Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What money can buy in RS?

+5
Jack0
lulu2199
[ADMIN] Billious
feedpenguins
Cyborg360
9 posters

Go down

What money can buy in RS? Empty What money can buy in RS?

Post by lulu2199 22/10/2013, 2:40 am

Hello guys,

Just wondering to what extend being rich is important to dominate in RS. Right now I am a full time merchant. If one day, I want to play the game, is there a field (leveling a certain level for example) where having a lot of money matters?

This seems to be a big part of most MMORPGs. However, I don't feel the way with RS.

Supposed that my money is infinite.

Thanks!

Lulu2199
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

What money can buy in RS? Empty Re: What money can buy in RS?

Post by Cyborg360 22/10/2013, 4:51 am

I think herblore is important cause of the overload and prayer for soul split. So yea in some skill you might need to be rich to dominate (have advantage pvping or pvming).
Cyborg360
Cyborg360
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 22/10/2013, 7:16 am

i think skill levels matter more. a few skills require a lot of money so a lot of money is highly important to reach the high levels
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 22/10/2013, 9:32 am

In general gp can buy you fast levels in many skills which is where most gp go. Prayer, construction, summoning, herblore, smithing, crafting and farming for example are all hard to level without throwing large amounts of cash at them. You CAN source the things you need, but this increases the time to max levels 10 fold.

Then you have the high level weapons and armours. Most aren't that bad like 2 drygores for about 150m, but if you were after torva armour that's like 400m and the best mage weapons, offhand and main hand, cost about 3b. So a lot of money can be sunk into the best items.

Of course you can source your own items for skills and you can use budget gear, but most peoples goals are to get the best of the best and have all the levels.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu2199 22/10/2013, 1:57 pm

Ok, maybe I have mistaken the speed of training certain levels all the way, but isn't training these levels directly buying loads of certain ressources and just spam click? Well, that has been the way I always trained my skills... Lol, maybe I am already using the fastest method, since I never get the source myself.
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/10/2013, 5:56 pm

1)Max all buyable skills (herblore, smithing, cooking, firemaking, fletching, prayer, construction, crafting, farming, magic (with ancients), range (with expensive bolts/arrows), constitution and dungeoneering (leeching) (max lvl 120).  If you don't know how, check The RuneScape Wiki
2)Buy the best equipment in the game (seismic, tectonic, drygores, ascension cbows, etc).  Also buy loads of supplies like food, overloads (you can't buy overloads but you can make them), etc.
3)start buying cosmetic items, start with the cheaper treasure trail items and continue to the more expensive ones.  Don't buy third-age yet, leave it for later.
4)Start buying bonds, use them to get runecoins in order to get every single item from solomon general store.  I believe you will need roughly something over 2b for that.
5)Buy all lower rares at least one time (and the edibles).
6)Now buy every third-age set except of the druidic.
7)Now buy a phat set and a Christmas cracker.
8)And now buy a third age druidic set, I heard that the whole set costs roughly 13b.
9)And finally its time for a collection, find a very expensive item and start buying loads of it (ie. buy 500 or 1k santa hats)
*10)After you completed all that, its time to celebrate it! Go put all your bank in the chest of party room in w2 and start over from step one.

*or you can just continue to buy more collections or add more items to the one you have.

Edit: Corrected third-age druidic set price, thanks Phileep. Smile 

Last edited by unagileguth on 30/10/2013, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting third-age druidic set price)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack0 24/10/2013, 6:48 am

unagileguth wrote:1)Max all buyable skills (herblore, smithing, cooking, firemaking, fletching, prayer, construction, crafting, farming, magic (with ancients), range (with expensive bolts/arrows), constitution and dungeoneering (leeching) (max lvl 120).  If you don't know how, check The RuneScape Wiki
2)Buy the best equipment in the game (seismic, tectonic, drygores, ascension cbows, etc).  Also buy loads of supplies like food, overloads (you can't buy overloads but you can make them), etc.
3)start buying cosmetic items, start with the cheaper treasure trail items and continue to the more expensive ones.  Don't buy third-age yet, leave it for later.
4)Start buying bonds, use them to get runecoins in order to get every single item from solomon general store.  I believe you will need roughly something over 2b for that.
8)And now buy a third age druidic set, I heard the bottom costs roughly 13b and the top 12b.
9)And finally its time for a collection, find a very expensive item and start buying loads of it (ie. buy 500 or 1k santa hats)
*10)After you completed all that, its time to celebrate it! Go put all your bank in the chest of party room in w2 and start over from step one.

*or you can just continue to buy more collections or add more items to the one you have.
After 11 years with runescape.. have I never completed this list.. A few of the thing on the list have I completed. but again not total.. And never seen 3-age druidic set ingame lol..

But yeah, its pretty much summ up what Rs is all about, gold wise.

Peoples demand after more or better is the drive in Runescape..
You can already see what gold makes you in f2p.. people in like full rune calling other people for noobs, until a more richer guy comes around. then the table is changed.
Jack0
Jack0
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kbkasey 26/10/2013, 1:53 pm

Jack0 wrote:
unagileguth wrote:1)Max all buyable skills (herblore, smithing, cooking, firemaking, fletching, prayer, construction, crafting, farming, magic (with ancients), range (with expensive bolts/arrows), constitution and dungeoneering (leeching) (max lvl 120).  If you don't know how, check The RuneScape Wiki
8)And now buy a third age druidic set, I heard the bottom costs roughly 13b and the top 12b.

After 11 years with runescape.. have I never completed this list.. A few of the thing on the list have I completed. but again not total.. And never seen 3-age druidic set ingame lol..

But yeah, its pretty much summ up what Rs is all about, gold wise.

Peoples demand after more or better is the drive in Runescape..
You can already see what gold makes you in f2p.. people in like full rune calling other people for noobs, until a more richer guy comes around. then the table is changed.
I remember when I became P2P because I didn't have money for membership a while ago, I bought my trimmed sets and went to clan wars... (When it was actually good/popular). That gave me a RuneScape Ego boost.
Money = Speed in which it can be completed
Also, I would say dung is a good skill to spend money on - Buy floors.
120 in no time with a good leech fc. There are a lot of rewards from dung that can also help with things like summoning, you can go burst lobs with the charm imp or w/e its called.

kbkasey
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 29/10/2013, 1:46 pm

Get 200M construction xp in a day.

Marble fireplaces to 200M xp would be like 200B though lol but you did say infinite irl cash so >.>

Also get 200M Slayer in about 2 months through SOF spinning, you get 1-1.5M xp per 450 spins @ lvl 99 usually, and cap is 900 a day so 2-3M xp a day.

Also you could lit buy out 10,000 Bonds for 60K and sell for 60B@6m/Bond and never have to worry about banhammer for RWT.

Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 29/10/2013, 6:58 pm

Your third-age druidic set value is way off, it's roughly 13b for the set if you buy at fair [current] prices. The top costs roughly 1/3 of what you estimated.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lgnorancee 2/11/2013, 10:06 pm

Rrezz wrote:Get 200M construction xp in a day.

Marble fireplaces to 200M xp would be like 200B though lol but you did say infinite irl cash so >.>

Also get 200M Slayer in about 2 months through SOF spinning, you get 1-1.5M xp per 450 spins @ lvl 99 usually, and cap is 900 a day so 2-3M xp a day.

Also you could lit buy out 10,000 Bonds for 60K and sell for 60B@6m/Bond and never have to worry about banhammer for RWT.

Wow, fuck me, crazy stats lol.

lgnorancee
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down