Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013]

2 posters

Go down

Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013] Empty Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013]

Post by Abraxix92 18/6/2013, 4:16 pm

*Note this guide is not finished, need to post more information and place images to make the guide look better please do not rate or rep until i have finished the guide, it will be appreciated if you do not post yet also. Please also note i have never written anything over 200 words long, so grammar will be fixed shortly before this post i started this guide on notepad, so will have to fix some errors here."
Regard's
Rc Addict

Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide

Hello there Rc Addict here with my first ever guide whatsoever!
I recently started leveling up my almost maxed skiller main account a few weeks ago from combat level 4 and as i haven't really played combat pre EOC i can try and give some knowledge i have received over the previous few weeks to people
who are currently reading this guide. As I'm currently no were near maxed i can only offer limited information until i level up to almost maxed combat and therefore i will update this thread when i continue leveling up as i feel needed.

Now before you start reading the current guide, please take note that this information may not be 100% accurate, due to the fact people level's are different, and your gear and weapons/pots take a large consideration, the information may vary
between 10% higher or lower, if you wish to work your xp per hour exactly then you will have to open your xp counter each level to see what difference you have. Also as i only play one account this has only been tested by me once and due to leveling
rather fast some information will be off once again but i am trying to keep everything as accurate as possible.

This guide Takes into consideration of prayers and potions, but i will write what potion's, Armour, weapons, i am using for each monster. I will only be using 2H weapons in my guide as i personally find them much better for using ability's were as dual
Wielding is apparently better with momentum, Although the first few "quick level's" will have dual daggers with momentum only.

As i am new to combat, i have had a read up on the abilities quite a lot to learn the most effective ways to utilize them in combat, i will recommend your action bar setup's for combat training, not bossing or anything higher than just training.

*Note* i overloaded and prayed against all monsters here, even cows and had good gear for the levels i was, so XP will be different to your gear and prayers.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Basic Abilities

Basic abilities are your bread and butter for combat training, everyone who is training combat relies on these abilities and for good reason too! these abilities should be plentiful on your action bar. some abilities are great, but some of them seem rather pointless
to use while trying to maximize your experience per hour.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Threshold Abilities

These abilities are what make melee users amazingly powerful, you have a wide range of threshold abilities which holds limitless destruction and incredible multi-way combat skills if used correctly.
Threshold abilities require at least 50% adrenaline to use and takes around 10% of your adrenaline bar each time you use them. threshold abilities are not needed much at all, and you should only use them if you fancy seeing something different
for a change.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Ultimate Abilities

Ultimate abilities are amazing, but at that cost it takes 100% of your adrenaline once used, so use your ultimate abilities wisely while bossing...... bossing? wait were training for maximized xp not bossing, so forget these abilities until your bossing.

Action Bar Setup

Now the action bar is what makes evoulation of combat what is it, a semi spam button fest. this is personally how i play the game, and as i don't really play competitive or boss at the moment this is how mine is, simple and basic to its best.
But people can obviously change the number keys (1-0) to other things which will make it easier for them, such as using your letter keys instead of number, this is a guide, not something you must follow step by step, feel around and get used to what is best for you.
Your action bar isn't just for abilities you know? you can place almost anything on the action bar which is needed for combat but for simple sakes i will post what my action bar looks like.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Weapon choice.

Weapon choice's in the EOC have changed quite a lot since pre EOC, making weapons which wasn't used a lot, quite useful now and rather cheap to use since all weapons on the same category have the same weapon statistics to a point, the only real difference is the weapon
attack style, i will go through the full range of weapons from level 1 to the level i am currently playing around with.

Level 1-40
Bronze - Mithril

For the first 39 levels you will want to use x2 daggers or claws with momentum activated for the best experienced gained, and will also get you slowly used to the evoulation of combat, you will want to upgrade your weapon material type until you reach Adamantite.

Level 40-50
Adamantite

Finally here we are Adamantite weaponry you could use Gravite weapons but as your low combat i doubt you will have one or the need to waste Dungeoneering points for 5 levels, and you can finally gain efficient experience from using 2 handed weapons you can choose
any of the following weapons as the only difference is the attack style and the pricing of the weapons, the previous information is related to weapons further down the guide as well.

Level 50-60
Runite

You have finally reached the almighty runite weapon which is the last stage of F2P weaponry (excluding corrupt dragon)

Level 60-70
Dragon and obsidian

Now your at dragon and obsidian level requirements you have quite a few option's of dragon weapons to go for, but the dragon halberd requires a quest completed to use, so now you have a choice between dragon spear and dragon 2H
But quite a few people forget about obsidian weapons such as the Tzharr-Ket-om (aka obby maul) now the dragon 2H is flashy but a steep price tag, so i would choose between Tzhaar-ket-om or the dragon spear which is the cheaper option currently.

