Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~

+18
lost1nlove
holderman4
RsMerchanter
p0wndude21
N I S
Jad Assaf
xrfx
dr.parthat
[ADMIN] Billious
Bajwastatus
shanic89
Minimum
Dr Min
Stormy
Lucky
xavy01
Julij2
22 posters

Go down

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Empty ~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~

Post by Julij2 10/4/2012, 11:05 am

In order to use all the benefits of this guide you'll have to have decent wealth to start flipping lower rares. You have to remember that rares can be very risky,but they offer very decent income of the money.

Part 1: How to flip rares.

The first thing you want to do is join Friends chat ''R Quark''. They give latest updates of all the rares and you'll be using them to find one end of the margin (either buy or sell).

They will give you only high or low price,but never both. You'll have to find the other price by yourself.

Example:
You join R quark and ask for santa price.
A:Rank will report 108s.

S in this case means instant sell/non instant buy. Basically that's your buying price. You'll have to find sell price by yourself.

B:Rank will report 109b.

B in this case means instant buy/non instant sell. That means that's your selling price. You'll have to find buy price by yourself.

Part 2: Active flipping.

Active flipping rares is very fun way to merch and learn more about them. The profit can be very low compared to other methods,but the offers are completed faster and there's less risk of loosing money.

For active flipping you have to know approximate margins of the certain rare. The higher the price of rare is the better margins usually has.

If you're beginner I suggest you try this method 1st and then move to more advanced methods.

Approximate margins:
Green mask:200k-500k
Blue mask:200k-500k
Red mask:300k-600k
Santa hat:200k-400k
Easter egg:200k-500k
Pumpkin:300k-800k
Disk:Very hard to active flip them,but margins are usually ~1m

Here are few example of active flipping:

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare4

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare3

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare5

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare6p

Part 3: Inactive flipping

This method works great if you don't have too much time to flip. You'll be doing the same thing as with active flipping and the only thing you'll change will be your margins,which will be bigger. Offers will complete slower,but the margins are bigger. It's way better method than active flipping after limit update.

The method is little riskier as some rares bound to change price through time very quickly,but it offers some good profits.

Approximate margins:
Green mask:~500k
Blue mask:500k-1.5m
Red mask:500k-2m
Santa hat:~500k
Easter egg:500k-1m
Pumpkin:1m-2m
Disks:1m-3m

Here are few examples of inactive flipping:
~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare92

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare4

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ No7m

Part 4: Overnight flipping

I don't suggest you try flipping rares overnight. They are extremly unstable and you can loose cash easily. I only suggest you sell them overnight,but never try buying them. But if you do wish to buy them overnight,I suggest you set some huge margins,ranging from 3-5m and if you get lucky you might snipe them once. This is so called ''lowballing''.

With lowballing you'll set offer way below it's buy price and hope that price will fluctate so low during the night.
It's really hard to do that with masks or santas,since they are very commonly flipped,but it's very easy with disks,pumpkins or easters.

Here are some overnight flips I made:
~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Rare6

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ No10

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Diskc

Part 5: Investing in rares

The rares are really hard to predict as there are so many things that have affect on them. From Jagex ''stupid'' updates to bots and so on... But you have to know one thing. Rares have a small support level that is made from rounded numbers. They tend to have slight rebound at those prices and big problems when they try to break through them. Those numbers end with 0's and 5's (100m,105m,110m....). So if green mask is crashing and is getting close to 90m,then there's a big chance it will rebound at 90m and will have problems breaking through that price. Reason is beacuse many people try to snipe the rares at those price and when rares hit these price,people offers got filled,causing less supply which results in rebound. It's the same with resistance level as rare will have hard time breaking through those price as people will try and sell their rares at them.

I tend to buy rares at those levels and sell them for good 1-2m profit. But investing in rares is extremely risky method and I don't suggest doing it if you're no expert.

I can give you recent example on santas. Santas were crashing through past few days and the started hitting the support level of 100m. At that time they had 1m-2m margins,which means incredible margin. People panic sold.but offers got completed at price of 100m+ and supply was drained,causing price of santas to rise. The hitted 102m-103m in few minutes,making some really good profit.

Here is also the link to my rare flipping log:
http://www.smokinelite.com/t51267-rare-flipping-log

I hope you liked my guide Smile

If you have any question you can PM me.

Last edited by Julij2 on 25/4/2012, 12:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Empty Re: ~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~

Post by xavy01 10/4/2012, 11:14 am

Awesome guide Julij, this will help out a lot of people, I am sure!
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~ Empty Re: ~~Julij2's guide to flipping lower rares~~

Post by Lucky 10/4/2012, 7:26 pm

xavy01 wrote:Awesome guide Julij, this will help out a lot of people, I am sure!

