Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Item price changes regarding well of goodwill

3 posters

Go down

Item price changes regarding well of goodwill  Empty Item price changes regarding well of goodwill

Post by amrit77 1/11/2013, 1:05 am

Item price changes regarding well of goodwill, because so much money is removed from the game which items are going to go up ?

amrit77
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Item price changes regarding well of goodwill  Empty Re: Item price changes regarding well of goodwill

Post by Phileep 1/11/2013, 2:42 am

In reality, not much money is removed from the game. The reason is as follows:
- 120b in gp/items has been donated... however 50 members have donated over 1b, and the top 5 are at 4013, 3814, 3619, 2505. Thus, essentially, one half of all the money donated was donated by people in sums of more than 1b. Because the well takes items at their face "Ge value" when players donate massive amount of money they will want to donate items whose ge value is very high above their actual value. The result is tectonic armors. By donating tectonic armors instead of the gp used to make it, a player can save between 2/3 and 3/4 of their money. Thus a 1b donation is only 250m in actual value, and that money is not dumped into the well but instead the money is dumped in the economy and the only thing lost to the well is an overvalued, degradable armor piece. My point, of that 120b, surely less than 50% of it was actually cash making the well a more effective item sink than actual coin sink.

In response to your question, "which items are going to go up" I would say "Items whose ge value is above their actual value, and are easy to obtain in high volume, or have a very high value." The best example of this is tectonic. The proof is in the tectonic energy's price, it went from ~500k to ~1200k now.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Item price changes regarding well of goodwill  Empty Re: Item price changes regarding well of goodwill

Post by lil_me 5/11/2013, 7:36 pm

another item that might be abused is divine sigil, buying for ~60m but listed on ge as 170m.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down