Level 70-75+
Barrows Brothers

We are now at a fairly interesting part of the guide, we are at the barrow brothers weapons which can be a complicated place to be at as most people over look the weapons because of pre-eoc combat, but i find these weapons great.
Now depending on what you are wanting to do is what debates the weapon of your choosing, if you have level 70 defense also you might want to choose Guthans Warspear for its set bonus boost of slightly healing you, or you may wish to choose Dharoks Great axe if you
like to be on low health for the risk to hit higher thus increasing experience rates, but if you haven't got the cash for the set, or you haven't gotten 70 defense go for the veracs Flail, which is the same base damage and also has +2 prayer bonus.
Do take note though if you plan on using barrows brother weaponry it does degrade over time, and will need fixing once it reaches 0.

Level 75-80
God War Dungeon

Finally we are at the legendary God War Dungeon weaponry, were brave adventures venture into the dungeon to collect rewards to sell to other players, quite a few of the God War Dungeon weapons are expensive, Such as the Saradomin God sword which has a passive ability
that has a 25% chance to restore 3% life points and 3% prayer points which is the reason it holds a heavy price tag. The Bandos God sword has a passive effect which can decrease the targets level by 1 if they have a defense level high enough. i would personally aviod this.
The once praised Armadyl God sword has a passive effect of 25% to raise the wielders attack and strength levels by 1 each time, but this does NOT stack with potions, so i would avoid this again. the Zamorak god sword has a passive effect,This god sword has a 25% chance to root and stun the target for 5 seconds on a successful hit.
Which brings us to the last and most under looked God Wars Weapon which is the Saradomin sword, now yes this weapon does not have any passive abilities but for the amount of time your training to that doesn't matter too much, the Saradomin sword is currently cheaper than a Dragon 2H so this is a cheap option and second
most effective.

Level 80-99
Chaotic Maul

Now the time arises for the arguely best 2H weapon in the game, which is the Chaotic Maul the damage from this weapon is amazing and anything you train on will be no more this can decimate anything you target if used correctly.
Do note this weapon does need to be bought from the trader in the Dungeonerring place for a cost of 200k tokens, after 10 hours active combat this weapon will need recharging for either 2M or for a set amount of tokens, but the cost is well worth the damage you will cause.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Armor And Equipment.

As people know armor and equipment are extremely important in the evoulation of combat for the main reason armor now changes your life points drastically here is what i would recommend.

Armors

Level 1-70
Bronze - Dragon

Slowly upgrade from bronze up to dragon Armour, as your dual wielding you do not need a shield, i personally recommend to use a dragon helm instead of the dragon full helm as there is not a massive difference for the price of the items.

Level 70-75
Barrows Brothers

We are once again at Barrows items and this is wear your choice of weapon can play a role into what armour you choose, i would personally recommend Guthans or Dharoks, although if your short on cash stick with runite/dragon.

Level 75
Bandos set (excluding shield) (+64 damage)

If you decide to buy Bandos Armour it is worth the cost completely as it will increase your damage a lot if you decide to buy

Level 80
Torva set (+74 damage)
You now have the chance to buy torva armour which gives you a good damage boost, but i don't recommend buying Torva for standard PVM unless you have money to sink into a slightly faster experience rate.

Amulet slot:

Fury
The amulet of fury is a good overall amulet which provides you with +3 prayer and a critical bonus of 4.2% to melee, range and magic.

Demon horn necklace
The demon horn necklace is a good necklace to use if you plan on using constant prayer when combined with the bonecrusher against monsters who drop bones this is a effective necklace to use, due to the fact each normal bone buried with the bonecrusher
you gain 50 prayer points, you gain 100 for baby dragon bones or Wyvern and 150 for dragon Oourg and Frost dragon bones. the amulet also +5 prayer. the demon horn necklace requires 35k Dungeonerring points and 90 prayer to use.

Ring slot:

Berserker ring
The Berserker ring adds +5 armor rating and provides 2.2% critical bonuses to your melee, range and magic attacks.

Onyx ring (i)
Although i have personally not got this item it provides +23 armor rating and provides 2.7% bonuses to your melee, range and magic attacks.

Inventory items:

Bonecrusher
This item combined with Demon horn necklace makes your prayer last forever against monsters that drop bones, although bonecrusher will not crush any noted bones, this item requires 34k Dungeonerring points to buy.

Charming imp
The Charming imp collects charms before they drop to the ground and places them in your inventory you need 21 summoning to buy this item and also requires 100k Dungeonerring points to buy. This is highly recommended to maximize your combat experience, unless you want to
Sacrifice xp for picking charm up.

Prayer.

