Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok im ready for all the advice I can get

+5
Bursts
die mirin
AgentPerry
gunmage8
zzsnuzz
9 posters

Go down

Ok im ready for all the advice I can get Empty Ok im ready for all the advice I can get

Post by zzsnuzz 9/8/2013, 2:50 am

Ok im ready for all the advice I can get <a href=Ok im ready for all the advice I can get My_int10" />So bassically I have been playing runescape for 8 years, but something thats accured to me iss im still very behind in my own opinion. I wanted to be doin more by now and I relised Im just not at the level I should be, I have not skilled in anything yet and im struggling to figure out what I need to do to get to where I need to be as a vetenarian player. I dont have a lot of playing days left and I want to finish all my quest and skill in as many skills if all of them if I can in a year. Is it possible? what needs to be done, I am reaching out for help And from the help Ive gotten on here I trust someone can get me on the right track.
zzsnuzz
zzsnuzz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ok im ready for all the advice I can get Empty Re: Ok im ready for all the advice I can get

Post by gunmage8 9/8/2013, 5:51 pm

Well first of all the first picture which i assume is the quest list is not loading correctly. Secondly as you say you wish to finish all quests and skills in a year. This can be done but you will need to know that some of the skills will cost a lot of money depending on the way you train them. So it would help if you told us how much money you have. A couple suggestions I have is merchanting to make some money. You can use this money to train buyable skills. There are many guides on the forums which can be found here http://www.smokinelite.com/f17-skill-guides. If you do not like a skill or don't want to train something you can always look at this part of the forums: http://www.smokinelite.com/f86-services-guides. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or query me on irc. Good luck with completing all quests and skills.
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ok im ready for all the advice I can get Empty Re: Ok im ready for all the advice I can get

Post by AgentPerry 9/8/2013, 6:42 pm

A good first milestone, in my opinion, Is getting the quest cape. It will get you lots of levels as you'll need them for requirements + will give you some bonus xp as a reward, from then on I'd do the bank skills @ the ge while flipping, I got 99 crafting like that with green d'hides and loads of profit :PThen i'd do the slow skills while investing your money and by then you should have enough money to do the last buyables Razz

There are also loads of different daily tasks you can do for money, I don't have a list of those but i'm sure you can easily google those Smile

If you're also getting bored fast while skilling I would put up a timer while playing RS @ 1 hour and 15 mins, this is when you can do a herb run and you can really look forward to that while skilling, it will help you get less bored and will keep you going Smile

Making your progress log on these forums or the RSOF will help a lot too as loads of people tend to post stuff as 'support' on those threads and it will give you a feeling not to let them down and actually achieve the goals you have set Smile

Lastly I want to wish you the best of luck and if you have questions, just send me a Pm <3
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by die mirin 10/8/2013, 1:30 pm

Focus on strength for starters if you want to train attack and defence, you'll need a higher strength level. Do you have a lot of money, if not I honestly think the best way to make bank is using flip chats such as Pc 101, nex and ss, 90 weaps pc and r quark. If you dont have money also pvm for money. For magic I personally find alching as helpful. I think you should have a more reasonable goal of all skills at 75 or something just for starters.

die mirin
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bursts 13/8/2013, 10:13 pm

I think AgentPerry definitely has the right idea. When I first really started raising my skills, I did what most do and just grinded combat with slayer. Eventually this gets boring especially if you're not in the higher levels.

AgentPerry's strategy allows you to continue making money, which if properly accumulated could allow you to BREEZE through several skills all the way to 99, while still leaving time for you to skill effectively. I commend Perry on his well thought out plan!

However, since I'm not a questing type of person, I would just stick to slayer for combat, while investing and doing some relatively long term flips. A year can go by quickly, but as long as you set your mind to your goals and remember your objectives, anything is possible.

Good luck!
Bursts
Bursts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by zzsnuzz 20/10/2013, 6:19 pm

I have completed all the beginner and almost all the intermidiate quests! I am on a role been doing very well. Thank you all for your posts and encouragement. its nice to see them!
zzsnuzz
zzsnuzz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 21/10/2013, 5:48 am

If you've got some cash lying around, firemaking, cooking, herblore, crafting, smithing and fletching can be taken care of pretty quickly. Especially firemaking and cooking, probably the two fastest skills in the game. Daily tasks are also amazing sources for some good xp in a really short amount of time. Also don't forget to do tears of guthix every day, along with doing the circus every week.

Not sure what other bonus xp things are available seeing as how I've just rejoined within the past month.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nytrisify 22/10/2013, 1:39 am

Oh my gosh. Train Dungeoneering 'cause it's like an awesome skill to train.
~
Mhmm, yeah Dungeoneering. And then you can be a gravite pker f2p. Yep

Nytrisify
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 24/10/2013, 9:42 am

Keep going with raising your lowest levels and getting all quests and task sets done Smile If you want to you can set up a goals and achievements thread and update it regularly as you progress.
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 24/10/2013, 10:34 am

It can be done. I went from about 750 total no quests to 2450 total and all quests and most trim reqs in a year. Do a quest as soon as you have the levels for it, spend lamps on the slow skills and plan the quests so that the XP you get from one helps you get the level reqs for the next.

Other than that I would recommend slayer as the best way to up some levels. Dung is also very good. If you complete strange rocks once a week that will train a little bit in all the non-combat skills.
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down