Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts?

5 posters

Go down

I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts? Empty I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts?

Post by Mh4x 10/5/2015, 8:08 pm

Don't know if anyone will respond to this, but I've been gifted an apple watch as a known coder. I've heard that the platform is still seen as buggy for third party apps and requires an iphone within bluetooth range (ugh), but I have one and am going to work on some app ideas for it. What do you guys think, next big innovation or another irrelevant apple product? Question
Mh4x
Mh4x
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts? Empty Re: I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts?

Post by Michael 12/5/2015, 2:33 pm

I've been a huge Apple enthusiast for well over 10 years. I believe that over the next several generations of Watch the platform will evolve and become very useful. At the current time I am not going to purchase the Watch because I'm going to wait for a generation or two before I invest in the platform.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts? Empty Re: I'm getting an apple watch soon... thoughts?

Post by Daxaal 19/5/2015, 2:18 pm

The smartwatch idea for me doesn't seem to have a place in day to day life at the moment, at least I can't see myself using it that much or needing to purchase one at the moment.

Like it has the bad sides of a watch and smartphone combined into 1. Smartwatch has a poor battery life of a smartphone and tiny display size of a watch. While it has some good capabilities such as being able to see notifactions or read emails/text message/articles, in most of those cases I would just take my smart phone out of my pocket and use it.

Although I'm looking forward as to how people will use their smartwatches and what apps will come out to make use of it Smile.

When the ipad first came out I saw it as a weaker/simpler version of a laptop and didn't think it would be useful, but overtime better apps and upgrades to the newer generation ipads came out and now I can I use it for my study Smile (Has office 365, cloud storage, and is way lighter than a laptop Very Happy)
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frekwency 22/5/2015, 2:15 am

Yep I'm getting it tomorrow. It's cheap for a great watch. Everyone I know has them
Frekwency
Frekwency
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 25/5/2015, 5:55 pm

Frekwency wrote:Yep I'm getting it tomorrow. It's cheap for a great watch. Everyone I know has them

wow, me 2 I love you
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down