Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Billious' Merch Diary

+5
FrodoTBaginz
Lauri
Julij2
Fatal
[ADMIN] Billious
9 posters

Go down

Billious' Merch Diary Empty Billious' Merch Diary

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 8/7/2013, 2:07 pm

I flip on 2 accounts that are independent of each other. No gold or items are transferred between these accounts and so each has to make their own money for their own uses. Any flip made on the poor account will be marked with *

Week Of: 7th - 14th of July

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.3b / 110m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.42b / 114m

Weekly summary - Many of the standard flips this week made steady money. I found drygores to be not really worth doing inactively, however doing them actively makes some nice quick cash each day. The big thing this week was the seismics. Being new items with a very slow way into the game and a very high demand kept pushing prices to rediculious heights. By taking advantage of them and not dumping when the prices dropped here and there I managed to make some great profits. If I'd had a lot more gp I would have invested in these for very short terms of maybe a day at a time. I know others have done this and made up to 100m per trade on the wands alone.

Date: 7th of July

1 - Saradomin Godsword - 1,485,000gp - 0.47%
This is an item I flip often since I generally make over 1m per flip. It had recently come off a high and started to crash which is the perfect time to active flip them. Items that are crashing have bigger margins as people panic sell, so if you sell fairly fast you make nice profits like this. Holding the item too long can backfire as the prices drop so lower your sales if you have to on crashing items.
Spoiler:

2 - Drygore Rapier - 900,000gp - 0.94%
Drygores are a great go to flip you should do everyday if you have the time and can afford them. Most often they are active flips that profit around 800k - 1m although you can make more at times or less if they are slow to sell. The prices in the FC are rounded up for the high price and down for the low price, however I always try to buy below the low price given and sell above the high. Here I managed to get one 100k below the FC's low, but had to sell below the given high which is pretty usual for these.
Spoiler:

3 - Seismic Singularity - 6,325,007gp - 1.47%
My first attempt at these items. After looking at the merchz live graph I saw that this item was at a low point and being cautious I tried lowballing it, raising the price every few minutes. I finally bought it 1m below the low price in the FC and tried to sell it for 5m profit to start. It sold instantly making me realize that the volume for these is still very low and therefore bigger margins can be made for those who are patient and follow the prices.
Spoiler:

4 - [color=roflwaffleDrygore Rapier[/color] - 900,000gp - 0.94%
Managed to reproduce this flip on the other account although this time it took much longer. Bought this one after buying the first, but before selling it in the hopes to be able to use the same prices. It worked this time.
Spoiler:

5 - Drygore Mace - 1,000,000gp - 0.96%
This was a bit faster than I expected, both buying and selling in under 10 minutes, making me think I might of been able to get more from it.
Spoiler:

6 - Ascension Crossbow - 1,500,000gp - 0.5%
Being new to flipping these I'm still finding my feet. Flips of 1m - 1.5m seem to be the norm, however I think if I can keep an eye on how the prices change during the day I should be able to extend the profits. This flip took an hour and a half, so I think I may have miss timed when to buy it.
Spoiler:

7 - Drygore Longsword - 900,000gp - 0.85%
Couldn't manage to buy this under the low price given in the FC and sold it just under the high. Not too bad for a 20 minute flip.
Spoiler:

8 - Drygore Mace - 900,000gp - 0.87%
Didn't have the cash freed up on this account to start this flip during the other mace flip and so by the time I got to this the margin had shrunk a little. I still tried to hold out for a larger amount until it eventually sold after an hour.
Spoiler:

9 - Offhand Drygore Rapier - 760,003gp - 1.19%
While I got a nice price under the FC's low, I really struggled to get anywhere near the high of 65m. This is kind of expected as the offhand drygores tend to have smaller margins.
Spoiler:

10 - Drygore Longsword - 950,000gp - 0.9%
After flipping this the first time I managed to squeeze a little more out of the flip by buying lower, even though I had to sell it 50k cheaper.
Spoiler:

11 - Seismic Wand - 17,000,000gp - 1.94%
After checking the price on Merchz I found that these had dropped a large amount, but it had done the same before and bounced back. This is what I was counting on, but I proceeded with caution and tried lowballing with no success. I slowly raised the price until I bought one, but soon realized I had offered 10m more than I intended. Rather than panic I held out and watched the low rise little by little, which made me raise the sell price. I believed it would go much higher than my price, but being the first of these I've flipped I played it safe. After about 2 hours the price jumped and it sold fairly quickly after. The rise was a good 15-20m over my sell price, but I think the main reason for this is that these are so new that there is very few ever on the GE and so prices can be stretched to the extreme.
Spoiler:

The days review - Over 31m made in one day was pretty good. If only every day could be that productive. The standard drygore flips make a nice steady profit, but the big money obviously came from taking the risk on these new and super expensive mage weapons. I do expect the prices to settle more over the next few days, but while the volume is so low big margins can be made by those willing to take the risk of big losses.

Date: 8th of July

12 - Steadfast Boots - 1,975,000gp - 1.95%
These stopped buying as they were still rising, however from looking at the graph I could see they were about to start falling soon so I just put what I had on for sale. Upon checking today they had started to fall so it was the best move to sell at that time.
Spoiler:

The days review - Didn't have any time today, but managed to check this overnight sale.

Date: 9th of July

13 - Seismic Singularity - 3,000,000gp - 0.74%
The price dropped a little after I bought so I just held on and tried to make a smaller profit, which I eventually got after a couple of hours.
Spoiler:

14 - Seismic Singularity - 7,049,877gp - 1.77%
Tried this again in the afternoon for a much better result. I started a fair way below the low price from the FC and slowly raised my buy offer by about 500k each time and I wasn't expecting to get this one instantly over 1m below the price. Luckily it wasn't reported and so I managed to sell it for a nice profit.
Spoiler:

15 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 1,395,000gp - 1.32%
These had just started to fall again after a small rise which is a great time to catch larger margins. They bought fairly quickly, but I couldn't sell them for the pc price so I lowered them a couple of times until one sold within about 20 minutes. After that I thought they should all sell, which they did fairly quickly.
Spoiler:

16 - Drygore Rapier - 800,000gp - 0.8%
Had a much harder time getting the margins I was after on drygores today. While I got a good buy price it took ages to sell and I had to lower the price a few times until it eventually did.
Spoiler:

17 - Seismic Singularity - 5,000,000gp - 1.24%
Started to get into the swing of flipping these as they make nice profits and take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to flip.
Spoiler:

The days review - Drygores were a lot slower and had smaller margins today, so I didn't bother too much with them. Since the are slowly rising margins do get smaller and it was a lot of effort to turn them over. While I was having a good amount of luck with the seismic singularities I could not get a wand for 15m over the FC's given price and so I didn't want to risk it. However looking at the price now (the 10th) it has jumped over 125m so I probably should have tried to buy it for more. It being such a new item with a low volume made me be more cautious. Sure I didn't make a 100m flip, but I didn't have the chance to lose just as much either.

Date: 11th of July

18 - Gnome Scarf - 1,665,000gp - 3.34%
One of my all time favourite inactives that rarely fails me. The high and low price were either side of the ge price so they were stable enough for a long flip.
Spoiler:

19 - Dragon 2h Sword - 675,000gp - 7.14%
Not an item I test often, but I had a little left over and the margin was nice. Normally these are active flips or close, but I ran out of time and had to go, so I just left the sale on the ge.
Spoiler:

20 - Black Mask (10) - 889,110gp - 10.73%
Another great low wealth inactive that I bought while afk. It must have risen as it instant sold for more than I offered when I got back online.
Spoiler:

21 - Drygore Mace - 1,100,000gp - 0.97%
The price on these had been pretty stable so I had the freedom to wait a little and get the larger margin. Altugh I think this is where they peaked and have now started to fall again.
Spoiler:

The days review - Used the bulk of my cash trying to flip the seismic wand, but never managed to get one for a reasonable price. This is why I went for some low to med wealth inactives with the leftover gp, which all went pretty well.

Date: 12th of July

22 - Seismic Wand - 25,000,000gp - 2.04%
Finally managed to buy one of these below the low price as they hadn't had an update for a couple of hours. They had been much higher earlier in the day so I tried for a large margin. The low price rose while I was selling and so I figured it would soon hit the previous high, which it eventually did after a few hours and even rose higher.
Spoiler:

23 - Seismic Singularity - 9,112,000gp - 1.57%
With my cash freed up from the wand flip I decided to go for the offhand. The price on these hadn't changed in a while and as I raised my buy price close to the low one bought for a little more than 1m under the low. Fairly quickly after buying the price jumped and so I doubled the target margin, which luckily sold in about 40 minutes.
Spoiler:

The days review - The membership on my alt ran out so I haven't been flipping with it until I get that sorted out. Because I was using the bulk of my gp on my main with these flips that took longer than expected I didn't get a chance to do many, however the ones I did do were worth the effort.

Date: 13th of July

22 - Seismic Wand - 7,000,000gp - 0.54%
Caught this one halfway through a price rise and after looking at the trend over the last couple of days decided to wait it out and push for the bigger profits gained on the earlier flip. However after a very long time I had to drop the price and settle before the price dropped further.
Spoiler:

23 - Seismic Wand - 18,000,000gp - 1.34%
Did this flip towards the end of the day and found they had risen once again. The high of 1360m was given so I put an offer in 15m below wich didn't buy after about 30 minutes or so, so I raised it 2m and it bought within the next 20 minutes. The low price had been as high as 1371 during my time afk so I tried to sell 5m over the current high and was surprised it sold within 20 minutes.
Spoiler:

The days review - Again using my whole bank flipping wands has limited the number of flips I could get done, but the profits made from these at the moment really are worth the time to do them.

Date: 14th of July

24 - Ascension Crossbow to Offhand - 6,000,000gp - 1.81%
I found there was a large gap between the price of the main hand and the offhand which I could take advantage of. With 100 ascension shards you can swap one version for the other which I had in the bank. 100 shards normally cost around 30k so it is very cheap to convert one version into the other. Problem is you have to be fairly quick before the prices become the same, so the 9m margin became 6m as I had to buy higher than in a normal flip for quickness.
Spoiler:

25 - Ascension Crossbow - 1,000,000gp - 0.3%
I couldn't get the second fast enough before the main hand price rose and the offhand price dropped, so I just aimed at a normal flip.
Spoiler:

26 - Saradomin Godsword - 4,500,000gp - 1.31%
I found these had been rising for 2 day and were still way over the GE price so they were continuing to rise. The margin was big and although they started buying slowly, they sold much faster making me believe they haven't peaked yet. One to keep an eye on.
Spoiler:

The days review - Today seismic wands finally rose out of my price range and so I moved over to some alternatives. In a sleepy state I instant bought a seismic singularity 4m under the FC's low, but unfortunately made a typo when selling it, losing about 15m. Worst part was it almost immediately jumped 10m, so it would have made a great flip. At the end of the day though it was still a loss.

Last edited by Billious on 23/9/2013, 4:17 am; edited 21 times in total
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Billious' Merch Diary Empty Re: Billious' Merch Diary

Week Of: 15th - 21st of July

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.42b / 113m*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.48b / 129m*

Weekly summary - While sticking to my hand full of usual suspects I did a lot of experimenting with items I haven't flipped in months with mixed results. While most were still good profit-wise, they had become much slower than I remembered in general. Perhaps this is to be expected with less people playing now days as opposed to a year ago, not to mention many of these items are less desirable since EoC. Ascension crossbows and seismic have both stabilized a lot so the big margins aren't there at the moment, plus the wand is ~1.7b now being too expensive for me to flip.

Date: 15th of July

27 - Ascension Offhand Crossbow to Main Hand - 3,918,200gp - 0.57%
Bought these with the intention of just flipping them, but they didn't sell for a few hours. Then the main hand high price jumped 3m, so I bought the shards and converted them, selling them 1m below the main hand high price to make sure they sold.
Spoiler:

The days review - Had no time to flip today and only stayed up to finish the one flip started the day before.

Date: 16th of July

28 - Steadfast Boots - 1,485,000gp - 0.89%
Nice sized margin on a still falling item. However the high was close to the GE price indicating that it should be on the rise in the next couple of days.
Spoiler:

29 - Ragefire Boots - 2,340,000gp - 3.46%
According to the graph these should have been only slightly above the GE price and about to fall, but when I PC'd them I found that they were way over GE price. This makes the flip risky as it could have just been a temporary bounce. With the massive margin I decided to take the risk and found it bought and sold very quickly, like both were done within 25-30 minutes.
Spoiler:

30 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 765,000gp - 0.7%
Not the greatest flip for these, but considering they are normally an inactive flip and these flipping in under 30 minutes, it was much safer than a Drygore flip.
Spoiler:

31 - Glaiven Boots - 810,000gp - 1.19%
These looked to be in the same position as the ragefire boots (high above the GE price) just with a smaller margin. So I expected this to be a fast flip but it ended up taking 6 hours to sell.
Spoiler:

32 - Steadfast Boots - 2,475,000gp - 1.45%
Bought on the 14th when the graph looked like it was about to start rising, however I only sold one at this time. The price dropped by about 800k, but since that was the lowest it had been in a long time I decided to leave the same offer in as it was due to rise again very soon. Looking back it might have been better to take it off the GE and save it as a short term investment.
Spoiler:

The days review - Pretty much just stuck with my favourites today although I haven't flipped ragefire or glaiven boots in over 6 months. Might have to do them more often by the looks.

