Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranked 5s [NA] building a team

+2
DoYouPlay_RS
Huluplus
6 posters

Go down

Ranked 5s [NA] building a team Empty Ranked 5s [NA] building a team

Post by Huluplus 16/4/2014, 8:56 pm

If you would like a pre existing position, I would be glad to hold a competition between yourself and the person already in their role. The winner gets priority second place can fill another position or be a backup.

Summoner name: Google GG
Roles currently taken
Jungle, top, mid (maybe) and one unknown.

We currently need an adc and support.

Current group rankings
Silver 3, Bronze 2, Gold 5 and Bronze 1.

Ideally I would like silver+ players to fill open spots, as this is the adc/support lane that needs filled.

If you would like to join add me on League, and either post here or pm me on the forums.

Last edited by Huluplus on 20/4/2014, 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ranked 5s [NA] building a team Empty Re: Ranked 5s [NA] building a team

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 16/4/2014, 9:12 pm

Sent you a friend request. Always wanted to start up a ranked team but the Smokin Mils team is always dead.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 20/4/2014, 2:35 am

Bumpadiddlidoo Whole mess of updates to the OP. Looking for willing sacrifices to fill bot lane.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Domo 20/4/2014, 4:08 pm

I'll play as a fill-in, I get bored pretty often Razz

I dropped to Gold I, but I was previously Plat III this season.

Haven't really played seriously in a while though so I'm probably booty now.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention, but my preferred lane is mid if that makes a difference.

Also, my IGN is "Kids".
Panda Domo
Panda Domo
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nball199 21/4/2014, 4:18 pm

Hey budddddy.
I can play ADC/Top/Mid/Jungle. My IGN is "NickVicious".
Nball199
Nball199
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 21/4/2014, 11:45 pm

yo hulu add me "rockingumang" currently gold5 and i can fill anything but adc
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 22/4/2014, 4:24 am

Will add all who posted once my re-install finishes.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 26/4/2014, 6:46 am

Every time this happens I kind of shrug because I feel like it never gets anywhere with all the differing time zones. But I'm a silver 1 (2 now) Support Main.

"A Support Main"
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Domo 26/4/2014, 1:17 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:Every time this happens I kind of shrug because I feel like it never gets anywhere with all the differing time zones. But I'm a silver 1 (2 now) Support Main.

"A Support Main"

I think he added me a few days ago, but hasn't responded to my messages yet sooo...
Panda Domo
Panda Domo
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 27/4/2014, 12:01 am

Not sure about everyone who has applied for the team, but I am serious in reaching play+ I will be rewriting the thread either tonight or tomorrow.

Just been busy the last few days, got promoted at my job and bought a new car. So its been a little hectic. ;P I will be online playing a few games shortly.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Domo 28/4/2014, 2:46 am

Okay, so I feel that I should probably point this out to you guys who all just bashed me for that Shyvana game...you guys are surprisingly more toxic than I thought.

I am in no way "talking shit" or whatever, but I feel I should just point out the strategy that should have been followed (which I assumed was obvious) and as to reasons why it should have been. I guess it was my fault since I was the only one not in TeamSpeak and it wasn't as obvious as I thought, but I figured I should just post it here just in case for beneficial purposes.

Feel free to disagree or point out logical reasons though as to why you believe I'm wrong.

First off, I think team comp is a major factor here.

Our team:
Garen
Shyvana
Thresh
Draven
Elise

Theirs:
Lucian
Shaco
Singed

Now, as you can see, they had peels for fucking days. Compared to our team comp, there is absolutely no possible way we could have reached Lucian for a team fight win. Even more so since Elise was behind the entire game, and I'm pretty sure Thresh dced for a good few minutes since he was level 8 when I was 13. The only possible way we could've won team fights early, was if we grouped early levels and pushed to win, but this wasn't possible since Garen went downhill in lane and Elise was behind majority of the game. Thresh's DC didn't help either.

Draven was up to par I believe with where the game was, but as a whole, the team was behind. Since I was a fed Shyvana who was pretty much ahead of the entire game, I chose to split push every lane because there was absolutely nobody that could've 1v1 me. If more of them split off to have tried to fight me, all the rest of the team needed to do was priotize towers and rotate throughout the game. It would've been an easy 25min win.

That is what I believe should have been done.

