Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F2p Trial and Bonds - Thoughts?

+3
Ironic
GiovanniM
RedRaven
7 posters

Go down

F2p Trial and Bonds - Thoughts? Empty F2p Trial and Bonds - Thoughts?

Post by RedRaven 20/5/2014, 11:43 pm

So recently Jagex announced the possibility of releasing f2p worlds to osrs. In a forums post found on runescape forums by Mod Mat K he announces the release of a f2p trial which begins on the 27th of May. The downside in my eyes is the trial being restricted to "newly made accounts" and excludes existing f2prs. Some community members have expressed concern to of the trial being a put off in regards of people returning then gaining a few levels and f2p not being perm..while on the other hand the trial may boost player population for osrs and p2p in general as expressed by others within the community. I do understand where jagex is coming from as it is a bit of a gamble in regards of to little interest or not enough player base stays to keep osrs worlds open.

Mod Mat K also stated in the same thread about the possibility of bonds being polled in regards of the OSRS community possibly being added to OSRS as quoted below:

"Having a method for players to use their GP to buy their membership would be fantastic. If the community are comfortable with bonds being bought for real money in Old School then we'd add it to the next poll."

Personally i have mixed feelings about all this as i always felt f2p was kind of quiet or mainly bots, it will be interesting to see how this plays out and if adding bonds to OSRS really gets polled. If bonds are added it could help players out, but i could see the costs going up for members in general from the currently prices. What are your thoughts in regards of f2p being added as a trial and bonds possibly being polled?
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

F2p Trial and Bonds - Thoughts? Empty Re: F2p Trial and Bonds - Thoughts?

Post by GiovanniM 21/5/2014, 5:46 am

I hope the F2P trial will stay so I can train some skills before I buy member.
Also I don't really care about bonds, they don't affect me

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 21/5/2014, 4:21 pm

Mhm the only way bonds would hit me personally is if the cost of non bonds membership goes up in general or if osrs/rs3 membership becomes separate. If neither happen then i could see it helping out players who cannot get members irl due to no funds or billing issues, tho it wouldnt really affect me either. Razz
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironic 21/5/2014, 4:49 pm

Yet another stupid move...

Jagex's anti bot is not where finished according to some of my mates, why the fuck would they want to put f2p on trial... All that's gonna happen is gold farmings are gonna expand, there's custom scripts that Jagex will most probably never catch, just STUPID.
Ironic
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxodium 24/5/2014, 12:42 pm

I don't exactly see the point in the trial, I actually think it will just crash the price of the OSRS, as if I understand correctly, lots of botfarms will move to 07scape for the increased gold price = more profit for them. Kinda hypocritial of Jagex if they want to get rid of bots and then they go and give a free trial?

Even if we look at the RS3 members trial - most of it is used to spam W2 or W23 with bots spamming to buy gold from X website. I just hope JaGeX realises that it's a massive mistake, as bots will just be able to spam the hell out of the OSRS worlds now.

Oxodium

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperfectpur 26/5/2014, 12:28 pm

The addition of bonds to 07, would definitely be a positive for those, struggling with converting their 07 gp to eoc, to purchase the bond. On the other hand, it might hinder the whole converting community of people, that profit from people looking to do so.
Imperfectpur
Imperfectpur
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 26/5/2014, 1:50 pm

If they can keep the bot busting under controle like the past week I think there gonna have alot of work for the f2p trail because everyone is gonna test out bots in f2p to see if there profit or not.
I like the idea of the bonds but then again that will only come after they introduced the AH in 07.
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 27/5/2014, 11:10 am

Looks like f2p trial is being released today: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/try-old-school-runescape-for-free?oldschool=1

and they're streaming tomorrow Surprised
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down