Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bhim's Flipping Log

3 posters

Go down

bhim's Flipping Log Empty bhim's Flipping Log

Post by bhim 11/8/2013, 8:05 pm

Hey all, I'm new to SM and flipping in general, but this will be my Flipping Log! I first tried flipping about 5-6 weeks ago and enjoyed it. I started with a 5m cash pile and now have over 150M just from flipping since then. Though I have made quite a bit of money, I do feel like my knowledge of flipping and investing is very very weak, and so I've joined SM to learn more. I lost a large sum of money flipping Dragon Hatchets when they crashed hard (at least 5M), and so I decided to sign up for the mentor/mentee program a couple days ago and get serious. Hopefully I'll learn a ton and can post some huge profits here!

I stumbled upon someone's Merchz Flip Log, and I liked the layout of it, so I started one as well. I'll try to update both that and this log at the same time, but it is more likely that I'll update that one more frequently as I'd like to post comments and thoughts here as well. In any case, I'll leave the link to that log here: http://merchz.com/merchantlogs/bhim/

I can't say how much exactly I'm starting this log with as most of my money is in the GE right now, but let's say around 140-150M.

Starting Wealth: ~150M
Present Wealth: 193M
Earnings to Date: 12.1M

1. Dragon Platebodies - 1,089,558 (1.87%)
I found a neat little list that shows items and how quickly they flip, and have been using that for most of my time flipping, using mostly the "Fast" and "Very Fast" items. Recently I wanted to try out some higher wealth "Medium" items to see if I could make a little more, so I started working with Barrows Sets and Mages' Books. I decided to try the Dragon Platebody because it looks cool (lol) and found a great margin, and it paid off!
Spoiler:

2. Green Dragon Leather - 1,053,172 (2.93%)
Another "Medium" flip that I found a good margin on. This one flipped fairly quickly and gave me confidence in the item (a bit of false confidence, as I could have potentially screwed up my second flip with this item if I wasn't so lucky).
Spoiler:

3. Ganodermic Ponchos - 264,105 (1.53%)
One of the "Fast" items that I flip a lot. I don't usually ever post profits of above 600 or 700k, and this one almost wasn't worth it, but I had nothing better to work with so I gave it a shot. Small profits like this I figure are better than 20m just sitting in my money pouch.
Spoiler:

4. Mages' Books - 391,320 (1.68%)
I didn't like the margin at first and figured I could maybe get a bigger one by the time the buy cleared, but I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to predicting higher sell-points like that. Hopefully that's something I can learn during my time here. Eventually I just brought it back down to the original margin and undercut a bit.
Spoiler:

5. Cannonballs - 280,229 (8.22%)
Was on my way out the door and figured I could get a few quick flips in during the 30 minutes I had before leaving. Unfortunately, none of the buys cleared before I had to go. Fortunately though, when I got back on the next morning, the margins were much better on these (initial expectation was 120k profit).
Spoiler:

6. Frost Dragon Bones - 650,826 (7.12%)
Margin expanded significantly on these as well, but as a result, I wasn't able to cop the full limit. Oh well, still made good money!
Spoiler:

7. Dragon Bones - 772,915 (2.87%)
I used to do these when I first got 20m and would buy half the limit for ~3k a bone. Should have saved them and dumped now at 4k, but I tried out a method someone on here posted whereby you pc every few minutes and find the best buy and sell points, and it resulted in this great 115 gp margin. This was the other item that I tried to quick flip with the cannonballs and frosties, but despite the margin not increasing at all when I came back the next morning, I still wasn't able to get the full limit. Oh well, still made a good chunk of change when the flip finished.
Spoiler:

8. Ganodermic Ponchos - 460,872 (2.63%)
Another poncho flip, mostly because I didn't really know what items to flip, and when in doubt, I flip ponchos, berserker rings, and dragon hatchets (although both of these have been crashing lately so it's just been ponchos). Better profit on this one though!
Spoiler:

9. Dragon Platebodies - 445,995 (0.75%)
After the success I had with the first flip, I thought I'd give these another shot. I made a good 400k, but in the time it took perhaps I could have posted better profit on the 60M I put in than just 0.75%
Spoiler:

