Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some suggestions for Runescape...

3 posters

Go down

Some suggestions for Runescape... Empty Some suggestions for Runescape...

Post by lulu2199 6/2/2014, 4:01 pm

I don't know about you, but I believe that if the game is less played nowadays, it's more because the game has become more.... Safe.

Let me explain, back in the days, the risk you take as a player was really big. If you want to, say, do PVP, your potential loss could cause you to quit the game altogether, because you could lose literally everything you made since the beginning from the game. However, and that's the magic of high risk, is that you will be hooked by the game and wanting to get back the money you've lost.

Let's go even further. I believe that if RS wants to attract more people to join, they should encourage the inequality and meritocracy in the game. In other words, you are encouraged to profit on the back of others, and doing things that seem crazy. This is from EVE online, where apparently you could hunt with a few friends as "pirates" to kill a miner and get money or something. This idea could get imported in RS by allowing players killing in certain zones that are not only in Wildy, but in some other areas as well, places where a lot of money could be made (ex: good hunting spots, places with monsters giving good loots including bosses, good slayer spots, etc) and getting the rule of losing 8 pieces of your armour. Furthermore, in these areas, you can kill players of any level, higher or below yours, and these are multicombat areas.

That way, this will encourage people to roam around the map and act like bandits in real life, which is quite exciting.

What do you think?

Any comment is welcome!

Lulu2199

lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Some suggestions for Runescape... Empty Re: Some suggestions for Runescape...

Post by Rrezz 6/2/2014, 6:22 pm

Then maxed players would camp these spots and low leveled players would never be able to train at those spots.

Simpler solution would be make 1-2 PvP world's where everywhere except banks is Dangerous, and if you are in a dangerous area you get a 15% XP Boost incentive to train.

Only 1-2 worlds, so that there are people in most training spots, so that it isn't a dead world for free 15% boost so XP.

If anything, I would like them to add "Hardcore" Servers, where you start fresh all stats level 1 as if you where a new account, and it is PvP EVERYWHERE except for banks. It would have it's own separate Hiscores etc.

The only difference is you start from scratch when you first join, just like when 07Scape was released, it would be a separate world from 07 and EOC for people wishing for an additional challenge.

The economy would be so much different from the 2 other versions, due to the fact players could kill you at GWD mid kill etc.
Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu2199 7/2/2014, 3:44 am

What i mean by that is that RS needs to promote INEQUALITY. Even though this is bad in real light (lol) this actually encourages people to work harder and getting hooked by the game.

The reason why people used to play the game for a lot back then was because you got alot to lose, and making money was quite hard.

Having extremes in a game really creates the needed dynamic.
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 8/2/2014, 2:34 am

There is still plenty of inequality in rs...

But if you may be interested to know that a similar idea is coming up in Runescape 2007- they've proposed adding the best skilling areas in the game into the wild to increase the danger factor. Not sure how much of that went through, but if you're intrigued by the idea in general you might want to check it out.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down