Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishingman71's Rare Finding Guide

+6
tavares11
gypol
Herblore
Erodish
ijui
fishingman71
10 posters

Go down

Fishingman71's Rare Finding Guide Empty Fishingman71's Rare Finding Guide

Post by fishingman71 21/7/2013, 12:33 am

Fishingman71's Rare Finding Guide

NOTE: THERE IS AN EASTER EGG SPAWN EAST OF THE TOWER OF LIFE. YOU CAN ALWAYS GET ONE THERE. THIS GUIDE MAY BECOME OBSOLETE, BECAUSE JAGEX IS NOW BASICALLY GIVING A RARE TO EVERYBODY. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WILL BE THE SAME WITH OTHER TRADEABLE RARES, BUT I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

As we all know, rares have been spawning lately in runescape 2007. This opens up a great way to make some serious cash, especially right as they come out. Partyhats were sold upwards of 10m the first hour they were out. The best part is that it requires 0 skill, so as long as you follow my guide, you can be on your way to riches king

When party hats were released, I hunted for about 3 days, maybe 4-5 hours a day, and found over 14 party hats, not including how many my friends found. You CAN find them, it just takes patience, and a little knowledge

The Spot
This is the most important part in being successful when hunting rares. One thing that is important to understand when hunting rares, is that there are an unbelievable amount of bots looking for them. The thing about these bots though, is that they are usually low leveld characters, so they cant get to the good spots. Also, they have a limited range of view, so they often miss rares that are on the ground, but not in their range.

Spots to avoid
-All spots in falador
       -This is a HUGE botting spot, dont even try, it wont happen
-All spots in varrock
       -Same as falador, way too many people there
-Spots with too many possible spawn places
       -If a spot is in a huge area, and you might have to walk all around it to possibly find one, dont waste your time. It will waste alot of time when you are hopping 100's of world, if it takes  2 mins to search each world. It shouldnt take more than 30 seconds to search a world

Spots to look for
When trying to find a spot to start looking in, make sure that there is a limited area where it can spawn. Like I said earlier, you shouldnt spend more than 30 seconds looking for the rare. Your spot should also have atleast 1 quest/skill requirement. An example of a good spot would be the Skullball arena. I bet you've never heard of that, right? Exactly, almost nobody goes there, its a forgotten minigame. The partyhats spawned in the first little pod, so I knew where to look. It took about 20 seconds too look there, then I was gone, on to a new world. This spot, is where I found 14 partyhats. The quest requirement was "Creature of Frankenstrain" , a semi hard quest. The reason this spot was so good, was that it was impossible for a bot to use it, because everytime you logged out, it returned you to the start of the arena, so you had to walk to the area where that phats spawned. The bots cant do it, so viola, perfect spot. so in conclusion:

-Make sure bots cannot look there
-Make it have a  slight requirement
-Make sure it dosnt take too long to look in the spot

Mr Cr0ws post of all spots, he updates all the time, this is a great way to find spots. Try to pick obscure spots.
http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,59,65016317

Method of looking
Ok, so you've found your spot, now what? Well as most people know, but I must include into the guide, the way to look for your rares is world hopping. Simply stand in the general area where the rares spawn, and hop worlds over and over and over. Make sure to scan the spot good though, because not knowing if you maybe missed a rare is one of the worst feelings ever. Also, I normally just start on world 303, and go down the list. rares can be on any worlds, this is the simply the best way of making sure that you dont double hop onto  a world. NOTE: If you see somebody in the place when you hop a world, I generally skip about 5-10 worlds, just so I stay ahead of them, and they dont steal any of my rares (:

Inclue your friends!
If you have friends, then have them help you! have your friend hop all the odd worlds, and you hop all the evens, or vice versa. This makes it so that you beat anyone else trying to hop in your spot, and you both get rares! If you want, you can have it so that reguardless of who finds the rare, you share them, so its completely fair (: If you have multiple friends, have each person grab a line of worlds.

SELL YOUR RARES
Please, as soon as your get your rares, sell them. They will only go down in price, trust me. Even if you want to keep them, just because you like them, just sell them, and then buy another when they go down.  RARES WILL ONLY BE RARE FOR A SHORT TIME!!! Jagex said that the only reason they are called "rares" is because thats what we reffered to them as. They are not actually "rare". They will always be coming into the game, so just make some money! I made a little over 15m with my rares, and I made the mistake of holding them, I could ave easily made about 18m if I instantly sold them (:

The Rare spawn Theory
The way that these spawn, is that on every world, there is a rare on the ground at ALL times. When one is picked up, it spawns again in that same world, instantly. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO HUNT RARES WITH RARE HUNTING CLANS!!! In theory, their idea of force spawning works, bt really, it just dosnt. Dont sit in a spot on world 345, or hop with clans, it simply dosnt work, I promise Razz

If there is anything else you would like me to add to the guide, or you have questions, post your question, and I will answer it for you (: +rep if this guide helped you!!!

Last edited by fishingman71 on 22/7/2013, 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
fishingman71
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Fishingman71's Rare Finding Guide Empty Re: Fishingman71's Rare Finding Guide

Post by ijui 21/7/2013, 5:37 am

good guide , will start hunting =)

ijui
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Erodish 21/7/2013, 2:48 pm

Thank you Smile
Erodish
Erodish
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herblore 22/7/2013, 5:34 am

Good guide all though i was alrdy semi familar with this Very Happy
Herblore
Herblore
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gypol 23/7/2013, 1:08 pm

Thanks

gypol
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by tavares11 28/7/2013, 7:08 am

Thanks, now I just have to get there lol
tavares11
tavares11
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Better Money 28/7/2013, 8:02 pm

Meh i am not really a fan of this guide some pretty obvious info anybody would know.
Better Money
Better Money
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 28/7/2013, 8:16 pm

Nice guide Fish Smile
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 3XG 18/8/2013, 12:00 am

Looks Like you put a lot of time into this!

3XG
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 25/8/2013, 6:13 pm

Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down