Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isen's Merchanting Diary

+4
j3thr0
2VN
[ADMIN] Billious
Isen
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Isen's Merchanting Diary Empty Isen's Merchanting Diary

Post by Isen 1/7/2013, 12:07 am

This is my new merchanting diary.  I have not been as active in merchanting as I've wanted to be, mainly because of real life issues, my wife and kids are taking up way to much of my runescape time.  Coupled along with taking a one week vacation to Ohio, I'm about to go out east towards Fort Wayne, Indiana for a week with my son for boy scout camp.  This will put a dent in my merchanting as well.
Crappy, nonproductive week for me.  I only had time to log in twice in the last week.  So I managed 2 small flips.  And now I have to be a parent, so I'll be gone for a week.  Market manipulations used to be soo much easier. Ge would update, you'd spam click, and be done.  Takes much more time, and dedication.  Dedication is not a problem, it's the time.  I miss being in the cc for hours answering questions, it taught people things about merchanting.  Now it's more difficult/impossible to teach others.

merchz.com Log: >115M Profit ATM

http://merchz.com/merchantlogs/isen/

Last edited by Isen on 26/8/2013, 1:11 am; edited 4 times in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Isen's Merchanting Diary Empty Re: Isen's Merchanting Diary

Post by Isen 5/7/2013, 8:24 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 36M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 45M

Weekly summary - I spent the first week of this getting back into the groove.  I hadn't done a lot of flipping since the Beta was not the Beta anymore, and now that RS3 has started I hate the layout of the screen, I hate having to crop any screenshots, they don't seem real then.  I went back to my roots with my merchanting, lots of dragon leathers, some hides, and some herbs, with a dash of armors mixed in.  I'm a merchz member, so I have access to the tools there, which help alot, even though the stuff there has changed.  Situation and terrain dictate tactics, so you have to change the way you do things. I need to increase the amount of flips I do, as I often don't use my full merchanting bank to flip.  Lots of little flips add up.  I'm still highly into higher limit, lower margin items, but I am starting to take some chances.  

Date: July 21, 2013
1 - Clean Ranarr - 3,619,948 - 20.94%
Took right around 10 minutes to buy and around 30 mins to sell.
Spoiler:
2 - Armadyl Chainskirt - 200,000 - 2.18%
Slow flip, but profitable.
Spoiler:
The days review - Had some issues with items not buying. I had offers in for some items for 4-5 hours and kept updating and they only trickled in, so it wasn't even worth the time of screenshotting and such.  I miss the old manip days.

Date: July 22, 2013
3 - Gloves of Subjugation -190,000 - 11.11%
Bought quickly, took a while to sell, but profit.
Spoiler:
The days review
I hate the new interface, I can't find my items that I want to sell.  It's hard to flip things today for some reason.  I assume it's because of the update.  Of course, people riot, but I couldn't capitalize on it with any success.  Lots of little profits of 10-50k on easy to flip items, not worth taking screenies of though.

Date: July 23, 2013
4 - Red Dragon Leather - 1,040,000 - 4.37%
Overnight flip
Spoiler:
5 - Black Dragon Leather - 996,050 - 5.04%
Quick flip, I absolutely love flipping Dragon Leathers!
Spoiler:
6- Dragon Chainbody - 429,669 - 4.94%
Quick buy and sell
Spoiler:
The days review
I was a little more active on the merchanting front today.  PC'd a lot of items, the margins were slim today.  I started dabbling a little into GWD armors, which is something I don't normally do.  They buy somewhat quick, but can be a pain to sell.  I might stick with high volume flips for the time being.  Not a big fan of slow stuff.

Date:July 24, 3013
7 - Bandos Chestplate - 390,000 - 4.33%
Overnighter.
Spoiler:
The days review
Overnight flip went well, I've got about 30M tied up in some stuff atm, hopefully it will sell overnight so I have some more gps to play with.  I'm thinking of selling my combat gear so I can play around with merchanting again.  But I enjoy playing the game, as well as merchanting.  Just remember, you can have both.  Just merchant until you get the gear you want, buy the gear, use the gear.  When you get tired of it, or reach your goal, you can always sell it, just think of it as an investment.  It's not just the gps you make, it's the experience you gain in the game using it, as well as the experience you gain in the game from it being an investment.

Date:July 25, 2013
8 - Dark Mystic Robes Set - 427,790 - 12.91%
Overnight flip, these used to be really good for me, just trying new stuff.
Spoiler:
9 - Black Dragon Leather - 331,785 - 2.37%
I love leather, this took a couple days to sell at a profit though...
Spoiler:
The days review
Selling some of the stuff I bought last night before work.  I love dragon leathers, have I mentioned that?  I used to hardcore flip them, buying and selling limits, getting up to 15% per flip.  I like high volume items, I tend to make more money off of them, as opposed to more expensive items.  I don't really have the confidence to do higher priced items yet.  I'm just nervous, and don't want to lose my butt.

Date:July 26, 2013
Sewer backup caused by the Town hydrojetting the sewer lines.  We have around $15k RL GPS lost.  Had no internet access, as the fuse box was under water...

Date:July 27, 2013
10 - Blue Dragon Leather - 147,568 - 2.42%
This flip took about 10 minutes or so.  What can I say, dragon leathers are good to me, try them.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The days review
Lots of pcs, however, flips were limited.  Tried some new stuff, but margins were too small on most items.

Date:July 28, 2013
11 - Raw Shark - 366,600 - 6.39%
Bought at night, sold when I woke up in the morning.
Spoiler:
12 - Green Dragonhide - 293,616 - 5.91%
Quick buy and sell this morning.
Spoiler:
13 - Blue Dragon Leather  - 1,499,940 - 6.68%
Did this flip while I was capping, did I mention I love leather?
Spoiler:
The days review  Back to what I know, dhide and leather, profitable day, and week.

Last edited by Isen on 16/8/2013, 1:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 21/7/2013, 2:57 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 45M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 52M

Weekly summary -  I flipped a couple of my normal items that are profitable for me.  I tried a couple new things that made me some gps.  I need to keep branching out and trying new things.  However, if you find something that you can keep flipping for a profit, keep doing it.  No sense on giving up on something you are good at, but I do need to mix some new things in.

Date: July 29, 2013

1 - Black Dragon Leather -661,200- 2.22%
These bought quick, but took a while to sell. Leathers are still good for me, but I need to branch out more.
Spoiler:
2 - Dragon Chainbody - 352,691 - 1.36%
Had to increase buy price a couple times to get them to buy, and then difficult selling at selling point. Starting to branch out more and buy some other stuff.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The days review - Lots of pcs, however the margins I found on the items were not worth it, lots of 1-15 gp margins on high limit stuff, but could not get limits.  Try again tomorrow.

Date: July 30, 2013
3 - Black Dragonhide - 264,828 - 1.20%
Took forever to sell these.  Like 5 hours...
Spoiler:
4 - Bandos Boots - 122,142 - 8.66%
Took 2 days to sell for profit.  These are an easy 100k+ flip each time.  Too bad the limit is 1/4 hours.
Spoiler:
The days review Today sucked, small margins again, lots of pcs, very little action, hopefully my overnights make me something.

Date: July 31, 2013
5 - Dragon Chainbody - 62,000 - 1.11%
Overnight #1. Blah.
Spoiler:
6 - Frost Dragon Bones - 160,190 - 1.22%
Overnight #2, a little better, not much.  These can be good flips, with outstanding margins.
Spoiler:
7 - Red Dragon Leather - 226,728 - 2.82%
Quick flip while I went to a meeting for my daughters.
Spoiler:
8 - Frost Dragon Bones - 442,557 - 2.99%
Another quick flip while out, 100k for first flip, 400k this time, caught it at a good time.  Time of day can make huge differences in prices.
Spoiler:
9 - Bandos Boots - 194,000 - 13.81%
Took about an hour between buy and sell.
Spoiler:
The days review - Came close to my short term goal of 1M profit per day.  Baby steps.

Date: August 1, 2013
10- Dragon Chainbody - 990,000 - 4.01%
Overnight flip, sold when I got home this morning from work.  Time of day, once again.
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day, lots of pcs, crappy margins.  I did a couple flips for 70k-90k, nothing screenshot worthy though.  I have an item that I should make about 700k on with an overnight flip.  Just under 27M invested in it atm, so at least it will be a good start to the day.