Date: 17th of July

33 - Ascension Offhand Crossbow to Main Hand - 6,958,800gp - 2.24%
The trick with converting these is to act as soon as one of the 2 crossbows jumps in price. By buying the cheaper one at or even slightly above the high price and instantly buying the shards means you get the large margins before the cheaper one rises to meet the expensive one. Once you have the bow and shards simply home tele to Oo'glog and talk to Ocellus, just north west of the tele, to convert them to the opposite hand. This one took 5 minutes to sell slightly below the new high, giving me time to try and get the other one in the same limit.
Spoiler:

34 - Ascension Offhand Crossbow to Main Hand - 4,958,800gp - 1.59%
Just a repeat of the previous flip, however I had to raise the buy some before it rose too much or the main hand had a chance to drop.
Spoiler:

35 - Ascension Crossbow - 4,000,000gp - 0.63%
Since off-hands and main hands aren't linked I tried to simply flip these. Using my sell price from the conversion flips I lowballed slightly, 2m below that price. Both bought within about 30 minutes, however didn't sell for 2 hours.
Spoiler:

36 - Steadfast Boots - 5,400,000gp - 3.1%
When I checked these today they had risen in a big way with a huge margin. Although the rise hadn't shown on the graph yet they were way above GE price suggesting a big daily rise. But after looking at the graph they are on a falling trend which made this rise look like it should peak at about 20m which was my PC's high price. So rather than invest I took advantage of the over 600k margin.
Spoiler:

37 - Saradomin Godsword - 11,310,000gp - 2.28%
Put an offer in on the 16th that I left, but only got 3 because the price jumped, so I re-PC'd it today and since it had over a 400k margin I bought a full limit. Looking at it the first 3 made nearly 7m because of the overnight jump while the other 9 made about 4m.
Spoiler:

The days review - Had a lot of luck today due to rising prices with the flips shown. The big problem came from Virtus wands. I bought 5 before bed to inactive sell overnight, but when I got up (on the 18th) only 3 had sold and they had dropped 6m each. They had been rising slowly for about a week, so I guess I pushed my luck overnighting a rising item. In the end I lost about 10m on the wands, but more than covered it with the rest of the days flips.

Date: 18th of July

38 - Ganodermic Poncho - 450,000gp - 2.79%*
Haven't flipped these in about 7 months, but it's good to see they are still a fast flip, bought and sold in about 20 minutes.
Spoiler:

39 - Mahogany Planks - 547,580gp - 2.48%*
I got overcut when buying a few times, but rather than start a cutting war I just waited while other peoples offers filled so I could eventually get my price. After about 3 hours The bulk had bought so I decided to sell. This left me a few of the limit with which I could re-check prices to see if I got undercut, however the lot sold in under 10 minutes.
Spoiler:

40 - Ahrim's Book of Magic - 1,950,000gp - 1.43%
Not an item I've really tried before, but it seems to be a nice inactive flip that took me about 4-5 hours total. Slow to buy but faster to sell it has a higher demand than I expected, but really there is only the virtus book and singularity that are higher in level offhand mage items which are way more expensive.
Spoiler:

41 - Dragonfire Shield (Magic) - 1,575,000gp - 14.29%*
Another new item for me which worked very nicely, specially considering the cost. It was a very slow low wealth flip but definitely worth the wait. It just proves that you should always experiment and check low wealth items as they often surprise you with great margins.
Spoiler:

42 - Steadfast Boots - 1,620,000gp - 0.91%
The price on these had settled a lot leaving the usual margins on them. I flip them often, but while on this current falling trend their investment potential is limited and so flipping them is more profitable until a major trend change.
Spoiler:

The days review - Finally got members back on my alt which gave me 2 choices for flipping. I could either use the entire bank to flip drygores one by one or experiment with a number of cheaper flips which I did. Most turned out to be very inactive and so much of the bank was tied up the whole day. On my main I had to finish selling the 2 wands from the day before and had an inactive singularity flip among other inactives that tied my bank up for the day. So while it looks like very few flips for the day many need to sell overnight and so half of the days results will show on tomorrows entry.

Date: 19th of July

43 - Saradomin Godsword - 1,800,000gp - 1.44%
These seemed to stop buying before bed and with how high their price was I decided not to risk buying the full limit overnight. Instead I put a reasonable sell offer in which had filled by morning.
Spoiler:

44 - Ahrim's Wand - 900,000gp - 1.47%
Post EoC the demand for these wands increased making them pretty good to flip for a few months. I haven't flipped them in a couple of months and the margin seemed ok for the price when I checked this time. But the flip took over 24 hours making it a bit of a waste of time, gp and GE space as more could have been made much faster with that gold.
Spoiler:

45 - Seismic Singularity - 7,000,000gp - 1.26%
These seem to be stabilizing lately even if they can swing 15-20m over the course of the day. I bought this yesterday afternoon which is the time of day with the least amount of players online and therefore the best time to get a low price. To be safe I only aimed at a 7m margin which I got overnight (time of most players online for me). Looking at Merchz live graph I could have made about 10m more, but since this is the first time I've done this with this item, playing it safe was the better option.
Spoiler:

46 - Bandos Godsword - 675,000gp - 6.17%*
Can't say I've ever flipped these but again it was a nice margin for the cost. They bought in a reasonable time, but when only half sold I realized I was getting undercut. Since it wasn't a huge investment and I had plenty of GE space on this account I just left the offer in to sell overnight instead of dumping them.
Spoiler:

47 - Zamorakian Spear - 585,000gp - 0.98%*
Managed to buy these before bed and simply left them to sell overnight for my pc price. Hadn't flipped these in months as I thought they would have dropped below 1m each like the saradomin swords, but was surprised to find them around 6m a pop. Definitely potential here for regular flipping.
Spoiler:

48 - Dragon Hatchet - 630,000gp - 2.58%*
One of my favourite lower wealth flips which are normally fast. This time it did take some time to buy but I just put what I'd managed to get on to sell overnight at my original pc price. 600k for the price is pretty good, but many times before I've made over 1m per limit. Worth testing these hatchets daily if your only flipping with 50-200m. Later on I'd still recommend trying them as they make great side flips when the bulk of your bank is tied up on expensive flips.
Spoiler:

49 - Offhand Drygore Mace - 400,000gp - 0.85%*
Took my time buying this and the high price apparently jumped 1m, but I think that was a manip report. Took ages to sell as I slowly dropped my price 100k at a time. In the end I just wanted the cash freed up, so 400k will have to do.
Spoiler:

50 - Glaiven Boots - 1,125,000gp - 1.82%
2nd attempt at these in months and this time I found they were falling in price which created a fairly big margin for them. Also this time the flip was a little longer than an active flip, but no where near an hour total.
Spoiler:

51 - Ragefire Boots - 675,000gp - 1.02%*
They are fairly stable at the moment, so the margins are smaller but still make a nice profit for a 40 minute flip.
Spoiler:

52 - Steadfast Boots - 1,530,000gp - 0.84%
As I'm sure you can see I love flipping these. On average they only take 1 or 2 hours to flip and tend to make about 1.5m each time. Since I keep a log of all my PC's I have a more than good chance of seeing when to invest in them also as I test their price almost daily.
Spoiler:

The days review - A good day overall even though most of the flips dragged out a lot. Although it doesn't show too much I spent most of the day testing items I haven't flipped in a long time. Many still get decent margins but are much slower these days, probably due to less players in the game and the fact that many of these items have either been slightly nerfed by eoc or improved upon with newer versions. Items like the zamy spear and ragefires have surprised me a bit in the fact that they have maintained value and are still in demand.

Date: 20th of July

53 - Ahrim's Book of Magic - 4,121,100gp - 3.04%
Found these slightly above ge price so figured they'd rise a little overnight. Got them all overnight but when I put them on to sell 8 sold instant and the last took about 10 minutes. Really didn't expect them to jump by that much specially after my whole buy offer filled, otherwise I would have pc'd them before I sold. Very nice profit but it feels like a fail when I sold so many over my selling price instant.
Spoiler:

54 - Ahrim's Wand - 2,555,255gp - 7.58%*
Much like the books, a bit of a failure with an instant sell. The difference was that these were below ge price the night before so even though I hadn't bought all of them I really wasn't awake enough to even think they had really jumped in price. Simple mistake, but 2.5m in my pocket is still 2.5m in my pocket.
Spoiler:

55 - Zuriel's Robe Top - 1,395,000gp - 15.98%*
Probably the smallest profit I've made on these in ages, but the whole limit bought overnight and sold after about 6 hours which is much faster than my usual flips of these. Having a low supply and demand gives these big margins that you can often stretch since there are never very many of these on the GE. Often a great, slow side flip if you have the room and spare gp's.
Spoiler:

56 - Offhand Drygore Rapier - 800,000gp - 1.18%*
The price had been very stable at 69b for hours so I tried to buy at 67.8m for about 30 mins with no luck so I raised it 100k and just left it for an hour or so until it bought. I tried to sell it for 1m profit for about 15 mins, but lowered it 100k and just left it until it sold about an hour later.
Spoiler:

57 - Saradomin Godsword - 1,350,000gp - 0.36%
Pretty standard flip for usual profits which took 1.5 - 2 hours maybe in total.
Spoiler:

58 - Ascension Offhand Crossbow - 4,000,000gp - 0.64%
Bought the 2 within a couple hours and sold one in a reasonable time, however the price dropped on me. Rather than sell the 2nd at what I got it for I just left it there for about 7 hours until the price bounced back. These seem to have leveled off and so the small drop just looked like a normal price fluctuation and not the item crashing, which would have been a much bigger drop.
Spoiler:

The days review - The overnights all went well, however the bulk of the day was spent stuck with many inactives waiting to buy/sell. A few bought by the end of the day, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see the back of them. I don't think I'll tie up as much into inactive or new flips from now on as it really holds back the potential profits made each day.

Date: 21st of July

59 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 1,710,000gp - 1.61%
Bought overnight as I thought the prices were dropping and so I pc'd them again in the morning, only to find out they hadn't moved much at all. All sold within 2 hours making a pretty standard flip for these.
Spoiler:

60 - Vesta's Plateskirt - 1,215,000gp - 6.75%*
Bought these overnight on the 19th and most sold on the 20th before the last few sold overnight all using my original PC. Hadn't flipped these in ages and while the margins are still good, the flips take too long to do these regularly.
Spoiler:

61 - Gnome Scarf - 1,200,000gp - 2.16%*
Pc'd on my main but didn't want to clog up too many ge spaces on that acc with slow flips so I flipped this on the alt acc. Probably took about 7 hours to buy and sell which was fine as I spent the day training this acc.
Spoiler:

62 - Vesta's Longsword - 2,655,000gp - 2.77%
Done at the same time in the same way as the vesta plateskirts for much the same result. Although the profit was double the skirts, I'd only do these with the change on my main and if I felt I could waste a ge space for some time.
Spoiler:

63 - Dragon Platebody - 540,000gp - 0.89%
Was looking for a fairly fast flip on these like I normally find, however they stalled for a couple hours when buying and pretty much did the same when selling. Standard sort of profit on these but I was expecting a much faster flip.
Spoiler:

64 - Ragefire Boots - 3,015,000gp - 4.44%
These had just turned up in price and so were rising pretty quick, leaving big margins. This only tends to happen just after an item starts to rise and then margins get smaller as they continue to rise. Would be worth doing tomorrow for a smaller profit, but I do think it will peak early and turn back down very quickly.
Spoiler:

The days review - Mainly all inactives and overnights which didn't make for a great day flipping, but gave me time to train on my alt acc a little. Even the faster items I tried seemed slow which gave me time to do other things. I did manage to get a singularity and more steadfast boots before bed, so we'll see how they sell overnight.

Last edited by Billious on 31/7/2013, 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Week Of: 22nd - 28th July

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.48b / 120m*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.48b (Bought some stuff to keep this week) / 122m*

Weekly summary - Struggled to get a lot of time to flip this week, so the majority of flips were inactive ones. Tried to change things up a little bit here and there which clogged up ge space a little, however most of the time these made great flips which I just had to wait for. The super saradomin brew flip took nearly a week but to get over 8m for it when it cost so little makes it a very nice flip for the very inactive. Other than that overnighting seismic singularities made some nice profits, however once I started to invest some money continuing to do these ties up too much of the bank to be efficient.

