Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandos and Arma Long term

3 posters

Go down

Bandos and Arma Long term Empty Bandos and Arma Long term

Post by Vilialis 30/1/2014, 6:24 am

Hey guys, Ive just got back into runescape and I'm thinking of selling my bandos and arma items to have a little extra cash to merch with, seeing as I won't be doing much combat.

Do you think it's likely that bandos and arma will ever rise much again? I don't want to sell it and have it rise to like 20m a piece, incase I want to buy it back? I figure its safe because theres no real reason why bandos and arma would ever rise significantly again, considering they're fairly old items now.

TL;DR:
Can you see any reason why bandos and arma would ever rise significantly (and remain stable at that rise?)
Vilialis
Vilialis
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Bandos and Arma Long term Empty Re: Bandos and Arma Long term

Post by Phileep 30/1/2014, 9:51 pm

Short answer: No

Long answer: Eoc has given us a system of obvious tiers, where level requirements are a huge indicator to an item's usefulness. Unlike the past where things like Fighter's Torsos and void made up for their low defensiveness for boosts to prayer and strength. With eoc, many of these unique features about armors have been removed (or otherwise unintentionally nerfed) and given us a system where an item's lvl requirement directly correlates with a limited number of stats which make a weapon/armor good or bad. While Jagex has claimed to try to reverse this apparent "dumbing down" of the system with the upcoming eoc reworks, I don't really see it happening.

So now if we consider the individual items... they are level 70 gear and thus significantly worse than their level 80 counterparts, Torva and Pernix. While these gears are not as affordable, they are not nearly as expensive as they once were- 100m can get you pernix quite easily, and is not far from achieving torva either. I consider 100m to be a fairly obtainable cash pile, certainly not every player can get that much money, but I think a large amount of players can in this day of age. We can also consider a sort of general trend towards becoming obsolete for all armors. In order for Jagex to make the game interesting for veterans, they have to keep adding more content, and often this comes in the form of bosses. Eventually higher level gear will come to the game and slowly replace the older gears. In addition the nex gears, and godwars gears will continue to grow more common as more enter the game and few actually leave the game, permanently at least. So if we assume the trends will be
1) More common godwars items 2) More common (cheaper) nex armors 3) More advanced armors entering the game

I see no reason for these armors to "rise significantly (and remain stable at that rise)" with the possible exception of hyper-inflation, which is unlikely to say the least.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilialis 31/1/2014, 6:32 am

Phileep wrote:Short answer: No

Long answer: Eoc has given us a system of obvious tiers, where level requirements are a huge indicator to an item's usefulness. Unlike the past where things like Fighter's Torsos and void made up for their low defensiveness for boosts to prayer and strength. With eoc, many of these unique features about armors have been removed (or otherwise unintentionally nerfed) and given us a system where an item's lvl requirement directly correlates with a limited number of stats which make a weapon/armor good or bad. While Jagex has claimed to try to reverse this apparent "dumbing down" of the system with the upcoming eoc reworks, I don't really see it happening.

So now if we consider the individual items... they are level 70 gear and thus significantly worse than their level 80 counterparts, Torva and Pernix. While these gears are not as affordable, they are not nearly as expensive as they once were- 100m can get you pernix quite easily, and is not far from achieving torva either. I consider 100m to be a fairly obtainable cash pile, certainly not every player can get that much money, but I think a large amount of players can in this day of age. We can also consider a sort of general trend towards becoming obsolete for all armors. In order for Jagex to make the game interesting for veterans, they have to keep adding more content, and often this comes in the form of bosses. Eventually higher level gear will come to the game and slowly replace the older gears. In addition the nex gears, and godwars gears will continue to grow more common as more enter the game and few actually leave the game, permanently at least. So if we assume the trends will be
1) More common godwars items 2) More common (cheaper) nex armors 3) More advanced armors entering the game

I see no reason for these armors to "rise significantly (and remain stable at that rise)" with the possible exception of hyper-inflation, which is unlikely to say the least.

Thanks a lot Phileep, that was actually a really interesting read. I was thinking those points exactly, but wanted a more experienced opinion to reassure my assumptions! Very helpful, +Rep!
Vilialis
Vilialis
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 9/2/2014, 4:36 am

As Phileep said bandos and arma are not gonna rise in the near future thanks to nex armor becoming cheaper also pop armors and sirenic/malevolent/tectonic armor coming into the game. I would say bandos would be in the rough range of + or - 3-4m on the bcp, tassy, acp and acs. The movement coming at max slowly and gradually. So there is no point in stocking up on them unless u feel like its going to drop and bounce back up.

That said after the bonus xp weekend it might go up 1m or so but nothing too drastic.
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down