Date: August 2, 2013
11 - Zamorak Godsword - 675,000 - 2.51%
This was the overnight I was talking about.
Spoiler:
12 - Dragon Hatchet - 1,520,000- 5.28%
Good day, sunshine.  Found a item that was way under mid, and flipped for decent profit.
Spoiler:
The days review - Branched out a bit, tried some new items and had some success'.  I'm thinking of creating a post of nothing but my price checks, just to show that the times of day can vary greatly in your ability to make quick profit from flips.

Date: August 3, 2013
13 - Frost Dragon Bones - 395,000 - 2.63%
Bought in the morning, took most of the day to sell...
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day, but profitable.

Date: August 4, 2013
14 - Dragon Chainbody - 595,000 - 4.37%
Notes about the flip
Spoiler:
color=#33ccff]The days review[/color] - Slow day, halfway to my goal of 1M for the week.

Last edited by Isen on 16/8/2013, 1:42 pm; edited 37 times in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 23/7/2013, 12:25 pm

I'm seriously looking forward to this since I have a vague idea, but am really looking forward to seeing how good you are. I know you can great things when flipping and I'm sure you can explain to newer members how you did it. With your time constraints maybe set a few overnights here and there where you only need to log in a few minutes each day to update them would suit you better.Either way good luck and keep going your starting well.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 2VN 24/7/2013, 6:43 pm

Hope you get used to the Runescape3 interface quickly so that we can enjoy ur nics profits again Smile

Keep it going!
2VN
2VN
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 6/8/2013, 3:33 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 52M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 58M

Weekly summary - Dear Diary, this week sucked. My home life is crazy right now, fixing almost $25k in damages due to sewer backups. I've had no time for RS. However, as you can see I've still been able to log on several times a day and update/place offers. My activity for flipping will pick up this week.
Date: August 5, 2013

1 - Red Dragon leather - 1,168,200 - 3.62%
Super over night flip!
Spoiler:

The days review - Just one flip for the day, but it's over 1M profit.

Date:  August 6, 2013
2 - Dragon Platebody - 600,000 - 4.76%
Bought overnight at work, sold while I slept.
Spoiler:
3 - Clean Snapdragon - 267,444  2.72%
Couple hour flip while doing stuff around the house.
Spoiler:
The days review Slow, but profitable day on the flipping front.  Have an sell offer in for some stuff that should be 1M profit on that one flip.

Date: August 7, 2013
1 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,208,000 - 5.54%
This is the overnight I was talking about.
Spoiler:
The days review Met my goal of 1M for the day, today was spending fixing my house though.  I need to log in more often to check offers, it would go better.

Date: August 8, 2013
1 - Item - 620,061 - 1.77%
Spoiler:
Just a little overnight I did last night, I haven't been on much this week, still dealing with RL issues.

Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 15/8/2013, 11:09 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 58M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 66M

Weekly summary - A decent week profit wise. I used my old standbys for guaranteed profits. I had some losses due to timing issues, and getting impatient with flips. I need to stop being impatient, and leave offers in to fill more. Or either that or I could increase my buy price, and quit trying to squeeze every last penny out of flips. I need to remind myself that time of day is a huge thing when it comes to flips. Sometimes margins are crazy when I'm asleep. I tend to keep an Aussie type-time schedule as far as my life is concerned sometimes. I almost hit my goal of 10M profit for the week though!

Date:08/12/2013
1 - Raw Shark - 98,600- 3.93%
I only got a small batch of these, I was hoping for a full limit because of the margins, had to settle for what I could get though.
Spoiler:
The days review - One flip, yep that's it, had around 40M tied up in another flip that didn't pan out, so I had to settle.

Date: 08/14/2013
2 - Black Dragon Leather - 678,500 - 2.10%
Based off of previous experience, I do leathers and dhides, they are profitable, quick buy and sells, and very profitable.  I won't give up on these ever!
Spoiler:
3 - Raw Rocktail - 165,100 - 4.15%
Nice margins, once again, couldn't get a full limit though.
Spoiler:
The days review - Nice easy profitable day, I love days like this.

Date: 08/15/13
4 - Dragon Chainbody - 387,000 - 1.53%
Nice profit on an overnight flip
Spoiler:
5- Boots of Subjugation - 150,000 - 10.71%
These bought instant, I thought I had messed up, but made decent profit after an overnight.
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day, bathroom is finally done being remodeled, 2 more rooms to go.  I can't wait until RL ends so I can play RS.

Date: 08/16/2013
6 - Item - 580,936 - 4.27%
My buy offer stalled out, so I threw them in at mid when I woke up and they instant sold.  Wish I could have got a full limit of these. You've got to love flips that are over 4% profit, whatever they are.
Spoiler:
7 - Saradomin's Whisper - 240,000 - 4.43%
Bought last night, came in quick, sold this morning.
Spoiler:
8 - Ascension Keystone Sextus - 273,999 - 4.72%
Heard some people talking about these in world 2, guess I found a new toy to play with.  These bought and sold quickly.  However, didn't get full limit...
Spoiler:
The days review - Hit my 1M goal for the day, if all goes well, I have a flip to make 5M on overnight... Hopefully the margins stay the same!

Date: 08/17/13
9 - Dragon Chainbody -5,400,000 - 30%!!!
This is the overnight I was talking about.  Insane margins on these last night, better than 5M profit!!!
Spoiler:
10 - Blue Dragon Leather - 1,155,100 - 4.88%
These bought before I went to sleep this morning.  I put the sell offer in for the old sell price and some of them sold immediately, the rest sold within about 2 minutes.
Spoiler:
The days review - Great day today, my best day in the last month.  Great margins on a couple old standbys.  Whey would I give those items up?

Spoiler:
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 19/8/2013, 1:29 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 66M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 71M

Weekly summary - Well, I am only halfway to my 10M goal for the week. I took a hit on some GWD items over the week. Bandos hurt me for a couple mil, I'm holding onto them to try and at least break even, but it might take all of next week to do that. I hate having over 10M tied up in something that I may still end up losing on. But I feel it's better to hold and break even, then to take the loss at this point.

Date: 08/19/13

1 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,433,000 - 6.23%
I bought these a couple days ago, but for some reason, they just would not sell.  So rather than sell for a loss or try and break even, I held until the GE updated and they instant sold for this profit.  I probably could/should have tried to hold for longer, but the profit was there, so I had to pull the trigger. These have been bouncing all over the place margin wise, they have been buying and selling below and above ge, it's weird.
Spoiler:
2 - Adamant Bar - 213,200 - 1.62%
These are high volume, however, they sold really slow for me for some reason.  I put my sell price 3 gps below what my pc's were at.  But they sold, profit is profit. Free to play items can be finicky at times, sometimes there will be lots of f2pers flipping them, when they do profits are extremely small.  However, profits can be stretched depending on time of day and if you get lucky with not many f2pers flipping them.
Spoiler:
The days review - 1M profit goal made for the day.  I think I'm going to try and aim for 10M for the week.  With the new skill being released, I think I'll train in between GE offers buying and selling.  

Date: 08/20/13
3 - Clean Irit - 619,597 - 14.48%
This was a quick flip, had a great margin and took advantage of it. These are high limit, as many of my flips are.  But, who can beat a close to 15% flip?
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day, been busy with divination.

Date: 08/21/13
4 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,475,000 - 11.78%
These have had insane margins the last week or so, cash in while you can.  This was an overnight flip for me, the only reason it was overnight is because I wanted to stretch my profits.  I could have sold for about a 5% profit,  but greed got the better of me.  Once again, these prices are bouncing all over the place.
Spoiler:
The days review - Did more divination today, not alot of merchanting, not many price checking.  I need to play the game.

Date: 08/23/13
5 - Blue Dragon Leather -  502,500 - 2.49%
High volume flip, although I didn't get a full limit.  These were rising at the time, took advantage for a quick flip.
Spoiler:
The days review - Busy with house remodeling and such, nothing much to report.