Date: 22nd of July

65 - Seismic Singularity - 4,000,000gp - 0.71%
Bought yesterday and sold overnight. These seemed stable enough over the last few days to try this again. Not a huge margin for the cost, but still very much worth doing.
Spoiler:

66 - Steadfast Boots - 1,800,000gp - 1.16%
These took their time buying so I cancelled the buy offer and set it to sell before bed. They had started falling so I though it was safer to sell what I had rather than buy the last one overnight.
Spoiler:

67 - Gnome Scarf - 1,035,000gp - 2.07%*
Always a nice slow flip with a fairly stable price. Kind of a safe bet most of the time and this time was no different.
Spoiler:

The days review - A slow day mainly spent buying inactives to sell overnight. Everything seemed to take forever so it was just a matter of setting things up and going to do something else while the offers completed. I had just gotten my alt to a level where he could use dragon armour and weapons so I bought a set which is why the bank started lower this week than the end of last.

Date: 23rd of July

68 - Ascension Keystone Sextus - 2,376,000gp - 3.4%
A day long buy followed by a day long sell. Pretty slow all told but still makes a nice side flip. These have slowed down a fair bit, but still seem to be rising overall.
Spoiler:

69 - Ahrim's Book of Magic - 2,925,000gp - 2.47%
Rapidly becoming a new favourite flip. Crashing fast after a freakish peak of about 15.5m left these with a huge margin. By the time I managed to buy them all the high had dropped a long way but still made for a very worth while flip.
Spoiler:

70 - Dragon Hatchet - 540,000gp - 1.72%*
A fairly standard flip for these that bought yesterday and sold overnight. These still make nice flips at lower wealths as their demand never really goes away. However now that you can add them to your tool belt they do seem to be more expensive and a little slower to flip than previously.
Spoiler:

71 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 765,000gp - 3.14%*
Another item I haven't flipped in a long time that turned out pretty slow. But considering the cost these do make nice overnight flips. Worth doing if you have the space and a little change left over before bed.
Spoiler:

72 - Zuriel's Robe Top - 3,375,000gp - 57.69%*
Great item for one to two day flips at low wealth. This has been one of the most reliable items to flip on my alt, however the buy price has been dropping very low. This was simply flipping using the prices from my first pc and not stretching the margins at all, which can often be done due to the low volume of this item. With the low being as low as it is I figured it would be safer just to stick with the current margin as it was pretty nice anyway.
Spoiler:

73 - Zamorakian Spear - 1,575,000gp - 3.65%*
Again not one of my usual items but it does flip for nice profits. Inactive by nature now days, the demand on these is still high enough to make them worth the time to flip.
Spoiler:

74 - Steadfast Boots - 855,000gp - 0.51%
Not the greatest flip for the cost, but I like to keep an eye on it's price for possible investments and so I flip them almost everyday. Still 850k in my pocket is still more money in my pocket.
Spoiler:

The days review - RS3 came out today so I spent a fair amount of time just playing the game, so I cycled through some more inactive flips and avoided trying to flip a lot of high wealth items that had reacted badly to the update. Most of it simple seems like panic selling and some nice margins could have been made because of it, but today I didn't want to stay in the GE the whole time and decided to actually play the game a little instead.

Date: 24th of July

75 - Saradomin Godsword - 5,805,000gp - 1.78%
So the crash that had to happen finally did. For some reason that I'm still not sure about, these had risen dramatically to a price that hadn't been seen in years. When items are so far higher than they should/normally are you can expect a pretty decent crash at some point. This was no exception. According to my price checks these dropped 5m almost overnight and with any rapid drop like this margins open up to a massive degree. Inactive items are often faster as ppl panic dump and others that are not too wise about the GE are quick to buy when the price is so far below the GE price. By taking advantage of this I made the nearly 6m in less than an hour, including buy time.
Spoiler:

76 - Offhand Drygore Rapier - 800,000gp - 1.25%
I had difficulty buying this so I slowly rose the price to the point I was about to abandon the flips, when it finally bought. This made me think it should be on the risesince they had dropped a bit in the last couple of days and looked like they were going up again. That's when the low dropped 1m. After looking at recent prices I was pretty sure it would go back again so I just left a reasonable offer in. When I checked it over 12 hours later it had sold and the price had gone a little higher than my price, but it was just better to get rid of it in the end.
Spoiler:

The days review - I've had no real time to put into flipping of late, so just the odd couple of flips a day looks like it might be the trend for the week. Still I can't complain too much as I managed to catch the sgs at the right time which I had been waiting for.

Date: 25th of July

77 - Offhand Drygore mace - 1,750,000gp - 4.67%
I noticed this was dropping slowly so I put an overnight offer in about 4m below price to be safe. When I checked the next day it had bought and the current low price in the fc was 42m so I placed a reasonable offer in that sold within a few hours.
Spoiler:

78 - Mahogany Planks - 749,925gp - 3.21%
A bit of an all day buy that stopped and started a few times. It seemed to be at a low point on the graph and was trading slightly over the ge price so it didn't worry me much. Selling was much easier as it had risen slightly and it all sold within 2 hours.
Spoiler:

79 - Seismic Singularity - 13,000,000gp - 2.65%
Noticed this had been bouncing back fast after the crash caused by the gfx update and the fact that you couldn't enter prices into the GE for several hours. Since most of the fall had been caused by panic I figured it should get close to it's old price and being cheap I put an offer in 5m below the given fc high, but it bought instantly 5m lower than that. Within seconds a report of 500b was given and so I put it in at 500m. Shortly after there was a slightly higher report so I raised the sell. If I hadn't wanted to go to bed and since I didn't want to take the risk I left it to sell within about 40 minutes. If I had held it to the next day I would have been able to get another 50m from it, but I was tired and decided to play it safe.
Spoiler:

The days review - Again no real time to spend flipping. Still a nice overnight, day long inactive and to finish with a quick bang that seismic flip made logging in more than worth it. Today was really all about catching rises and falls and reacting to the in the right way. Plus a little luck with timing always helps.

Date: 26th of July

80 - Super Saradomin Brew (3) - 7,992,000gp - 25.81%
This probably took about 2 days to buy and about 3 days to sell so close to a week long flip. The interesting thing about it was that I sold the lot at my original PC high price. Due to the fact that it's hard to get sara wines in bulk even when you farm them, keeps these items both slow and stable in price. I wouldn't recommend them if your going to be around a lot, but if you only have a few mins to check in every day or so then these are a great slow flip with minimal costs.
Spoiler:

The days review - Didn't set up any overnights unfortunately, but I did think this week long flip was worth posting. Extremely slow, very cheap and pretty stable definitely suits a certain type of merchant and yet I never really see these being done. Probably because the type of merchant who'd love these has little time to actually make logs.

Date: 27th of July

81 - Clean Toadflax - 999,900gp - 3.22%
Hadn't really played with herbs for a while, but its good to see nice profits can still be made. Took a couple hours to buy and a few more to sell, but just like in the past they tend to stop and start trading a few times as the price drops and rises during the day. Still if your patient you should normally get your price which here I did.
Spoiler:

82 - Seismic Singularity - 5,000,000gp - 0.9%
These seem to have stablized at between 550m and 560m which is where they were before the RS3 update and ge bug. I figured with the high price at the time being 560m that it wouldn't come down in a hurry so I put an offer in at 55m and went afk. A few hours later when I checked the low price was 550m and I had obviously bought. I put it on at 560m anyway as the number of players online was increasing and found it had jumped back to 560m within a couple of hours.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just time enough for a couple of quick logins and both flips turned out nicely. Knew I didn't have time for anything active and wanted to keep the GE relatively clear as I'd have more time on Sunday to flip. I did notice that herb prices bounce a lot during the day so if you pick your time right you can probably increase margins a little.

Date: 28th of July

83 - Gnome Scarf - 675,000gp - 1.35%
Bought the other day and just didn't sell overnight. Lowered my price this morning and still managed to sell for a profit, although nothing on what I would normally get on these.
Spoiler:

84 - Infinity Robe Set - 700,000gp - 1.22%
Bought as many as I could overnight but the price rose slightly on me. I realized I wouldn't get any more so decided to sell. Didn't bother PCing them again as I only got 4, but they did sell slowly at my previous PCs high.
Spoiler:

85 - Steadfast Boots - 2,475,000gp - 1.67%
These seem to be slowing there fall a little, but were still below ge with a big margin. I was surprised when the offer filled with a 30 minutes, but the margin was big enough for me to drop the sell if needed. Which after 3 hours it wasn't at all.
Spoiler:

86 - Saradomin Godsword - 5,625,000gp - 1.95%
Likewise with the steads these had only dropped about 1m in about 3 days, but still had massive margins. If I was surprised by how fast the steads bought I was outright shocked that these all bought in under 5 minutes. Again I didn't have to lower the sell and they slowly sold over the next few hours. Looks like a bounce back may be in the works.
Spoiler:

87 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 709,753gp - 0.68%
Still steadily falling, the margin was not great but still worth doing. Bought easily enough and all but 1 sold within an hour. After another 3-4 hours the last hadn't moved, there had been a ge update, so I lowered it to the ge price. Thankfully it sold within 30 minutes.
Spoiler:

88 - Ragefire Boots - 750,000gp - 1.38%
Another falling item and again bought fairly quick. After about 4 hours of selling it seemed to have stopped moving and it was getting pretty late so I lowered the sale for the last which sold before bed.
Spoiler:

The days review - With the exception of the infinity robes I spent the day going through the usual suspects for me. All were still falling and all were inactive flips which made decent profits. The real standout though was the sgs flip which even though it looks like it should start to rise soon, had huge margins. I'll have to remember to check it tomorrow as it may make for a nice short investment.

Last edited by Billious on 31/7/2013, 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Week Of: 29th of July - 4th of August

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.48b / 122m*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.55b / 130m*

Weekly summary - Experimented a bit this week with high limit items which for the most part turned out better than I had expected. Most just go to show that even when you have a large bank to flip with you should never forget the cheaper flips or bulk items. These often bring in just as big profits as many of the high wealth items. Both my short term investments this week payed off, with the SGS investment doing slightly better than I had expected however I had to cut it short mainly due to the BTS. Seismic singularities proved that they can be one of the best daily flips if you can afford to have that much wealth tied up most of the time. Over this week they settled around their old price, but by the end of the week had jumped another 100m each. Pity I hadn't seen that coming.

Date: 29th of July

89 - Ahrim's Wand - 675,000gp - 1.08%
Bought during the day and sold overnight. Not the biggest margin as the price was pretty steady around the ge price, but between an investment and an overnight singularity flip a lot of my cash was tied up making this an all right side flip.
Spoiler:

90 - Seismic Singularity - 8,000,000gp - 1.45%
I put a lowball offer in which bought at the quiet time of day when less players are online and the sold it overnight (for me) when most players are online. At these times for many items you find the highest and lowest prices over the course of the day. Instead of aiming for a 10m margin like previously I only aimed at 8 as the price seems to be more stable now.
Spoiler:

91 - Dragon Bolt (e) - 374,985gp - 2.29%*
Tried out one of my very old, pre-eoc bulk flips. So much slower now that there are other, better and just as cheap bolts to use. Probably took a day and a half to buy and most of a day to sell, so still reasonable for a low wealth inactive.
Spoiler:

92 - Seismic Singularity - 7,000,000gp - 1.28%
Again lowballed during the quite part of the day and tried again for the 8m margin, but after about an hour I realized I had put too much into some short term investments and wanted to free up this capital so I lowered 1m and it sold within another hour.
Spoiler:

93 - Ragefire Boots - 1,260,000gp - 2.21%*
Found an unusually large margin on these and I say unusual only because the price was so close to the ge price. They bought fairly quick but took about 4 hours to sell suggesting they had just started to fall.
Spoiler:

The days review - I think I've got the hang of the daily swing on seismics, although their will be times when I don't get my lowball offers. The main thing I need to keep an eye on is anything that would make them crash, but by buying them during the quiet time which is my daytime I have more of a chance to deal with a sudden drop and if I'm worried at all I will dump it before bed.

