Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you Discover Runescape?

+16
Tuff Tiga
GsKiki
Music
Rrezz
Heartstop123
Blood
Bruno
KushBush
WisdomStar
Cille
Leakee
Gummy
Julij2
BamZam
Adri
RedRaven
20 posters

Go down

How did you Discover Runescape? Empty How did you Discover Runescape?

Post by RedRaven 4/12/2013, 8:00 am

I been wondering and i bet others have often to, how did you discover Runescape? There are so many possible ways one could discover Runescape, weather it be from an advertisement, family member or friend. After you first started playing what feature attracted you to continue to playing?

I first found out about Runescape from my sister, she first introduced me to the game one day after school in 2001. Amazed then by the graphics i wanted to learn more about the game, then she helped me create an account and we both got hooked into the game, even created a guild not to long after started playing as we both loved to pk. Looking back i facepalm about the graphics as the game has come a long way, these days i play now for my guild and the friends ive made over the years..both new and old, i also enjoy following the Runescape lores and reading about them despite not being active on EoC.

What about you, how did you find out about Runescape?
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

How did you Discover Runescape? Empty Re: How did you Discover Runescape?

Post by Adri 4/12/2013, 10:30 am

I was still in elementry and lots of people played it back than.. So I started myself too! Good old days
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 4/12/2013, 12:05 pm

I saw my brother's friend play it, when I came closer to the screen, and like you said, I was amazed at the graphics and how fun it must be to play and roam around. I remembered when I first started playing with my own account, how precious my Bronze armor was *_*, never really advanced to Rune armor until like a couple of months later. D:
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 4/12/2013, 12:12 pm

Miniclip.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 4/12/2013, 1:01 pm

I can't remember what initially led me to Runescape. It wasn't that someone told me about it, but I don't believe that it was an advertisement either. It was just sort of something I came upon one day and figured I would give it a go. As for what attracted me to it, it was simply the game itself. It was unlike any game I had played before due in part to really not having played any other online games before. Console games yes, board games sure, and my pc game of the time was the original DOOM. This however was an online game with many players from around the world with quests and the KBD (only boss at the time), skills to train, player-killing and staking. It just had a lot more to offer than any game before it for me.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 4/12/2013, 2:48 pm

My cousin's friend told him about it, who in turn brought me there. Me & his friend played long after him; and I am the only one out of the 3 of us that still plays. Guess it was pretty much 'Word of Mouth' so to speak.
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 4/12/2013, 3:20 pm

My neighbour showed me back in 2005. Idk what got me hooked tbh coz my English sucked back then and I didn't understand a word :p (No shit it took me a week to finish the tutorial)

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 4/12/2013, 3:43 pm

I found out that runescape existed in 2006. I was in elementary school and a lot of people played RS so I starting this big adventure Very Happy
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KushBush 4/12/2013, 4:52 pm

I found out about Runescape in 5th grade, back in 2006. I had just moved to Florida and didn't have any friends at all. One day, I overheard these kids talking about a game and so I started listening in and it interested me. So I went home and tried to sign up but I couldn't figure out how to sign up. This made me rather dissapointed so the next day I went to school and tried joining in on the conversation they were having and I was telling them how I play and that I knew a bunch of cheats (not knowing at the time that there were none). This caused for a lot of strange looks and they all told me that there was no such thing, etc. From that point it's pretty vague, but I recall moving seats on the bus to avoid those kids. A couple weeks went by and I tried again to sign up for RS and this time I figured it out. Turns out I was not clicking accept on the terms and conditions. At first I didn't really care for it so I played for a few minutes and didn't log back in for weeks if not months. One day, out of boredome, I tried again and this time around I just loved the game. I went back to school and told these two kids that I had made friendship with about it and I begged them to play and finally they signed up. And that's what started it all, sadly they don't play anymore, and I'm the only one.

Hope you enjoyed the long read, but I do love telling that story.

KushBush
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/12/2013, 6:54 pm

Julij2 wrote:Miniclip.
Never met another irl person that plays RuneScape too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno 5/12/2013, 12:42 am

I used to play Club Penguin on miniclip and than I saw an ad on the website about RS and clicked on it and I'm still playing RS. Addicted...

Bruno
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 5/12/2013, 8:34 am

Very interesting responses so far, in my school/high school before i graduated Runescape and "non educational" stuff got blocked by the school district. It seems quite a few found out about Runescape by word of mouth in a way or miniclip. Razz I can relate to the Bronze Armor to, i felt really rich when i first started until the jail gourds killed me then i got sad. Sadly my sister doesnt play anymore, i am the only one left it seems from the era when i started friend wise:(
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 5/12/2013, 10:51 am

Gummy wrote:I can't remember what initially led me to Runescape. It wasn't that someone told me about it, but I don't believe that it was an advertisement either. It was just sort of something I came upon one day and figured I would give it a go. As for what attracted me to it, it was simply the game itself. It was unlike any game I had played before due in part to really not having played any other online games before. Console games yes, board games sure, and my pc game of the time was the original DOOM. This however was an online game with many players from around the world with quests and the KBD (only boss at the time), skills to train, player-killing and staking. It just had a lot more to offer than any game before it for me.
^ through him. I found him playing a game that I had not seen before and watched him play for a bit. He wasn't really 'playing' the game though as he was just collecting runes to open a runes store and I walked away completely unimpressed. I would later look into it on my own and fell in love with the game (this was back in late 2002 on what is now Runescape Classic).
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 5/12/2013, 12:47 pm

My locker partner in middle school played RS and so I started playing lmao we had a whole group of RS kids and I still hangout with most of them even though I am the only one who still plays.
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 5/12/2013, 2:09 pm

My friend was over at my house, and I was playing video games, and he asked if he could use computer, so I said sure.

Next thing I know he's fishing lobsters at Karamja, and I watched him play for a bit, when he was leaving to go home I asked him what game he was playing and he said RuneScape, so I went to Google looked it up went to there site and started to play.

This was back in like 2003.

It was my 2nd MMO that I ever played, the first being Diablo II lol.

Edit: I remember going members for the first time, first thing I did was thief the tea stall in Varrock, then went beyond the gates north of Falador and continued west until I found castle wars and played it till I had the full red and Blue set.

If I could experience any one thing in RuneScape over, it would be the first time I became a member and the amazing feeling to discover new areas, quest lines, and adventures.

Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 5/12/2013, 3:34 pm

Found out about it through my friends, me and Lucky played together in middle school with a couple other friends
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GsKiki 5/12/2013, 7:18 pm

TD7 <3
GsKiki
GsKiki
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 5/12/2013, 7:42 pm

Uhhhh some kid back in grade 4. Stole my account (&#$%, got it back though Very Happy
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 5/12/2013, 9:02 pm

my cousins and my irl friends in 4th/5th grade, they all moved to wow when that blew up as well. i didn't
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 7/12/2013, 11:55 am

I found runescape from watching others play at internet cafes, libraries etc. Although I didn't really actively play it until I found out some of my irl friends were playing rs already.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 7/12/2013, 12:33 pm

Rrezz wrote:

If I could experience any one thing in RuneScape over, it would be the first time I became a member and the amazing feeling to discover new areas, quest lines, and adventures.

This. Except for me, it would be in 2007/2008, in free-to-play, walking around Lumbridge & Varrock killing stuff and just chilling in Varrock's general store.
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobs Burgers 7/12/2013, 4:54 pm

Saw it on miniclip back in the day and thought it would be fun. :p
Bobs Burgers
Bobs Burgers
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 8/12/2013, 9:49 pm

Found out about it because both of my brothers had started playing after my brothers best friend started, whom I have no idea how he discovered it.

This was of course back in 2005... Those were simpler days Crying or Very sad 
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down