Date: 08/24/13
6 - Dragon Chainbody - 390,000 - 8.46%
These are still acting weird, I got 2 at my buy quickly, but couldn't get anymore.  The item seems to be falling, but the margins are so weird lately, we'll see what happens.
Spoiler:
7 - Frost Dragon Bones - 171,000 - 1.23%
High Volume flip, quick buy and sell flip before going to work.  I used to do these all the time, however the margins aren't that huge.
Spoiler:
8- Dragon Platebody - 210,000 - 1.93%
These were rising at the time, took advantage.  Total time of flip was just over an hour.
Spoiler:
The days review - Variety of flips, some quick some longer.  Finally getting back in the groove of getting on for about an hour before I got to work at night.

Date: 08/25/13
9 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,431,112  - 6.45%
These are still bouncing, I got them below mid, and sold above mid.
Spoiler:
10 - Raw Rocktail - 201,510 - 2.43%
High volume flip, but just playing with some extra gps, these are rising at the moment.  When I pc'd margins were good, when I went to sell, I had some instand sell above my sell price, so still profit to be made.
Spoiler:
11 - Adamant Bar - 345,600 - 2.31%
Another rising item, just doing some small flipping while watching a baseball game, good margins tonight.   I wish I had some more gps, I've got gps tied up in some God War items, which aren't panning out atm.  I also have a ton tied up in some dragon leathers that are being weird atm.
Spoiler:
The days review - Some quick and easy flips today while watching some baseball and doing some stuff around the house.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Isen on 26/8/2013, 2:43 am; edited 6 times in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by j3thr0 19/8/2013, 10:43 pm

Interesting! very nice

j3thr0
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 27/8/2013, 2:33 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 71M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 72M

Weekly summary - Short week this week, as I leave for a 50 mile hike on  08/31/13 and won't be back until after Labor Day.  This week,hmmm, well I took a chance and it bit me hard.  I bought a single item for around 3/4 of my merchanting wealth, held it for a couple days and lost gps.  You live and learn.  I bought it at a bad time, and couldn't let the marjority of my gps sit there stagnant.  I didn't get to play/merch alot due to working ten 16 hour shifts in a row so I could be off for 4 days for my son's Boy Scout hike.

Date: 08/26/13

1 - Ascension Keystone Quartus - 640,920 - 3.43%
These were falling at the time, so I figured I could make an easy profit and not take too much risk, luckily I was able to make a profit, although it took a long time to sell.
Spoiler:
2 - Dragon Hatchet- 780,000 - 12.15%
These were falling hardcore, I noticed they had huge margins, I had an offer in overnight for 10 of them, however, I was only able to get 2 for the buy price, one of which I got after less than 2 minutes...
Spoiler:

The days review - Rather than a goal of a gp amount, I'm aiming to increase my wealth by 1% per day. Unfortunately I have a drygore ohr, which is not selling, eating up 3/4 of my wealth atm, hopefully it sells overnight and I can at least break even, because I don't want to take a hit on this.  That's why I hate higher priced single items.

Date: 08/28/13
2.1 - Offhand Drygore Rapier - -500,000  -    -1.11%,
You can't always win, yes I posted a -500k flip.  Why?  Because it shows that not every item is succesful.  I managed to buy these while they were rising and was above mid.  However... The GE Updated, and it dropped by almost 2M in GE value.  So I had my gps tied up for 2 days trying to sell... and lost gps in the process. Humility at it's finest.
Spoiler:
3 - Frost Dragon Bones - 244,755 - 1.65%
Quick flip, only took about 20 minutes or so from putting buy offer in until sell offer sold. These were falling at the time, but I figured I could get a quick flip out of them.
Spoiler:
The days review  - Today was all fubar as my offhand rapier dropped, I lost a half million.  I had my gps tied up in that.  What did I learn today?  Don't buy rising stuff that you rely on other people for prices on...  I always get bit that way!

Date: 08/29/13
4 - Green Dragon Leather - 249,975 - .81%
Just did an overnight to try and get back on my feet.  However, the margins ended up being smaller than my pc the night before.  But I needed to get some profit back, to try and break even just for the week.  These were rising and I was hoping to squeeze a larger profit, but oh well.
Spoiler:
The days review  - Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a 10 day stretch of doubles so I can go on a 50 mile hike with my son over Labor Day weekend for Boy Scouts.

Date: 08/30/13
5 - Black Mask - 232,000 -  2.96%
These were falling, but I put an offer in while I was capping.
Spoiler:
The days review - Buy offers in for dragon chains and blue dragon leathers are coming in slowly, I'm taking a chance with them as I'm away for 4 days, but hoping to reap big rewards. Cya around.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 3/9/2013, 11:34 am

Your Dragon Hatchet flip (flip #2, 8/26) does not include the image(s) of the Dragon Hatchet.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 3/9/2013, 1:05 pm

For whatever reason, when my log freaked out that day, I think I put my d chain flip in the d hatchet slot.  I can't edit it atm for whatever reason, so I'll post those 2 flips in this post.

Date: 08/26/2013

2.1 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,431,112 - 7.45%
These were well below mid to buy, but the sell price was hovering betwen mid and just above.  I've taken these as one of my favorite flips due to margins.
Spoiler:
2.2 - Dragon Hatchet - 780,000 - 12.15%
Spoiler:
These were falling hardcore, I noticed they had huge margins, I had an offer in overnight for 10 of them, however, I was only able to get 2 for the buy price, one of which I got after less than 2 minutes...
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 3/9/2013, 7:05 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 72M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 81M

Weekly summary - I used my mainstays this week, but ventured out into some other items. I like the overnights on the single item limits, it's nice to have a couple hundred K profit overnight. However, I still like the higher limit items, for the bigger profits. It's fun to stretch that extra gp or 2. I've got a surprise item, which hopefully will sell tonight, to start next week off right. However the pc on it cost me 2M. I hate having to lose that much on a pc, it sucks.

Date: 09/03/13

1 - Blue Dragon Leather - 959,565 - 3.08%
These bought before I went on the hike with my son's Boy Scout troop, my first pc only bought one, so I upped my buy price by a little, and unfortunately, I didn't get the full limit, but oh well.  I noticed they had risen even more while I was gone, so to sacrifice additional profit and free up the gps, I put them in at mid and they instant sold a little above.
Spoiler:

2 - Dragon Chainbody - 496,000 - 2.57%
Another item I bought before I left for the weekend.  Again I threw these in for mid as the price had risen and they instantly sold.
Spoiler:
3 - Dragon Chainbody - 775,000 - 6.54%
Did some more dchains during the day while I was doing some stuff around the house.  They bought quickly and were all sold when I came back.
Spoiler:
4 - Dragon Platebody - 420,000 - 1.25%
As soon as my dragon chains from earlier sold, I bought the platebodies.  I threw them into the ge as soon as they bought in hopes that the margins had remained the same, and they did.  I managed to sell them before I left for work.
Spoiler:
5 - Baby Dragonbones - 330,000 - 4.53%
Figured I'd play with these as I had some gps laying around.  They worked out pretty well.  Bought and sold near the times as the Dragon Platebody flips.
Spoiler:
The days review - All in all it turned out to be a succesful busy day off flipping, and I played some rs today as well. I keep going back to the things that seem to work for me, after my -500k flip last week, I'm not ready to make another big gamble yet.

Date: 09/04/13
6 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,287,000 - 6.44%
These were an overnight.  The prices on these are still bouncing all over the place.  Buying far below mid, and sometimes selling for above.
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day today, back to work.  I keep going back to dragon chains, because the margins are soo impressive.  Maybe I'll start devoting enough gps for 2 limits overnight.  I keep hearing, try new stuff, but why should I, if I'm getting up to 6% profit on a 20M devotion to a flip?

Date: 09/06/2013
7 - Amulet of Fury - 276,000 - .90%
This flip took about 3 hours between the time I put my buy offer in and when I logged back in and it was sold.  These were hovering just below mid on the sell price.
Spoiler:
8 - Dragon Chainbody - 285,000 - 4.31%
More dragon chain's, more profit.  These were below mid on the buy and near mid on the sell.  
Spoiler:
The days review - Just a couple flips after dinner, enough for a half mil profit for the day.

Date:09/07/2013
9 - Garb of Subjugation - 867,000 - 4.07%
I put the buy offer in before I went to work last night, it filled overnight for the 3 of them.  I was out and about today, so I thought I'd try and squeeze a little bit of profit out of them.  These were rising at the time.
Spoiler:
The days review - Whole bunch of nothing today, lots of pcs, but margins are crap.