Date: 30th of July

94 - Gnome Scarf - 900,000gp - 1.78%*
Didn't get on until really late and found this overnight sale had sold. Not much to say, but it's a stable item that still has a decent demand.
Spoiler:

Date: 31st of July

95 - Seismic Singularity - 6,000,000gp - 1.1%
Bought during the quiet period yesterday and sold late at night as more people logged in.The price seemed to be very stable for the last few days so I shrank the margin again. If I had held it longer I probably could have gotten more as it seems these have actually risen 5m today since I couldn't get one as cheap as before during the dead time.
Spoiler:

96 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 585,000gp - 2.75%*
Once an active flip they are more inactive now days yet still not a slow flip. This took about 2 hours to buy and sell. The fact that it sold so fast is probably due to the fact that both the pc high and low were over the GE price meaning that it was on the rise.
Spoiler:

97 - Glaiven Boots - 900,000gp - 1.72%*
Trading below ge and so falling, these bought within about an hour and sold over the next 3. By buying very close to the pc low and selling a good 25k under the high made this a fairly easy flip to complete and lowered the chance of being undercut.
Spoiler:

98 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 1,800,000gp - 1.81%
Bought 8 of these the previous day and went to bed waiting for the last one to buy. Pretty much just forgot about the flip, since the last hadn't bought meaning the price should have risen slightly. When the last did buy late in the day I re-pcd them and found they had gone up a little, which probably almost doubled the profit I was expecting when I first started the flip.
Spoiler:

99 - Steadfast Boots - 7,128,902gp - 2.98% - 2 Day Investment
Not a great investment by any means, but I didn't really have high hopes for it. The item has been steadily falling for some time now and since I caught it at the turning point for a small rise I decided to swing trade it for a short investment. Unfortunately it didn't have much steam and I felt it was better to sell since my pc was very close to the ge price today, suggesting a turn back down.
Spoiler:

The days review - Not a bad day overall. I flipped many of my usual flips and a couple I've retried successfully recently today. It is a pity I put that cash into the steadfast investment, because at the time I had a singularity I needed to sell which left me very little to invest in another item that is doing very well. You'll see what I mean in a day or 2 by my reckoning. Other than that overnight flips are extending margins nicely of late and I probably should do more.

Date: 1st of August

100 - Zuriel's Robe Top - 1,800,000gp - 85.71%*
Only got 3 of these overnight but with such a big margin I didn't mind much. 2 sold within a few hours but the last stayed waiting for about 4 days. It wasn't much of a prob on this account as I rarely need all the ge spaces and it was such a small amount tied up that I could afford to just wait it out.
Spoiler:

101 - Saradomin Godsword - 34,400,000gp - 14.74% - 4 Day Investment
By flipping these almost daily I kept my eye on them waiting for this rise. Because they had stopped dropping I knew it was time to buy before the next rise which happened so fast I couldn't get a full limit with 2 tries at buying. I didn't push for more as I had too much cash tied up in other things and wanted to keep enough to flip my usuals with. From the daily price changes that got bigger each day I thought I had one more day to wait before selling for the best price, but the bts killed that idea. With Ziliyana kills being added to the seasonal highscores ppl are going to camp that boss this month that drops sgs hilts and therefore flood the market some. Knowing this many ppl started dumping their swords to buy back later at a cheaper price and so I had to sell a day sooner than planned.
Spoiler:

The days review - With the bts coming out and almost ruining my investment, I still came out of it nicely. However if I had sold a few hours earlier I would have made 40m+ from that investment, which just proves that investing around the end of the month can be very risky because of what may be in the coming news updates.

Date: 2nd of August

102 - Seismic Singularity - 8,000,000gp - 1.44%
After not being able to lowball one of these during the quiet period of the day due to the fact that its been rising, I put a buy offer in about 4m below the high price as a 4m flip with these seems to be about the normal margin you get without stretching it for more. After it bought that high rose 5m and then dropped 1m so I tried to get the extra 4m which I eventually did after about 4 hours.
Spoiler:

103 - War Tortoise Pouch - 1,624,675gp - 2.54%
Bought these overnight and sold over the course of the day. Turned out to be a nice inactive flip that I hadn't tried since before the eoc update. They have doubled in price since then and so I think the margins have increased a bit while the demand for them is still much the same. One of the few items that seems to have improved flipping wise since the introduction of eoc.
Spoiler:

104 - Black Mask (10) - 585,000gp - 6.95%*
Bought during the day on the 31st of July at a fairly low price, none had sold after the next day since I had forgotten about this flip. So I lowered it some making sure I would still profit and by the time I checked them on the 3rd day they had all sold. Demand for these is generally pretty low, but they still have a demand and do eventually sell, although normally faster than this time.
Spoiler:

105 - Royal Dragonhide - 3,587,500gp - 12.61%
I thought I'd put a reasonable offer in overnight and upon finding I had only bought half a limit the next day I knew prices had risen on me. After rechecking the price I found that while the margin was about the same the prices had jumped by about that amount and therefore doubled the profit on this flip. It barely took 2 hours to sell them all proving that these are on the rise.
Spoiler:

106 - Seismic Singularity - 8,000,000gp - 1.45%
The fc's high price had been sitting at 560m for a fair few hours so I put a more extreme lowball offer in, not thinking I'd get it however when I checked a few hours later it had indeed bought. The fc price hadn't changed in that time so I simply tried to sell at the high and to my surprise it was sold in about 20 minutes.
Spoiler:

The days review - The couple of high limit overnight flips I tried both worked very well, reminding me not to ignore these types of flips for my usual 10 limit items. While I will always stick with those, testing a larger range of items is wise specially when whole areas of the market can be effected by updates at times. The sing flips really made the day and since the margins have opened up a bit more I would believe that they should rise a little soon.

Date: 3rd of August

107 - Corrupt Dragon Battleaxe - 640,000gp - 26.23%*
This is an old f2p item that I haven't flipped in a very long time. Last time I did they were worth around 1m and not the current ~350k, but it still worked out worth the effort. Bought during the day and sold overnight, they seem to be just as fast as in the past with similar margins also. For low wealth and f2p flippers this should be a go to item.
Spoiler:

108 - Vesta's Longsword - 1,998,652gp - 10.2%
Put this buy offer in within the pc prices and left it for a couple days hoping to get more than 2. But since it had stopped buying and I wanted to free up the money/ge space I put them in to sell with about a 500k margin. They sold instantly for way more than my offer which is the reason why I couldn't buy anymore, so for something I just wanted to dump for space it made a surprising profit.
Spoiler:

The days review - Not much time today so just tried to clear up some space and set up some overnights.

Date: 4th of August

109 - Ascension Crossbow - 4,000,000gp - 0.73%
Bought the day before as they seemed a bit on the low side, but continued to drop over the day. Even though they had dropped more I expected them to recover like they have recently so I put them in to sell overnight at a reasonable price. By the time I checked them they had risen more than I'd expected, but at least I had made my profit.
Spoiler:

110 - Seismic Singularity - 5,112,006gp - 0.81%
After having risen by a large amount I put a very low offer in overnight incase of a drop back, which happened. I aimed at about 25m below the high price at the time and found it had dropped below that  overnight and was rising again pretty quickly. Being still groggy and half asleep I acted a bit to fast when putting the sell offer in. I originally figured I should be able to get 10m out of the flip, but in the morning the high price was 5m over my buy price and a reported instant sell at that price was conflicted with. Instead of waiting I put it on at that price and it sold instant. Instant sells on items like this always feel like a failure as I know I could have squeezed another 5m from the flip and probably still sold it within an hour.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just a couple of overnight flips, both of which I could have pushed for more on. Time has been against me this week and I would like to have pushed some more, but just wasn't able to.

Last edited by Billious on 4/8/2013, 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 8/7/2013, 7:34 pm

Nice looking Smile If you continue this and keep with explaining everything, this is going to be one hell of a popular log. Nice work friend.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 9/7/2013, 1:36 pm

This look extremely interesting. I'll make sure I check this often Smile
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri 9/7/2013, 3:02 pm

This is some crazy profit for just one day. I'll keep watching this thread also. Smile
Good luck in future!
Lauri
Lauri
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 14/7/2013, 5:27 pm

The first week is posted. If it wasn't for the seismic gear it would have been an ordinary week tbh. But I took what I could manage.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 14/7/2013, 5:44 pm

Nice job on the seismic gear. That's a neat idea having each one have to earn its own money. Ill keep an eye out to see how this goes. Looking forward to see how long it takes for you to reach 1b on the other account.

Good luck! Smile

FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Master N Commander 14/7/2013, 5:48 pm

This is so epic.. I am left Speechless. I hope one day I can have as much money as you Neutral 
Master N Commander
Master N Commander
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 22/7/2013, 5:38 am

Second week posted. A much more normal week with no extreme profits and a bit of testing out old items which worked. They were pretty slow though in the end.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Herblore 22/7/2013, 5:47 am

Nice log and a few nice flips/merchs Smile
Herblore
Herblore
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 7/8/2013, 12:53 pm

Great educational value with your merch diary and I find has been improving each week, I find though that you do a lot of the same flips weekly Razz Not really bad, I know you have experimented a lot with other items and such Smile It's always hard to give feedback to merchanting related things to you, as you do pretty much all the right things. But here are two item suggestions just for shits and giggles I love you

- Infinity Robe Set
- Super Restore Flask (6)
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Carney Corp 7/8/2013, 10:54 pm

Thanks for your time in putting up this flipping log. Probably my favorite one on these forums.
Carney Corp
Carney Corp
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 12/8/2013, 5:00 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank:
Ending Total Merchantable Bank:

Weekly summary - Managed to catch a few items just as they began to rise, however they were all on downward trends making investments in them less of a good idea as they all dropped too shortly after the initial rises. Not so much luck on the high wealth end of things, but the med to low wealth flips showed that they can be just as useful and make just as much in the same amount of time.

Date: 7th of August

111 - Seismic Singularity - 5,000,000 gp - 0.78%
This item had been stable for a day or 2 so I aimed at a smaller margin for them. Shortly after buying it dropped a little which is not unusual and so I had to wait it out for a day until it sold.
Spoiler:

112 - Ascension Crossbow - 4,000,000 gp - 0.7%
These have been bouncing between the mid 270's up to the low 290's and so although it was fairly high I thought I'd have enough time to flip these before they fell again. Unfortunately they dipped shortly after buying them and so I had to wait it out for a day as they didn't drop all the way to the 270's.
Spoiler:

113 - Corrupt Statius's Warhammer - 1,250,000 gp - 14.29%*
After only getting 5 of these overnight I put them on to sell while they still had such a large margin. 2 sold within a day, but I just left the offer in as I didn't use the acc for a few days. Finally after 5 days the last had sold. Not the best way to do things, but it worked in the end.
Spoiler:

114 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 675,000 gp - 2.94%*
An overnight buy that sold within a couple of hours. These still make nice low wealth flips even though their demand has dropped a lot since eoc. I guess it can still lower the need for banking on slayer trips for lower level players and therefore still has some demand.
Spoiler:

115 - Ragefire Boots - 1,035,000 gp - 1.9%
Still a nice go to flip with a reasonable speed of a few hours which is why I did it.
Spoiler:

116 - Dragonfire Shield (Magic) - 1,800,000 gp - 15.09%*
With the low slightly below ge price and the high way above it was obvious that this item had just started to rise. If you can catch items at this time you find that margins are pretty large, but shrink fairly quickly. People prefer to flip rising items and therefore undercut each other which explains why margins shrink over time, but if you catch it early the graphs still show it as falling an so many avoid flipping items at that stage. Tbh falling items have the biggest margins and so many ppl miss those opportunities.
Spoiler:

117 - Morchella Mushroom - 3,964,800 gp - 16.15%*
I had intended to make this a short term investment, however things didn't turn out that way. After looking at the graph I saw it was close to the resistance level and should bounce in about a day and so I put an offer in early to buy at a reasonably low price. When I checked it the next day I hadn't managed to get a full limit and after checking the price I found it was already trading at my planned sell price. Knowing I wouldn't get anymore I removed the buy offer and put it on to sell, which it did after about 6 hours. So my planned short term investment turned into a very nice overnight flip.
Spoiler:

The days review - While the high wealth flips look impressive, the low wealth flips made nearly as much and in general took much less time. This goes to show that the high wealth flips are often not the most efficient way to profit and when you consider they come with higher risk, they should be avoided more often than most people do.

Date: 8th of August

118 - Glaiven Boots - 1,350,000 gp - 2.55%
Another item I caught just as it started to rise except this time it stalled while selling. Knowing it had only just started to rise it didn't worry me that I was being undercut as I figured the price would still rise overall and my sale would complete which it did.
Spoiler:

119 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 1,800,000 gp - 1.63%
One of my usual flips which took a day to sell. Not sure if it had completed earlier as I didn't log in and check like I usually would, but with such a large margin I suspect it needed most of that time.
Spoiler:

120 - Dragon Crossbow - 6,100,016 gp - 4.9%
Found a massive margin on these a few days back and after buying overnight I put them on to sell in the morning hoping the margin wouldn't dry up on me. 4 sold that day but I left the offer in hoping the last 2 would eventually sell, but when they didn't after about 4 days I put the last 2 on at 20m and instantly sold them to free up the space. Probably could have made a little more, but I didn't think it would really be worth pcing again and cutting into the profit already made.
Spoiler:

The days review - Didn't spend much time ingame today and just focused on cleaning up a little. Wasn't really in the mood to merch so it was just checking some overnight sales.

