Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide!

+6
XxSinzxX
MerchTilIDie
RSguru
Fatal
K ratos
gunmage8
10 posters

Go down

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Empty EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide!

Post by gunmage8 20/7/2013, 2:17 pm

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Green_charm_detailAbyss Barraging EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Green_charm_detail

Table of Contents:
1. Summary
2. Requirements
3. Monster Information
4. Setup
5. Location
6. Method
7. Credits

1. Summary

Blood Barraging in the Abyss not only allows for amazing semi away from keyboard training for magic and defense but also good for green charms. They have a 12-15% chance of dropping green charms and they drop effigies about 1 every 2 hours. With the method that I am going to explain you could be getting from 300-400k xp an hour. This xp can either be put to defense or magic.

2. Requirements
68 Magic
Completion of the Desert Treasure Quest
Completion of The mini quest Abyss

3. Monster Information

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Walker

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa10

Charm Drop Chance

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa11

4. Setup

Gear
This gear is just what i recommend. You can always change  it up or down depending on how much money you have.

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa12

Head: Ahrim Hood
Chest: Ahrim Robe Top
Legs: Ahrim Robe Skirt
Boots: Infinity boots
Gloves: Infinity Gloves
Ring: Seers Ring
Necklace:  Saradomin's Hiss
Cape: Obsidian Cape
Main-Hand: Ahrims Wand
Off-Hand: Ahrims Book of magic

Inventory

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa13

1 Click Teleport
Prayer Flask/Prayer Pots
Rock tail (emergency food)
Prayer Renewal Flask/Pots
All 4 charms
Runes for Blood Barrage
Optional (Charming Imp)

Action Bar and Spells

The Action bar only requires one thing on it. This is momentum. Momentum is the best way to kill these guys especially since we will be using the wand and the book to cast blood barrage. You can use abilities but the xp will be lower.

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa14

The spell you will be using is Blood Barrage. You will be setting this spell to Auto-Cast on both the ahrims wand and ahrims book of magic.
5. Location

The Abyss Walkers you will be killing are located in the Abyss. To get to the Abyss you have to talk to the mage here:

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa15

After going to where I placed a marker you will see a mage right click and then click on teleport:

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa16

6. Method

After being teleported by the mage you will be in the abyss. After being teleported into the abyss you want to run to this location:
EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa18
Just in case it is not very clear where to go here is another picture with a red circle around the designated area:
EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Abyssa19
After you reach the above location make sure you have auto attack on and momentum now all you have to do is let them hit you. Your auto attack will be fast enough to heal you more then they hurt you. This makes it so that you don't need to use those prayer pots/rock tails. These were just back up items just in case you go to the wrong spot or forget to auto attack. The abyssal Walkers will be aggressive on you for the next 10-15 minutes. It is extremely easy to AFK these Abyss Walkers because they are aggressive plus you will just keep healing the amount of damage that they will do. If you took the charming imp then it will pick up all the charms that they give. Typically after 1 hour or so i get around 40-50 green charms and about 10 of all the others. When you are done with your trip either get to the inner layer of the abyss where you can safely home teleport or you can use your teleport tablet to teleport out.

7. Credits

Pictures and statistics of charms taken from Runescape Wiki.
Special thanks to Dag for letting me use his guide layout Very Happy
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide! Empty Re: EOC Abyss Blood Barraging Guide!

Post by K ratos 20/7/2013, 3:49 pm

Nice guide, I'll probably go try this out Smile +rep

Is chinning here still worth it?
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gunmage8 20/7/2013, 8:40 pm

I have actually not tried chinning here before and i have not seen people chin here. However i have seen someone use a cannon while attacking them with melee i believe he was using a sgs.
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 20/7/2013, 9:34 pm

gunmage8 wrote:I have actually not tried chinning here before and i have not seen people chin here. However i have seen someone use a cannon while attacking them with melee i believe he was using a sgs.

Okay, thanks! Smile
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 22/7/2013, 2:37 pm

Nice guide. +rep.

My suggestion though would be to add costs per hour to it. Something many people look for.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 13/11/2013, 4:34 pm

I have personally used this method to increase 10 levels of both mage and defense. For someone looking to level extremely quickly without the fear of losing a small cash stack, it is extremely effective. This method continues to be extremely effective and I constantly see people use it while I make the occasional abyss run.

Overall a very well designed guide that was easy to read and follow. + rep
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 13/11/2013, 10:16 pm

Pretty in-depth guide! very easy to read and understand how to do everything. That coming from someone whose never chinned or barraged in order to train!

Love the guide overall, very well put together.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by XxSinzxX 4/12/2013, 9:47 am

Hey i was wondering why you say to put blood barrage on both weapons? does it make it cast faster or hit twice in one cast? and how good would it be to chin here with cannon? anyone know the xp/hr for this for range and mage? and yes a cost/hr would be a nice add!
XxSinzxX
XxSinzxX
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer man25 30/1/2014, 3:03 am

Inb4gravedig
mypet tr0ll wrote:Unlocked, guides are never to be locked, regardless of how old they are, as long as they still work, they stay.
This is just here so no mods (dag) lock it.
To answer a few questions, yes, chinning here is still effective. I did it for around 200k xp an hour.
Cost per hour depends on what weapon and what spell you use. I personally go with a fire staff, so my cost of fire runes is 0, but it costs me all my death runes, or I got with a staff of light, which saves me 1/8 of my cost per hour. Or you can use the main hand off hand version Gunmage does, with the full costs of runes. But it shouldn't cost too much per hour, as the runes for 2.6m xp for me cost ~20m, and I'm using his method, and that will last me around 10 hours or so. Then you have to assume cost of gear, etc, so costs range from 1m-2.5m or so I would believe.
And as for using main and off hand, I believe it will increase your speed by about 1.5x times, and taken strait from the wikia, Dual wielding and two-handed weapons both provide 150% the damage of a sole main-hand weapon.
hammer man25
hammer man25
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 30/1/2014, 3:43 am

Instead of blood barrage on both, you can do blood barrage on your main and the earth barrage for your off-hand, you should heal enough to keep going, and will hit higher as they are weak to earth.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 3/2/2014, 9:33 am

This is a good guide, I'll list a few pros/cons

Pros:
- Has many helpful pictures
- Gear guide isn't too costly or extreme
- Simple and easy to understand

Cons:
- Does not list cost per hour, or casts/runes used per hour

Also, is this training method still viable after half a year?
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer man25 3/2/2014, 10:24 am

chocolatnave wrote:This is a good guide, I'll list a few pros/cons

Pros:
- Has many helpful pictures
- Gear guide isn't too costly or extreme
- Simple and easy to understand

Cons:
- Does not list cost per hour, or casts/runes used per hour

Also, is this training method still viable after half a year?

I'm going to look at updating this guide soon, I dfo have all that info written down, and it is stilll a viable method.
hammer man25
hammer man25

Back to top Go down

Post by inezzy 25/4/2014, 10:01 pm

This method is really really good, it is very similar to rock barraging dagganoths on waterbirth island. Unless this has been nerfed this was insane for crimson charms and mage exp. i did ~6k crimsons for 99 summon in 3 days. That was without the Charming Imp, which id guess makes it even more afk.
inezzy
inezzy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down