Date:09/08/2013
10 - Dragon Full Helm - 475,000 - 9.41%
Quick buy, quick sell, however, I could only get 1 at my buy price. I debated increasing the buy price, which I did and tied up 35M for most of the day but I never got 1 from that next offer.
Spoiler:
10.1 Dragon 2h Sword - 522,000 - 5.11%
Didn't get full buy screenshot, only a little one for merchz log, now I'm kicking myself...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 9/9/2013, 12:32 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 81M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 90M

Weekly summary - Squezed out some profit this week. The 2h Crossbow did excellent for me. However, I lost another 5M on them that I didn't post. Between doing some pcing, and buying some that sold for small losses. I have around 40M tied up in some Barrows items that aren't selling for what I bought, I have an offer in for just below their mid price, hoping to at least break even on them. I hate losing gps. This week I tried some new items that really worked out. Overnights worked great for me as well. Overnights don't necessarily have to be overnights I've found. With my straight midnight work schedule, I can often put offers in before I get to work, and then change them up when I get home for work, before I take my nap(daily sleep), of 4-5 hours.

Date: 09/09/13
1 - Dragon 2h Crossbow - 8,490,000 - 17.58%
These were a spur of the moment type thing.  I was flipping Dragon 2h swords, so I figured I'd try a 2h Crossbow.  Of course, it hurt to lose 2.5M on the pc, but the profit on the 3 sells made up for it.  Now if I can just figure out how to get around losing 2.5M on pcs, I'd do well.  This was the overnight I was talking about in last week's diary.
Spoiler:
2 - Raw Shark - 527,125 - 1.92%
Flip took about an hour and a half from the time I put in buy offer until sell offer went through.  Margins changed dramatically from orginally.  When I put sell offer in, 95% sold instantly above my sell price.
Spoiler:
3 - Dragon Hatchet - 237,000 - 1.74%
Quick flip, these took about an 20 minutes from buy to sell, didn't feel like waiting on more limit, since they were coming in kind of slow.
Spoiler:
4 - Red Dragon Leather - 1,310,000 - 3.04%
Inactive flip, Nice Margins, so profit was decent.
Spoiler:
The days review - Day off work today, so I had some time to play rs and do some merchanting.  I went back to my old standbys, and played with some new stuff today.

Date: 09/10/13
5 - Garb of Subjugation - 570,000 - 2.64%
Inactive flip, put buy offer in for 3 of them before I went to work, and the 3 bought.  When I got home, I put the buy offers in and they took around 12 hours to sell for me to squeeeeeeeze profits.
Spoiler:
The days review - Not too many baskets to put my chickens into, I've got some buy offers in for some stuff to take some chances, hopefully they play out.

Date: - 09/11/13 We Will Never Forget, Semper Fi
6 - Garb of Subjugation - 245,000 - 3.40%
I had buy offers in for 4 of these overnight, only 1 bought at the price I want, crap!
Spoiler:
7 - Dragonfire Shield(ranged) - 684,000 - 4.82%
I put an offer in for these when I got home in the morning, figured I'd get more than a limit.  These turned out to be pretty good.
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day of overnight flips.  Garbs are doing pretty good on overnights for me.

Date: - 09/12/13
8 - Dragon Chainbody - 708,000 - 8.5%
These were rising at the time, they are great profit if you can catch them during their sways.  
Spoiler:
9 - Garb of Subjugation - 590,000 -8.18%
Another overnight with these.  Put offer in before I went to work, however, I only managed to get one.  It sold instantly at the price when I sold in the morning for the old price.  Could have gotten more profit, but freed gps up for other stuff.
Spoiler:
10 - Gloves of Subjugation - 570,000 - 16.67%
Bought these before work, got 2 of them, sold them when I got home in the morning.  Nex gear can be pretty profitable, just wish the limits were higher.
Spoiler:
11 - Dragon Platebody - 325,000 - 1.18%
These are a new thing I'm trying to latch onto.  The margins can be huge sometimes, other times they are small.  If you can catch them at the right time, you can make some decent profit.
Spoiler:
The days review - Good day today.  Get your profits while you can.

Date: - 09/13/13
12 - Dragon Chainbody - 1,341,000 - 7.09%
Put the buy offer in when I got home from work, sold them when I woke up.  Bounce with me, bounce with me.  Got in and out at a good time.
Spoiler:
The days review -  Lots of pcs, however, only the one flip.

Date: - 09/14/13
13 - Black Dragon Leather - 406,000 - 1.32%
Quick flip, took about 45 minutes from putting the buy offer in until it sold.  Glad to see I opened other's eyes to leathers.
Spoiler:
14 - Zamorakian Spear - 228,000 - 2.05%
Quick flip, branching out in my ways.
Spoiler:
15 - Blue Dragon Leather - 400,100 - 2.80%
Hey, Isen did leathers again, yeah, but they are profits that you are not getting!
Spoiler:
16- Dragon Chainbody - 784,000 - 4.52%
Spoiler:
The days review -  Had a good day off today, and I played some rs.  Played with leathers, chainbodies and playing with some new stuff.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 17/9/2013, 3:11 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 90M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 93M

Weekly summary - Well, I took a gamble with Ahrim's Book of Magic, and lost.  Big.  To the tune of about 6M.  Other than that it would have been a great week.  I learned this week that if an item is starting to tank, go ahead and sell it for a little loss, rather than try and wait it out.  It hurts.  Besides that I did a lot of overnight, inactive stuff that suited me quite well.

Date: 09/16/13
1 - Garb of Subjugation - 540,000 - 3.74%
Put this offer in before I went to work yesterday, they sold while I was asleep today.  They bought well below mid, and sold just below mid.
Spoiler:
2 - Armadyl Chestplate - 330,000 - 2.60%
Bought these when I got home in the morning, put sell offer when I woke up.  I lowered my sell price and they still took all night to sell.  I bought and sold both of these for below mid price.
Spoiler:
The days review - Played with some longer items today, now if I could just get the Barrows garbage I have sold, so I can free some gps up.

Date: 09/17/13
3 - Garb of Subjugation - 370,000 - 5.13%
Bought this before I went to work, sold overnight before I got home in the morning.  These were both buying and selling below mid, have a feeling these may drop next GE update.  Get your profits before the update and then watch them bounce.
Spoiler:
4 - Bandos Tassets - 260,000 - 7.18%
Bought before work and sold overnight as well.  Bought below mid, and sold above, nice percentage profit.
Spoiler:
5 - Dragon Chainbody - 484,000 - 2.05%
Bought 11, sold 11.  The buy came in quick, the sell, well that took a little more than a day.
Spoiler:
The days review - Today started out good, but got slow with the selling, I've got alot of items selling in the GE atm, including the Barrows stuff from late last week.

Date: 09/18/13
6 - Dragon Chainbody - 404,000 - 1.90%
These are still being funny.   The buy price is consistently below mid and the sell is sometimes at or above mid.  But it's still profit.
Spoiler:
7 - Armadyl Chestplate - 518,828 - 4.17%
Bought these 2 overnight and put in sell offer in the morning.
Spoiler:
7a - Zamorakian Spear - 1,100,000 - 5.26%
7b - Dragon Chainbody -  765,000 - 4.24%
Didn't get full screen screenshots of these 2, just the stuff for my merchz log.  These were bought before I went to bed, and sold when I got up.
Spoiler:
The days review - Not a busy day, but did some overnight type flips, profitable day.

Date:  09/21/13
8 - Garb of Subjugation - 240,000 - 3.31%
Overnight flip, these have been falling for the better part of a week.
Spoiler:
The days review A single flip, that is all.  Lots of pc's, however, margins were horrid on all my regular items.

Date:09/22/13
9 - Black Dragon Leather - 1,680,000 - 5.15%
I bought these earlier in the week after the GE updated and my buy price was below the mid price, I threw them back in the GE at above mid knowing later in the week the would rise.  And this is why I concentrate on leathers, if you know the market for stuff, you can profit greatly.
Spoiler:
10 - Dragonfire Shield(ranged) -  351,000 - 3.25%
Spoiler:
The days review - Good day, finally sold some stuff and freed up a ton of gps, hopefully I can get into the 75-100M flips now that most of my merchanting wealth is available.