There isn't a right lot i know about prayer to be honest so i cannot add much to this, but i will have turmoil and soul split once Ive completed a few more quests, my advise is to constantly use your best available prayer such as Turmoil (95), Soul Split (92), Piety (70), Incredible Reflexes (34), and Ultimate Strength (31).
Combined with demon horn necklace and bonecrusher you wont have massive prayer issues, especially with Incredible Reflexes and Ultimate Strength activated.

Training area/monsters/Armour setup

Before you start leveling up, i would advise to level up attack to 10 then strength then defense, and continue to use this process, unless you are keen on staying at a certain defense level. The reason for training attack first is so you can gain faster experience due to better weapons.
I have chosen a wide range of monsters and locations of how to get to them and less crowded places, the information again might not be 100% accurate as recently for example jagex buffed a number of monsters (17/06/2013)

1-50

Cow
Life points: 25
Xp/hour: 30-50k
Level: 1-40(50)

Locations: Taverly (fastest spawn but bot infested) Lumbridge farm (slower spawn but empty)
Action bar: Momentum
Weapon: Dual daggers or dual claws.

Now as quite a number of guides have always included here is the almighty cow, the one monster in runescape which has always been slain a number of times per person, the cow cannot hit much at all and with low HP and your fast weapons you should level up
rather easy on this "monster", this part of the leveling process is the fastest but can be rather dull as fighting cows provide little to non in the enjoyment level.

50-60

Al-kharid warriors
Life points: 650
Xp/hour: 40-55k
Level: 40(50)-60

Locations: Al-Kharid Castle
Action bar: Standard action bar (non momentum)
Weapon: your chosen Adamantite/Runite 2H weapon.

Once again many people trained here pre EOC and currently do, al-kharid warriors are aggressive when you attack one of them and one of there fellow soldiers spot you, this can help increase the xp/hour if used correctly.
You can start training here at 40 attack but can wait till 50 attack for faster experience, i choose to come here due to the boredom of fighting cows constantly.

60-70

Shade
Life points : 2.200
Xp/Hour: 50-70k
Level: 60-70

Locations: 4th floor of the stronghold of security
Action bar: standard action bar (non momentum)
Weapon: Your chosen dragon 2H weapon or obby maul.

With your current stats we start to move onto better monsters to find that much needed juicy combat experience, and with that said these shades can provide a much needed change of scenery as this will be the first "dark" environment you will be in.
Shades are also very ideal for F2P players but have a good ratio that P2P members can enjoy, if you managed to kill this monster in around 1-4hits, its worth moving onto the next monster early.

65-70

Jungle spider
Life points: 3,100
Xp/hour: 130k
Level: 65-70 (75)

Locations: Island of east Yanille ( grand tree quest location)
Action bar: standard action bar (non momentum)
Weapon: Your chosen dragon 2H or obby maul.

Jungle spiders are highly underrated to train against, but do infact hold the best xp/hour for the levels needed, the reason for this is jungle spiders have extremely low defense for their combat level which is great for power leveling, it will be rather easy to get a training spot to your self without having to hop constantly,
as i recommended coming here earlier if you are killing shades in 1-4 hits, if you managed to struggle on this monster it will be worth going back to shades for a few extra levels.

70-80

Deadly red spider
Life points: 3,400
Xp/hour: 220k
Level: 70 (75) - 80

locations:Chaos tunnels (recommended) Varrock sewers and Karamja are not recommended as Varrock sewers are bot infested and Karmaja have a low re spawn rate
Action bar: Standard action bar (non momentum)
Weapon: Your chosen Barrows brothers weapon or god sword/sara sword if 75 attack.

Deadly red spiders are highly advised by many players who have trained melee stats, you will want to choose a low population world if you decide to go to the chaos tunnels (recommended) due to the fact you have to run through the wilderness to enter (below level 15 wilderness) but for this reason it will be worth bringing
a teleport tablet in case you are unlucky. if you decide to go to Varrock sewers or Karmaja then you will lose half of your experience as you cannot afk as much due to the bots clicking rather fast. in the chaos tunnels there are roughly 12 red spiders and while i was leveling for a few hours i never saw anybody!

Level 80+

I have currently not gotten here yet, but i will research for the next monsters and will update in a little while.

Last edited by RC Addict on 18/6/2013, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abraxix92
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013] Empty Re: Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013]

Post by Abraxix92 22/6/2013, 11:29 am

I'll finish this when new forums are out.

Abraxix92
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013] Empty Re: Abraxix92's P2P Melee Combat Training Guide [currently not finished][Updated 18/06/2013]

Post by Natsu 30/6/2013, 1:34 am

not a bad guide so far, looking foward to see lvl 80+ monsters, currently working on getting my str to 80 as my other combat stats are lvl 80.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down