Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread)

+10
Kelly
Corowns
Phileep
[ADMIN] Billious
chocolatnave
Gummy
lil_me
Julij2
Daxaal
RedRaven
14 posters

Go down

EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread) Empty EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread)

Post by RedRaven 28/1/2014, 12:11 am

This became a discussion in my clan and i was curious to see what the SM community thought about the poll, For those who may be unaware i have taken a direct quote by Mod Osborn's post on the RSOF.

Why would we want to remove game worlds?
Recently, we've been taking a look at the number of players on our servers. The main thing we've noticed is that most of you are drawn towards populated worlds, and tend to avoid the emptier ones. RuneScape is - first and foremost - a social game, and it's heartening to see that the most important thing for you is to be around lots of your fellow players.

With this in mind, the question is should we remove the quieter worlds? Since you tend to gather together naturally anyway, why not close some of the quieter servers, meaning more people to adventure, trade and talk with, more of the time?

That said, we're well aware that many of you consider certain worlds to be your home and have other reasons for wanting to keep them, even if they're quieter than the others. This is why it has to be your decision, and why we're putting it to a poll.

When and where can I vote on this?
This poll will run from the 10am on the 27th to 10am on the 31st of January. During that time, log into the game, open the Community interface and select the 'Vote Now!' tab to cast your vote.

How will you decide which worlds to remove?
If this goes ahead, we'll be setting some clear guidelines on which worlds may be removed:

A world may be removed if:
• On average, it has fewer than 120 players on it at any one time
• It peaks at fewer than 500 players

Using the above, we've picked out 26 worlds out of the 121 available for potential removal – just under a quarter of the old total. Note that we won't be changing the names of any worlds that remain - they'll stay the same as they always have.

Which worlds will be removed?
If you vote for worlds to be removed, we will remove the following worlds:
• World 6 - Barbarian Assault
• World 9 - Falador Party Room
• World 25 - Mobilising Armies
• World 35 - Fight Pits
• World 36 - RC Running & ZMI Altar
• World 40 - Duel Arena (Friendly)
• World 41 - Roleplaying Server
• World 51 - Vinesweeper
• World 52 - Castle Wars
• World 53 - Pest Control & Conquest
• World 57 - Player Assist/Lend
• World 58 - Blast Furnace
• World 62 - Stealing Creation
• World 70 - Artisan's Workshop
• World 71 - Lava Flow Mine & Penguin Hide and Seek
• World 74 - Clan Wars
• World 76 - Mobilising Armies
• World 86 - Skill Total (1500)
• World 89 - Fish Flingers
• World 91 - Mage Training Arena
• World 97 - Community Fishing Training
• World 104 - Trouble Brewing
• World 116 - Fishing Trawler
• World 117 - Dungeoneering: Levels 80-100
• World 124 - Livid Farm
• World 136 - Falador Party Room (F2P)

EDIT - We are currently reconsidering the removal of World 52.

Personally i am voting no mainly because some of the worlds have quite a few close knit communities on, to many players prefer less populated worlds for slayer and skilling, to i feel it will create more lag if the update happens. I also feel that jagex picked several worlds that are not even inactive, for example world 71 is the home world of a penguin seek community which has been around since 2009., let alone disrupt warbands, i wouldnt mind it personally if it was only a small handful but if the vote passes this leads quite a few worlds that will be gone plus impact minigames. If this does happen i am hoping Jagex will imply a minigame update similar to 07s with finding groups Razz

What are your thoughts on the poll, Do you support a world reduction update, why or why not?
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread) Empty Re: EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread)

Post by Daxaal 28/1/2014, 2:11 am

I support the world reduction update as I feel it will make the overall runescape community closer. Currently with many worlds having few players, it makes it seem like runescape is very quiet and as some have described "dead". I think by reducing the worlds it would make it more compact and lively overall Smile.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread) Empty Re: EOC World Reduction poll (discussion thread)

Post by Julij2 28/1/2014, 2:32 am

More noobs in my world=no support. RS community is dead, there's nothing to revive it.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 28/1/2014, 3:19 am

Runescape 2016, only 1 world
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 28/1/2014, 5:09 am

I would not support. Beyond having home worlds and what not, the emptier worlds serve a purpose too in skills such as Slayer for example when places are crowded on others or even at times when you prefer the peace and quiet. I mean sure you could turn your chats off, but some people I'm sure prefer to skill solo or in smaller groups. Also helps in finding an open bossing world (sure with GWD/Nex and KK you can instance it, but some people don't want to pay just to be able to fight a boss and Jagex should know that based on the amount of free-to-play accounts).
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 28/1/2014, 5:23 am

