Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time of Day and Active Flipping

+3
FrodoTBaginz
Minato
Carney Corp
7 posters

Go down

Time of Day and Active Flipping Empty Time of Day and Active Flipping

Post by Carney Corp 7/8/2013, 4:06 am

During peak hours is when I normally get adventurous with some of the bigger items, but what about at night? I'm interested to hear your opinions on this. At night I usually just play it safe and do smaller flips to minimize risk. I've noticed that a lot of times during inactive hours you can either get really lucky with the margin or the margin you see can be misleading. Let me know, thanks.
Carney Corp
Carney Corp
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Time of Day and Active Flipping Empty Re: Time of Day and Active Flipping

Post by Minato 7/8/2013, 6:55 pm

Have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_-oPtvsFX8

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Carney Corp 7/8/2013, 10:04 pm

Thanks for the link! I've actually seen that video before but with this topic I was sort of trying to get the communities personal opinions and their experiences with active flipping at different times of day.
Carney Corp
Carney Corp
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 7/8/2013, 11:48 pm

Peak hours are typically faster flips, with more cutting and smaller margins. Non peak hours typically have better margins but sometimes never fill. If you check my flipping log you can see some active flips that have made 10m+. The torva full helms from a while back were done during the day (est). Off peak hours are my favorite time to flip since you can find giant margins at times with millions in profit.
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Carney Corp 8/8/2013, 4:59 am

Thanks Frodo! I'll be sure to check out your log.
Carney Corp
Carney Corp
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by boash 9/8/2013, 1:39 pm

I'm a fairly new rs player and flipper and I've kept a spread sheet of my transactions just to see if I can spot any patterns and highlight any good items. One thing I quickly discovered is that as FrodoTBaggins said peak times tend to be quicker less profitable flips and off peak is slower but bigger margins. Items such as Raw Shark often become practically untradeable in terms of %ROI. If there's an item you like try pc'ing it at hourly intervals over a few days - I sometimes pick an item up when margins are low, fllip 90 or 95 % immediately to cover my costs and then sit on the rest for a few hours till a better time of day, this way I can minimise my risk but with populat and high GE limit items I can still take a punt at a higher return.
It possibly depends on what you flip as well, at the moment I mostly go for safer High GE low margin items like logs, runes, ores and bars.

boash
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Carney Corp 9/8/2013, 5:57 pm

Interesting idea boash. Thanks for your time! I may give some of your ideas a try.
Carney Corp
Carney Corp
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Malasney 15/8/2013, 6:39 pm

So what time do you guys consider to be "peak hours?" I live in the EST time zone and would like to know what you guys think because I think it would help my flipping.
Malasney
Malasney
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 15/8/2013, 6:52 pm

There was a thread here with data analysis but not sure where it went. Anyway in the mornings there are usually less players online so there will be less people flipping/playing rs. Meaning better margins but slower fills. After that number of players keeps increasing. I'd say peak hours are from 8pm-10pm GMT although I can't prove that. But from that data analysis I remember there are 2 peaks: when USA players play and when Europe plays. You shold keep track on number of players playing on runescape front page. If you keep track for one day that will give you rough idea when there's most players online and when there's less players online. But I can surely say that the best time to flip is saturday night. Everything's crazy at that time.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 16/8/2013, 3:15 am

The big peak of players is about 4pm EST - 8pm EST (8pm-12am GMT). At these times most of Europe is still online and the US is getting home from work/school. The quietest time for players is about 1-5am EST (5-9am GMT) when most of the US and UK are still asleep.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down