Date: 9th of August

121 - Ahrim's Book of Magic - 1,575,000 gp - 1.27%
An overnight buy followed by an overnight sale. The fact that these have a market and yet not a huge demand often means prices don't change by huge amounts and therefore you can take more time flipping them.
Spoiler:

Date: 10th of August

122 - Dragon Pickaxe - 1,260,000 gp - 1.23%
Bought yesterday and sold overnight, these have started to rise a little giving decent margins, but I was probably a little late to invest in them.
Spoiler:

123 - Ragefire Boots - 1,125,000 gp - 2.01%
Found an unusually large margin on this item that had already been rising for a couple of days. But by being patient and leaving it to sell for a day I managed to get the original margin with ease.
Spoiler:

124 - Steadfast Boots - 1,350,000 gp - 0.98%
I found this was trading on either side of the ge price and so thought they were finally on the rise. But after several hours of none selling I lowered the price and they eventually sold. As it turned out from looking at the graph these almost stopped falling only to increase in speed falling again the next day. Guess I was lucky to get the margin I did.
Spoiler:

The days review - Due to not having much time lately I've just been setting up overnight buys and leaving them to sell all the next day. So by sticking to some of my usual flips I've been playing it safe on these longer type flips.

Date: 11th of August

125 - Saradomin Godsword - 4,500,000 gp - 1.49%
A bit of a freak flip with this one. When I originally checked the prices of these they were trading about 1.5m below the ge and took about a day to buy. Since it took so long to buy I thought that maybe it rose a little then tanked on me so to be sure I rechecked the price before selling only to find the low had indeed risen a few hundred k. This gave me the chance to sell over the day for a much larger margin than I had anticipated.
Spoiler:

126 - Barrows - Dharok's Set - 1,260,000 gp - 7.98%
While many barrows sets are low wealth flips you can often make great margins on them. With the lower demand post eoc less people compete when flipping them nowdays opening up larger margins. While they used to be very active flips this one took about 5 hours, but was still very much worth the wait.
Spoiler:

The days review - Again no time to flip today, but I was very lucky with that freak sgs flip. Overall it seems to be on a downward trend and so large margins can be made, but this one was unpredictable due to how long it took.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 13/8/2013, 12:05 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.9b / 123m*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 2b / 128m*

Weekly summary - I really spent the week focusing on party hats and learning how their prices are changing, when to buy and how to go about flipping them. Although I made 40m flipping them during the week I misread the time to buy on a red and was stuck hoping it would rise for 2 days. In the end I had to sell it and free up my cash for a 40m loss. After looking back at all my phat flips including this one, I think that until I have a better idea of their price movements I should aim for much lower margins and make them quick flips. This will reduce the chance of loses, give a good profit if I can keep them turning over fast and give me a chance to learn more about their price changes.

Date: 13th of August

127 - Onyx - 550,000 gp - 1.71%
Not a commonly traded item, but I thought I'd try my luck with a slow flip. These had a very nice margin, but I knew it would be difficult to get a full limit of them. I left the buy offer in for a day and a half or so, but needed to free up some cash so I canceled the offer and put them on to sell at my original pc's high. It didn't take them that long to sell, still a few hours, so I guess I caught them rising a little.
Spoiler:

128 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 4,275,000 gp - 3.92%
Found an extreme margin of about 600k each on these which is incredibly rare. It was not long after a ge update and for some reason they started to rise in a big way. The low was about 600k over ge price so this was a huge swing on the previously falling item. I think the margin was mainly due to the change in direction and the fact that the ge had only recently updated, since the graph doesn't look that spectacular.
Spoiler:

129 - Seismic Singularity - 9,000,000 gp - 1.03%
This item had recently jumped over 200m in a day or so, but had settled a bit bouncing between 870m and 900m. I lowballed a bit and managed to get one fairly easily and while it was still bouncing a big way I aimed at about 25m+ profits. I didn't get that overnight, but it did rise a little so I lowered the sell by 1m every couple of hours until I was aiming at 19m profit. I left it in for another night but still no luck. So over the 3rd day I lowered it by 1m every few hours until it sold at the high price it had stayed for the whole day.
Spoiler:

130 - Steadfast Boots - 540,000 gp - 0.41%
Not the greatest margin on these, but with the bulk of my cash tied up in investments and the sing I just looked at it as a side flip. A small profit while focusing on other things is always nice.
Spoiler:

The days review - Not a huge day but still a good day. Couldn't get many flips done with so much of my cash tied up in the sing and investments, but what I did flip did pretty well for it's selves. The Arma staff flip was a freak and I was just lucky to try it at the perfect time.

Date: 14th of August

131 - Corrupt Dragon Spear - 1,625,000 gp - 31.71%*
Bought 5 of these over the course of a day and with such a good margin I decided to sell them overnight so as to not miss out. Since these don't have a very high demand, but are still one of the best f2p weapons the margins don't change very fast. Being degradable and turning to dust after use means most non-members are reluctant to waste money on them except when pking or staking. Didn't check this flip until late the next day, but they sold without any problems.
Spoiler:

The days review - After managing to free up a lot of cash on my main and due to the fact that phats had recently crashed I spent the day trying to flip them. Since I hadn't been looking at them in a long time and due to the fact they had dropped a lot recently in price I was very cautious and aimed all my buys very low. Because of this I didn't actually buy any, but got a better feel about what they are doing. I should have more luck with them tomorrow.

Date: 15th of August

132 - Ragefire Boots - 1,120,000 gp - 2.52%
This was a bit of a side flip as I still have some cash tied up in an investment and the rest I wanted to use flipping phats. Bought overnight and only managed to get 7 I put them on to sell and the flip completed within 2 hours. These had only just started to rise a little which probably explains the margin.
Spoiler:

133 - Yellow Party Hat - 8,000,000 gp - 0.58%
My first phat flip in many months and it went pretty well. It took a couple of hours to buy as I was still very cautious. I started below the low price given and raised it 1m every 20 minutes until I got to the low price. I still couldn't get one so after every 30-40 minutes I'd raise the price 1m until I bought it 4m over the given low. Because it wasn't an instant buy and was higher than the fc's low I reported it so that it showed it was rising. This is not something I do very often, but it worked. I was about to lower the price 1m when after about 40 minutes it sold for a largr profit than I used to make on them (when they were below 1b).
Spoiler:

134 - Yellow Party Hat - 6,000,000 gp - 0.43%
Tried to repeat the last flip and managed to buy one within about 40 minutes. Shortly after I bought though someone reported a non-instant sell at 1395m. This changed the fc price from 1390s (low price) to 1395b (high price). I leaft the sell in for about 15 minutes just incase, but I figured I'd have to wait a long time to get 3m over the high price, so I lowered it and it sold within 30 minutes.
Spoiler:

135 - Dragon Hatchet - 585,000 gp - 1.73%
Another side flip with some spare change. Bought quickly, within 15 minutes and sold 7 within 30 minutes. Had to wait it out on the last 2 for about another hour, but these still make great flips for the price.
Spoiler:

136 - Purple Party Hat - 3,000,000 gp - 0.23%
I'd struggled and failed to even get one of these yesterday and today was a similar struggle. With the low price at 1320m I first tried to buy one slighly under this price, but had to raise the buy a couple of times until I bought it 2m over this price. I first aimed at a 6m margin with no luck so I lowered it to 5m. Then the fc's price changed to a high of 1324m and I struggled for about 4 hours to sell it until it finally went for 1325m. It seems there is a lot of competition flipping these and killing the margins, plus by the time of day I was flipping it there were a lot more players online than when I did my first yellow flip.
Spoiler:

The days review - Not a bad day getting back in the swing of flipping phats. Time of day seems to effect the margins a bit at least with the lower 2. I just need to keep an eye out for signs of rises to see if I can extend the margins more. Once my investment sells I will try the green and red to see if my luck holds out.

Date: 16th of August

137 - Yellow Party Hat - 4,000,000 gp - 0.29%
After struggling with the purple I decided to try another yellow flip before bed so I didn't aim for the bigger margins this time. The price did change on me after buying, but it was still enough to get a profit and so I sold at the new high price. The whole flip took about 2.5 hours.
Spoiler:

138 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 6,660,000 gp - 6.04%
Had a bit of money left over while flipping the yellow so I decided to take a look at these again. A few days ago I found a 600k margin but this time it was 800k. It seems most mage items have been doing strange things lately and I'm not sure why. But with a margin like this I wasn't going to bed until I had bought the limit. They sold overnight without a problem.
Spoiler:

139 - Zuriel's Robe Top - 2,000,000 gp - 50%*
Since this is such a cheap item and the prices don't change very fast I left a buy offer in for a whole day. Only managed to get 4 early on and so I must have been getting overcut. Once I put them in to sell they slowly trickled out for about 10 hours. Very slow flips, but considering the cost, profits and the fact I rarely need all the ge spaces on this account yet, it's well worth the effort.
Spoiler:

140 - Steadfast Boots - 1,950,000 gp - 1.96%
Tested the margins on these earlier in the day and the margins looked great. They stopped buying fairly quickly and after a couple of hours I decided to sell them before the margin disappeared. Luckily it hadn't in that time and they sold in under 2 hours.
Spoiler:

141 - Saradomin Godsword - 27,125,000 gp - 5.55% - 4 Days
From flipping these regularly I noticed the price rose a little while still trading under the ge price and the graph seemed to level out a little, making me believe they were on the rise. When I first tried to buy I only got 2 proving that the price was rising so I bought more slightly higher. I also tried flipping them while they were rising but the price changed that quick I could only get 3, so instead of selling them I decided to hold them to sell with the rest of the investment. My pc's from the 14th to the 16th were all over the ge price, but were all aroundthe same so I decided to sell them before they dropped on me. While todays graph update shows it rose slightly it was by very little and is a sign to sell, so I think I timed it right.
Spoiler:

142 - Green Party Hat - 15,000,000 gp - 0.91%
These had been a bit higher the last day and I thought they should get close to that again, but to be safe I put a very low offer in 10m below the high price. Surprisingly it bought within an hour and so I tried at first for a huge margin, but it dropped on me to below my buy price. I decided to just wait it out and after about 6 hours I started lowering the price. It did eventually bounce back past the high at the time I bought so I settled for that price as it was taking to long to have most of my bank tied up in this one flip.
Spoiler:

The days review - A pretty good day of just under 30m profits besides the investment. I'm still learning the average prices of phats atm and the best way to go about flipping them. The green flip was not the best since all that cash was tied up for about 9 hours so there is a bit of room for improvement there. I'm just glad it didn't take a turn for the worst during that time.

Date: 17th of August

143 - Ragefire Boots - 2,025,000 gp - 3.5%*
Caught these on the rise again with margins of 300k. It all went according to plan and the whole flip took about 3 hours.
Spoiler:

Date: 18th of August

144 - Black Mask (10) - 1,780,000 gp - 18.84%
Just a cheap side flip intended to be an overnight. They bought well during the day and 7 sold by the next morning. I left the offer in for another day, but had to sell the last 2 much cheaper, but still for a profit each.
Spoiler:

145 - Dragon 2h Sword - 2,322,472 gp - 34.6%
Found a very nice margin on these just before bed. The high was above ge but the low was way below it. I put the buy offer in and got a couple instant, but by the next day I was still 1 short of a full limit. With such a big magrin I thought it best to sell them before things changed too much and found they all sold within 10 minutes for the original high.
Spoiler:

146 - Ragefire Boots - 720,000 gp - 1.19%
Since I managed such a big margin on these yesterday I thought I'd try them again, but this time margins were more normal. Still this flip only took about 1.5 hours so it was worth doing as it was pretty quick.
Spoiler:

147 - Dragonfire Shield (Magic) - 1,575,000 gp - 14%*
The few times I've tried these I seem to get very nice margins for the cost and this time was no exception. Although it was about a 9 hour flip it was still very much worth doing and I may make this a commonly used side flip on my nub account.
Spoiler:

148 - Red Party Hat - 4,000,000 gp - 14%
Because I had been caught with one of these that dropped on me while I was trying for big margins I tried to make this a fast flip. While I took my time buying, aiming for such a small margin on an item this expensive meant it sold within 30 minutes.
Spoiler:

The days review - A pretty slow day overall that was mainly filled with low - medium wealth flips due to the fact that I was stuck with a red phat for 2 days. Still managed to make great margins on low wealth items but they did stretch out in time, reducing the number of flips that could be completed.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 22/9/2013, 4:17 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.7b / 130m?*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~1.7b / 145m

Date: 16th - 22nd of September

Weekly summary - Not a big week, but I'm pretty busy with so many things atm. Haven't flipped in a few weeks so it's just a matter of getting back into it. Even still  there were a few big flips that really didn't need a lot of gp to do. Still need to take another look at dragon scale dust and see if I can repeat that one.