But instead, I don't know who decided to make these decisions, but this is what happened:

- Chose to contest lost dragons early game. I don't understand why you guys wanted to do this. If you just chose to let the dragon go instead and have gone for the towers, the exchange of gold flow would've been much higher in our favour. Priorities are Inhibs > Towers > Baron > Drag. Early game dragon is next to worthless in comparison to an inner tower.
- Chose to fight lost battles. For a good part of the game, the team thought they could've team fought when we were all behind. Even if we did team fight, there was no commitment at all. People pinged to go in, and then went back, people died, and then whoever was left decided to go back in? I don't even know. It's pretty important that you make up your minds whether or not you want to go in.
- That baron river fight at the end. Completely worthless. Absolutely no reason to have fought that at all. We could've easily split off for double inhibs or at least for top inhib, but instead the entire team got wiped. I have no clue who wanted to call for that contest.

I have no clue who was making the calls, but all that was needed was just to simply pressure all lanes and rotate. We had double teleports on our team with good MS/clear. At the very least, the team could've distracted instead of fought so I could've taken towers.

Oh, and whoever it was that said "good luck getting out of gold" to me, I already got out. I just didn't maintain is all and then dicked around and just dropped back down to gold. It's not really a big deal, I don't play LoL seriously anymore. I was mid plat with low diamond MMR.

Here's an old picture I found for proof, took me a few minutes to find it. I took it a few months back because I had to prove I was qualified to give advice to somebody or some shit, I forgot.

Spoiler:

Feel free to compare my current top champions to the picture, it should still be generally the same.

But anyway, yeah. That about sums it up. Not every game is won by just "group and teamfight".
Panda Domo
Panda Domo
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 28/4/2014, 3:07 am

I hope I wasn't coming off as toxic. I was more frustrated at our Shyvana's lack of just overall helpfulness and her ignorance than anything.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 28/4/2014, 3:16 am

A lot of the problems were a lack of communication from not everyone being in TS and it being our first ranked 5s game. We haven't practiced and were not going to be challenger anytime soon unless this all changes. We will learn each other capabilities and it will make us stronger, our main priority will be communication and then team mechanics. I think this is our best course, I also think we need to schedule at least one night a week where we can all play at least one game.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 28/4/2014, 3:33 am

Huluplus wrote:A lot of the problems were a lack of communication from not everyone being in TS

If you're going to be in a Ranked 5's team, you have to be in some sort of vocal communication. There is absolutely no way you can run a successful ranked team without voice communication. You're better off trying to play soloq and pubstomping. Ranked 5s are different than Soloq, because in Ranked 5s you can play unconventionally as long as your team understands how to compensate (much like playing a premade 5 norms). But in order to learn how to compensate, everyone has to be there to vocally talk about what needs to be done. Pinging is one thing, but voice communication is even more instantaneous.

The only problem that voice comm has is toxicity, which does create an issue. But without voice comm, it's just not really worthwhile to pursue a serious ranked 5s.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Domo 28/4/2014, 3:43 am

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:I hope I wasn't coming off as toxic. I was more frustrated at our Shyvana's lack of just overall helpfulness and her ignorance than anything.

I probably should've been more clear on what the overall game plan was.

My fault really, I just assumed we were all on the same page.

Huluplus wrote:A lot of the problems were a lack of communication from not everyone being in TS and it being our first ranked 5s game. We haven't practiced and were not going to be challenger anytime soon unless this all changes. We will learn each other capabilities and it will make us stronger, our main priority will be communication and then team mechanics. I think this is our best course, I also think we need to schedule at least one night a week where we can all play at least one game.

True, I guess I didn't really factor in the lack of practice as an overall team either Razz

JIGL0JAY wrote:
Huluplus wrote:A lot of the problems were a lack of communication from not everyone being in TS

If you're going to be in a Ranked 5's team, you have to be in some sort of vocal communication. There is absolutely no way you can run a successful ranked team without voice communication. You're better off trying to play soloq and pubstomping. Ranked 5s are different than Soloq, because in Ranked 5s you can play unconventionally as long as your team understands how to compensate (much like playing a premade 5 norms). But in order to learn how to compensate, everyone has to be there to vocally talk about what needs to be done. Pinging is one thing, but voice communication is even more instantaneous.

The only problem that voice comm has is toxicity, which does create an issue. But without voice comm, it's just not really worthwhile to pursue a serious ranked 5s.

Yeah, I usually duo stomp actually. I usually play with my friends and they generally follow up on me since they know what I'm doing already, I guess I'm not used to the whole "vocal communication" thing.
Panda Domo
Panda Domo
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down