Bad move of the week.
XX- Ahrim's Book of Magic -  -5,351,910 -  -12.16%
Spoiler:
Yes, that is a Negative Profit and a Negative Percentage.  I lost big on this over 6 days, I waited to sell hoping it would bounce.  If a bounce implies it doesn't come back up.  You don't always win.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 23/9/2013, 8:35 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 93M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 102M

Weekly summary - Finally cracked the 100M merchantable bank mark. Still have weps and armor for my Comp Cape goals. I tried some new stuff that worked out this week for me. Some of my overnights had IMO impressive margins. I can't say enough of merchz. Get there if you haven't. I also did a couple of my usual flips, I know they are most of the same things, but they are profitable, and that's part of what it's all about.

Date: 09/23/13

1 - Garb of Subjugation - 250,000 - 3.45%
This is 1 of 2 I bought last night before I went to bed, I threw them in at different prices and they both sold.  As they were 2 different flips, bought and sold at 2 different times, I'll post 2.
Spoiler:
2 - Garb of Subjugation - 260,000 - 3.6%
See above.
Spoiler:
3 - Bandos Chestplate - 270,000 - 4.02%
Bought before I went to bed and sold when I got home today.
Spoiler:
4 - Pernix Boots  - 880,000 - 9.76%
Bought before bed, sold when I got home.  I bought them below mid and sold them well above for a tidy profit.
Spoiler:
5 - Red Dragon Leather - 1,560,000 - 3.76%
These were buying and selling for well under mid, but my buy offer filled really quickly and sold just as fast.
Spoiler:
The days review - Busy day today.  Lots of gains, can't wait until some of my other items that I bought today sell.  Overall, I went back to the standby's, but for a 3M profit day, can't beat it.

Date: 09/24/13

6 - Torva Gloves - 990,000  - 3.53%
I put a buy offer in before I went to work, and put the sell offer in when I got home, when I woke up they were sold.
Spoiler:
7- Garb of Subjugation - 573,768 - 4.03%
I put buy offers in for 2 of these before I left for work.  They have been doing relatively good for me.  The offer for 2 had filled and it had been about 30 hours since a GE update.  I put my sell offer in for mid, which was above the reported FC price, and luckily the GE updated and they went up as I figured they would.
Spoiler:
8 - Garb of Subjugation - 560,000  - 3.94%
Think I found a new favorite item.  Now if I could just get more than 1 every 4 hours, haha.  I guess I'll just have to put offers in for 6 at a time, and sell as I get. I screwed up and didn't get the full sell screenshot, hopefully what I have will suffice, otherwise it's on my merchz log.
Spoiler:
9 - Dragon Chainbody - 637,000 - 4.42%
These are my standby, I've had several people mention that they work well for them.  Easy profit, quick buys and sells.
Spoiler:
The days review - Another 2M profit day, I hope I can keep these up.  I need to get into some more active flipping.

Date: 09/25/13
9 - Bandos Helmet -  260,000 - 5.41%
Bought this last night.  It was under mid. Sold it tonight for above mid.  Playing around with new items still.
Spoiler:
10 - Royal Dragonhide - 809,600 - 3.02%
This flip took about 36 hours.  Took some time for them to get back to my buy price, but then they quickly rose for me resulting in profit.
Spoiler:
11 - Garb of Subjugation - 377,000 - 5.38%
Getting ready for bed right now, I figured I'd try and make a quick easy couple hundred thousand.  I could have stretched my margins, but I did this flip in less than 20 minutes.  I figure this way I can put an overnight offer in for it again, and make even more in the morning.
Spoiler:
The days review - Slow day, all 6 slots are filled with buy/sell offers.  Most of today was just selling stuff I was holding for a couple days.  Fell below my new goal of 2M per day.  Hopefully I'll make it up with tomorrow's flips.

Date: 09/26/13
12 - Pernix Boots - 690,000 - 7.66%
This was an overnight sell, I bought before I went to bed last night.
Spoiler:
13 - Garb of Subjugation - 285,000 - 4.07%
20 Minute flip.  Just trying to do something quick.  I cut prices to get the quick profit, no sense on waiting while I'm out and ab out for another 15k-20k.
Spoiler:
14 - Dragon Chainbody - 396,000 - 2.13%
Bought these this morning and sold them this afternoon.  One of my regular items.
Spoiler:
15 - Blue Dragon Leather - 637,500 - 2.57%
Leathers are good, leathers are great.
Spoiler:
16 - Black Dragon Leather - 855,660 - 2.69%
I bought these last night, and they just sold, so this was about a 24 hour flip.
Spoiler:
The days review - Went with some old standy's today.  Margins on higher end items are still jacked up due to the new bonds.

Spoiler:
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 30/9/2013, 9:29 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 102M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 128M

Weekly summary - I tried some new items this week again. Some drygores, they are fun but frustrating. It seems that tons of people flip them and the profit is always 1M regardless of which drygore item. It takes the fun out of merchanting them. I did more flips than usual this week, and used more of my wealth in some of the flips. My confidence still lags when doing single items for mass amounts of gps. It was a very profitable week for me, hopefully the next week will be as well.

Date: 09/30/2013

1 - Black Dragon Leather - 3,010,500 - 2.80%
I was out of town for the weekend, so I put a buy offer in on Saturday, after I checked, they had dropped a bit, so I put my sell offer in and they just finished selling.  Used all of my stack on this one.
Spoiler:
2 - Magic Logs - 980,000 - 5.76%
Buy offer came in within 3 minutes, took about 2 hours to sell. These were bought and sold below mid.
Spoiler:
3 - Zamorakian Spear - 310,000 - 3.96%
Could only manage to buy 2 at my buy price, as they were below mid.  They both sold for over 100k above mid.
Spoiler:
The days review - Great day for me today, maybe my usual items, but 4M profit isn't a bad day at all IMO.

Date: 10/1/2013
4 - Royal Dragonhide - 233,562 - 0.7%
These had a great margin, but turned to crap. Overnight flip on an item that was rising.
Spoiler:
6 - Barrow's - Guthan's Set - 990,000 - 3.38%
These were rising at the time, overnight flip.
Spoiler:
7 - Christmas Tree Hat - 970,000 - 3.13%
These were falling, overnight flip.  Sold quickly this morning.
Spoiler:
8 - Dragon Pickaxe - 900,000 - 1.21%
If you were in cc or ranks IRC, I gave margins on this as soon as this batch filled.  About a 30 minute flip from time the buy offer went in, until I cashed out.  They are rising, trying to get some more.  Shoulda waited to give my margins.
Spoiler:
9 - Zamorakian Spear - 204,000 - 1.28%
Flipped this earlier today, only managed to get 4 at my buy price, but the margins changed quick and they sold within 10 minutes of me putting sell offer in.
Spoiler:
10 - Blue Dragon Leather - 918,738 -2.60%
My buy offer came in quickly, took some time to sell, when I first put my sell offer in a batch sold instantly.  They slowed sold after that. Didn't get full buy shot for leather though
Spoiler:
11 - Dragon Chainbody - 702,000 - 3.59%
Bought these on the 30th, just sold them tonight, looong time to sell.
Spoiler:
The days review -  No way I'll be able to keep the number of flips up. I've been lucky with margins and selecting items.  I have some new stuff that I have offers in for as overnights.  Hopefully all my buy offers fill and my sell offers sell.

Date: 10/02/2013
12 - Green Dragon Leather - 1,055,191 - 3.29%
These are rising at the moment.  I bought them above mid and sold them above my price check point.  They all sold instantly above my pc point.  But I love easy million gp flips.
Spoiler:
The days review - My items from yesteday night didn't pan out, they didn't fill... I have 4 sell offers in for tonight to try and sell my crap from today, and I have 2 buy offers in.  Hopefully my stuff fills.

Date: 10/03/2013
13 - Zamorakian Spear - 369,000 - 1.06%
Overnight flip.  Bought before I went to bed and sold when I woke up.
Spoiler:
14 - Dragon Chainbody - 420,000 -6.71%
These had great margins last night.  However I only got 3 overnight, they nearly instantly sold this morning for me.
Spoiler:
The days review -Very slow day, I spent most of the day doing the new quest, which for the life of me I can't beat the fight at the end.  Did 2 of my go to items, I have some nex gear buy offers in, hopefully they fill.  They are normally good for a 1M profit or so each.

