Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Debate/Discussion Topic Suggestion

Go down

Weekly Debate/Discussion Topic Suggestion Empty Weekly Debate/Discussion Topic Suggestion

Post by Gildarts 3/7/2014, 10:03 pm

WEEKLY
INTELLIGENT
DISCUSSION or DEBATE

SUGGEST ALL FUTURE TOPICS HERE

The purpose of this thread is to collect topics which we can intelligently debate and discuss on a weekly basis. You must follow all forum rules when posting, and each post must serve a purpose. Any posts that do not add to the conversation will be removed and you will be notified. The weekly basis of this is to keep this area of the forums active and it is NOT disallowing you to post your own topics of discussion/Debate.

New topics will be posted every 7 days after the last.
Each topic will have a Topic Leader. By default, you will be topic leader of each topic you submit.
Being the Topic leader means that you have to keep the discussion/debate flowing.
Me or Kelly will be posting the weekly Topics until further notice.
Either me or Kelly will contact you Via PM before your topic is posted requesting some information regarding your topic and if it is a debate we will ask for some research (not a lot, just a few links or so).

For the sake of structure, Me an Kelly are going to continue to use Frewency's method when suggesting a Topic, this will be changed in due time:

Code:
[color=#00cc00]Topic:[/color]
[color=#00cc00]Your Relation:[/color]
[color=#00cc00]Research: <--- if needed in your Topic[/color][spoiler][/spoiler]

An example:
Topic: Internet Censorship.
Your Relation: I use the internet.
Research:
Spoiler:

How it would look(subject to change):
Spoiler:

Research is not a full basis requirement for all topics but it is a great asset to have because you will be providing potential replys with necessary information.

The example I provided by Frek goes to into extreme dept. This is not required. Provide as much research as you would like. The more research, the better the debate but can also be boring for people to read so I say a few links are fine Razz. For the purpose of showing an example, I ripped all this information directly from the source provided. DO NOT DO THIS. Please provide unique information.

If you are reading this thread, make an effort to submit a topic. It can be anything you like. Hell, google debate topics and pick something that interests you.

Regards,
Kid and Kelly[/center]

And a Big thanks to Frekwency for the info he provided in this Smile

Last edited by Kid on 7/8/2014, 6:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Weekly Debate/Discussion Topic Suggestion Empty Re: Weekly Debate/Discussion Topic Suggestion

Post by Gildarts 3/7/2014, 10:03 pm

Topic: What impact do social media sites have on society?

Your Relation: I use Facebook.

Research: Nothing too official. I've just have been interested in this topic given the sheer volume of users for social media websites and I've had my own observations on the users and what's posted there.

Skillex's suggestion

I have contacted the others to provide info and ect.. on theirs
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down