Your prayer level shouldn't go above 52 as you want to stay at a low combat level so you aren't fighting people with higher stats than you. Magic and ranged are really up to you, if you want to hybrid then train them up, however 70 range is suggested for black dhide chaps because they give more defense than initiate platelegs.

Q. What level will I be?
A. A maxed initiate pure will be lvl 99 combat with 99 attack, 99 strength, 99 Mage, 99 range, 99 hitpoints, 52 prayer and 20 defence. The best combat level for initiate pures would be high 80's - low 90's.

Q. What setup should I use?
A. Here is the best possible setup to use for melee
Initiate helm > mithril full helm
Initiate platebody > mithril platebody
Black dhide chaps > initiate platelegs > mithril platelegs
Abyssal whip > dragon scimitar > dragon longsword
Mithril defender > unholy book > mithril kiteshield
Climbing boots > mithril boots
Amulet of Fury > amulet of glory > amulet of strength
Firecape > skillcape > obsidian cape > team cape
Adamant gloves > mithril gloves > combat bracelet
Berserker ring > warrior ring > ring of recoil

Q. Where should I train combat?
A. Luckily there are plenty of places to train combat around Runescape because after a few days of training in the same place you might begin to lose your mind.
Rock crabs are one of the normal training spots for people with low / 1 defence accounts because they have lots of hp and barely do any damage.
Experiments(requires creature of fenkenstrain) are also good for training, but there aren't many spawns and they can become crowded very quickly.
Flesh crawlers are pretty good for training if you want to make some money while training. They drop fire runes noted iron ore, nature runes, fire runes, herbs and other things.
Deadly red spiders are probably one of the most underrated monsters to train on. They give some of the best experience in the game and yet they are virtually unheard of for training.
Bandits are good for training, however they hit fairly well and there are only a few spots where only 1 will attack you at a time.
Yaks are great for training. They barely hit, they have lots of hp and low defence.
Slayer is a good way to train combat also because it provides opportunities to train on lots of different monsters.
Monkey guards on ape atoll are a good spot to train if you have high enough attack because you can use protect from melee as well as attack and strength prayers as there is an altar right there.
Training at pest control is rather slow xp at lower levels and you don't get much hitpoints xp, so it is only recommended for higher levels who don't mind lower hp.

Things to know before getting started

Note: this list was compiled by me and contains only the items for quests listed in my guide and some teleports I thought would be useful.

Addy gloves item list:

Starting out

Note: You should kill all quest monsters with mage unless stated otherwise.
Code:
Quest: required items, monster(s) to kill - xp reward

Start as a girl character then bank everything except a fishing net. Fish 116 shrimp and you will get 10 fishing. (There is a fishing spot in Lumbridge swamp next to the mine you can drop or bank them) you should do the following things in the following order to get all quests done as efficiently as possible.

Restless ghost: - 1125 prayer xp

Earnest the chicken:

Varrock tab then go to west bank to get items for Gertrude's cat.

Gertrude's Cat: 2 raw sardines, Bucket of milk, Doogle leaves, coins - 1525 cooking xp

Home tele then bank and take out items for cooks assistant and rfd.

Cook's Assistant: bucket of milk, egg, pot of flour - 300 cooking xp

RFD: Eye of newt, Greenman's ale, rotten tomato, Fruit Blast, ashes

Bank and take out the items required for druidic ritual then Falador Tab and run north west to taverly.

Druidic ritual: Raw bear meat, raw rat meat, raw beef, raw chicken - 250 herblore xp

Bank under the burthrope bar for items required in death plateau.

Death Plateau: 10 bread, 10 trout, iron bar, coins, asgarnian ale, blurberry special - 3k attack xp

Bank under the burthrope bar for items needed in waterfall then useGames necklace to teleport to barbarian outpost and run south. (Bring some food)

Waterfall Quest: 6 Air runes, 6 Earth runes, 6 Water runes, a rope - 13.75k attack, 13.75k strength xp

Use a Camelot tab then bank for items needed in plague city, biohazard and fishing contest then run south west to ardougne

Plague city: Dwellberries, Rope, Spade, 4 Buckets of water, Bucket of milk, Chocolate dust, Snape grass - 2425 mining xp

Biohazard: Plague City, Priest top + bottom, Kill a lvl 13 monster - 1.25k thieving xp

Run north east of the fishing guild

Fishing Contest: coins, garlic, fishing rod, fishing bait, spade, 2437 fishing xp

Home tele then bank for items needed in the dwarf subquest of rfd, murder mystery and goblin diplomacy.

Dwarf: coins, bucket of milk, flour, egg, bowl of water, gloves - 1k slayer xp, 1k cooking xp

Camelot tab then go north

Murder Mystery: pot - 1406 crafting xp

Falador tab then go north

Goblin Deplomacy: 3 Goblin mail, Blue dye, Orange dye, 200 crafting xp

Home tele and bank for items required in the goblin general subquest of rfd and black knights fortress.

