Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New build completed :D

+2
Minato
Dual_Shock
6 posters

Go down

New build completed :D Empty New build completed :D

Post by Dual_Shock 4/6/2014, 3:02 am

So. New build.

Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Motherboard
AMD FX-8320 8-Core Processor - 3.5 Ghz (Turbo 3.7), Overclocked to 4.6 Ghz
MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB DDR5 Gfx Card
2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair H100i Dual 120MM Water Cooler
OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD
WD Blue 500GB HDD
Corsair CX 750 Watt Modular PSU
Cooler Master HAF 912 Case w/ CM Storm Enforcer Window Panel

Peripherals:
2 x Asus VE228H 21.5 LED Monitoirs
Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard
Corsair M65 Mouse
Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1Ch Headset

Misc:
Planar Dual/Quad Monitor Stand, Fans, Sleeved Wires, USB 3.0 Front Panel

Pictures:
Spoiler:
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

New build completed :D Empty Re: New build completed :D

Post by Minato 4/6/2014, 7:55 pm

I have that desktop background too!!!!

Nice build, clean your desk though.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 5/6/2014, 1:03 am

Minato wrote:I have that desktop background too!!!!

Nice build, clean your desk though.

Lol too much shit on here. I got like 7 CDs with different Windows OSs and programs as well as just random PC parts and screws lol.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 5/6/2014, 4:05 am

dat dual monitor setup  Razz  I'd prefer that over my setup, which includes me using my 48" plasma for a monitor since my old monitor didn't have an HDMI port and my custom build desktop doesn't support old technology  Facepalm 
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 5/6/2014, 6:49 am

I like the build but I hate the case,
Why did you choose for the amd? A second handed i5 would of have a better performance

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 5/6/2014, 8:10 pm

MerchTilIDie wrote:dat dual monitor setup  Razz  I'd prefer that over my setup, which includes me using my 48" plasma for a monitor since my old monitor didn't have an HDMI port and my custom build desktop doesn't support old technology  Facepalm 

I have two 21.5in montiors, and a third display I use when watching movies is a 51in Samsung 1080p Plasma

GiovanniM wrote:I like the build but I hate the case,
Why did you choose for the amd? A second handed i5 would of have a better performance

I wouldn't get an i5 if my life depended on it. I would get an i7, where the power really is. And even at that, I like the 8 Core architecture. Why would I spend about ~$350 on an i7 with a core clock of 3.5Ghz ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901 ), when I could spend $120 and get an AMD with a core clock of 3.5Ghz, which I overclocked to 4.6Ghz, AND still have 4 extra cores.

Pls.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Toon 6/6/2014, 10:14 am

Very naische ^^

How's the Corsair H60 (you got that one right?)? I kind of want my comp to be a little more silent but am reluctant as some people say that the water coolers from corsair really aren't that silent and arguable even louder Razz

Also gonna get a 2nd monitor Very Happy another Dell s2740l ^^
Princess Toon
Princess Toon
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 6/6/2014, 7:29 pm

Princess Toon wrote:Very naische ^^

How's the Corsair H60 (you got that one right?)? I kind of want my comp to be a little more silent but am reluctant as some people say that the water coolers from corsair really aren't that silent and arguable even louder Razz

Also gonna get a 2nd monitor :Danother Dell s2740l ^^

It's an H100i, I just have 1 internal fan pushing, and two on the outside of the case pulling.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 7/6/2014, 10:18 am

Dual_Shock wrote:
MerchTilIDie wrote:dat dual monitor setup  Razz  I'd prefer that over my setup, which includes me using my 48" plasma for a monitor since my old monitor didn't have an HDMI port and my custom build desktop doesn't support old technology  Facepalm 

I have two 21.5in montiors, and a third display I use when watching movies is a 51in Samsung 1080p Plasma

I wouldn't get an i5 if my life depended on it. I would get an i7, where the power really is. And even at that, I like the 8 Core architecture. Why would I spend about ~$350 on an i7 with a core clock of 3.5Ghz ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901 ), when I could spend $120 and get an AMD with a core clock of 3.5Ghz, which I overclocked to 4.6Ghz, AND still have 4 extra cores.

Pls.

The AMD 8 core can't beat an i7 in performance, Even when overclocked..
An overclocked AMD 8 core comes close to an i5 which i can get second handed on eBay for $140 or less.
It would be worth spending that extra 20 bucks.
New the i5 will be $190 which would still be worth the money since it's waaay better than an AMD 8 core.
And we all know, AMD is for the poor people that will never experience the perfect gaming with an i5/i7.

so ye...

PLS.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Toon 7/6/2014, 5:50 pm

Dual_Shock wrote:

It's an H100i, I just have 1 internal fan pushing, and two on the outside of the case pulling.

How is the sound though? Currently my system doesn't go above 35 dba and I'd like to keep it that way or make it even more silent (if possible), but running it a little cooler definitely wouldn't hurt Razz
Princess Toon
Princess Toon
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 8/6/2014, 1:42 am

Princess Toon wrote:
Dual_Shock wrote:

How is the sound though? Currently my system doesn't go above 35 dba and I'd like to keep it that way or make it even more silent (if possible), but running it a little cooler definitely wouldn't hurt Razz

IDK. Pretty quiet to me. I don't really notice it tho over the headset.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 8/6/2014, 1:47 am

GiovanniM wrote:
Dual_Shock wrote:

Pls.

The AMD 8 core can't beat an i7 in performance, Even when overclocked..
An overclocked AMD 8 core comes close to an i5 which i can get second handed on eBay for $140 or less.
It would be worth spending that extra 20 bucks.
New the i5 will be $190 which would still be worth the money since it's waaay better than an AMD 8 core.
And we all know, AMD is for the poor people that will never experience the perfect gaming with an i5/i7.

so ye...

PLS.

You keep buying them hami-downs. In the mean time, I'll build my computer and blow yours to pieces. $120 new, and out of the box without anything else it's 4.6Ghz. I didn't even try to go higher. I could have bought the FX-9590 4.7Ghz, turbo to 5.0, OC to 5.3Ghz processor AND STILL cheaper than any i7. kthxby
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 8/6/2014, 9:13 pm

Looking good Dual Snot! Maybe not you'll top Crypsi's frames Wink
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)