Considering most worlds have about 100 players each, "less crowding of skilling and slayer locations" doesn't really apply, it would be pretty rare to see someone else at your spot. I voted yes, because unless I'm on w2, I never see anyone when I train, which is pretty depressing.
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 28/1/2014, 8:53 am

I actually support the reduction for one main reason, spawn rates for resources are based on player pop. For worlds with less than 500 players the spawn rate of runite ore for instance is 20 minutes where as full worlds (2k max pop) it takes 15 minutes. A large part of the design of the game was always based on population specially when it comes to spawn rates of things. I don't believe this has ever changed as far as I know, so unless it has I will be voting for the reduction.

On a side note I always though the peng hunting world was 60, not 71, due to the chats like w60penghunt, w60peng and world60pengs to name the ones I use.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 28/1/2014, 10:17 pm

I voted it down because w6 is my home world.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Corowns 29/1/2014, 12:15 am

I find it funny that Jagex is actually doing this out of money, but claiming it's for "the players". Each world is a server, so consider the amount of money in tech saved when they can drop a server per year. This is a very strategically written post by Jagex, which is something that's been happening more and more recently. Kind of made me feel dirty reading that.
Corowns
Corowns
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 29/1/2014, 3:32 am

Billious wrote:
On a side note I always though the peng hunting world was 60, not 71, due to the chats like w60penghunt, w60peng and world60pengs to name the ones I use.

The world 60 penguin seekers one is most popular, but there is one in W71 (much like there are two or so law running worlds). W71 is the Penguin Whisperers. Their RSOF: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?75,76,479,65207851

More to the topic, whereas I don't play heaps and heaps anymore, I still am trying as hard as I can to keep up with updates and news so I don't get too far out of the game and for Mentoring purposes. I wouldn't really fancy this kind of thing simply because of what Gummy said; the "less populated" worlds have been commonly used nowadays for world hopping with slayer, and even when areas are overpopulated woodcutting, mining, and so on. Other than that, it seems Jagex is only more interested in saving a couple of dollars, but that's just my $0.02.

Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 29/1/2014, 6:10 am

Doesn't really bother me.

I would prefer to have active worlds then worlds with 50-60 players.

I think Jagex should honestly remove 75% of the F2P worlds, they rarely have more then 50 players on them from what I've seen. So only having like 5 F2P worlds would be EASILY doable.

As long as they don;t remove the 2400 Skill total world I don't mind.

It's like the only "Active" world now imo for members.
Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoobs 29/1/2014, 11:53 pm

I voted yes, since you really dont see much people on rs anymore after the bot nuke day.

But I also feel as if to keep it, since there are many people who train at certain spots as a community.
All I can say is, if there is less than 100 people on a world consistently, remove it.
Scoobs
Scoobs
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 30/1/2014, 12:59 pm

I hate how many of these worlds is dead minigames' world.
Those people that want to play games like barb assault, blast furnace, fish trawler and trouble brewing(even tho there is a fc for that) are already having a hard time finding a team, official world helps at least a bit to get all those people on the same world. Removing it would mean it would become impossible or very annoying to find peopl to play those games with.
Also why do they need to remove world 71 and 89? 89 Is fish flingers' world and the fish flinging community there is very active... w71 is also very active at lava flow mine.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 31/1/2014, 6:34 pm

Interesting discussion so far, personally i agree on the F2p aspect since f2p IMO is pretty much dead other then a handful of players and 5-10 auto typer bots at busy places. I do not mind if they removed all but 5 personally and its very easy for them to do.

Also why do they need to remove world 71 and 89? 89 Is fish flingers' world and the fish flinging community there is very active... w71 is also very active at lava flow mine.

^this was my thoughts exactly when i first was reading the post, i could be wrong on this but isn't 71 and 89 the top 2 busy on the list?

I also agree that finding teams for certain minigames will become even more harder then it is now without the official worlds, this is why im hoping they will add in the minigame team finder chat thingy 07 has (whatever its called lol) since it would help with getting teams a little if the vote does pass, though inb4 they have a poll for that to lol.
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 31/1/2014, 6:47 pm

I voted no. Mainly because they are all dead minigame worlds and it will be hard to find players who will play it with them (Unless they put in the match system rather quick tbh)
Also another reason is that it's great for skilling, yeah it may take a bit longer to respawn, but less chance for you to get crashed by some idiot. I may be done with skilling, but others aren't, and I know I thought it was rather annoying having to hop idk how many times just to be able to skill.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down