^ This Smile

although with blue masks even with active flipping you can get pretty large margins Smile
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 10/4/2012, 8:05 pm

Lucky wrote:
xavy01 wrote:Awesome guide Julij, this will help out a lot of people, I am sure!

^ This Smile

although with blue masks even with active flipping you can get pretty large margins Smile

It really depends on the time of the day. In the morning margins tend to be very big for active flipping (sometimes 1m+). But the speed of the flip is so slow that I wouldn't really consider it as an active flip anway. But it's really hard to tell as margins on rare can be pretty unstable and you can't really know the excat margins without testing them with standard procedure. Sometimes you might flip have 400k margins,while item really has 1m margins,without you knowing it.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormy 11/4/2012, 8:39 pm

Thanks for this guide.

Would flipping things that are dropping be a bad idea? Like easter eggs(right now). If i were to active flip easter eggs is that alright?
Stormy
Stormy
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 11/4/2012, 9:03 pm

Due to recent events this guide is no longer good. I'll get more into rare flipping and see what I can do. You'll probably have to use market or forums to effectively merch rares now.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Min 13/4/2012, 1:34 pm

Hi! That's a really nice guide you have there bro. Thanks to you, I have acquired quite an interest in flipping rares. I will definitely rep you. Smile

I do have a bit of trouble understanding the concept of"lowballing" though. scratch
Dr Min
Dr Min
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minimum 7/5/2012, 12:17 am

nice guide for this t hank you
Minimum
Minimum
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by shanic89 20/6/2012, 5:45 pm

amazing thanks!
shanic89
shanic89
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bajwastatus 20/6/2012, 9:04 pm

Nice guide, especially your description on rebounding.

Bajwastatus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 21/6/2012, 4:35 am

Great guide. I have found that psychological barrier with the 0's and 5's. People just don't like to go past those numbers for some reason. Also with the way the market has been over the last few weeks I always buy below any price, b or s, on R Quark. Might take a little longer sometimes but it's a safer place to start. You can always go up. Selling over Quark price however gets harder.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dr.parthat 22/6/2012, 8:36 pm

thanks so much ive been looking for a good rares chat i tried a few others and risked mils for 20k profits
dr.parthat
dr.parthat
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xrfx 23/6/2012, 5:46 pm

This is maybe going to be a stupid question, but sometimes when I ask for a price check, they answer with two items?
For instance
XrfX: pc pernix cowl?
Dafuq is this?

Regards,
xrfx
xrfx
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 23/6/2012, 6:05 pm

xrfx wrote:This is maybe going to be a stupid question, but sometimes when I ask for a price check, they answer with two items?
For instance
XrfX: pc pernix cowl?
Dafuq is this?

Regards,

R quark is chat for rares only.
Nex and SS is chat for nex items,spirit shields and glacor boots.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 112129 24/6/2012, 7:07 am

thanks, just got enough cash to finally flip rares, i ll give it a try, hopefully it works out

Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jad Assaf 17/7/2012, 8:44 pm

Thanks man great guide =)
Jad Assaf
Jad Assaf
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

http://www.eprime.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by N I S 18/7/2012, 5:35 pm

Great guide:)

N I S
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by p0wndude21 24/7/2012, 8:49 am

nice guide Very Happy

p0wndude21
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by RsMerchanter 7/8/2012, 10:36 pm

really helpful guide

RsMerchanter
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by holderman4 8/8/2012, 12:22 am

Nice! Should have read this before flipping a Green H'Ween mask but I still did good. Very Happy
holderman4
holderman4
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lost1nlove 8/8/2012, 5:44 pm

This is truely an exceptional guide and I'm certain that it will help many people, myself included. It was well written and explained so that even new people to flipping can understand it...Thank you very much for taking the time to write this.

+ rep
lost1nlove
lost1nlove
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jiggerypokery 10/8/2012, 5:50 pm

Just decided to try this recently, seems that the prices are a real mess at the moment though!

jiggerypokery
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by waimeabeatz 24/9/2012, 12:52 pm

+Rep, Thanks for this great guide!
waimeabeatz
waimeabeatz
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by i Dennis 8/10/2012, 10:55 am

I'll try it thanks!

i Dennis
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by MinhZor 10/10/2012, 2:24 am

OO sweet i made like 5 mil after read this ahahah thanks for the clan

MinhZor
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down