Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields.

+7
Questguy
pr0 stylzz
Worthyyyy
death2mageox
[ADMIN] Billious
metorrite
Host Nitrox
11 posters

Go down

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields. Empty Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields.

Post by Host Nitrox 27/12/2012, 9:37 am

Welcome to my Flipping Guide for Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields.

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields. 2dihb35

This guide is solely for Active Flipping and a bit of Inactive Flipping, NOT investing.

Before I start, it is advised to be cautious when flipping these items as they can be risky at times! Prices can fluctuate in a very short amount of time and you have the potential to lose or gain millions of gold at these moments!

First of all, it is advised that you have over 75M gold before you start flipping these items as most of them are over 50M.

Four Hour Item Limits

-All Rares have an item limit of 2 every 4 hours-
-All Spirit Shields have an item limit of 1 every 4 hours-
-All Nex Items have an item limit of 2 every 4 hours with the exception to Virtus Wand & Book which is 5 and Boots & Gloves which is 1-

Due to the item limits of these items, you cannot make a profit by "testing" an item and finding a buy/sell price. That is where Price Checking Friend Chats come into play.

"R Quark" gives you fairly accurate street prices for Rare Items and "Nex and SS" gives you prices for Nex Items & Spirit Shields. I personally use these Friend Chats before I buy or sell ANY Nex Items, Spirit Shields, or Rare to avoid potentially losing any cash.

How to use these Friend Chats

Each Friend Chat has a different method of stating the prices of an item.

R Quark

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields. 24y06ew

R Quark places the items they are price checking into 4 different categories:

Lower Rares: This line includes the Green H'ween, Blue H'ween, Red H'ween, and Santa Hat in that order. If you say "Lowers?" in their Friend Chat you will see something like this: 96.5b/119.5s/154.8b/122.4s. This goes through the H'ween and then finally to the Santa Hat.

Edible Rares: This line includes the Easter Egg, Pumpkin, Disk of Returning, and the Half Full Wine Jug in that order. If you state "Edibles?" in their Friend Chat you will see something like this: 66.9b/151.1s/218b/1019b. This goes from the cheapest to the most expensive rare, 1019b being the Half Full Wine Jug.

Party Hats: This line includes all the Party Hats in the following order: Purple, Yellow, Green, Red, and White. The Blue Partyhat is separate from this. If you want to know the price of it, just state "Blue Range?" in their Friend Chat and they will say something like "3.15-3.25" which means the Blue Partyhat is between 3.15Bill to 3.25Bill.

What the "s" and "b" mean after the numbers.

The S after a price stands for instant sell or non-instant buy. If a Blue H'ween is 119.5s, you should be buying for a bit above 119,500,000 gp.
The B after a price stand for instant buy or non-instant sell. If a Green H'ween is 96.5b, you should be selling for a bit below
96,500,000 gp.

What to do if the item you want to buy has a B beside it.

If you want to buy an item such as an Easter Egg which is currently priced at 66.9b, you should put in an offer roughly 500K below the instant buy price because most of the items have a margin between 500K and 1M. As an example, I placed an offer of 66.4M for an Easter Egg and it took a few minutes to buy. Once I bought it, I put a sell price a few thousand below 66.9M (undercut) and waited for it to sell. After a few minutes, I made made an easy 500K.

What to do if the item you want to buy has an S beside it.

Well this is pretty straight forward. Just buy it for a few thousand gold above the instant sell price and sell it 500K to 1M above what you bought it for. Please note that the higher you make the sell price, the longer the item will take to sell.

Also, please follow the rules of the Friend Chat. If you disobey them you will be kicked pretty quickly. For more information regarding R Quark, visit their official status thread on the RuneScape Forum located here:
here.

Nex and SS

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields. 2d6u4i

Nex and SS comprises of the prices of Torva, Pernix, Virtus, the Zaryte Bow, Spirit Shields, and even Nex Boots & Gloves.

This Friend Chat works a bit differently than R Quark but it's basically the same. Instead of placing a "b" and "s" in front of the price, they show the actual margins of the item. For example, if I asked them what the price of a Divine Spirit Shield was, they would say something similar to 160-162. This means the price is between 160M to 162M and has a 2M margin. If they stated a Divine was <162, that means the instant buy price for a Divine is 162M and you would want to buy for a couple million below that. And if they stated it was ~162, that means it's either 500K lower or higher than 162M so you should try to buy one for 161M to 161.5M. If there's no one Price Checking, you can visit their status thread on the RuneScape forums to get the last known price of the item. The thread is located here.

WARNING: Although these Friend Chats are accurate most of the time, some players like to state fake prices for their own personal gain. These people are called "Manipulators" and if you're currently buying a Purple Partyhat in the ge for 1000M and someone says "Bought Purple Partyhat 995M nib" (nib stands for non instant buy, nis stand for non instant sell), then they are lying and trying to get the price of a Purple to drop. If this occurs, simply state "Conflict on [Manipulator's name]'s Purple Partyhat buy, I have an offer in for 1000M" and they will be kicked from the chat.

F.A.Q

What do I do if the Friend Chat is full? Simply keep trying until you can finally join. It may take a few minutes but eventually you will get in.

What are "trends"? When someone states "no trends", it means do not talk about the item that isn't directed at the price. This could be asking which Nex set is the best, stating Party Hats are rising, etc.

I got kicked from the friends chat and now I'm banned from it! What do I do now? If you get banned, just wait it out. It's only temporary.

