Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete)

+93
zzsnuzz
AustiM
Miss Ontario
xRicoo
bobalosa
Fast farmin
xPLUR
Z4CH
Yamiteh
Julian
basketjongen
throwin ones
Toxic X
Lukerez
Towno
mGeNStuffing
Oblivionixer
vakriin
kieranw5
hadezzz
woozyelimonator
tisnom1
Mr Kennedy
kampy2
wolfe485
cheetomania
Axel S
firechuong
bobsaget2
fr3sh
peepe
qwertyXz
pk rangel33t
FoTy2126
launir
Realmathers
imnotghetto
FarSayCat
SolutioN
Some1
hammons24
JimbeXVII
smurg
drewb
Chaotic Iove
oz venger
alik
sara hunterx
STD PT
freedomlord
stickbird
Simon
Mr Lolrus
kamikaze7523
explosivefun
Boltions
n3m1s1s
Profapper
tezlaz
h4xed
Dejavu
BottsLikeMe
Tornado
jared285q
Jad Assaf
Frodo Baggins
LenRz
DAARMOETEEN
tutis1111
Sebastian22
Znaxx
W23 JayKay
purebhslayer
epic_cheezee
God_Woration
Obese
antonio_martinez
zacky
SarNecKii x
Quirky
jake j25
hockey005
Lobbie O_o
weena king
milkmeister
Broeder
God Bazzar
Fail To Pwn
SpeedySkiller16
Elysian
Infight3r
Bftws
Cupid Stunts
97 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Empty lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete)

Post by Cupid Stunts 24/9/2010, 10:59 pm

Woodcutting Guide
. lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3402_wcemote

Woodcutting is one of the most popular skills to train being one of the most popular 99 skill in Runescape. It tends to be a long skill to train but needs little effort to get huge amounts of experience as your character can be chopping Ivy for over 8 Minute and gaining you massive amounts of experience, good for watching TV, films or just relaxing. Woodcutting is one of the more basic of skills but still has a lot of different aspects what i will be showing you in this guide.

Before you start woodcutting read parts 1.0-1.3.

1.0 - Hatchets

Hatchets are used to chop trees down. there are many different types of hatchets each having different woodcutting level to use and and chopping rate. always try to keep to the highest hatchet you can to incress speed.

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3398_iron Iron - WC Level: 1 - Wield: 1 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3401_steel Steel - WC Level: 5 - Wield: 5 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3395_black Black - WC Level: 6 - Wield: 10 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) T3399_mithril Mithril - WC Level: 21 - Wield: 20 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3394_adamant Adamant - WC Level: 31 - Wield: 30 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3400_rune Rune - WC Level: 41 - Wield: 40 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3396_dragon Dragon - WC Level: 61 - Wield: 60 Attack
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3397_infern Inferno Adze* - WC Level: 61 - Wield: 60 Attack

Inferno Adze: To use the Inferno Adze as a hatchet, players needs 61 Woodcutting and 92 Firemaking. To use it as a pick axe, players need 41 Mining and 92 Firemaking. It can also be used as a weapon with 1 Attack and 92 Firemaking and requires Prince in peril and All fired up. The adze will burn 25% of all logs chopped good for willow etc but bad for when your chopping Yew or magics.

Tip: If you can afford the Dragon Hatchet or Inferno Adze you should buy as they are 15% faster than the rune hatchet.

1.1 - Stealing Creation

Stealing Creation is a Mini-game and you can buy Sacred clay and volatile hatchets giving a x2.0-x2.2 Xp Boost from the points you have earned during the game

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Volatilehatchet Sacred clay - WC Level: 40 - Wield: 1 Attack - x2.0 Increased Exp
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Volatilehatchet Volatile clay - WC Level: 40 - Wield: 1 Attack - x2.2 Increased Exp

1.2 - Experience Booster's

The lumber jack clothing can give upto 2.5% Extra woodcutter Experience on all woodcutting activities, can be obtained by playing the Temple Trekking activity. This is not recommended as it will take a lot more time to get than it would be worth.

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Lumberjacktop Lumberjack top + 0.8%
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Lumberjackboots Lumberjack boots + 0.2%
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Lumberjackhat Lumberjack hat + 0.4%
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Lumberjacklegs Lumberjack legs + 0.6%

1.3 - Birds Nests

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) SnestringlFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) SnestseedlFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Snestredegg

Birds nest fall off trees as you cut them, thye come from all trees and also ivy, these can have upto 335k of value in them containing Seeds, Ring and Egg for summoning. these are worth keeping as you can crush the nest by using a Pesta and Morta and sell the nest for 6K. Wielding a Strung Rabbits Foot can incresss the chance of getting a nest by upto 50%, very good if you are at ivy alot. Strung Rabbits Foot Requires 29Hunter.

1.4 - Sawmill

Using the sawmill requires 80 woodcutting and a saw. This is a Members only feature and will give you around 50-60k WC Exp P/hour on Large task's.

