Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want?

+2
Gildarts
Michael
6 posters

Go down

What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want? Empty What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want?

Post by Michael 1/9/2014, 2:50 am

I have been with SM for almost 3 years now and I have been apart of the Minecraft branch of it since I started. Back then the community was strong because of how popular the game was, we didn't need mods to have fun, but perhaps now we do. I have done my best to keep the server running as close to the way Pleco did as possible, but with interest slipping I want to know what everyone thinks they want in Minecraft.

There are a few options, I can hand make a modpack that will have some of the best mods around, we can use some sort of forge pre-made mod setup or we can use a single mod such as Pixelmon.

I have a lot of experience with modpacks and making them, but if I am going to put in the time to make everything right I'm going to need community support so I know that I am not wasting my time. please post below what you'd be willing to play.

Kind Regards,

Michael
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want? Empty Re: What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want?

Post by Gildarts 1/9/2014, 3:06 am

Can we also include the Moon modpack that will be really awesome, making a mood base and surviving !
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want? Empty Re: What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want?

Post by Michael 1/9/2014, 3:10 am

Gildarts wrote:Can we also include the Moon modpack that will be really awesome, making a mood base and surviving !

Galacticraft is one of my favorite mods. I personally used it for it's solar panel(s) I had some super huge server arrays and it's amazing ability to send items one play to another in what I called "hubs" I used it as a "FedEx" of sorts to send items from one friend to another. Gal-craft is a definite because Not only can you go to the moon and mars, but you can do so much more.

What Kind of Minecraft Server Do YOU Want? 2014-01-09_220426_6922348
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 1/9/2014, 3:13 am

Only issue i see with it i think is some ppls computer may not be able to handle it well enough i dono if we can get a less packed out version ?
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu 1/9/2014, 3:14 am

Galatic craft looks awesome +1 for it Smile.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 1/9/2014, 3:17 am

Gildarts wrote:Only issue i see with it i think is some ppls computer may not be able to handle it well enough i dono if we can get a less packed out version ?

That's going to be an issue no matter what we do, which why majority is going to have to choose what we do. I can run 300 mods at 120 FPS (I can have more but there isn't a point because it just wastes power) on extreme render distance so it doesn't matter to me what we do. I can add mods that help with FPS and all of that.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 1/9/2014, 8:03 pm

I don't really care for mods that much. The thing I would like is creative mode for my projects.

Last edited by Minato on 2/9/2014, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 1/9/2014, 11:45 pm

Minato wrote:I don't really care for mods that much so don't care much. The thing I would like is creative mode for my projects.

That can be done.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 10/9/2014, 5:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2uXN5wCT0

Mike now!!! or we will go on a hunger strike!
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 11/9/2014, 8:06 am

Can we have unlimited items in the store? Smile I want to try and build some machines but haven't found the resources yet and store doesn't have all the items available yet.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 11/9/2014, 2:38 pm

Gildarts wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2uXN5wCT0

Mike now!!! or we will go on a hunger strike!

To run mobs we will need a better server and a better server isn't cheap so I would need the support of the community to do this.

Daxaal wrote:Can we have unlimited items in the store? Smile I want to try and build some machines but haven't found the resources yet and store doesn't have all the items available yet.

I'll look into to doing this.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 11/9/2014, 6:07 pm

I've been playing a direwolf20 Feed The Beast mod pack with my friends. Lots of fun, but lots of mods Razz
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 11/9/2014, 6:33 pm

Connor wrote:I've been playing a direwolf20 Feed The Beast mod pack with my friends. Lots of fun, but lots of mods Razz

Mods are fun but the only problem is we will need between 6-8 gigs of ram to support them without the server constantly lagging or crashing.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down