Goblins: Charcoal, an orange, knife, any dye except red, yellow, or orange; Spices, fishing bait, bread, bucket of water - 1k cooking xp, 1k farming xp, 1k crafting xp

Falador tab

Black knights fortress: cabbage, iron chain, bronze med helmet

Bank all items remaining

Recruitment Drive: kill a lvl 20 - 1k prayer xp, 1k agility xp, 1k herblore xp

Buy some initiate then Varrock tab and bank for items needed in demon slayer.

Varrock museum basement natural history quiz: - 1k slayer, 1k hunter

Demon Slayer : coins, bucket of water, 25 bones, kill lvl 27 monster

Bank for items needed in priest in peril. MELEE ONLY FIGHT

Priest in peril: 50 Pure essence, bucket, kill 2 lvl 30 monsters - 1406 prayer xp

Bank for items needed in Witch's house and nature spirit

Nature spirit : Silver Sickle, Amulet of Ghostspeak, kill 3 lvl 30 monsters - 3k crafting xp, 2k defence xp, 2k hitpoints xp

Witch's house: Cheese, leather gloves, Kill lvl 19/ 30/ 42/ 53 monsters - 6325 hitpoints xp

Bank for items needed in tree gnome village the teleport to castle wars and walk north.

Tree Gnome Village: 6 logs, kill a lvl 112 monster - 11.45k attack xp

Camelot tab and bank for a melee weapon then run southwest to ardougne and steal 412 cakes and you will get 25 thieving.(kill the guards who attack you for strength xp)

Bank for items needed in the golem and the grand tree then use dueling ring to teleport to al kahrid

The Golem: empty vial, pestle and mortar, knife, hammer, chisel, papyrus, 2 shanty passes, 3 waterskins, 4 soft clay - 1k thieving xp, 1k crafting xp

Games necklace to barbarian outpost then walk to the gnome agility course and complete 80 laps and you will have 25 agility.

The Grand Tree: ring of dueling, Kill a lvl 172 - 18.4k Attack xp 7.9k Agility xp, 2150 Magic xp

Home tele and bank for raw trout. You need to cook 156 trout to get 31 cooking.(you will burn a lot I suggest having around 300 raw trout)

Bank for items needed in pirate Pete subquest

Pirate Pete: raw cod, pestle and mortar, bread, knife, fishbowl, needle, 3 bronze wire - 1k cooking xp, 1k crafting xp, 1k fishing xp, 1k smithing xp

Bank for flax. Spin 1519 flax into bowstring and you will be 40 crafting.

Take out 7842 feathers and 7842 arrow shafts and make 7742 headless arrows. You will get 25 fletching.

Take out a tinderbox and a hatchet. Cut and burn 97 logs andyou will be 15 firmaking, then head towards draynor. Cut and burn 10 oak logs and you will be 20 firemaking. Cut 919 more oak logs and you will be 40 woodcutting.

Camelot tab and bank for items needed in fremenik trials

Fremenik Trials: raw shark, hatchet, knife, tinderbox, coins, kill a lvl 69 monster - 2812.4 Agility xp, 2812.4 Attack xp, 2812.4 Crafting xp, 2812.4 Defence xp, 2812.4 Fishing xp, 2812.4 Fletching xp, 2812.4 Hitpoints xp, 2812.4 Strength xp, 2812.4 Thieving xp, 2812.4 Woodcutting xp

Home tele bank for items needed in lost city then go west

Lost City: knife, bronze axe, kill a lvl 101 tree spirit

Now I suggest training combat or getting 43 prayer(186 dragon bones on a gilded altar) and some prayer potions because the boss from shadow of the storm hits high very accurately.

Bank for items needed in shadow of the storm and the use a ring of dueling to go to al kharid

Shadow of the Storm: coins, Desert robes, Silver bar, Pestle and Mortar, empty Vial, Black armor set, Silverlight, kill lvl 100 Monster - 10k xp any combat skill(I suggest using it on range to cut down on time / money getting 30 range. The lamp gets you 29)

Home tele then bank and cook 144 tuna( you will burn a lot so probably have 400 raw tuna in the bank) the bank for items needed in evil Dave subquest and the Lumbridge guide subquest

Evil Dave: Stews, kitten/cat - 7k cooking xp

Get 30 ranged(easy if to used the lamp on ranged)
Teleport to castle wars with a ring if dueling then bank for items needed in big chompy bird hunting and go south east to the feldip hills

Big Chompy Bird Hunting: axe, 100 feathers, knife, chisel, 6 wolf bones - 262 Fletching xp, 1470 Cooking xp, 735 Range xp

home tele and get items for lumbridge guide

Lumbridge guide: Bucket of milk, egg, flour, cake tin - 2.5k cooking xp, 2.5k magic xp

Teleport to barbarian outpost with a games necklace and go south west then bank for items needed in monkey madness.