Which item should I flip? Whichever item has the best profit margin. Most Spirit Shields have great margins along with Party Hats.

Are there any other Price checking Friend Chats? Yes. If you don't have a substantial amount of cash, you can check out "Pc 101". They do Godwars items and many other items as well. Also, they use the same price checking methods as "Nex and SS". If you have a large amount of cash and are rather experienced, I suggest checking out "Drygore Pcs" as well. They use the same price checking methods as "R Quark".

Is there a Friend Chat for flipping Third-Age? No. If you wish to flip Third-Age, I highly suggest checking out the "Third-Age Status" thread located here.

If you still don't understand how to use Price Checking Friend Chats properly, I highly suggest checking out Austin's guide on how to use Price-Checking Fc's. It's located here.

Well that pretty much sums it all up. I hope you enjoyed my guide. If you have any further questions or suggestions to improve my guide, just post below! It will be greatly appreciated! Happy merchanting and good luck! Wink

Last edited by Host Nitrox on 4/2/2013, 1:41 am; edited 14 times in total
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields. Empty Re: Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields.

Post by metorrite 27/12/2012, 7:57 pm

im new, thanks so much for this its a great start for me!

metorrite
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields. Empty Re: Guide to Flipping Nex Items, Rares, and Spirit Shields.

Post by Host Nitrox 27/12/2012, 9:12 pm

metorrite wrote:im new, thanks so much for this its a great start for me!
No problem! Hope you make some cash using these methods. Smile
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by metorrite 27/12/2012, 9:16 pm

thanks, im not sure if im having very good luck right now, bought alot of rune abrs and sold higher lol i maybee made about 500k when they all finish selling.

metorrite
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Host Nitrox 27/12/2012, 9:41 pm

metorrite wrote:thanks, im not sure if im having very good luck right now, bought alot of rune abrs and sold higher lol i maybee made about 500k when they all finish selling.
Oh! If you're using items that have a much higher 4 hour limit you should check out this guide. :p
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by metorrite 30/12/2012, 1:48 am

thanks!

metorrite
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Host Nitrox 30/12/2012, 11:43 am

metorrite wrote:thanks!
No problem. Glad I could help! Razz
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 31/12/2012, 10:11 am

Nice guide. Btw nex boots and gloves have a limit of 1/4 hours unfortunately.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Host Nitrox 31/12/2012, 1:44 pm

Billious wrote:Nice guide. Btw nex boots and gloves have a limit of 1/4 hours unfortunately.
Forgot to put that in! Thank you very much Smile
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by death2mageox 3/1/2013, 11:18 am

nice thread it helped me very very much, i didn't even on what price i needed to buy my items in fc nex and ss. but now its all clear,as soon as i can i will +rep you thx! Smile
death2mageox
death2mageox
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Host Nitrox 7/1/2013, 12:17 am

death2mageox wrote:nice thread it helped me very very much, i didn't even on what price i needed to buy my items in fc nex and ss. but now its all clear,as soon as i can i will +rep you thx! Smile

No problem! Smile

Margins have been somewhat great lately due to all the recent updates such as Kalphite King, Nex sets having effects soon, and so on. But I'm glad I could help! Smile
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthyyyy 9/1/2013, 7:13 pm

First time i tried R quark i lost a few hundred thousand as i didn't know buy price was insta buy, so tyvm for this guide!
Worthyyyy
Worthyyyy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pr0 stylzz 13/1/2013, 5:07 pm

very nice topic it helped me alot thank you man! ^^
pr0 stylzz
pr0 stylzz
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Questguy 18/1/2013, 1:53 am

This is a very nice guide for starters on rares and nex amour etc high valued items. Especially about the fc part and the detailed explanation of the different features on different fcs. Thank very much for this guide.
Questguy
Questguy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

http://www.powerbot.org/community/user/355042-questguy/

Back to top Go down

Post by Host Nitrox 27/1/2013, 10:01 am

No problem! Smile

Since Drygore was released, I'll try to add that in as well although it's extremely risky at times to flip!
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ytk999 30/1/2013, 5:18 am

woah great guide , helped me out alot

ytk999
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchantingNoob101 30/1/2013, 11:07 pm

Mad props bro, I made an account just to comment on this. This is a great forum! I have to say I appreciate the effort you put into this guide. I also can say for lower gp amounts pc 101 is a price checker chat as well. Its located on the same guide u mentioned if anyone needs it.

Anyway I'm expecting to earn some posts and when I can

+rep

MerchantingNoob101
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Host Nitrox 31/1/2013, 1:20 pm

MerchantingNoob101 wrote:Mad props bro, I made an account just to comment on this. This is a great forum! I have to say I appreciate the effort you put into this guide. I also can say for lower gp amounts pc 101 is a price checker chat as well. Its located on the same guide u mentioned if anyone needs it.

Anyway I'm expecting to earn some posts and when I can

+rep
Thank you very much! Smile
Host Nitrox
Host Nitrox
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by UKIkarus 9/6/2013, 2:56 pm

Sorry, bit of a noob here... just starting looking into "nex and ss" which shields are good to flip for a beginner and if an item is listed as "<21m" how much below the guide would I go? 500k? or more? some rough idea would be great Smile

Edit: sorry used search feature and found an old topic >.> found an answer in the other guide Smile
UKIkarus
UKIkarus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by JeeOh 23/6/2013, 10:00 am

Why has this guy been got a -rep for this. Did someone lose money doing this or something? He did say it's risky.
JeeOh
JeeOh
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down