10. Ahrim's Sets - 824,453 (3.26%)
The first 8 bought fairly quickly and then stalled a bit. I figured the price had gone up so I decided to price check the last one and just take the profit from the first 8. Turns out the margin had become ridiculously high, and I thought I could make crazy money. Unfortunately, I think I just picked up a single that was selling really high and I had to take a 100k loss on it, selling the rest off for 2.9M instead of the 3M that I bought the 9th for. Need to figure out how to avoid this in the future.
Spoiler:

11. Armadyl Godswords - 1,022,224 (2.24%)
Another new item I decided to try out, and the margin was fantastic! Bought 8 fairly quickly and then the offer stalled for about 40 minutes. I just decided to pull them out and sell, and it paid off brilliantly.
Spoiler:

12. Karil's Sets - 1,385,001 (5.41%)
I honestly don't know how I got such a great margin here. I think I just got pretty lucky with it and made the flip quickly. Kind of surprising that for my biggest profit I remember so little about it. I think it's because I flipped these alongside the Armadyl Godswords and I was really excited about a new item paying off (I've flipped these a couple times before, but I was really unsure about the swords).
Spoiler:

13. Guthan's Sets - 672,732 (2.96%)
Initially the margin was about 20k per set, so I set a low buy price and honestly didn't expect it to fill. When it did, I was pleasantly surprised, but couldn't really check to see what the margin was. I figured that since the buy price fell so significanly (50k lower) the sell price probably fell too, so I just put it in at the original sell price that I initially price checked it at, and fortunately it all worked out.
Spoiler:

14. Green Dragon Leather - 1,307,140 (3.53%)
These next two gave me a bit of hell. Since I had done so well with leather before, I decided to try this again at 2 AM. I didn't realize that my buy price here was even higher than my sell price on my other flip, and though the leather bought quickly, it took some time to sell. Only 665 sold by the time I went to bed, and by the next morning, the sell price was 200gp lower than my buy price. Fortunately, after a bit of waiting, everything sold and I posted a neat little profit, despite it turning into a bit of an inactive flip.
Spoiler:

15. Blue Dragon Leather - 1,510,442 (1.27%)
The rest of my bank went into buying these. I thought I had found a great margin and so I put two limits in to buy at 4081gp overnight. Unfortunately this was my first time using the item and I didn't know its fluctuations, so though everything bought by morning, nothing was looking to sell. I didn't want to panic sell these because I knew I would be away from my computer for some 30-odd hours this weekend, so I figured I'd leave this in at a lowered price along with the green leather and hope everything sold off by the time I got back before taking the loss. Fortunately, everything cleared and I got a good chunk of change, but it definitely wasn't worth leaving my entire bank in the Grand Exchange over.
Spoiler:

Last edited by bhim on 11/8/2013, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

bhim
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

bhim's Flipping Log Empty Re: bhim's Flipping Log

Post by bhim 11/8/2013, 8:06 pm

Reserved just in case

bhim
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by bhim 11/8/2013, 8:06 pm

Also reserved, hope you guys enjoy, and all tips are welcome (encouraged!)

bhim
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by bhim 11/8/2013, 8:07 pm

Final reservation; the disparity between the total profit and the difference between my present and starting banks is attributed to the fact that a couple sales finally cleared this weekend (month old avantoe and zamorak godswords from a few weeks ago), so I got the money from that as well.

bhim
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 11/8/2013, 8:36 pm

I think this is a great log and it looks really nice (blue text with the new forums, I see what you did there Razz)

The only suggestion I have is putting a blank line between the item and profit and the 'explanation'.

So this:

I found a neat little list that shows items and how quickly they flip, and have been using that for most of my time flipping, using mostly the "Fast" and "Very Fast" items. Recently I wanted to try out some higher wealth "Medium" items to see if I could make a little more, so I started working with Barrows Sets and Mages' Books. I decided to try the Dragon Platebody because it looks cool (lol) and found a great margin, and it paid off!

would look like this:

Keep it up!
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by j3thr0 13/8/2013, 4:57 am

could you teach me how u find your items?

j3thr0
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down