Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zakat's Merchanting Diary

4 posters

Go down

Zakat's Merchanting Diary Empty Zakat's Merchanting Diary

Post by zakat 6/7/2013, 9:34 pm

Week 1:

Last edited by zakat on 24/8/2013, 3:01 am; edited 61 times in total
zakat
zakat
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Zakat's Merchanting Diary Empty Re: Zakat's Merchanting Diary

Post by zakat 6/7/2013, 9:34 pm

Week 2:

Last edited by zakat on 30/7/2013, 5:56 am; edited 11 times in total
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 6/7/2013, 9:36 pm

week 3:

Last edited by zakat on 6/8/2013, 1:45 am; edited 17 times in total
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 6/7/2013, 9:36 pm

Week 4:

Week 5:

Last edited by zakat on 13/8/2013, 5:21 am; edited 14 times in total
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 6/7/2013, 10:28 pm

Pretty nice =D Keep it up!
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 15/7/2013, 6:20 am

Week 6:

Week 7

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 1432m
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: don't know

Weekly summary: My busiest week yet but I still managed some nice flips. I decided to spend most of my available time trying to ride the wave of singularities. That worked for a few days until I put a good chunk of my wealth in ascension crossbows right at their peak. I was trying to squeeze out some profit on a quickly rising item but, as always, there are risks when flipping. They crashed on me pretty hard and I've been stuck with them for the rest of the week. Next week I'll try to minimize my loss on those ascension crossbows then hopefully get back to flipping. If I can't get out of the ascension crossbows quickly I probably won't update this for next week.

Date: August 19, 2013

1 - Seismic Singularity - 15000k - 2.31%
After I sold out after the crash I put a lowball buy offer in. In hindsight selling the 2 for a 90m loss was smart as I could have lost another 100m or so by not selling. After about an hour I managed to snag one at 650m from what I assume was a panic seller as I was able to quickly turn it over for a 15m profit.
Spoiler:

2 - Seismic Singularity - 15000k - 1.19%
Before going to bed I put in a lowball offer for 1 on 2 accounts. My offers didn't fill by the time I woke up but learning from the mistakes I made yesterday, I left the buy offers in and didn't raise my buy price like I did yesterday. After a few hours the first one bought and I decided to try for 10m profit as, based on what the fc was reporting, I bought it from a panic seller. It sold surprisingly quickly which surprised me. The second one bought after the first one sold so I was  less optimistic that I bought for a really low price. I decided to be more cautious this time as being greedy caused me to lose 100m last time so I settled for 5m profit.
Spoiler:

The day's review - Not much activity today but I did manage to make 30m back from what I've lost the last few days. I won't be very active the rest of this week but if I can manage to make 30m with such little time and effort it will be a good week.

Date: August 20, 2013

3 - Seismic Singularity - 41301k - 5.91%
I had put in a very low lowball offer in for 1 of these on each of my accounts at 600m overnight. Obviously they didn't buy. When I woke up the fc was reporting 635b. I bumped my offer up to 625m before having to go out for an hour. When I got back the fc was reporting 650b and 10 minutes later was reporting 660b. This item doesn't tend to have slow rises or slow drops, so I figured, after Divination was released, this item would shoot back up again. I attempted a buy offer of 660m then 670m then 680m then became a bit more hesitant about going any further. Based on prior rises I figured I could count on it reaching 750m. I ultimately bought instantly at just under 699m and set my sell offer at 740m, 10m under the price I was pretty confident it would hit. I went out for lunch for an hour and came back to a satisfying message from the grand exchange.
Spoiler:

4 - Seismic Singularity - 14000k - 1.89%
Right after I instant bought my last sing for just under 699m I attempted to buy another one on my other account. I started at 700m then raised it to 710m. At this time I had my other sing in to sell for 720m before I bumped it up to 740m. I didn't bother raising it because I felt confident it would buy as I was out. Unfortunately it didn't and I missed out on 30-40m profit. At this time the fc was reporting 735b so I thought I could squeeze out some more profit. I instant bought at 741m which led me to believe they were on the rise again. I initially set my sell offer at 760m but someone updated the price in fc to 760b and since I didn't sell mine I was a little worried about manippers even though it could have been 759.7 or something. Anyway I dropped my sell offer by 5m just to be safe and it sold in about 10 minutes, about an hour after I bought it.
Spoiler:

The day's review - I was very lucky to predict the 100m rise of singularities today. I've managed to make a good chunk of the cash I lost back in the last 2 days. I had two nice sing flips today but also put in offers for ascension crossbows that haven't completed yet. We'll see how those work out tomorrow.

Date: August 21, 2013

5 - Seismic Singularity - 20000k - 2.78%
Before going to bed last night I noticed the prices of these were a little low. Based on prior experience I was pretty sure the 716s the fc was reporting was just the low part of a fluctuation. I attempted to instantly buy but couldn't buy at 720m so I left it in and it bought about 10 minutes later. I originally set my sell offer at 750m and left it overnight. When I woke up it hadn't sold but the fc was reporting 740b as the price. I lowered my sell offer to 740m and it sold after about 20 minutes of training Divination.
Spoiler:

The day's review - The Ascensions didn't come through. In fact, they're down about 60m total for me as of now but I'm going to be so busy the next few days I'll just leave them in the G.E. for a while and hope I can profit. So far this week, I only have Seismic Singularities logged but I've been following them extremely closely and it's pretty fun to flip them.

Date: August 23, 2013

6 - Saradomin Godsword - 5670k - 1.83%
I've been extremely busy today and have most of my wealth tied up in items that haven't been going well. I finally found some time today and had enough wealth for a full limit of sgs's. These were trading below mid and had a little less than 200k margins. I was in no rush though so I set my own sell price after buying. I wanted a 5m+ flip and was busy for the rest of the day so I set my sell price at 35m which was about 90k below mid. I checked it about 4 hours later and they had all sold.
Spoiler:

The day's review - Been too busy the last few days to do any merchanting. All I've had time to do is check on my ascension flips, which occupy a large portion of my wealth, that are failing miserably. It's not too much of a worry because I don't have the time to do anything else with that money anyway. It would be nice to do some overnight seismic flips but I'd rather just wait out the ascensions than take a heavy loss, especially when I don't have the time to make it up.

Last edited by zakat on 26/8/2013, 2:59 am; edited 16 times in total
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 22/7/2013, 6:33 am

Week 2 complete.
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 29/7/2013, 7:51 am

Week 3 complete.
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 1/8/2013, 3:36 pm

Nice flips, Zakat. Have good knowledge, really try to branch out some though Razz You don't often do bulk-flips, would love to see mor eof those just as a personal opinion Razz
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Goji Berry 1/8/2013, 6:31 pm

Very nice Surprised Thoroughly impressed. You get alot done in a week. Surprised
Goji Berry
Goji Berry
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 5/8/2013, 9:07 am

Week 4 complete.
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 7/8/2013, 12:02 pm

Some food for thought, you have a tendency to flip similar items and stay within your comfort zone like the Virtus Wand. I'd really suggest trying to branch out some from what you're used to and also perhaps to try to utilize your wealth more you could do some bulk flips at the same time you do higher wealth flips. I tend to do this often. Here's some random item suggestions that might help get the juices flowing to branch out Razz

- Royal dragonhide
- Ahrim's Book of Magic
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 26/8/2013, 3:02 am

Updated for week 7. Also might not update this next week.
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down