Date: 16th of September

149 - Dragon Hatchet - 675,000 gp - 1.86%*
Not a bad margin for these. Bought fairly quickly but took about 4 hours to sell. I normally find them faster than this, but they have been bouncing around a lot lately.
Spoiler:

150 - Dragon Scale Dust - 4,499,550 gp - 29.03%*
Noticed these had been steadily rising for months and so figured they were worth a try. After finding a huge margin I went for it. Between knowing these are a slow flip and the fact they had been rising for so long I knew I could just wait it out. In the end it only took about 5 hours to flip which was a bit faster than I thought.
Spoiler:

The days review - Only the 2 flips done while training div today, but they were definitely worth the effort to stop in at the GE. Hadn't tried the scale before which turned out very nice. I've had phat flips make less on bad days so I have to remember to try them again.

Date: 19th of September

151 - Ganodermic Poncho - 450,000 gp - 2.25%*
Not the largest margin on these, but they are always a good quick flip. Done in under an hour and all went very smoothly.
Spoiler:

Date: 20th of September

152 - Mages' Book - 575,000 gp - 7.8%*
Found a rather nice margin on these as they seemed to be falling in price. It was getting pretty late last night so I just put what I had managed to get on to sell overnight before the margin dried up. By morning they were gone.
Spoiler:

153 - Dragon Pickaxe - 3,602,000 gp - 2.88%
Another item that has been all over the place lately. I haven't been able to confirm it yet, but there is a rumour about a new pick coming out that you can make from one of these. So all those ppl who have it added to their tool belt may need to buy another one if this update turns out to be true. Funniest part is this flip only took about 2 hours or less.
Spoiler:

154 - Saradomin Godsword - 1,575,000 gp - 0.47%
An overnight buy and about a 4 hour sell of one of my usual items. Nothing extremely special,but I caught the margin on small price swing up which gave me the ability to wait it out.
Spoiler:

155 - Barrows - Guthans Set - 2,025,000 gp - 6.08%*
Really not sure what's going on with these. They have been on a large rise for over a week now and are trading well over the ge price. Done in about 3 hours during the quiet part of the day player-wise. Because of the big rise and the time of day I think is the reason for such a large margin.
Spoiler:

156 - Gnome Scarf - 1,575,000 gp - 2.47%*
An overnight buy and all day sell. Since these have a low demand you can take your time with them without the price dropping on you often. A fav overnighter, this one took much longer than usual though.
Spoiler:

The days review - A pretty cruisey day of mainly inactives and plenty of div training. Dragon picks and guthans sets outperformed expectations for reasons that mainly seem to be rumour driven. Still I should keep an eye on them both.

Date: 21st of September

157 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 2,250,000 gp - 1.61%
About a 7 hour flip and well worth the wait. These have gotten slower over the last year but the margins have increased a little. Since I do so many inactive flips these are a main goto flip often.
Spoiler:

158 - Ragefire Boots - 1,975,000 gp - 3.78%*
Bought yesterday and left to sell overnight. Woke up this morning and I still had 2 left so I dropped them to an even 6m (25k lower) and they sold sometime in the next couple of hours. the large margin was due to a sudden jump in price so I guess my timing was a matter of luck.
Spoiler:

159 - Dragon Hatchet - 656,786 gp - 8.48%*
Found a 50k margin and thought it was small enough to make a quick flip. One bought instant a bit cheaper and so I was sure it wouldn't be long to buy. One more came in then nothing for hours. By the time I was about to sleep I figured I wouldn't get anymore and put them on to sell which happened instantly. During that big wait they had risen on me to make a decent flip for only 2 hatchets.
Spoiler:

160 - Glaiven Boots - 2,275,000 gp - 7.26%*
It seems that when ragefires rise so do glaivens. I stayed up late hoping to get a full limit, but it stalled on me so I put them on to sell and got some sleep. Not long after I woke up the last sold.
Spoiler:

The days review - Bit of a slow day but the profits were nice for the outlay. Somehow managed to catch most things on the rise which always makes buying slow, but looking at the profits I can't really complain.

Date: 22nd of September

161 - Gnome Scarf - 810,000 gp - 1.28%*
Another slow flip of these. I just like to have something ticking over slowly and these are great for that. Rarely any huge rises or falls, they are the perfect item to learn inactive flipping with.
Spoiler:

162 - Drygore Mace - 2,438,209 gp - 3.04%*
Hadn't flipped these in a while and they seem to be slowly rising atm. Given the price of 83b (the high price) by the fc "90weaps pc" I put an offer in to buy at 82m. After about 30 minutes I got one, but when I checked it I had only payed the ge price which was lower than my offer. This only happens with coinshare drops. It gets put on the ge and sells at ge price to the highest bidder. So a lucky snipe to finish the day with.
Spoiler:

The days review - Not much accomplished today. Still a lucky snipe is always nice. Have a very nice flip selling, but I'll probably need to drop it to sell the other half. Either way it should work out.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 23/10/2013, 6:04 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 690m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 710m

Weekly summary - Didn't do any flipping on the main acc this week, but I have been holding an extra 500m on my alt which has opened it up for multiple high wealth flips. Going to the usual flips within the available bank didn't turn out the best as all of them lagged this week. No losses, but then again nothing special either. The week was more of going through the paces to get used to flipping again after a bit of a break.

Date: 15th of October

163 - Rocktail Soup - 1,104,315 gp - 5.34%
Although the limit on these has been raised to 10k/4hrs flipping these are really slow. It all comes down to how they come into the game. While you can fish for rocktails all day to get a large supply, you can't do anything similar with the spices that also make these. You can possibly get 2 player owned port missions in a day of 30 spices each or you may go days without any of these missions, meaning you can never get huge supplies of this consumable. So with low supply comes large margins but very slow flips. After 1.5 days buying this took another day to sell what I had managed to get.
Spoiler:

Date: 17th of October

164 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 900,000 gp - 0.67%
Hadn't tried these in a couple months and the margin wasn't huge, but still nice for it's time. About an hour to buy and another to sell which all went smoothly within the pc'd margin for a decent margin in the end.
Spoiler:

165 - Steadfast Boots - 1,125,000 gp - 0.74%
Not sure why these were on the rise slightly along with the other glacor boots. It seems not everyone realizes that the stats of all these boots are the same and wearing the different type does not lower your accuracy. Only the shield, legs and chest slots will lower your accuracy if your wearing the wrong type for your attack style. Many high level players know this which is why they have halved in value the last few months, but they have been holding at this value and not leveling out to the price of the other boots, suggesting that not everyone is aware of this.
Spoiler:

166 - Saradomin Godsword - 1,725,000 gp - 0.93%
With the added bank on this acc I can flip these and the last 2 items at the same time and all 3 of them have the potential to make 1m+ profits in a reasonable time. These had started to rise with a buy price over 1.5m above ge price, with a large margin. Unfortunately the buy stalled during the day so after a couple hours of none buying I put what I had on to sell which took a little over 2.5 hours.
Spoiler:

167 - Zuriel's Robe Top - 1,200,000 gp - 57.14%
I often like to flip these even though they take a couple of days each time because they tie up very little of my bank and often make 1m+ profits. When pc'ing it I found the high was over ge price by a fair way but I could not instant sell at half that price. So I sold that one near the high and put an offer in at about half price. By the next morning 3 had bought, so knowing there would be some on the ge by then at a much better offer I canceled the sale and put them on to buy. After a few hours I lowered the price a little and they eventually sold.
Spoiler:

The days review - A bit of a play with my usual items today just to get back in the swing of things. 5m from 4 flips isn't bad even if the percentages weren't the best. I like to start with these items most days and if I get time try a few more irregular flips which I didn't really get to this time.

Date: 19th of October

168 - Tectonic Energy - 350,000 gp - 3.89%
This is a new low wealth item I've been playing with recently and it's probably my worst profit so far. These have a limit of 10/4hrs and if you use the pc margins as they are they tend to make active flips more often than not. The margins can also be stretched for those who are more patient. This time however I was aiming at a more active flip, but after selling for a couple of hours the last 2 had stalled and I ended up dumping them at my buy price.
Spoiler:

169 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 4,200,000 gp - 4.64%
Found a massive 700k margin on these yesterday and with the low being around ge price, it seemed these were on the rise. Only managed to get 6 overnight but I decided to sell what I had before the margin closed on me. Surprisingly the high hadn't dropped and these sold within about 3.5 hours.
Spoiler:

170 - Dragon Hatchet - 1,530,000 gp - 3.97%
Found a rather nice margin on these. It took an hour to buy and about 30 minutes to sell which is fairly fast on this item these days. The margin wasn't unusual even though it was on the large side.
Spoiler:

171 - Glaiven Boots - 490,000 gp - 1.18%
Now the cheapest of the glacor boots, this was a pretty standard margin now days. These bought within about an hour and I left it for a couple more hours hoping to get the last 2 of the limit however it seems I was overcut. Once I gave up on the buying these sold within 30 minutes.
Spoiler:

172 - Gnome Scarf - 2,650,000 gp - 3.66%
After recently going through a large rise due to a misinformed rumour that they would become discontinued, I found them on a slow fall.  Falling items tend to have bigger margins and with these demand is never really high so price changes are slow at the best of times. After buying for 24 hours, most sold at the original margin within about 6 hours. The ge had updated in this time so I lowered the price on the last which sold within an hour.
Spoiler:

The days review - A few standard cheaper flips today with the exception of the arma stalves overnight. These made the day purely by catching the short sudden rise. Already the margins are shrinking from the high price and so I expect them to fall tomorow.

Date: 20th of October

173 - Saradomin Godsword - 3,000,000 gp - 1.5%
A fairly odd flip of these as their dynamic seems to have been changing lately, with the graphs turning into step graphs from the more fluid graphs of commonly traded items. Started on the 18th when they had suddenly jumped ~3m overnight, I put an overnight offer in thinking they should continue to rise. By the next day only 5 had bought and the high had risen 200k, the low 300k so I put them on to sell. 2 had sold in 6 hours so I lowered the price and left them in overnight again. Out of curiosity I checked them after they had sold to find they were back down to the price on the 18th and falling.
Spoiler:

174 - Dragon Hatchet - 1,000,000 gp - 2.34%
After the limit on these reset yesterday I tried using the same margins on them, they all bought quickly, but wouldn't sell at the old price. After a couple of hours I lowered it and they sold within about 2 hours.
Spoiler:

175 - Ragefire Boots - 540,000 gp - 0.98%
A simple overnight flip with a standard margin. Nothing special, just using the pc'd margins from the 19th which sold easily overnight.
Spoiler:

176 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 1,375,000 gp - 1.81%
The buy stalled and I gave up on it after about 6 hours, trying to get more flips finished by the end of the day. They sold within 20 minutes at the pc'd high, so at that speed I assume they are still rising slightly.
Spoiler:

The days review - Such a slow day today. Every flip I tried in the last 2 days stalled and took forever. Profits weren't bad, but the use of ge space and the time taken weren't the best at all.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 11/11/2013, 12:16 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~210m / ~1.52b*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~230m / ~1.54b*

Weekly summary - I really enjoyed playing with low wealth flips this week. So many items I've never tried or haven't done in months and they all turned out nicely. No real raging big profits but a nice steady income for most days and the bulk of it came from items below 10m in costs. It just goes to show no matter how much you have you should never give up on flipping low wealth items completely.

Date: 5th of Nov

177 - Dragon Hatchet - 495,000 gp - 1.4%
Not really a big margin for these, but they make nice steady flips. Completed in about 1.5 hours made this a fairly quick flip for decent profit. While they are falling in price it is not a big drop and therefore only made average margins.
Spoiler:

178 - Static Gloves - 1,710,000 gp - 1.02%*
Although I hadn't flipped these in a couple of months I thought I'd give them a go as they can make nice slow flips. I was surprised though when they bought within 2 hours and sold within another 2 hours. For me these normally take over a day to flip and so I was quite pleased with the result.
Spoiler:

179 - Ahrim's Book of Magic - 800,000 gp - 2.53%*
I normally like to do these overnight and buy a couple of limits (5/4hr) worth of them. This time I just aimed at one limits as it was early in the morning and I only had a small amount of gp left not tied up in other flips on this account. Doing the single limit only took 2 hours and made the nice profits they are know for.
Spoiler:

The days review - Note a big day by any means but at the moment I'm just trying to keep the ge ticking over. While I'm not looking at very expensive items, I feel it's time to explore the cheaper items, many of which I haven't done in a long time or have never tried. Will be interesting to see how this week goes.

Date: 6th of Nov

180 - Armadyl Godsword - 1,125,000 gp - 2.43%
Haven't tried these in over a year and since I'm not even close to flipping sgs on this account I thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did as they do make great profits for their cost. I bought these before bed and sold them overnight, so I'm not sure how slow they have become, but they bought within 30 minutes so I should really try these again during the day sometime.
Spoiler:

181 - Gnome Scarf - 1,650,000 gp - 4.38%
An all time favourite flip of mine on any account that can afford it. Unfortunately this time after trying to buy for about 16 hours I gave up. This shows that it is on the rise so I added about 20k to my sell price and they went in about 10 minutes. Just goes to show I could have pushed for more.
Spoiler:

182 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 810,000 gp - 0.59%*
Haven't done much on my main since getting comp cape back, so I logged in to do a couple of the usual flips. Not a great margin for these but still worth doing, specially since I wasn't going to be too active. It took about 4 hours which is about average time wise.
Spoiler:

183 - Dragon Hatchet - 630,000 gp - 1.75%
These have been stable lately which is when margins are smaller. As you can see they have a nice margin for a stable item, so look out for when they are rising/crashing as margins can double easily.
Spoiler:

The days review - 4m from 4 flips today so not a bad effort considering the costs. While I have been experimenting more of recent, today was more of my usual flips which tick over good profits constantly for me.