Date: - 10/04/2013
15 - Raw Rocktail - 240,000 - 1.74%
These were rising at the time.  I noticed the price for cooked rocktail was rising as well.  I figured the raw price would continue to rise as long as the cooked version was.  Either way I figured I'd be safe, I've got 99 cooking so I could cook them if need be.
Spoiler:
16 - Off-Hand Drygore Mace - 1,000,000 - 2.63%
I'm still wary of doing drygore stuff.  I see merchz graphs were everyone of them is always a 1M profit.  I know it comes from the fc, but I'm still wary.  I got this offer in before the last ge update, and they rose afterwards, if I'd have held, I would have profited more.  Hindsight is 20/20.
Spoiler:
17 - Zamorakian Spear - 2,907,530 -5.43%
These were rising again, an overnight flip.  I put offer in for 14, and the offer filled.  The margins had changed by the time I got woke up, so the first 8 instant sold for above my sell offer, and the rest sold soon thereafter.
Spoiler:
The days review - Highly profitable day today, played with a drygore, I should do it more often, just highly wary of using random people's margins, you never know what you can trust from the fc's.

Date: 10/05/2013
18 -Off-hand Drygore Mace - 1,000,000 - 2.50%
Got my buy and sell prices from merchz. Buy came in quickly really had me worried, however, sell took about 2 hours. So I was content.
Spoiler:
19 - Barrow's-Karil's Set - 495,000 - 2.44%
These had me worried, they've been rising and then the bottom has been falling out, making for tough flips. However I profited by taking a chance.
Spoiler:
The days review - Quick day flipping, made some easy profits, however, real life came about.

Date: 10/06/2013
20 - Green Dragon Leather - 408,000 - 1.92%
Back to one of my standbys, I know, it's old, but it's profitable. I had a free 20M to use, and figured what better safe way to do it. These were rising, I bought them in the morning and sold just before work.
Spoiler:
The days review -[/spoiler] Just one flip for today, as you can see by my last screenshot I have alot of gps tied up in a Divine. It's my first time flipping it, hopefully it works out.

Last edited by Isen on 7/10/2013, 3:44 am; edited 10 times in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 30/9/2013, 11:23 pm

nice black dragon leather Razz you could try flipping drygores occasionally if you are familiar with the fc should help out for some active flipping Smile
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 7/10/2013, 4:01 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 128M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 140M

Weekly summary -  I got burned by Drygore again, I hate them.  I'm done with them.  I can't figure them out, why chance it?  I tried some new stuff, like Spirit Shields this week.  I did alot of my d chains. I keep hearing, Isen try something new.  If your favorite samwich is a PB & J, then why make a Ham samwich?  Barrows sets were good to me as well as dragon leathers.

Date: 10/07/2013

1 - Divine Spirit Shield - 200,000 - .28%
I've never flipped these before, let alone owned one.  This was an inactive flip, the buy and sell were both below mid.  It was a successful flip.  I didn't lose money.  But to be honest, I don't know how I did.  200k profit at .28% or 300k at 2.5%.  I prefer the 300k at 2.5%, less gps tied up in the item.
Spoiler:
2 - Drygore Rapier - 1,000,000 - 1.22%
This flip took about 2 hours from the time I put in my buy offer until it sold.  I still don't understand how the margins on all the drygore stuff is always 1M.
Spoiler:
3 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 952,000 - 3.40%
These were rising.  I've been playing with Barrows items more often lately.  If you catch the ebbs and flows, they can be quite profitable and fast.
Spoiler:
4 - Dragon Chainbody   - 448,000 - 2.86%
The buy prices on these was below mid and the sell was just above mid. Flip took about an hour and a half from the time I put in the buy offer until they all sold.
Spoiler:
The days review - Not many flips today.  Tried some higher wealth things, still not confident in my margins or other people's price points.  But I have a lot of gps tied up in some items.  Hopefully they sell so I can secure profit.

Date: 10/10/2013
5 - Dragon Chainbody - 580,005 - 2.96%
I bought these on the 8th, I didn't have time to log in on the 9th, so I threw them in at my old sell price and they sold within 5 minutes.  Don't leave stuff for 2 days without checking your sell price, you cost yourself profit.
Spoiler:
The days review - One flip, it's a standby of mine, but it was profit.  I have 80M tied up in drygores that are falling, I think I'm going to pull the plug and try and sell to just break even.  I hate this.  Gps tied up and can't even sell for a managable loss.

Date: 10/11/2013
6 - Barrows- Guthan's Set -  2,610,000 - 13.81%
The margins on these weren't right, or so I thought.  I kept my buy offer in and managed to get 6 of the 9 I put offers in for.  I sold them within 10 minutes of my buy offer completing.  Rising item that was rising faster than people could buy.
Spoiler:
The days review  - Sold drygore mace today, lost around 2M on it, it sucks.  Wasted too much time on an item that was falling and finally bounced.
7 - Dragon Pickaxe - 572,000 - 1.56%
These were rising, and rising fast.  I only managed to get 2 for my buy price, and sold above what my sell price would have been because I noticed it was rising and I didn't get many at my buy price.  Note to self.
Spoiler:
The days review - I managed to free up 80M, but I didn't do much with it.  I'm disappointed in myself.  I had 1 good flip, but didn't take full advantage of my merchanting wealth.  It's getting frustrating.
8 - Blue Dragon Leahter - 462,049 - 3.79%

I didn't get a full screenshot with time in it, so I won't count it as the 12th when I flipped it.  Rising item, managed to get very few of them, but made a decent profit.
Spoiler:

Date: 10/13/2013
9  - Torva Gloves - 3,000,000 - 10.34%
Put the offer in before I left for work and it filled.  Sold quickly when I put sell offer in, well above medium.
Spoiler:
10 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 1,035,000 - 3.32%
Rising hard, this was an overnight flip.  Put offer in when I went to work, it filled overnight, and sold nearly instantly in the morning.
Spoiler:
11 - Dragon Full Helm - 1,350,000 - 2.19%
Same as previous item.  I noted that margins were decent, so I thought I would play with them.
Spoiler:
color=#33ccff]The days review[/color] -I did some inactives today, using much of my wealth. Unfortunately the GWD stuff I had offers in for never bought, the margins were higher than usual. I should have tried to cut my profits and put buy offers in for more.

Last edited by Isen on 14/10/2013, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 14/10/2013, 2:05 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 140M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 149M

Weekly summary - Barrows and GWD items were the items of the week.  GWD limits are only 1/4, but if I have a free GE slot I need to remember to put an offer in for 2 or 3 of them.  Depending on the item, it could be an easy 1M profit on an overnight slot for upwards of 25% profit each time.  I still have a ton of my wealth tied up in a single flip, hopefully they bounce soon so I can take my profits and put them to another use.  If not, I plan on at least breaking even with them, so I might have less to flip with.

Date: 10/14/2013

1 - Boots of Subjugation - 570,000 - 36.36%
I bought these yesterday, and was trying to maximize profits.  I held them and sold them overnight, making a great profit.
Spoiler:

2 - Saradomin's Hiss - 584,000 - 23.65%
Another great profit on multiple item inactive flip.  The problem is that the limit is 1.  If you can stock these over a day or so, your gp profit is nuts.  However, sometimes it's hard to even get 1 at your buy point.
Spoiler:

3 - Zamorak Godsword - 490,000 - 2.24%
These were falling.  Both the buy and sell prices were below mid.  Margins were decent.  I guess you could call this an active flip.  From the time I put buy offer in until they all sold was about 45 minutes.
Spoiler:

The days review - Not alot of flips today, I've got just over 60M tied up in some dragon items, that just aren't selling... I've also got some sell offers in for some barrows gear, and something else I'm hoping to make great profit on.  Margins weren't that big today.  I pc'd all of the godswords when I found that zammy's had a decent margin.  And by decent, I mean over 2%.  That is my goal for most of my flips.

Date: 10/15/2013

4 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 441,000 - 1.4%
This was my barrow's sell offer I had in.  The margins on these are constant.  However, you get spikes which can make for greater profits.  Overnight flip.
Spoiler:

5 - Blue Dragon Leather - 644,000 - 1.79%
The buy offer on these came in extremely quick.  However the sell took awhile.  I could have lowered my sell price, but I held on for some profits.  These were buying and selling below mid.  
Spoiler:

The days review - None of my buy offers filled on my overnight.  And only my Guthan's set's sold overnight.  Prices should be interesting on most items after next ge update.  I'm still holding my dragon items and my semi-secret item.  Hopefully they sell tonight and I don't get killed during ge update.

