Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic)

+6
Mr Lolrus
jhall
xavy01
Frostfire
whuts_combet
Mr_Pleco
10 posters

Go down

Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic) Empty Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic)

Post by Mr_Pleco 20/9/2011, 12:37 am

Hello Minecrafters

I've run ideas by some of you in game of things that I would like to add to the server, but it's hard to get everybody in one place at once. This leads to people missing information, sometimes to disastrous effect.

I'll be organizing these not by the order I want to implement them, but by the effort it takes to implement them and the date I add items to the list. They will be organized into easy, medium and hard based on the technical skill and the time required. So an easy item that takes a while to do will be in medium (as an example). Recent items will be added to the top of the list and I'll post when I add something.

I also won't be adding them in any particular order but as I'm able to with the time I have available.

If you have feedback or want clarification then post on here and I'll clarify.

>>>>Easy Additions<<<<

Cauldron Recipes:
- Cobwebs

- Grass blocks
- Cracked stone brick
- Mossy stone brick
- Mossy cobble
- Ice
- Redstone ore (useful for decoration but breaks when you mine it)
- Lapis ore
- Coal ore
- Diamond ore
- Silverfish
- Sign stacks (unsure if possible)

- Tool stacks (unsure if possible)
Change server mode from "normal" to "hard"

Chicken farm in spawn zone

>>>>Medium Additions<<<<

Sponges (the functional variety)
Chest shops

Mob free zones (possibly self serve?)
Epic portal building in spawn zone

Lava boats (minecarts)
New spawn house
Infinite dispensers/chests for first time spawns
Different first time spawn
Outline and wall in spawn zone

Teleports for credits
Movable/tradable mob spawners

Move mushroom farm to spawn zone

Connect spawn zone to mob spawner via rail

>>>>Hard Additions<<<<

Stargates for everybody to build
iConomy

Some kind of land protection system
PvP World
Factions/teams/groups
Central faction towns
Server website
Server forum

Server wiki
Add moderators
Add more ops
Server marketplace
Mob hives
Timed chest replenishing
Credit bonuses for controlling areas
PvP Fortresses

Last edited by [ADMIN] Dr Kort on 30/11/2011, 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr_Pleco
Mr_Pleco
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic) Empty Re: Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic)

Post by Mr_Pleco 20/9/2011, 9:51 pm

Server Update 9-20-2011

1) Craftable Cobwebs are added to cauldrons using a recipe of 9 string + 3 redstone = 5 cobweb blocks
2) Craftable LEATHER is added to cauldrons using a recipe of 10 rotten meat + 4 redstone = 4 leather
3) Added a rotten meat => raw beef recipe of 10 rotten meat + 2 redstone = 5 raw beef
4) Updated the cocoa bean recipe to 3 wheat + 1 redstone = 1 cocoa bean
Mr_Pleco
Mr_Pleco
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic) Empty Re: Future Server Updates (Watch This Topic)

Post by whuts_combet 20/9/2011, 10:11 pm

Wow, you put so much time and effort into this server rep+
whuts_combet
whuts_combet
Forum Master (1500 posts)

http://www.dj3scape.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostfire 21/9/2011, 1:06 am

whuts_combet wrote:Wow, you put so much time and effort into this server rep+

Agree with this. Thanks so much Pleco, I don't think many people realise how hard you work on this server for our enjoyment. Smile

+rep
Frostfire
Frostfire
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Pleco 21/9/2011, 5:57 am

The mushroom farm is moved, though probably not to its final place yet.
Mr_Pleco
Mr_Pleco
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xavy01 21/9/2011, 6:18 am

Pleco, If you need any help again with anything, just shout. I am interested by the Server Wiki. That might be quite fun!

Also, when you say the "factions" is that going to be kind of a world where we all work in groups on giant structures. Because that would be awesome.

Thanks again for all the hard work!
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jhall 21/9/2011, 10:31 am

iconomy, chest shops, and please no chicken farm, i created and camped a zombie spawner before the update for like a chest and a half of feathers to monopolize the market :/ :p

jhall
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lolrus 28/10/2011, 11:39 am

Maybe try adding the plugin essentials + permissions. Essentials gives important commands to us and permissions tells what we can and cant use. Just a suggestion though elephant
Mr Lolrus
Mr Lolrus
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xavy01 28/10/2011, 11:51 am

Mr Lolrus wrote:Maybe try adding the plugin essentials + permissions. Essentials gives important commands to us and permissions tells what we can and cant use. Just a suggestion though elephant

I believe we may already have both of those, if not we definitely have permissions.
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Pleco 29/10/2011, 6:46 pm

Mr Lolrus wrote:Maybe try adding the plugin essentials + permissions. Essentials gives important commands to us and permissions tells what we can and cant use. Just a suggestion though elephant

I have permissions installed, but essentials causes conflicts with some other things that I use, so I have to go with sub-par plugins to make up for it. =/
Mr_Pleco
Mr_Pleco
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tweeed 30/11/2011, 4:24 am

when will pvp come into effect?