Date: 7th of Nov

184 - Dragon 2h Sword - 630,000 gp - 5.81%
An item I don't try all that often and yet average profits compare with much more expensive things. For an item which costs little over 1m each, 50-100k margins are large, but these get them often. They just take a little patience is all. This flip took about 3 hours.
Spoiler:

185 - Gnome Scarf - 560,000 gp - 2.22%
Still on the rise and I really should have adjusted for it. While I normally would buy overnight, this time I was up early and after getting 4 in the first hour I got none in the next couple, so just decided to sell. Again I put them on to sell higher than my pc high and they were gone within 30 minutes.
Spoiler:

186 - Steadfast Boots - 875,000 gp - 1.09%*
Left this buy in for about 24 hours until I gave up buying. Again I caught an item on the rise slightly and it only took about 25 minutes to sell for the original margin. Since it didn't instantly sell I suspect that the high didn't rise by much and I was just overcut while buying.
Spoiler:

187 - Barrows - Guthans Set - 2,385,000 gp - 7.95%
Over the last few months these have become my favourite barrows set as they are a cheap alternative to using an sgs to get some life points back while training slayer. I tested these early in the morning and found a 300k margin on each. The limit bought within 5 minutes which worried me a little, but as they were over the ge price I simply waited it out at my pc high. It did take about 12 hours to sell, but I think it was worth the wait considering the cost.
Spoiler:

The days review - Another day of over 4m profits from flipping with ~200m which isn't a bad effort. 2% increase in bank a day is good but ofcourse this can be improved greatly by doing some slower inactives. But by doing that a large chunk of the bank available can sometimes get tied up for days.

Date: 8th of Nov

188 - Offhand Ascension Crossbow - 4,500,000 gp - 1%*
Noticed these have been recovering a little from a 30m drop recently which was probably due to the Vorago cycle. They rose about 10m then dropped 5m and so I figured that they were slowly rising but hit a little resistance, making a good time to buy. I bought both at the low price within about 30 minutes, put them on to sell at 1% profit and simply waited for them to rise again which they did after about 7 hours.
Spoiler:

189 - Gnome Scarf - 500,000 gp - 1.98%
I simply can't get away from scarves. With little over a 100k margin on each I thought these were settling on their rise, but it seems not to be the case. Again only got half the limit after 24 hours, but this time when I put them on to sell at my high they instant sold for more, so again there is room for improvement.
Spoiler:

190 - Raw Rocktail - 599,970 gp - 1.05%
Since I normally stick to items with a limit of 10 I thought I'd try a bulk limit item for a change. Not the greatest of flips, but I always aim at over 1% profit which these managed to do. About 12 hours to buy and 12 hours to sell it did make for a very slow flip, however I do think if you catch this item at the right time you could potentially double this profit.
Spoiler:

191 - Barrows - Karils Set - 432,000 gp - 2.09%
Since I have been flipping Guthans recently I figured I should try some of the other barrows sets. Since Karils is a cheap range armour at the same level as Armadyl I figured there was a good demand for these which turns out to be true. Good profits for the cost and the speed wasn't bad either with the whole flip taking about 4 hours.
Spoiler:

The days review - Without the one flip on my main account this would have been a very ordinary day as not much wealth was risked to make much. Sure the profits were good for the costs but much more could have been made from the bank available. However a fair few flips are waiting overnight to sell so maybe tomorow will make up for today.

Date: 9th of Nov

192 - Barrows - Guthans Set - 1,575,000 gp - 5.34%
Bought early yesterday morning, these decided to take their time selling on me again but by being patient they did make a great flip yet again. Barrows sets have always been good flipping but they do take longer now than in the past. I do think however that these are the best of them for pure profit per flip.
Spoiler:

193 - Ganodermic Poncho - 540,000 gp - 2.52%
An old favourite revisited after a long absence. Although it did take a couple of hours to buy they sold overnight nicely for what used to be pretty standard profits. Looking back over a year ago they really haven't changed in price and so this shows their demand has stayed pretty constant. Might be worth trying some of the other parts to the set if your bank isn't great.
Spoiler:

194 - Armadyl Battlestaff - 3,188,927 gp - 4.38%*
The 400k margin should have given away the fact that these were about to rise in a big way and so I probably should have bought at a higher price. The thing is that lately this has happened but the rise was only a single day before they started to drop again so I was cautious. half the limit bought overnight and 3 sold instantly this morning with the other 2 selling in about 3 minutes. Sure potentially more could have been made from this but money in my pocket is better than items stuck on the exchange, so playing safe is sometimes the best approach.
Spoiler:

195 - Raw Rocktail - 454,368 gp - 1.68%
A second attempt on these did make a better percentage but it took way too long and I barely managed to get half the limit (20k/4hrs). After over a full day of trying to buy they still took another day to sell. This makes me think that I probably stretched the margin both ways by a bit too much. I still think the item has potential though and maybe my timing was off.
Spoiler:

196 - Ragefire Boots - 595,071 gp - 1.03%
Found a fairly standard margin on these, which at times can be much more. At this time they were too stable for anything really big but they do turn over well and with a few items like these you can have a pretty decent day flipping without much effort.
Spoiler:

197 - Torva Boots - 500,000 gp - 2.87%
Never really tried Nex boots before but many mentees recommend them so I thought I'd test them out. I was in the Nex and SS fc anyway trying to flip wands on my main but I noticed torva was rising in general so I put a higher offer in than I normally would. The price given was 17-18m and offer bought within 10 minutes, which took another 20 minutes to sell. Probably could have bought cheaper if I waited it out but this turned out to be a very nice active flip.
Spoiler:

198 - Teleport to House - 1,024,000 gp - 51.85%
While still experimenting with low wealth items I decided to try probably the most popular tele tab. While they took a few hours to buy throughout the day they sold in under an hour and made a huge profit for the costs. I'm sure they won't always be this good, but it is a flip worth checking very often.
Spoiler:

The days review - Over 7m made for the day and a few items I've never tried before that all did great for the costs. I have really enjoyed testing out so many low wealth items as it shows what can be made with very little and that you can make more than many high wealth items normally do. Of course the high wealth items tend to flip faster and if you get them at the right time then they do make more. However no flipper should ignore low wealth flips entirely.

Date: 10th of Nov

199 - Chitin Scraps - 980,000 gp - 17.31%
Bought these yesterday and left them in to sell overnight. A brand new item to me and very cheap so wort testing. The high limit of 20k/4hrs means even a small margin can make great profits and seeing as high level players use them to repair their drygores they often instant buy what they need being the richer of the player population. This means big margins are more likely, you just have to wait them out.
Spoiler:

200 - Virtus Wand - 10,950,000 gp - 1.97%*
I was looking for a high wealth flip to do on my main and really haven't been following phats enough lately to make a decent effort of it. I did find these were rising slowly and the price given in Nex and SS had a 2m range. From this I figured I could make a 1% flip if I bought at the low end of the range. In about 30 minutes I bought 3/5 but the low rose on me. I left the offer in overnight hoping for more, but by the next day they had rose even more meaning I wouldn't get more at that price. I put them on to sell 300k below the high given by the fc and was surprised when they all sold at once within 30 minutes.
Spoiler:

201 - Dragon Pickaxe - 565,007 gp - 0.97%
Tried buying overnight but got overcut at some stage and only got 4. Since they seemed to be rising I rounded up my high price to get another 40k each out of them and 1 sold instantly of an extra 7gp lol. This showed me I hadn't raised it too much and the rest sold within about 20 minutes.
Spoiler:

202 - Tai Bwo Wannai Teleport - 798,100 gp - 2,300%
Since the introduction of the loadstone at Karamja I figured the demand for these would be very low, but still wanted to try them. With my pc I bought one slightly over the ge price so I new they still had value, but couldn't sell it even for 50gp instantly. I put it on at the high price and it did sell over time, so I put a lowball offer in for 1k at 100gp each and left it for a day to see what I could get. Nearly 350 bought by the next day and they all sold at the pc'd high price minus about 50gp within 2 hours. Some items you can lowball at almost any price at times and this seems to be one of them.
Spoiler:

The days review - A couple of lovely low wealth flips to add to my flipping list of items today. I really like how many of these cheap flips are working out. Of course I can't go passed the virt wand flip either as the timing was right to semi invest in these for a day. Still wish I'd managed to buy more of them, but I can't complain.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 18/11/2013, 5:32 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: ~210m (+500m Thurs) / ~1.5b*
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: ~780m / 1.55b*

Weekly summary - Close to 140m made this week, however I did lose 50m trying out one of the new shields which is a shame. The bulk of this came after the barrows update in which many people needed ascension crossbows and so rapidly drove the price up. Spending 2 days just flipping these on 2 accounts was so much fun due to extreme margins that updates often cause. In this case I'm sure I made more flipping than I would have made short term investing in these and by actively flipping them (watching the flips as not all were active time-wise) I managed to avoid a lot of the risk.

Date: 11th of Nov

203 - Virtus Book - 4,000,000 gp - 1.11%*
Bought yesterday using the prices from nex and ss fc, I managed to buy them 200k each under their price (72-73m) in a couple of hours. One sold fairly quickly for 800k profit but the sale then stalled. Since the fc price hadn't moved in over a day I left them in overnight and by morning they had sold. This is one of a handful of items with a limit of 5, so being high wealth they can make some great flips.
Spoiler:

204 - Pernix Boots - 686,804 gp - 7%
Bought yesterday afternoon, the fc price was 10m+ but when I put the offer in of 9.9m I got it instantly for less. Since it's such a cheap item now I didn't worry much about it and left it in to sell overnight. It sold by morning, but by being such a slow flip I might not bother with pernix boots again.
Spoiler:

205 - Potato Cactus - 1,099,890 gp - 13.92%
Continuing on with last weeks low wealth experimentation, this item is looking like one worth trying daily for those low on funds. It has a limit of 10k/4hrs and is used with lantadyme, now one of the most expensive herbs to make magic pots. This suggests that it is in high demand for high levels training herblore and so margins can be pretty large. Bought yesterday and sold overnight, it isn't the fastest flip but should often have nice results.
Spoiler:

206 - Super Ranging Flask - 3,047,800 gp - 60.49%
When I pc'd this I found the low was extreme to say the least. It does happen with items that are traded less from time to time and I knew I had no chance of getting a full limit, but it was worth the try. After a day of buying I managed to get 1/3 of the limit which slowly sold around the ge price. Not the sort of flip that can be repeated often, but when they come up they are fun to follow.
Spoiler:

207 - Chitin Scraps - 519,974 gp - 8.75%
After yesterdays effort on these I think I'll try this flip often on the poorer accounts. Not often is a bulk limit item added to the game and this one really does have the demand to make it an active flip. Not as big a margin as the other day, it still bought in 10 minutes and sold in 20 making it a great go to flip at low wealth.
Spoiler:

208 - Steadfast Boots - 1,125,000 gp - 0.76%
Although these rarely get a 1% profit now days due to being pretty stable, it is really hard to pass up a 1m+ flip. Due to the steady profits you can get from these I still do them often even if the demand has dropped slowly over the last few months. Inactive by nature you can still flip them a couple of times each day.
Spoiler:

209 - Ahrims Book of Magic - 1,960,000 gp - 5.44%
One of the most popular mid - high level mage offhand weapons mainly due to it costing 7-10 times less than virtus and 100 times less than seismic. With a limit of 5/4hrs these make great flips often, but this time I seem to have caught them on the rise. Although it did take a few hours to fully flip, with almost a 2m profit from ~36m these are well worth doing often.
Spoiler:

210 - Astral Rune - 624,975 gp - 10.64%
It's been a very, very long time since I've tried these but thought I'd give them a go on an account with a very limited bank. With results more like an investment in size this flip may have taken 5 hours but it shows there is still life in flipping runes at times.
Spoiler:

211 - Armadyl Godsword - 2,025,000 gp - 4%
Another steady 4 hour flip of what once used to be the best GS on the market. Now days it's more a budget sword mainly used to speed up slayer missions for mid levels. Funny thing is the margins I've been getting on these lately are comparable to the SGS but at 1/7th the cost.
Spoiler:

212 - Santa Hat - 500,000 gp - 0.29%*
Flipped this for a guide I was making on flipping items with a limit of 2. Without using the fc I bought one high (like doing a normal pc), to get the sell price and sold it just under that. Since I have always found Santa hats to have about a 500k margin, I bought the 2nd of the limit for 500k under my sell price, then sold it at the high making my profit off of the 2nd hat. Using this technique the whole thing took about 20 minutes.
Spoiler:

213 - Santa Hat - 500,000 gp - 0.29%
Since I already had the price from the last flip I just had enough on another account to do these one at a time. Again it bought in only about 5 minutes and took about 15 to sell. So for the 2nd I tried to stretch my buy price another 50k. Since it had been a while since my original pc of it I joined R Quark fc only to find the price had dropped a bit and so I canceled the 2nd flip. I rarely flip these anymore mainly due to the low percentages you get for more risk than many other flips.
Spoiler:

The days review - 15-16m made in one day is a great effort. Being able to get so many flips done is mainly due to using more than one account and having a few flips on for sale overnight. Obviously I spent the whole day flipping with the amount that got done, but it does go to show you that you can make 100m a week IF you have the time. Plus with the release of bonds you can cover that cost in a very short time and continue to profit if using multiple accounts.