Date: 10/17/2013

6 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 270,000 - 4.01%
These took awhile to just fill for the 2 I got.  I tried to increase my buy price several times, but they still wouldn't buy so I sold them for above what my sell price point should have been.
Spoiler:

The days review I have almost all of my gps tied up in Dragon items and Vesta's gear.  My buy prices were low enough that I can withstand a couple ge updates and still profit, so rather then take offers out, I'm leaving them in.  The stuff will sell for my price point, but I feel it's a good investment.

Date: 10/19/13

7 - Saradomin's Hiss - 195,000 - 24.22%
I wish the limits were higher on these.  They are good for a couple hundred gp profit on overnights.  I just need to remember to leave a slot open for them.
Spoiler:

8 - Dragon Chainbody - 670,000 - 2.87%
I put the offer in on these last night, I sold them in the morning when I got home from work.  Decent little overnight profit for me.
Spoiler:

The days review - Lots of GWD's buy offers in, hopefully they fill.  I'm still sitting on the Vesta's and the dragon stuff.  I've also got one of my regular items in as a sell offer, should be decent profit when I wake up.

Date:10/20/13

9 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 742,000 - 3.11%
Overnight sell offer for these.  I bought them last night before I went to bed.
Spoiler:

10 -Vesta's Longsword - 2,928,000 -5.77%
Finally sold the Vesta's.  I knew I had plenty of wiggle room.  These are still buying and selling well below mid.  Took me almost a week to sell them.  I want to stick with stuff and not take losses, so I hung in there until they sold.
Spoiler:

11 - Blue Dragon Leather - 1,129,887 - 2.93%
This was an active flip.  They filled quickly on the buy side.  Selling took a little longer.  These are rising.  
Spoiler:

12 - Dragon Hatchet - 603,000 - 1.57%
Missed this one earlier.  The buy offer came in for the 9 of them in less than 5 minutes.  It had me scared because they came in so fast.  They sold within 15 minutes of me putting offer in.
Spoiler:

The days review Day off today, so lots of time on the computer for playing rs.  My Vesta's finally sold.  I was happy I held them rather than bail and try and sell for break even.  Did some stuff that I use as a go-to, leathers are such easy profits when the margins are were they are right now.  Dragonhides have tiny margins at the moment so I assume that the leather profits will probably shrink until the next ge update.

Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 22/10/2013, 11:13 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 149M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 158M

Weekly summary - I started the week flipping the same stuff and then branched out later in the week. I started putting offers in for different GWD stuff and made a decent profit. I've been merchanting for well over 4 years, and have had a serious brain fart not putting multiple limit offers in on inactive/overnights. I learned from it. I'm an old dog, but it's not a new trick, I just quit being lazy and did the trick.

Date: 10/21/2013

1 - Dragon Chainbody - 491,994 - 2.37%
Active flip.  These are one of my standby, get me by items.  I know I can keep a consistent profit of over 2% with these.  I aim to keep each of my flips over 1.0%  These are always profitable for me, and they can be a good active flip, buying full limits and sellling with an hour at times.
Spoiler:

2 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 329,000 - 1.36%
A little less profit then I like to see on these percentage wise.  I did this flip while I was finishing up my cap at the citadel.  It's nice to set smaller margins sometimes, because you can breeze through more flips.  Sometimes this is good to do when the Ge is about to update.  You don't get hurt as much taking small profits when the GE hasn't updated in a while.  I've tried other barrows sets, but I don't get the percentage profit that I do on these. And when I do, it affects my ability to profit with these.
Spoiler:

3 - Bandos Gloves - 250,000 - 8.77%
I bought this one quick, however it took me a couple days to sell.  GWD items are very profitable percentage wise and are great for overnight stuff if you have a slot open.  Once again, keep an open GE slot for overnights on GWD items.  Easy couple thousand profit.  Great for people who are new to merchanting and flipping.  Use fc's if you are unsure on margins.
Spoiler:

The days review - A lazy day sitting around working on flips between getting my caps done.  I didn't do a lot today and slacked, but I got to play some rs too.

Date: 10/22/2013

4 - Armadyl Gloves - 290,000 - 4.22%
I bought these before I went to bed last night, threw them in the GE to sell overnight and they did.  Another GWD item with easy profits.  I screwed up and didn't get my timed screenshots in, I had a full bank and people were putting on divine hunter and rune stuff, so I needed to make bank space fast.  
Spoiler:

5 - Dragon Chainbody - 600,003 - 2.92%
Bought these before I went to bed last night and sold them this morning.  Screwed up on screenshot due to needing bank space and inventory space.
Spoiler:

The days review - Slow day, just 2 flips. I've still got a ton tied up in some dragon items that aren't selling, I'm still holding out on them.  If I sold now it would free a ton of wealth, but I still stand to profit, so holding out.

Date: 10/23/2013

6 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 776,000 - 2.89%
Decent profit on these.  I bought these last night before I went to work.  They sold  while I was at work.  Once again, got above 2.50% profit on these, if you catch margins at the right time, you can stretch for even more profit.
Spoiler:

7 - Hood of Subjugation - 275,000 - 9.12%
Great profits on these GWD items.  Once again, keep an open GE slot for overnights,  put offers in for multiple items, and enjoy your profits.  Bought this before bed and sold overnight.
Spoiler:

8 - Saradomin's Whisper - 290,000 - 5.91%
I bought this on 10/21/13, the margins have been messed up and it finally sold overnight for me.  Sometimes you get overeager on items and you have to get your profits while you can.  I always try and stretch profits and need to stop doing it, and get my profits when I can.  It is a character flaw.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just my usual overnights.  I need to take my own advice, sell my dragon stuff that I have 60m tied up in and cut my losses.  I'm too hard headed.  I've got an offer in for something I used to flip all the time, and the margins are nice at the moment.  Hopefully the buy offer fills before I got to work tonight.  Otherwise it could be an interesting sell time.

Date: 10/24/2013

9 - Air Orb - 627,054 - 4.09%
I used to flip these all the times when the limits weren't limited by time. I should get back to these. High limit item with great profits.
Spoiler:

The days review - Only the one flip today, but it was fairly profitable, can't complain about a 4% profit on a 15M flip. I did a lot of pcing today, but the margins just were not friendly. None of my 3 GWD slots bought at all today, I'm disappointed in that. Tied up slots for nothing.

Date: 10/26/2013

10 - Dragon Chainbody - 350,000 - 1.53%
Threw this offer in late yesterday, I put an offer in for 10, because I forgot to take one out after my pc, but it's still profit. I need to get into the habit of putting offers in for more than 1 limit on overnights.
Spoiler:

11 - Black Dragon Leather - 749,000 - 1.91%
Bought these last week, they were rising at the time, then the GE updated, they fell, I held them for profit, it kinda worked out.
Spoiler:

The days review - Standby items flipped. I have offers in for GWD almost always, I need to increase my buy prices when I put them in. My offers are higher than the FC's and merchz, but they don't fill. You can't win them all.

Date: 10/27/2013

12 - Red Dragon Leather - 588,800 - 2.81%
Unfortunately I only had the free gps for the 4600 I put the offer in for, would have been a 1M flip had I had the gps available.
Spoiler:

13 - Garb of Subjugation - 530,000 - 3.22%
Finally got some GWD items to buy. Got a couple of them for my buy price. I cut my sell price on them too, in order to make sure that they would sell.
Spoiler:

14 - Torva Boots - 1,940,000 - 5.7%
Another multiple item GWD limit. I knew I just had to increase my buy offers a little to make some serious profits. Now to just remember to do it.
Spoiler:

15 - Bandos Gloves - 540,000 - 6.38%
I have finally figured it out, and am keeping with the increase buy price for mulitple GWD items. I love when things work out like this.
Spoiler:

The days review - Multiple GWD items flipped, and for multiple limits. Today was a revelation in my mind and I had to relearn what I knew, but hadn't been doing. I learned from my mistakes.

Last edited by Isen on 28/10/2013, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Broadus 26/10/2013, 10:10 pm

I am reading this wishing one day.

