Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide

+2
FrodoTBaginz
Justin
6 posters

Go down

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Empty All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide

Post by Justin 9/7/2013, 2:24 am

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  RunecraftingAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte11All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Runecrafting
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte25
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Runecrafting_cape_(t)_detail
This guide will be an all-inclusive guide to the skill of Runecrafting. This will include how to get to level 99 with multiple methods, along with any other miscellaneous Runecrafting information. 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte12 
With Runecrafting, you will be taking rune or pure essence and crafting a rune from it. This skill will give you one of the best moneymakers in the game, and will amass you large amounts of cash. To actually craft a rune, enter the altar and follow the path and click on the altar.  Be warned, it is a long and repetitive skill that only the most focused can master. To even unlock the runecrafting skill, you must first complete the quest "Rune Mysteries". This is a basic quest and should not take long. 
Good luck on your runecrafting journey! 
Types of Runes you Can Craft
Spoiler:

Multiple Runes
Spoiler:
Be aware that multiple runes does not grant more exp. You only get the exp per essence used, not the runes crafted. 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte13

Talismans and Tiaras
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Fire_talisman_detail  
You will need a talisman or tiara on your character at all times in order to enter the abyss. A tiara is recommended because it does not take up an inventory space. To make a tiara, simply take the talisman of your choice to that specific altar. Use the talisman on the altar along with having a blank tiara in your inventory and you will craft that specific tiara. You can buy talismans off other players. 

Rune and Pure Essence
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  80px-Pure_essence_detailAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  80px-Pure_essence_detailAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  80px-Pure_essence_detailAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  80px-Pure_essence_detail
All the runes you craft will be made from rune or pure essencea. Rune essence can be used for 6 runes: air, earth, water, fire, body, and mind. While on the other hand, pure essence is required for anything above that. (Comic’s and up) 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte14
First of all, I recommend getting these items to 
increase your xp/hr for Runecrafting. 
Any boost is almost necessary if you wish to
maximize your experience while training. 
These items will allow you to run longer 
without which means faster Runecrafting laps. 

Boots of Lightness
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  75px-Boots_of_lightness_detail

These boots are obtained from the quest “Temple of Ikov”. 
You do not even need to finish the quest to get the boots, and it is highly recommended 
that you spend ten minutes and get these. They will lower your total weight by 4.5 kilograms. 

Spotted Cape
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Spotted_cape_detail

This cape will also reduce your weight. The spotted cape reduces your weight by 2.2 kilograms.
 To make this cape, you will need two spotted kebbit furs.  You can bring it to the fancy dress store 
in Varrock to make it into a cape for 400 gp. Alternatively, 
you can also just buy one from another player. It requires 40 hunter to wear. 

Spottier Cape
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  75px-Spottier_cape_detail

This cape will also reduce your weight, but more so than the spotted cape. 
It can be made with two dashing kebbit furs and 800 gp 
at the fancy dress store.This will reduce your total weight 
by 4.5 kilograms. It requires 66 hunter to wear. 

Energy Potions
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Energy_potion_detail
Energy Potions will help you run further without having to walk. I highly recommend using these to increase your experience per hour.

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte15
These pouches will allow you to store essence in them to craft more runes per hour.  
They are unlocked by completing the abyss mini-quest, which will give you the small pouch. 
For the Medium, Large, and Giant pouches you will need to kill monster in the abyss for them. 

Small 
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Small_pouch
Holds 3 extra essence
Level 1

Medium
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Medium_pouch
Holds 6 extra essence
Level 25

Large 
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Large_pouch
Holds 9 extra essence
Level 50

Giant 
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Giant_pouch
Holds 12 extra essence
Level 75
It is recommended that you use only three pouches at a time. If you are under 75 Runecrafting, use the small, medium and large pouches. If you are 75 or higher, use the giant, large, and medium pouches. 