Tweeed
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 30/11/2011, 3:18 pm

there is pvp in nether now
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by iMikal 6/1/2012, 3:38 pm

Ok, Dr Kurt/Mr Pleco

I could help you by the fellowing things for the server.
Caution: This will be large post with information you can use for it. I'd not say that everything is right :3

- Some kind of land protection system
- Mob free zones
- Factions/teams/groups
- Server marketplace
- Tool stacks
- Sponges

Land Protection System, Mob Free Zones and Sponges

I'd suggest to use WorldGuard for it, (Link: Here it is fast, easy to understand and it's very safe ofcourse and the importart thing of all: it won't lagg the whole server out.

If you read the topic you'll see that this also can be used to make the Mob Free zones or specially the zones to spawn mobs like only Creepers etc.

Server marketplace

You can do this on 2 ways.
The first thing you can use is to use the Citizens Plugin for creating an special place to add NPC's to, to let them buy or sell stuff. (Link: Here

Or you can use an 'outgame' plugin called "Webauction" which you can buy Blocks on the Smokin Minecraft website to get Ingame. (Link: Here

Factions/teams/groups

There is an plugin which you can't download on the Bukkit site (There is one but inactive since version 441 aka Alpha) but I have an recent plugin from a mate, I could give you that with the groups: Admin, VIP (soon VIP+), Builders and Guests.
You can always change it in the files you get then from me.

Tool stacks

It is possible! We have on Voxel Box an plugin that gives you all the tools you need (It is there strange because all items got other names etc.) but that plugin isn't publiced yet so I found another named Kits (Link: Here)

I hope you got helped by this!

If you need necessary information, you can just post here or PM me Smile

iMikal
iMikal
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 6/1/2012, 10:27 pm

iMikal wrote:Ok, Dr Kurt/Mr Pleco

I could help you by the fellowing things for the server.
Caution: This will be large post with information you can use for it. I'd not say that everything is right :3

- Some kind of land protection system
- Mob free zones
- Factions/teams/groups
- Server marketplace
- Tool stacks
- Sponges

Land Protection System, Mob Free Zones and Sponges

I'd suggest to use WorldGuard for it, (Link: Here it is fast, easy to understand and it's very safe ofcourse and the importart thing of all: it won't lagg the whole server out.

If you read the topic you'll see that this also can be used to make the Mob Free zones or specially the zones to spawn mobs like only Creepers etc.

Server marketplace

You can do this on 2 ways.
The first thing you can use is to use the Citizens Plugin for creating an special place to add NPC's to, to let them buy or sell stuff. (Link: Here

Or you can use an 'outgame' plugin called "Webauction" which you can buy Blocks on the Smokin Minecraft website to get Ingame. (Link: Here

Factions/teams/groups

There is an plugin which you can't download on the Bukkit site (There is one but inactive since version 441 aka Alpha) but I have an recent plugin from a mate, I could give you that with the groups: Admin, VIP (soon VIP+), Builders and Guests.
You can always change it in the files you get then from me.

Tool stacks

It is possible! We have on Voxel Box an plugin that gives you all the tools you need (It is there strange because all items got other names etc.) but that plugin isn't publiced yet so I found another named Kits (Link: Here)

I hope you got helped by this!

If you need necessary information, you can just post here or PM me Smile

we already have
- Server marketplace (adminshop,player shops)
- Tool stacks (in the admin shop)

and pleco is adding land protection this weekend (not going to be world guard)
factions is comming soon
and with the permissions we haz it can prevent mobs from spawning if needed

and sponges will come along when pleco haz 5 mins to add the plugins.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 6/1/2012, 10:30 pm

tools dont stack i think, only the signs
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 6/1/2012, 10:31 pm

Broeder wrote:tools dont stack i think, only the signs

pleco gave me 64 bows once Razz
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by iMikal 7/1/2012, 9:40 am

Admins can give via the Give command 64 Tools Wink
iMikal
iMikal
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 7/1/2012, 3:03 pm

he did that and theres also some 64 tools in the admin shop in swamptown
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down