Date: 12th of November

214 - Sirenic Scale - 1,125,000 gp - 4.95%*
A fairly new item I've never tried and I was hoping it had a limit of 100 or so, but it looks like it's the same as tectonic energies. I found a massive margin on these and 9 bought in about 30 minutes, but because I waited to see if the limit was higher for about 2 hours the high dropped on me. After another couple of hours trying to sell at my high I lowered the price and left it in over night. By morning they had sold for a nice profit. I have a feeling these should be much more active like tectonic energies normally, but I'll have to try them again and find out for sure.
Spoiler:

215 - Seismic Singularity - 5,000,000 gp - 0.56%*
With a price given by the fc of 895b (b being the high price) I put an offer in to buy at 890m but it instant bought 3m lower. Since no one updated that price I tried to sell it at 896m, hoping for a 1% flip on these which I find rare now days. After a while the price changed to 890s (s being the low price) so I held out a few hours longer. That price didn't change for hours so to be safe I lowered it to sell overnight which it did.
Spoiler:

216 - Teleport to House - 484,515 gp - 19.36%
Still playing with low wealth flips on a poorer account I retried this flip from last week. This time it made half of my previous profits but for under 3m invested you really can't go far wrong. Bought last night they had sold by this morning, this is the sort of item you should flip if your starting from scratch, or close to scratch.
Spoiler:

The days review - Only a few overnights today as life gets a lot more busy. Still looking at these few flips you can make steady profits daily just by logging in twice and spending a few minutes setting up these type of inactive flips.

Date: 13th of November

217 - Super Ranging Flask (6) - 791,700 gp - 18.48%
After a 3m flip on 1/3 of a limit on these earlier in the week I really had to try them again. While not as good as the last flip and a lot longer this time I still am pleased with the result. While it took 2 days to sell this time from only half a day buying, slow flips like this do suit multi account flipping as you rarely use all the ge slots or play all the accounts every day.
Spoiler:

218 - Corrupt Dragon Spear - 816,000 gp - 15.09%
This f2p item has always had a low demand but always made nice inactive flips. Trading at half it's ge value puts off a lot of f2p merchants, but the thing is the prices for items like this are very slow to change due to the low demand. Although this took most of the day to flip, as is it's nature, it is still one of the better f2p flips. Funnily I made more from this flip than flipping a single Santa hat earlier in the week.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just the 2 inactives on the nub account today keeping things ticking over. I'm simply not focused on flipping at the moment, but even still I hate to have an empty ge so something is happening each day, just not much.

Date: 14th of November

218 - Ascension Crossbow - 2,400,000 gp - 1.02%
These had been hovering around the high 230's for a couple of days and so this seemed like a small dip in price before they bounced back to that. I bought them yesterday afternoon and figured I should get my 1% if I just wait it out at my price. I woke up this morning to find it sold, but the price had jumped 20m which I missed out on. The new Barrows Bros update came out last night so I guess this is what drove the price up so high. Funny thing is within a few hours it had dropped back 10m again.
Spoiler:

219 - Scrimshaw of Ranging - 740,000 gp - 134.14%
Another new item for me and when I saw it had a limit of 5 I figured it could make a unique low wealth flip. I never expected to find such a large margin on it, but since it has little demand and is so cheap I guess people just want to dump them to get rid of it or buy them as they are needed since they don't stack in the bank. It was pretty slow though taking a full day, but at that price I really can't complain.
Spoiler:

The days review - Again just a couple of overnights ticking over the ge. It was very interesting to see an update drive the price of ascension crossbows up but no other level 90 weapon. Then for them to drop so fast makes me wonder if they are actually useful against the new bosses at all. The big bonus though was I actually had 2 asc bows (bought for 500m) that tanked on me about 2 weeks ago which I left on the ge at 510m all that time sold due to the sudden rise. Pity I gave up on the pics for that one though.

Date: 15th of November

220 - Sirenic Scale - 2,610,000 gp - 7.86%
My 2nd try with this item and much like the first my limit bought 10 minutes after I pc'd it. I hadn't sold any in 10 minutes but left the computer to eat. By the time I came back they had all sold. These seem to flip very fast with nice margins much like tectonic energy, so if it's in your budget I'd highly recommend flipping these as often as you can right now.
Spoiler:

221 - Santa Hat - 1,000,000 gp - 0.58%
I spend the day on my main in R quark fc trying unsuccessfully to flip a green phat. Since I had just enough to flip a santa on my other account I thought I'd try to improve the effort from a few days ago. With the fc price given as 174.2b (b meaning the high price) I tried to buy very low which didn't as take long to buy as I had expected, maybe 10 minutes. I then put it on to sell below the high price as they have slowly been falling the last few days and within another 10 minutes the flip was completed.
Spoiler:

222 - Sirenic Scale - 3,000,000 gp - 8.19%*
Since the last of these had gone so well plus the fact the bulk of my bank was tied up in a phat flip, I used my last pc to flip the whole limit on my main account. This time the flip took about an hour but I managed to stretch the margin by another 25k each by buying lower. I can't recommend all these level 90 armour parts enough.
Spoiler:

223 - Tectonic Energy - 882,000 gp - 8.16%
The older of the level 90 armour parts and slightly cheaper, these still make great flips. Although this time it took much longer to sell as if I was stretching the margins, they are normally fast flips if you just use the pc margin. However margins can be stretched a fair way if you are going to be afk for a while so they can be adapted to suit your flipping style quite easily.
Spoiler:

224 - Santa Hat - 850,000 gp - 0.49%
Immediately after the previous santa flip I tried to repeat it using the same margin. This time instead of buying in 10 minutes it took about 3 hours, in which time the high price dropped 200k and so I had to lower my sell price, which took about 20 minutes. Still not a bad margin for this item.
Spoiler:

The days review - 8m from 5 flips and none of them overnights which is pretty good for that style of flipping. For anyone who can afford it please try out tectonic energy and sirenic scale since they flip fast and have big margins. If you prefer inactive/overnight flipping then simply stretch both the buy and sell a little to maximize the results.

Date: 16th of November

225 - Ascension Crossbow - 8,000,000 gp - 1.59%
Bought last night 1m below the low price of the fc "90weaps pc" after they had dropped a little from a 20m rise. I figured they should still go up a little and so a 4m margin each seemed fair, I put them in for that and went to bed. By morning they had jumped about 12m each and so I missed out on this one. Still waking up to 8m profit always puts me in a good mood.
Spoiler:

226 - Potato Cactus - 528,904 gp - 7.54%
Spent most of yesterday trying to get a full limit on these but gave up and put it on to sell before bed. By morning they had sold for a nice tidy profit for a low wealth item. Many of these very cheap flips are being done on an account used for drop parties and so I can't tie up much of the wealth or the ge slots on it. But it is the reason I've been playing with so many cheap flips lately.
Spoiler:

227 - Armadyl Godsword - 1,530,000 gp - 3.07%
Lately it seems out of all the godswords these have the best percentage profits. Or maybe it's just me since I normally only flip sgs's. Still I consistently make way over 1m each time I flip these so maybe I should stick to them. Bought last night they sold at my pc high price by morning.
Spoiler:

228 - Offhand Ascension Crossbow - 12,000,000 gp - 2.27%*
Since the price of both ascension crossbows have been bouncing around a lot on their way up due to the barrows brothers release, plus the fact I now have enough on the 2nd account to flip them I decided to focus on these today. I aim a couple mil below the low and so they take a bit of time to buy, but even though I put these on about 2m over the high they still sold in about 10 minutes.
Spoiler:

229 - Ascension Crossbow - 14,000,000 gp - 2.67%
This time the fc price was about 2m lower than the offhand so I managed to buy these lower than the last flip. It then took about 6 hours to sell 2m over the fc high price. I think this is due to the time of day as this was when there are the lowest amount of players online. So with less people trying out the barrows update the demand dropped off a bit.
Spoiler:

230 - Ascension Crossbow - 12,000,000 gp - 2.28%*
Bought in the middle of the quiet time explained above, these sold not long after the last flip. The low had raise 2m by the time I tried to buy on this account and so slightly less profit, but still so worth doing.
Spoiler:

231 - Miscellania Teleport - 1,716,480 gp - 257.14%
Flipped on the drop party account for the treasure trail merchant comp, I left this buy in for a few days, only getting about 100/day as it was such a low buy price. When it came time to sell I added 1k to my very old pc high and left it in to sell overnight which it did. The reason I could stretch the margins so much is that this item has a low demand and a very low supply as you can only get them from scroll clues.
Spoiler:

232 - Ascension Crossbow - 8,000,000 gp - 2.99%
My last flip before midnight. I put this offer in at about 7pm and got one pretty quickly but just couldn't get a 2nd at that price. After about 4 hours I decided to raise my buy, cancelling this offer and puttin it on to sell 2m over the high again. This one sold within about 40 minutes, while the 2nd didn't buy before midnight.
Spoiler:

The days review - Monster day flipping ascension crossbows while everyone is still trying out the barrows update. Looking at the prices of things I could also have gone virtus books as they have also risen about 20m each in the last 4 days, but the asc have been so good to me so far. The one thing that ruined the day was the discovery of the fc "90 gear pc" which covers all level 90 armour including the new shields. I tried flipping one of these shields buying 5m under the given low, but I had to dump it for a 40-50m loss. 12 hours later it had crashed 400m so at least I got out early.

Date: 17th of November

233 - Ascension Crossbow - 7,000,000 gp - 2.59%
Carrying on after midnight to take advantage of these still rising I had to raise the buy on this one by a mil to get it, which was still 5m below the fc's high price. It took an hour to buy and another to sell at 2m over the high. If only this could be done everyday.
Spoiler:

234 - Ascension Crossbow - 14,000,000 gp - 2.59%
Done at the same time as the previous flip, but on my main account, this flipped at almost the exact same times. Since the whole day before I was able to repeat flips on 2 accounts I did these simultaneously reducing the chance of a price change happening between them.
Spoiler:

235 - Offhand Ascension Crossbow - 14,000,000 gp - 2.59%*
Also done on the main at the same time as the previous 2 flips, I used the same margins as the main hands for this as although they are 2 different items they follow each other in price as they can easily be changed to the opposite version for as little as 50k. Knowing this meant I could just follow the leader and get the same margins. This was also the last flip of the night and rather than put offers in to overnight these I decided not to risk it as they were already so far over their usual high prices.
Spoiler:

236 - Offhand Ascension Crossbow - 3,000,000 gp - 1.18%
So glad I didn't overnight these as by the time I got back on the computer they had dropped 20m, back to around their normal price. I'm guessing as the weekend was coming to an end people were dumping them after bossing before they tanked. It took me hours of adjusting my buy price before I could get one for 2 reasons. One I was trying for the biggest margin I could get and 2 I was making sure they had stopped the sudden fall. Even selling was hard and I eventually had to sell for 1m below the fc's high price.
Spoiler:

237 - Ascension Crossbow - 2,800,000 gp - 1.1%
When this offer got 1 out of 2 I really thought I'd get the 2nd but after many hours I had to give up. At the time I sold it the fc price was 1m lower than the offhand and even though I bout one of each for the same price I had to sell this one 200k lower again. It seems these have settled at a more normal price and demand.
Spoiler:

238 - Offhand Ascension Crossbow - 3,000,000 gp - 1.18%*
Duplicating the other account had the very same results. Only 1/2 bought as it became really hard to flip these even with 3m margins where as yesterday I flipped full limits in 1/4 of the time for over double the margins. I guess the demand has died off, but it may be worth keeping an eye on them for next weekend.
Spoiler:

The days review - Continuing to flip after midnight last night really made today. Being able to ride the massive wave of demand as people tried out a new boss fight with the best ranged weapons in the game was so much fun. And I'm so glad I didn't overnight the bows as that would have ruined the profits for the day completely. When items are overpriced always avoid overnighting them.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down