Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about active flipping...

4 posters

Go down

Question about active flipping... Empty Question about active flipping...

Post by lulu2199 27/9/2013, 2:13 pm

Hello guys,

I am looking to restart to do active flipping. However, the problem is that with the limit of items/4hr, we have to make a list of items to rotate.

However, it might happen that we have this problem of waiting an item that doesn't buy/sell.

If that's the case, what should we do? Shall we wait for like 10 mins and cancel the flip? Shall we wait for it?

I know that with a lot of money, active flipping is by far the most efficient way to make money. However, it's the waiting time that discourages a lot of people...

Thanks for your help!

Lulu2199
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Question about active flipping... Empty Re: Question about active flipping...

Post by KillerHart 27/9/2013, 3:49 pm

Maybe you might want to give this a go.
http://www.smokinelite.com/t71867-apply-to-be-a-general-flipping-eoc-mentee-here

However to your question. There are many items in the grand exchange so the 4 hour limit shouldn't be a pain as you can flip many other items active. To get the best profits you might have to wait longer then an active flip but it depends how much time you can be on. However making a list of items you like flipping can be very helpful.

"If that's the case, what should we do? Shall we wait for like 10 mins and cancel the flip? Shall we wait for it?"

This depends on the item and the demand of an item. You can do three things. Bump up the buy price when buying or reduce the sell price when selling. Wait longer and hope the rest will fill or cancel the offer and sell what you have. Personally I would wait a little longer.

But like I said the longer you wait, the more chance of a bigger profit you make. Hope that answered your question and good luck! Smile
KillerHart
KillerHart
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 28/9/2013, 4:13 am

First and foremost in flipping is of course patience. The reason flipping works is because people like to sell [most] items instantly and buy them instantly as well. Sometimes it's due to impatience, sometimes due to lack of ge room, and sometimes due to not realizing the actual value of an item. Either way though, we merchants seek to profit off of those instant buys and instant sells.

Since the release of 2007-Scape, the rs community has been divided, and also bot activity has dropped in rs3/eoc therefore the number of players buying and selling items has similarly decreased. Flatly, offers take longer to fill. The trade-off though is that they often tend to have better margins as well- quality over quantity my friend.

lulu2199 wrote:I know that with a lot of money, active flipping is by far the most efficient way to make money.
Technically, no. By the definitions of SM (which to be fair, are very stupid, but nonetheless) an active flip takes <30 mins to complete fully. With the decrease in players this is almost impossible, unless you basically snipe the buy or sell. A flip that takes between 30mins and maybe 3 hours I call "semi-active" flipping, to distinguish between the now dead term "active" and "inactive" which implies a person is away from the computer for extended amounts of time.

I would agree, then, that semi-active flipping is the best form of consistant money making [merch-wise] in the game, however if you're looking to get truly "active" flips, then you're not going to make any money. For most items, I wouldn't cancel an offer unless it was a no-buy for 2 hours or so. The nice thing about these types of flips is that you don't actually have to be logged in for them to make you money, you can just check in every half-hour, or even less frequently if you choose.

(I hope I actually got to the meat of your question in the final paragraph, if not feel free to tell me so).
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lulu2199 29/9/2013, 8:32 pm

Phileep wrote:First and foremost in flipping is of course patience. The reason flipping works is because people like to sell [most] items instantly and buy them instantly as well. Sometimes it's due to impatience, sometimes due to lack of ge room, and sometimes due to not realizing the actual value of an item. Either way though, we merchants seek to profit off of those instant buys and instant sells.

Since the release of 2007-Scape, the rs community has been divided, and also bot activity has dropped in rs3/eoc therefore the number of players buying and selling items has similarly decreased. Flatly, offers take longer to fill. The trade-off though is that they often tend to have better margins as well- quality over quantity my friend.

lulu2199 wrote:I know that with a lot of money, active flipping is by far the most efficient way to make money.
Technically, no. By the definitions of SM (which to be fair, are very stupid, but nonetheless) an active flip takes <30 mins to complete fully. With the decrease in players this is almost impossible, unless you basically snipe the buy or sell. A flip that takes between 30mins and maybe 3 hours I call "semi-active" flipping, to distinguish between the now dead term "active" and "inactive" which implies a person is away from the computer for extended amounts of time.

I would agree, then, that semi-active flipping is the best form of consistant money making [merch-wise] in the game, however if you're looking to get truly "active" flips, then you're not going to make any money. For most items, I wouldn't cancel an offer unless it was a no-buy for 2 hours or so. The nice thing about these types of flips is that you don't actually have to be logged in for them to make you money, you can just check in every half-hour, or even less frequently if you choose.

(I hope I actually got to the meat of your question in the final paragraph, if not feel free to tell me so).
Thanks buddy, your answer enlightened me alot!
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 30/9/2013, 4:08 am

Phileep wrote:First and foremost in flipping is of course patience. The reason flipping works is because people like to sell [most] items instantly and buy them instantly as well. Sometimes it's due to impatience, sometimes due to lack of ge room, and sometimes due to not realizing the actual value of an item. Either way though, we merchants seek to profit off of those instant buys and instant sells.

+repped. Nice reply Smile
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down