Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MENTEE] Volney's Merchanting log

4 posters

Go down

[MENTEE] Volney's Merchanting log  Empty [MENTEE] Volney's Merchanting log

Post by Volney 30/3/2015, 2:10 am

MENTEE's Flipping Log
Hey my name is Volney I'm currently going for 200m thieving on RS3 (113/200m*) and am looking to make some money on an alt in the meantime
*On hold for now gonna do seren stones because I need something more afk atm (21.3/104m)

Are you P2P or F2P?: P2P

• Starting Cash Pile: 10m
• Profit logged: 50,562,226
• Profit logged goal by the end of your stay: 2B

Welcome to the city of spoilers.

Mentee fill out form.
Spoiler:
Homework:
Spoiler:

Week of _____ :
04/08/2015 (+2,060,615)
Spoiler:
04/12/2015  (+5,463,387)
Spoiler:
04/19/2015 (+4,011,377)
Spoiler:
04/27/2015 (+9,807,848)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Volney on 28/4/2015, 12:28 am; edited 36 times in total (Reason for editing : 04/27/2015)
Volney
Volney
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

[MENTEE] Volney's Merchanting log  Empty Re: [MENTEE] Volney's Merchanting log

Post by Phileep 15/4/2015, 2:33 am

Hi Volney. As you know, I don't comment on logs very often (much to the displeasure of my superiors), but I've been inspired today to say something that might be helpful Razz.

It seems to be that there's a trend... your most successful items are items that used to be fairly common semi-active/inactive flips long ago. But those items have since fallen into obscurity, but aren't completely useless in a post-eoc world, so they make excellent inactive flips. The snape grass, flared trousers (though that was my suggestion I suppose), cavefish, scrimshaws, clay etc., all fit this definition quite well. I think it'd be a good idea to try and find more items like this, as they are quite good in general, but also they compliment the fact that you're working with a relatively low cash stack. Just make sure the items that you look for (should you try and follow this suggestion) haven't gone completely to crap in the modern era, and you should be fine. As for a few specific suggestions, try perhaps ganodermic poncho + leggings, and polypore staff. Those used to be some of the best items in the game back in 2012, so they were low-margin active flips, but now I bet you can get a decent margin, especially if you go overnight. They're kind of hit or miss, but as you know when the margin's bad you simply move on, no harm done.

The log is coming along nicely by the way, I don't think I mentioned that, and it'd be bad to say so much and not say that. Mmm....

* Phileep waves *

P.S. Also, get a forum avatar, don't be a noob like Mina pirat.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Volney 20/4/2015, 3:17 am

Thanks for the feedback Phileep ^_^

I took a couple item suggestions and aside from the gano top/bottom the items seem perfect for me :p I haven't taken the effort the make my current flips really good and they're still doing great. I'm just logging on my flipping alt whenever I'm bored atm, hopefully I'll get back to being more invested in flipping soon >.<
Thanks for the kind words!
Volney
Volney
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by A d z 28/4/2015, 10:47 pm

Is a bit of a struggle with your cash stack but flipping 4 d picks or 4 sgs's twice could be could for you. I was making 700k per flip from 8 of each. You're doing pretty well btw. How do you feel about it is it good compared to your other moneymaking methods?
A d z
A d z
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Volney 28/4/2015, 11:49 pm

A d z wrote:Is a bit of a struggle with your cash stack but flipping 4 d picks or 4 sgs's twice could be could for you. I was making 700k per flip from 8 of each. You're doing pretty well btw. How do you feel about it is it good compared to your other moneymaking methods?
I will try the dpicks and sgs, thanks for the suggestion. Even though I think I could've made much more by now if I invested myself I agree that overall I think this has been a pretty successful journey so far; money wise not so much, but experience and knowledge very much so.
I didn't specify it in my intro, but this is kind of a challenge for me to see how much I can make with 10m purely from flipping. Except the initial 10m I have used no money from my main and all bonds were bought with profit money. Comparing to other moneymaking methods it was not worth it starting out at 10m considering you can make a minimum of 11m/h RS3 from running double nats on 07 and at 10m cash stack you're not gonna beat that. If my end goal was making money as fast as possible I would've done nats until a 150m cash stack then started flipping while continuing double nats.

Gonna sidetrack a little since this got me going Razz
I'm very happy to have found this community, it is very reassuring knowing mentors only want you to succeed and having a place to go to to ask questions (IRC). I'm looking forward to the day where I'll have billions and I'll have this log to trace my journey which will hopefully motivate/inspire more people (and make my mentors proud Razz).

Welp enough rambling. You are much more experienced than I am so you'll beat me in no time, good luck in the program.
Volney
Volney
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 29/4/2015, 12:37 am

Though you have an okay stash of gp to use, I'd like to see you do a bit more bulk flipping. Seems the most "bulk" you do is keystones, which don't always sell of course. So give a shot at becoming more acquainted with bulk flipping and not being afraid to stretch your limits on items you like/feel more comfortable with.

If you find yourself flipping the same item on a semi-daily basis, keep track of it through price checks (so long as it won't be a giant chunk of missing change) so you can perhaps mark how it's doing in comparison to it's graph. When it looks like it might be a wise time, you could try to purchase it a little lower and sell it a bit higher overnight. Always fun to do.

Just some input – keep it up!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down