Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Build

+2
Daxaal
Dual_Shock
6 posters

Go down

New Build Empty New Build

Post by Dual_Shock 23/4/2014, 3:27 am

Just thought I'd show you all my new computer I will be building. Already have the essentials, ie case, fans, etc., just upgrading the 'barebones' as we call it.

If you have any questions regarding building a PC, feel free to shoot me a PM.

New Build ERcHYrY
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

New Build Empty Re: New Build

Post by Daxaal 23/4/2014, 9:30 am

How does RS look like on max settings with this O.O. And what are your other pc components that you already have? This looks like a high end gaming machine what games you play? Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 24/4/2014, 3:32 pm

Daxaal wrote:How does RS look like on max settings with this O.O. And what are your other pc components that you already have? This looks like a high end gaming machine what games you play? Smile

By essentials, I meant stuff like a case, power supply, 2 x 21.5in Asus Monitors, Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard, Corsair M65 Mouse, etc.

I play everything but like RS. Diablo/League/CS:S/etc.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 7/5/2014, 1:49 pm

Why the F did you go for an AMD?

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 7/5/2014, 2:03 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Are you displeased with the CPU, GPU or both?
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 7/5/2014, 2:11 pm

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 7/5/2014, 2:18 pm

Daxaal wrote:

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 7/5/2014, 3:36 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

The pins are fragile by their very nature, little can be done to prevent bending with something so tiny. I have a FX-6300 CPU and literally could not complain about anything, save for it being slightly louder than I would like. No heat problems as of yet.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 7/5/2014, 8:35 pm

I will agree on Inhaps on this one.
An AMD CPU is perfectly fine one, I have had mine for a long time and I can't really complain.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 7/5/2014, 9:38 pm

Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:

The pins are fragile by their very nature, little can be done to prevent bending with something so tiny. I have a FX-6300 CPU and literally could not complain about anything, save for it being slightly louder than I would like. No heat problems as of yet.

Are you a heavy gamer like allot of cpu usage?

My mom's pc (amd athlon x64 bla bla) reaches 70 degrease celcius on idle if its not cleaned every 2 weeks

i'd rather go with an i5, its easy to install, safe to install, stays cool
But after all it's your own choice

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 7/5/2014, 10:04 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:

My mom's pc (amd athlon x64 bla bla) reaches 70 degrease celcius on idle if its not cleaned every 2 weeks

You're prolly stock with the custom AMD fan, try installing a better fan, coolmaster or smth like that would work better.
Ironic
Ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 7/5/2014, 10:13 pm

Ironic wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:

You're prolly stock with the custom AMD fan, try installing a better fan, coolmaster or smth like that would work better.

Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO will be good for that cpu, If you want to be really secure you'd buy a corsair water cooler

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 7/5/2014, 10:16 pm

Depending on the size of your case the Hyper EVO would be go, i doubt you need a Water cooler for Athlon tho.
Ironic
Ironic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 4/6/2014, 3:03 am

See here for finished product.

New Build T81762-new-build-completed-d#1129569
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock