Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff

4 posters

Go down

Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff Empty Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff

Post by Omit 14/4/2014, 12:03 am

I was wondering which one was better for stuff like Slayer, KK and Nex. I don't know if I should just stick with my C Staff or what. Since I use Drygores and ascensions I need a mage switch and I don't know if I should buy it or just stick with Chaotic Staff until I have enough for Virtus wand & Book.
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff Empty Re: Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff

Post by Yamiteh 14/4/2014, 12:09 am

Chaotic staff being a level 80 weapon is better.
Dual abyssal weps are level 75 and thus have a lower dps.

However, if you are doing a task such as metal dragons and don't have super antifires abyssal weapons have an advantage here as you can use them with a dragonfire shield.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff Empty Re: Abyssal Wand & Orb vs Chaotic Staff

Post by Omit 14/4/2014, 12:02 pm

Yeah but, Abyssal wand is 1694 Damage and has 1694 Accuracy while Chaotic Staff only has 1924 Accuracy. If we're comparing level wise I like the Virtus Wand & Book better than Drygores, I sometimes even out dps some people at KK with just Virtus Wand & Book and that is a Level 80 weapon.
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 14/4/2014, 1:31 pm

I consider myself as 1 of the best PvMers in SM. I think if you have drygores/ascensions you should use them because there is just a HUGE difference between level 80 and 90. What it goes about abyssal weapons. I think they are alternative if you dont have chaotic staff/virtus wand/book. So if you have chaotic staff use that Wink
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 14/4/2014, 2:39 pm

WisdomStar wrote:I consider myself as 1 of the best PvMers in SM. I think if you have drygores/ascensions you should use them because there is just a HUGE difference between level 80 and 90. What it goes about abyssal weapons. I think they are alternative if you dont have chaotic staff/virtus wand/book. So if you have chaotic staff use that Wink

Not to kill your ego, but in certain cases using a lvl 80 weapon versus a mage weakness is more effective than using a drygore/ascension, so I would have the chaotic staff, especially if you're doing KK on melee phase, as ascensions are horrible against melee phase and drygores cause you to be hit more often than farcasting (assuming you're not tanking).

Abyssal weapons are convenient, as they save 1/8th the runes like the staff of light, so they are nice if you are using a lot of runes, such as momentum barraging at the abyss/dags. They also don't degrade like chaotics/virtus, so are nice if you die a lot, like with KK/Nex, so you don't lose money on repairing them so often. I prefer dual wield over 2 handed, personally, so I would go with the abyssal weapons as a stepping stone until you reach virtus.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 14/4/2014, 3:39 pm

Where did you get the information that abyssal weapons provide accuracy and damage while chaotic staff only gives accuracy?

According to RS Wiki it is:

1924 accuracy for Cstaff http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Chaotic_staff
1694 accuracy for abyssal wand and orb http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssal_wand

Damage depends on the spell you are using, from what I know.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 14/4/2014, 9:38 pm

Yamiteh, I meant 1694 accurarcy, sorry but yeah I just ended up buy Virtus wand & Book, I got 2 drops from KK. Thanks everyone I guess aha Razz you can lock this now.
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down