Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active Flipping = Good Idea?

5 posters

Go down

Active Flipping = Good Idea? Empty Active Flipping = Good Idea?

Post by lulu2199 24/5/2014, 3:54 pm

Sup guys,

I have some time to active flip in RS now. However, since flipping with the 4hrs limit isn't the same as flipping in the old days, does active flipping mean around 1 hour?

Furthermore, since I want to active flip, is flipping the fast items the way to go?

Thanks!

Lulu2199
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Active Flipping = Good Idea? Empty Re: Active Flipping = Good Idea?

Post by celeritas0 24/5/2014, 5:21 pm

I think by definition you'd be flipping the fast items if you're active flipping Smile In the past, if I remember correctly, we used to say about 30mins or less was active. Could have changed though.
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 24/5/2014, 9:55 pm

not to sure but an active flip now is around 2hrs i think....
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vallaquenta 24/5/2014, 11:33 pm

I would say active flipping is waiting for the items to gradually arrive in your GE box so yes, that would mean approx 1 to 2 hours for it to be an active flip.
Vallaquenta
Vallaquenta
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 26/5/2014, 6:54 pm

It ultimately depends on what you wish to do. For instance, if you'd prefer to play the game and still merch, inactive/overnight is most effective for that.

Active flipping is still a viable thing to do, and can be worthwhile. Always will be, I predict. If you haven't done it in awhile you'll be pretty rusty at it, and might not be as successful as you'd like to begin with, but stick with it. Slowly increase your margins by inching out of your comfort zone. Maybe at the same time do some short-term investments, inactive merches, and/or overnight flips.

As far as profits go, investing (short-term and long-term) is usually most profit in the end (over the course of a longer time-period, obviously), inactive/overnight yielding second highest profit and not as much time spent as investing is, and lastly active flipping. But if you get good at it, you can really excel and make heaps off any of them, depends on skill, luck, and time of day/how the market's doing.

Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down