Monkey Madness: Gold bar, Ball of wool, karamja Monkey bones, Antipoison potions, Ring of dueling, Prayer potions, kill a lvl 195 - don't take the xp reward

Use Glory teleport to draynor village. Bank for items needed in animal magnetism then to north

Animal Magnetism: 18 Slayer, 19 Crafting, 30 Range, 35 Woodcutting, Mith axe, 5 iron bars, Ghostspeak amulet, 4 pots, 4 buckets, 4 bones, Hammer, Holy symbol, Buttons, Hard leather - 1k crafting, 1k fletching, 1k slayer, 2.5k woodcutting

Home tele then bank for items needed in Skrach uglogwee subquest

Skrach Uglogwee: chefs delight, axe, raw chompy, iron spit, logs, tinderbox, ogre bellows, pickaxe, ball of wool, an ogre bow, ogre arrows. - 1.5k woodcutting xp, 1.5k cooking xp, 1.5k crafting xp, 1.5k range xp

Congrats you are done questing!

Last edited by Heartstop123 on 6/6/2013, 6:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS] Empty Re: How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS]

Post by Connor 5/5/2013, 11:15 pm

Wow very nice! I may make an initiate pure Very Happy
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS] Empty Re: How to make an Initiate Beast [OSRS]

Post by Wutz 7/5/2013, 6:03 pm

+rep Surprised
I might make that build when I need a pking account :p
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentPerry 7/5/2013, 6:08 pm

You really typed this all on your iPhone?

I'm truly amazed if you did Razz I might make a initiate pure after seeing this Smile
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 7/5/2013, 8:13 pm

AgentPerry wrote:You really typed this all on your iPhone?

I'm truly amazed if you did Razz I might make a initiate pure after seeing this Smile

Yes I did lol this is what I do at work >.<
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 7/5/2013, 11:21 pm

Wow, all in your iPhone? Wow. The guide was pretty sick I would make one but I'm like 1/4 of the way for a zerk pure. Sad
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hong 6/6/2013, 12:51 pm

This is a brilliant guide, I've been following this and I'm nearly done questing! +Rep
Hong
Hong
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hong 6/6/2013, 6:20 pm

Oh and by the way, Big Chompy Bird Hunting should come before Lumbridge Guide as it's one of the requirements to start the quest.
Hong
Hong
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 6/6/2013, 6:52 pm

Hong wrote:Oh and by the way, Big Chompy Bird Hunting should come before Lumbridge Guide as it's one of the requirements to start the quest.
woops i'll fix that soon. thanks! +rep
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hong 7/6/2013, 11:17 am

Sorry but just one more thing...Apparently the update that made the xp reward for Monkey Madness optional came out in 09, meaning that if you complete the quest you'll gain at least 20k Defence xp. Just letting you know.
Hong
Hong
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 7/6/2013, 6:31 pm

no you dont, just don't talk to dareo after the quest and you wont get the xp. (i have already done it thats how i know) however this does prohibit you from going back onto ape atoll.
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hong 7/6/2013, 10:27 pm

Heartstop123 wrote:no you dont, just don't talk to dareo after the quest and you wont get the xp. (i have already done it thats how i know) however this does prohibit you from going back onto ape atoll.

My bad, sorry.
Hong
Hong
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [Nicholas] 17/7/2013, 11:28 am

Thanks for this, I was going to make a 1 def beast but accidentaly got 2, so its time to try something new Very Happy

So far the quest guide has been a huge help for me Smile

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wcs1998 21/7/2013, 5:28 pm

This is a really great guide, I'm having so much fun making an Initiate beast right now Very Happy
wcs1998
wcs1998
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by bwahahahaha8 12/2/2014, 11:08 pm

please can I just ask how long this sort of pure would take to make, I aim for 80-85 str 60-70 atk and 70 range?

bwahahahaha8
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Godashir 17/7/2014, 10:06 pm

Can you tell for 20 defence why What Lies is better than Nature + Frem Trials or Nature + In Seach/Aid of Myrque?

Godashir
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by skinnypanda 19/1/2015, 1:59 am

i am thinking about building a initiative pure, and i've been doing alot of research but found very limited sources. My main question is WHY all the quest? what purpose does it serve? cant i just do the main important ones instead of doing those that give me skill xp. If those little quests are required for the MAIN QUEST then i understand but other guides list alot of quest that has nothing to do with the main quests. ANY answer will help, please and thank you

skinnypanda
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down