Calvin Broadus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 28/10/2013, 9:32 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 158M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 166M

Weekly summary - Tried a couple new things this week. Used alot of my old standbys. This week I finally sold my dragon full helms. One of my merchanting disasters. I broke even, not bad, right? Yes, I held 60M+ in gps in them and they were going nowhere but down. Luckily I didn't hold them for too long and didn't lose most of my bank holding, like I could have.

Date: 10/28/2013

1 - Blue Dragon Leather - 179,856 - 1.88%
I put the offer in for these last night before I went to work.  However, I didn't even get 1/4 of my limit on them.  Upset about that, but still decent profit for the time.  I put my sell offer in when I went to sleep today and they had sold by the time I woke up.
Spoiler:

2 - Zamorakian Spear - 587,560 - 1.78%
Bought these last night before work, I put my sell offer in when I got home in the morning and they instant sold at the old margin price.  You win some, you lose some.
Spoiler:

3 - Dragon Chainbody - 418,000  - 1.68%
Decent profit.  I threw this buy offer in before I laid down this morning.  I did it for the gps I had in my pouch knowing it would be for slightly more than one limit.
Spoiler:

4 - Boots of Subjugation - 270,000 - 22.13%
Insane percentage prices as usual.  However when I put my buy offer in only got one at my price point.
Spoiler:

The days review - Did some overnights and finally sold those, I have my dragon items still, they are starting to bounce, I'm looking for the full screenshot of when I bought them.  Otherwise, I've got all 6 slots full of some inactive/overnights to try and make good with.

Date: 10/29/2013

5 - Virtus Robe Legs - 1,000,000 - 5.26%
I used merchz prices on this for an overnight flip.  For those who don't know merchz is a website that combines prices from many different fc's to give you margins on items for flipping.
Spoiler:

6 - Zamorakian Spear -  846,000 - 2.29%
Bought these for an overnight.  These are quickly becoming one of my favorites when I have 45M free or so to flip these.  Good profits at that range, and for that amount of wealth to have available.
Spoiler:

7 - Saradomin's Whisper - 480,000 - 10.88%
Love these, love these.  If you have a free GE slot for an overnight try GWD items.  For the ease of flips and the nice profits, they are a thing of beauty.
Spoiler:

The days review -  Just a few flips today.  Nice profits, I wish I could just find more time to get on the computer to merch.

Date: 10/30/2013

8 - Black Dragon Leather - 731,393 - 2.57%
These were rising,  I got in at a good price and got just over half a limit.  However, my buy price wasn't high enough to get a full limit, but because they were rising, it made them quite easy to sell.
Spoiler:

The days review -  Just the one flip today, but it was a decent one.  I have all 6 GE slots filled, hopefully my offers all complete, it should set me up for a good weekend then.

Date: 11/02/2013

9 - Zamorakian Spear - 1,668,758 - 3.11%
Put an offer in for more than 1 limit before I went to bed, luckily it bought for my buy price and didn't crash for when it came time to sell.  If you notice, for once I don't have a round amount in my buy price.  I got one of these about 2 minutes after I had my buy offer in and got cash back, I assume because it was a coinshare split.
Spoiler:

10 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 1,773,000 - 6.56%
Bought these on the 28th, finally got them to sell today.  Decent profit for the length of time that it took me to sell.  Goes to show if you hold onto items when they are being finicky they can sell for profit.
Spoiler:

The days review -  Just a couple post Halloween flips.  Unfortunately, my GE offers are all caddywampus.  The GE updated, my margins changed, stuff that I had buy offers in for didn't buy, my sell offers are all messed up because the GE updated the prices the wrong way.  Goes to show that timing is oh so important in things.

Date: 11/03/2013

11 - Torva Gloves - 1,200,000 - 5.5%
I put this offer in last night before I went to work and they bought overnight.  I used the updated Merchz price to sell them and they sold instant.  I could have squeaked out more profit, but I can't complain about the profit I did get.
Spoiler:

The days review - I sold my dragon full helms today, which is the dragon items I was referring to the past 2 weeks. However, I forgot to take screenshots of it, but it freed much of my gps up for profit next week. Today merchanting wise was uneventful. Lots of offers in still, mostly buys, hoping they buy and the margins stay the same so I can profit.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Isen on 4/11/2013, 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Runeyy 30/10/2013, 1:35 am

Isen, it has been a while my friend. I'm definitely a fan of this log. You have a great balance of risky vs. stable items here. That combined with your patient profit margins I doubt even the biggest of RS economic catastrophes could have hindered you from making a profit. Very nice.
Runeyy
Runeyy
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 8/11/2013, 3:00 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 166M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 175M

Weekly summary - I tried alot of new things this week.  I learned alot.   Multiple limts if you have the wealth to do so can make for good profits, as long as the margins don't swing too much during the time.  New items are tough to get a handle on, but when you do can be great profits as well.

Date: 11/04/2013

1 - Torva Full Helm - 1,000,000 - 1.64%
I used merchz prices on this.  I noticed they were rising and put in an overnight offer for 2.
Spoiler:

2 - Black Dragonhide - 351,044 - 1.52%
I put an offer in for a limit before I went to bed, unfortunately I didn't get a full limit, but did make a decent profit from these.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just a couple items today.  I finally freed up a large portion of my cash stack for merchanting again.  Still playing with nex items and such.  I'm still trying to learn their patterns.

Date: 11/05/2013

3 - Torva Boots - 2,972,000 - 6.27%
One of the nex items I was talking about.  Did 3 of these on an overnight, decent profits.
Spoiler:

The days review -  I had multiple offers in for multiple nex items in all day.  Unfortunately I only managed to get the boots bought and sold today.  Hopefully my other items get my the same percentage profits that these did.

Date: 11/06/2013

4 - Infinity Robes Set - 800,000 - 2.91%
I saw that these were rising and only managed to get 2, but still managed 400k profit each on them.  It's good to try new items.
Spoiler:

The days review - I updated all the prices on all the nex items I had offers in for and none managed to buy.  It means they are all rising.  Hopefully I don't buyin at the high point and have to deal with trying to sell them after a rise.  The robes set was a spur of the moment item.  I saw several people offering over GE mid price for them at the GE, so I tried them out.  I wish I would have put my buy offer in higher.  I've got an overnight offer in for a couple limits of one of my regular items, they are slowly filling, should be decent.

Date: 11/07/2013

5 - Dragon Chainbody - 855,000 - 2.20%
He shoots, and scores.   I managed to get my buy offer filled before I went to work and threw them right back in the GE to sell overnight.
Spoiler:

6 - Pernix Gloves -800,000 - 1.85%
Finally managed to sell these, bought them at their top and they stagnated a GE spot, but I did manage to squeeze out a small profit.
Spoiler:

7 - Virtus Mask - 960,000 - 2.34%
I bought these when I got home in the morning from work.  Threw them back into the GE when I went to sleep.  Manged to make decent profit again.  I think I'm getting the hang of the Nex stuff.
Spoiler:

The days review - Good little day today.  Playing alot with some new items, getting ahold of the margins on them, hopefully I can equate that knowledge to more profits.

Date: 11/08/2013

8 - Spectral Spirit Shield - 200,000 - 3.45%
Quick 20 minute flip on this.  I could have gotten more profit, but for the little amount I had in, I figured quick would be better.
Spoiler:

9 - Off-hand Drygore Mace - 1,000,000 - 2.78%
Merchz prices used.  I put offer in for overnight and it sold while I slept.
Spoiler:

The days review - Lots of pc's today, and some gps tied up in some higher wealth things.  Hopefully all goes well with them.  I tried some drygore stuff again.  I was leary after my adventures last time.  But, practice makes perfect.

Date: 11/09/2013

10 - Drygore Longsword - 1,000,000  - 1.15%
Drygore alert. And a profit.  Took almost 24 hours from buy to sell.
Spoiler:

The days review - Single profitable flip.  I've got an offer in for a multiple limit item, hopefully it pans out and buys otherwise will be a slow day.

Date: 11/10/2013

11 - Black Dragon Leather - 1,677,050 - 3.16%
I didn't get nearly the amount of these I wanted at my buy price.  I still managed to turn a decent profit though.
Spoiler:

The days review - Another profitable day, I must have pc'd 40 items today.  Couldn't find decent margins on anything for quick flips.

Last edited by Isen on 12/11/2013, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next