Remember that pouches degrade and you must get them fixed by the mage in the center of the abyss. (It is free.) If you don’t they will degrade into nothing. You can tell when they are degraded because they will change colors. You can get the mage to repair your pouches without having them on your character. They can be in the bank. 
Typical Runecrafting Gear and Inventory
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  F2c806609ff5859eb896ceae35257938

Head: Tiara of Choice
Necklace: Amulet of Glory (4)/Nothing
Cape: Spottier Cape/Spotted Cape/Nothing
Boots:Boots of Lightness/Nothing
Ring:Ring of Dueling/Ring of Life/Nothing

Inventory
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  E1ca76ae44caa3295367a440dbad1979
Optional:Pouches and Energy Potions. 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte23

The abyss is a special runecrafting area unlocked by the mini-quest "The Abyss". This area is very special. It is located in the Wilderness, north of Edgeville. When you enter you will be attacked by a plethora of different abyss creatures. These are what you kill to obtain your pouches. The abyss is comprised of two rings. An outer ring with the monsters, and an inner ring with the altars. To get into the inner ring, you will have to pass one of the obstacles. They use the skills woodcutting, agility, firemaking, thieving, and mining to get through. It is recommended you use the agility, thieving, and mining obstacles because they can be entered without wasting an inventory space. To get through the mining obstacle you will need a pickaxe.

Since the Abyss is dangerous, it is recommended you wear armor if you are under 80 defense. This is the suggested setup: 
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  B5540476ad2b926e4a8189b79b66b6c7
If you have a spottier cape, wear it. If you do not have the range level for black d'hide, you can wear the best d'hide available. 
Ring of life can be swapped out for ring of dueling if you forget to swap out your glories commonly. 
Remember you can wear whatever headgear you like because you do not need a tiara or talisman to enter the altar. A bear head is very useful as it provides good defenses and is light weight. The key is to obtain good defense bonuses while maintaining a low weight. (In the picture my weight is higher as my inventory is full of items)
How to Get to the Abyss
Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Howtog10
1) Use a amulet of glory (4) to teleport to Edgeville. Run to the abyss and enter following the path above.
2) You will be attacked by monsters. Pass through to the inner ring by completing an obstacle. You will not be damaged while attempting an obstacle. 
3) The inner ring. This is where you repair your pouches and craft your runes. To repair pouches, simply talk to the mage. He will repair them at no cost. To craft your runes, simply enter the rift of the altar you wish to appear at. Here is a map.
Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  20091219135725!Inner_ring_of_the_Abyss

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte16

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte17

Info
From levels 1-9 it is highly recommended that you complete the “Abyss” Mini-quest. This will kick start you to level 9, and will give you access to a Runecrafting feature you will most definitely use later in your training. Make sure to do this!

Method
Completing the Abyss mini-quest

Xp/Gp Rates
Not applicable

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte18

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Earth_rune_detail

Info
Earth runes will be what you use until you reach 14 Runecrafting. 
Assuming you have the 1k RC exp from the miniquest, you will need to craft 171 earth runes. This is only about 7 trips and shouldn’t take you long at all. 

Method
Start at the small Varrock bank, and run out through the gates up towards the sawmill. Follow the map and you will find the ruins. Craft your runes teleport back to Varrock. Repeat. 
Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Pathto10

Xp/Gp Rates
Not useful, you will only be crafting 171 runes.

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte19

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Fire_rune_detail

Info
From level 14 to 44, you will be crafting fire runes. This is a very fast source of Runecrafting experience if you use dueling rings to teleport. 

Method
You should start at Castle Wars, use a dueling ring to teleport to Al Kharid, and then use a dueling ring to bank again after crafting runes. Rinse and repeat!
Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Path_t10

Xp/Gp Rates
You will need to craft 7,649 fire runes to obtain level 44. This should take you a few hours to complete.  Experience per hour should be at around 30k. However, you do lose money, so this method is not recommended in long term.

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte20

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Nature_rune_detail

Info
To level 54, you will be crafting nature runes. The best method to craft these is through using the abyss. The abyss is the Runecrafting area that you have unlocked by completing the abyss mini-quest earlier in your training.
Method
Specific information about the abyss will be included below in a separate section. For natures, you should start at Edgeville bank, and run to the abyss. Craft your runes and then teleport back to Edgeville using your glory again. Bank and repeat. 
Map:
Xp/Gp Rates
You will need to craft 10,581 nature runes to achieve level 54. You will earn about 400k an hour, and achieve experience rates of around 20k an hour. 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte21

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Law_rune_detail

Info
To level 84, you will be making law runes. This is only recommended if you have completed the quest “Enlightened Journey”. This quest unlocks hot air balloons all around Runescape and will be what we use to make fast trips for law Runecrafting. Remember you can't have any weapons on Entrana!

Method
You will start at castle wars bank, and withdraw your essence as usual but along with it  you will withdraw a regular log. You will run out and take the flight to Entrana and then go to the law altar as usual. Follow the path in the picture. Use a dueling ring to teleport back to a bank. 

Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Cwarsl10
Then, run from this location on Entrana to the altar. 
Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Entran10
Xp/Gp Rates
You will need to craft 605,470 law runes to achieve level 82. At top speeds, you can craft about 2000 -2200 laws an hour.  The experience an hour is about 20k and the Gp earned is about 650k an hour at current market prices. 
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte22

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Nature_rune_detailAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Nature_rune_detail

Info
From levels 91 to 99 you will go back to the abyss and craft nature runes again. This one of the most profitable money making methods in Runescape and will yield you an amazing profit.

Method
Go back to the abyss and bank at Edgeville using glories. Follow the same path you used for single natures.

Xp/Gp Rates
You will have to use 750,659 individual essences. (You will have double that in natures.) The experience per hour is still around 20k an hour, and you will be making upwards of 800k an hour!
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte26
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte27
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Fire_rune_detailAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Fire_rune_detailAll Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Fire_rune_detail
Crafting fire runes can yield up to 30k an hour, which is the fastest runecrafting experience in the game. If you have lots of money and want to get to level 99 the fastest, this is the method. Be wary that fire runes will not sell for much and you will be making a large loss on your purchase of essence. It will take 1,861,761 fire runes to reach level 99. With a 50 gp loss per essence on average, that's about 90M loss on your way to 99! Yikes! 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte28
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  100px-Astral_rune_detail
Info
Crafting astral runes will require the completion of the quest "Lunar Diplomacy". This will unlock the location Lunar Isle where you will craft your astrals.

Method
Start at the lunar bank and follow the path to the altar. You do not need a tiara or talisman to enter this altar. Also, sometimes a monster will attack you on the path so be wary if you have low hp. 
Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Lunar10
You should also bring law runes so you can teleport back to the main part of Lunar Isle with the Lunars spell book.
 Xp/Gp Rates
For experience, at top speeds you can get up to 27k experience an hour. For Gp, you can make upwards of 500k an hour however the runes are sometimes hard to sell in bulk. If you want fast experience and good money, this is the route to take. 

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte29

• You can repair your pouches using the NPC contact spell to save time.
  • You can mine your own rune/pure essence to cut down on supply costs.
  • Try mixing up training methods to stay sharp and focused.
  • If you are having trouble with the obstacles in the abyss, try leveling those skills. If they are 50 or higher you will have a 50%+ (Increasing with level) success rate.
  • Don't give up!

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte31
Well, I bet your looking for some sort of way to show it off. Lucky for you, there is a runecrafting cape waiting with your name on it!
You can buy a RC cape at the rune shop in Varrock for 99k at level 99. 

Map:
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Rcape10
Congratz on that nice cape and emote! 
Emote:

Credits
Spoiler:

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Coolte30
And remember, Runecrafting is a difficult skill so be ready to be in it for the long haul. 
If you can make it, celebrate and bask in the glory of 99 runecrafting!
All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Runecrafting_cape_(t)_detail

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide  Empty Re: All Inclusive Runecrafting Guide

Post by FrodoTBaginz 10/7/2013, 3:59 am

If I ever decide to eat my 99 I will definitely use this log. Its well done. Not too much info but enough for someone lime me. I like how you give multiple methods especially because I'm pretty sure I have A.D.D. Razz Not only do you tell us how but you encourage us to switch things up and give us many other options. I plan to start skilling when I can get online again so hopefully I will use this and +rep it if/when I do.
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin 10/7/2013, 4:43 am

FrodoTBaginz wrote:If I ever decide to eat my 99 I will definitely use this log. Its well done. Not too much info but enough for someone lime me. I like how you give multiple methods especially because I'm pretty sure I have A.D.D. :PNot only do you tell us how but you encourage us to switch things up and give us many other options.  I plan to start skilling when I can get online again so hopefully I will use this and +rep it if/when I do.

Thanks, appreciate it man! Smile Glad someone liked it

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 10/7/2013, 2:04 pm

this guide is really nice and straight to the point imo, but not too short.

If I wanted to go for 99, ever, this guide would be enough to get me there Smile
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herblore 10/7/2013, 2:12 pm

once again and very very nice guide mate, this jft u make some good guides bro.
Herblore
Herblore
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin 10/7/2013, 3:00 pm

Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback and compliments Smile

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 27/7/2013, 9:34 pm

This guide has been rated 42.9 by the guide management team.
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 25/8/2013, 6:24 pm

This is alot of hard work ! But its very helpful , I don't like RC as much though D:
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down