Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rpguys noob merchanting log/diary

2 posters

Go down

rpguys noob merchanting log/diary Empty rpguys noob merchanting log/diary

Post by gonecase 22/4/2014, 4:41 pm

This is just a proof of concept log to see how far i can get in 14 days starting at 15.7m. (had 22m so i can buy bond for w/e price it buys for). Let the flipping begin i guess.. Phileep this is just something i took off your idea to see what i can do in that much time too.. Hopefully this gets me interested in flipping again. I am going to do this in my diary format.

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 15.7m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank :  

Date: 04/22/2014

1. - Tectonic Energy  - 171,000 - 6.07%
One of my favorite fast low wealth items gives good margins and well it will all buy together and sell together usually. Dont really need to wait it out for half to buy and then the rest of it to buy etc. Took around 20 mins to finish from putting in buy offer to selling off all.
Spoiler:

2. - Royal Bolt Stabiliser  - 180,000 - 4.32%
Decided that i will be trying to flip a few good low value items and this falls in that category so tried it. It took around 25-30 mins to flip this and the profits are decent and as you can see its gonna add up slowly.
Spoiler:

3. - Nature rune  - 104,995 - 1.24%
I had around 5m left while i was waiting on the other items to buy/sell so i decided to flip runes since they are usually fast. The speed of the flip was quite fast and spanned out in 3 ge slots since i have low money to play with and cant really buy the entire limit currently. Runes are a good way to easily make 100k+ per 4 hours specially on nats, laws, bloods, deaths, etc.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

4. - Royal Sight  - 499,500 - 13.62%
Since i have been flipping other royal cbow components gave this a go also. Found really good margins on it and it took around 45 mins to flip this. A good item for your usual low wealth merchant to flip. For some reason all the royal cbow pieces seem to be going up so keep a watch on these in the near future.
Spoiler:

5. - Bandos boots  - 55,000 - 4.25%
Had around 2m left to flip with so decided to give these a go. Used flipchat1 fc and pc 101 forum prices to get the margin and made a quick 60k lol nothing to be proud of but at  15m u dont really choose a lot.
Spoiler:

6. - Royal Torsion Spring  - 229,000 - 6.35%
Usually my best item among the royal cbow set but today i kept getting undercut till i finally had no patience and just decided to sell it off. I usually get margins worth 400-500k on this. When i pced it the pc was 400k-495k and then got undercut to 450k and then finally down to 425k which just made me rage sell these.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

7. - Royal Frame - 162,000 - 4.48%
Like the royal torsion springs I got undercut around 40k on this item also so just sold it off and decided to move ahead.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

8. - Gown of Subjugation - 300,000 - 3.19%
Found this to have one of the best margins on pc 101 forums so tried it. It took around 1 hour to finish the flip so very slow but meh i will take the gp since i was afk while it bought. A pretty safe flip is all i would say.
Spoiler:

9. - Staff of light - 135,000 - 6.79%
A very fast flip. Took around 15 minutes to finish. Good free money at current gold levels. Going to add this item to my fast flip list. Might also be able to stretch the margins on it.  
Spoiler:

10. - Archers ring - 117,680 - 17.2%
Surprisingly fast. And ended up with a decently good profit for using 1.5m.  
Spoiler:

11. - Ganodermic leggings - 450,000 - 9.09%
I say thanks to Phileep for this. I was gonna actually flip this but he suggested it. Was a nice margin and I actually stretched my pc for the buy and lowballed the buy a little. This item should give you really good margins if you are patient enough and are willing to wait it out.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

12. - Verac's plateskirt - 679,500 - 47.04%
Found really amazing profits on this one. IT took me around 1 hour to get it done. One of my favourite items back in the day when i used to flip barrows pieces. Hopefully I will be flipping more of these.
Spoiler:

The days profit - 3,083,675 gp

The days review - Was a good first day for the account got 3,083,675 gp profits and still got a flip running.

Date: 04/23/2014

13. - Tectonic Energy  - 144,000 - 4.8%
Started the day with putting in a few offers. Was way too tired so didnt really put in any overnights. Tectonic energies are the fastest and almost sure shot item for me so i put in an offer that got filled within 20 minutes. Yes u can stretch the prices and make more but with limited wealth i am going to mainly focus on active flipping with a few exceptions.
Spoiler:

14. - Malevolent Energy  - 306,000 - 9.29%
After tectonics sold and while waiting on my other offers to fill i again had around 3.4m left. So i pced and put in an offer for malevolent energy. They had a decent margin and i went for it. It took around 20 minutes to finish the flip from start to end. I would say keep checking in on tectonic,malevolent, sirenic since the margins fluctuate a lot and they are all really fast flips.
Spoiler:

15. - Staff of light - 193,500 - 9.53%
A 20 minute flip. Was fast and it adds up. Nothing more to say this time around. A quick 200k to get me going.
Spoiler:

16. - Ganodermic leggings - 432,000 - 9.41%
These gave me some nice profits yesterday so decided to test the margins and found a good margin again. Took around 1 and a half hour to flip. Might be able to stretch it if ur looking to inactive flip it but with my current wealth constraints on this acc i would rather not wait around.
Spoiler:

17. - Royal torsion spring - 198,000 - 5.41%
One of my regular items. Didnt get great margins but i never lose money on this. It took roughly 1 hour to flip these but i was afk for it.
Spoiler:

18. - Dragon 2h Sword - 320,000 - 3,78%
I thank Billious for this one. I havent flipped these in a while. The margins on these are usually great and you can easily flip these in an hour. A very good item for quick inactive/active flips. MArgins can be stretched because i dont think a lot of people flip these.
Spoiler:

19. - Verac's plateskirt - 579,000 - 38.52%
These took a LOT of time to buy and so was by far my slowest flip of the day. The profits are still good. A good item to inactively flip if you want to.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

20. - Guthan's Helm - 410,000 - 6.03%
These didnt buy for 50% over. So i decided to try the approximation method on these. Put in a buy for 20k over mid and tried to sell for a margin of 200k each that didnt work. So went lower to a 100k margin. Still didnt sell. So kept changing it and making sure that no1 else was selling lower than me and this is what i got. If you want to understand this better come find me on irc(irc name is rpguy) in #flipping-mentors or #investment-mentors. It took around 3 hours but i had other things to do so i was not really near my computer while it took place. I could have easily made more profits but i decided to be content rather than wait it out.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

21. - Black Mask - 747,000 - 4.63%
One of the best items to inactive flips for profits of anywhere from 100k-2m. I tried it after i finally made enough cash to afford flipping it. Worked nicely and flipped it in around 1-2 hours. In my opinion one of a must flip item whenevr u can or whenevr u get bored of other items.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The days profit - 3,329,500 gp

The days review - Was a decent day. Wasnt online a lot. Got bank over 21m so that makes me happy. Pulled in another 3.3m so not bad.

Date: 04/24/2014

Last edited by gonecase on 24/4/2014, 6:24 pm; edited 25 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

rpguys noob merchanting log/diary Empty Re: rpguys noob merchanting log/diary

Post by gonecase 22/4/2014, 4:41 pm

Reserved
gonecase
gonecase