Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

+2
Blood
Cald
6 posters

Go down

World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor Empty World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

Post by Cald 12/6/2014, 4:36 am

So the Alpha for the next expansion is out, and so far from what I've seen, it looks pretty awesome. They've shown parts of the new dungeons, the new leveling zones and some older dungeons that they're reworking.

So does anyone here currently play WoW, or intend to play the next xpac?
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor Empty Re: World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

Post by Blood 12/6/2014, 9:05 am

I have wanted to play World of Warcraft for quite some time to its full potential, but between the membership cost per month and how much more complex it is in comparison to Runescape, I've just never made it there.

I am a fan of and have enjoyed playing the newer f2p version of World of Warcraft as opposed to that old ten day free trial they used to have. Sadly the f2p version is still capped at combat level 20 and not knowing anyone that plays I somewhat quickly reached max combat and came upon quests that I could not complete solo due to the high level of creatures surrounding the designated area.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor Empty Re: World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor

Post by Cald 12/6/2014, 11:22 am

Blood wrote:I have wanted to play World of Warcraft for quite some time to its full potential, but between the membership cost per month and how much more complex it is in comparison to Runescape, I've just never made it there.

I am a fan of and have enjoyed playing the newer f2p version of World of Warcraft as opposed to that old ten day free trial they used to have. Sadly the f2p version is still capped at combat level 20 and not knowing anyone that plays I somewhat quickly reached max combat and came upon quests that I could not complete solo due to the high level of creatures surrounding the designated area.

Yeh the limitations imposed on free to play are quite large considering the overall scope of the game, however I do believe you can get all the expansions except for the 2 latest (one coming out and most recent) for around ~$20 which is really cheap considering how much hours of gameplay you get with it. This is of course ignoring the monthly fee though.
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 12/6/2014, 5:45 pm

i haven't played wow in a couple of weeks, but a new expension pack will prop get me back into hardcore wow mode for a couple of months
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 12/6/2014, 6:01 pm

Not to start a debate on this topic, but do you guys think if they were to lower their membership cost they would ultimately make more money with the potential increase in membership sales? Let me add that when I say lower, I don't mean something as silly as $5, but even down to $10 from what is it currently, $15?
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 12/6/2014, 10:10 pm

Blood wrote:Not to start a debate on this topic, but do you guys think if they were to lower their membership cost they would ultimately make more money with the potential increase in membership sales? Let me add that when I say lower, I don't mean something as silly as $5, but even down to $10 from what is it currently, $15?

I would start playing if this was the case Razz
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 12/6/2014, 10:34 pm

Tuff Tiga wrote:
Blood wrote:Not to start a debate on this topic, but do you guys think if they were to lower their membership cost they would ultimately make more money with the potential increase in membership sales? Let me add that when I say lower, I don't mean something as silly as $5, but even down to $10 from what is it currently, $15?

I would start playing if this was the case Razz

So would I, that was my point. They would be cutting the membership cost by a third, but you would surely have many more subscription sales as well as expansions purchased which I believe ultimately would lead to higher profits than is currently the case.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 13/6/2014, 12:14 pm

I haven't played WoW in years, it is just too expensive to get back into for me. If the price was lowered then I would definitely consider.
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 13/6/2014, 5:32 pm

I'm of the same belief, it's just too costly. Especially when things like LOTRO online are similar and have large free to play areas. I've always loved the game play behind WoW and the crafting systems. I just don't care to pay so much.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 13/6/2014, 7:43 pm

Fatal wrote:I'm of the same belief, it's just too costly. Especially when things like LOTRO online are similar and have large free to play areas. I've always loved the game play behind WoW and the crafting systems. I just don't care to pay so much.

If they were to make it more like Runescape in that the free version is still a decent chunk of the game, can still reach the highest levels of combat, and what have you it would be a lot better, but the free version capping combat at level 20 takes no time at all. I enjoyed playing it up until level 20, but then it was just dull.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 15/8/2014, 10:51 am

nex trailer looks amazing

piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down