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Sawmillno

(1) Receive a job from the Job Board, You can pick a quick or large job. Quick jobs have a smaller plank requirement,
while having a lot less experience, Around 2K Exp. Large jobs require more, Around 5K Exp Per large job..
(2) Gather logs from the Stack of Logs Shown as (2) on the picture above.
(3) gathering the necessary amount, load them into the conveyor belt hopper (3) in the northeast corner of the area.
(4) Once the logs have been into the conveyor belt, go to (4) and collect your planks. You will receive 2 planks per log
loaded, up to a total of 126 planks. You will need spares for when you make mistakes
(5) Cut your planks on either of the two workbenches to fulfill the job requirements listed in the upper right hand corner.
Keep doing this until you have all the cuts required. (doesn't matter if you have more than you need)
(6) Submit your completed job to the Overseer to receive your experience bonus. Then go to the cart and collect all the
spare Cutswhat you can use for your next job.

Experience for cutting the planks.

Cut PlanksDifficultyExperiencedExp. With Crystal Saw
Straight x1 Short x1 Long Easy1530
Diagonalx2 Diagonal-cutMedium 1836
Tooth & Grovex1 Tooth-cut x1 Groove-cut Hard 25 50
Curve1x Curved cut Hard 22 44

2.0 Tree's

Trees can be found all around runescape, cutting different types of trees will give different experience depending on its Required level to cut.

Normal Tree - WC Level: [1] - Exp P/Cut: 25
Achey Tree - WC Level: [1] - Exp P/Cut: 25
Oak Tree - WC Level: [15] - Exp P/Cut: 37.5
Willow Tree - WC Level: [30] - Exp P/Cut: 67.5
Teak Tree - WC Level: [35] - Exp P/Cut: 85
Cursed Willow Roots - WC Level: [37] - Exp P/Cut: 15
Hollow Tree - WC Level: [45] - Exp P/Cut: 82.5
Maple Tree - WC Level: [45] - Exp P/Cut: 100
Maple Tree - WC Level: [45] - Exp P/Cut: 110
Mahogany Tree - WC Level: [50] - Exp P/Cut: 125
Arctic Pine - WC Level: [54] - Exp P/Cut: 140.2
Eucalyptus - WC Level: [58] - Exp P/Cut: 165
Yew Tree - WC Level: [60] - Exp P/Cut: 175
Ivy - WC Level: [68] - Exp P/Cut: 332.5
Magic Tree - WC Level: [75] - Exp P/Cut: 250
Cursed Magic Tree - WC Level: [82]- Exp P/Cut: 275

2.1 Dungeoneering Trees

The following tree can only be cut during Dungeoneering.

Tangle Gum Tree - WC Level: [1] - Exp P/Cut: 35
Sleeping Elm Tree - WC Level: [10] - Exp P/Cut: 60
Blood Spindle Tree - WC Level: [20] - Exp P/Cut: 85
Utuku Tree - WC Level: [30]- Exp P/Cut: 115
Spinebeam Tree - WC Level: [40] - Exp P/Cut: 145
Bovistrangler Tree - WC Level: [50] - Exp P/Cut: 175
Thigat Tree - WC Level: [60]- Exp P/Cut: 210
Corpsethorn Tree - WC Level: [70] - Exp P/Cut: 245
Entgallow Tree - WC Level: [80] - Exp P/Cut: 285
Grave Creeper Tree - WC Level: [90] - Exp P/Cut: 330

3.0 - Locations

It is good to have a good woodcutting spot, this can be helpful for faster banking, more trees nearby etc. i will be giving
examples of the best spots to woodcut and the best bank's to use for the best Xp gain/Cash gain.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3379_woodcutting-normal-treelFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3376_woodcutting-normal-tree-map
You should cut normal trees until 15 then go onto oak what is into the same spot shown above, you can bank in the Varrock
West bank or take a knife and fletch them into arrow shafts for fletching exp.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3380_barb-willowlFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3381_barb-willow-bank
You should start to cut Willow trees at level 30 until 68 as willow trees are very fast experience and should be done at
either Draynor village or barbarian out post because both spots are very close to the bank. Dranor village is the best F2P
spot and is ofen over crowded in F2P worlds. Willows are around 30-45k Exp P/Hour.
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3386_yew-locationlFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3387_yes-map
Yew trees are very good cash but not good for leveling your woodcut.
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3382_ivy-spot-piclFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3383_ivy-spot
Cutting Ivy is the fastest Woodcutting Exp in the game being 65-85K exp P/hour but is not very profitable as you do not get
logs with this cut, money is made from Birds nests.There are lots of different Ivy spots all over runescape but the one North
west from falador is the best as it is the least populated spot. Ivy is the best and fastest method to 99 Woodcut and
is highly recommended.

Tip:
Watching TV or a DVD is a must reely if you are going to 99, you will spent a lot of time at Ivy and seen as it takes so little effort you can easily do something else to keep you interested.
lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3384_magic-treeslFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) I3385_magic-tree
Magic Trees is the fastest cash method in Woodcutting being upto 200K Per/H, it is recommended that you have above level
90 before woodcutting here because Yew trees would be more beneficial below 90.

4.0 - Quests

The following quests give experience in woodcutting, helpful if you enjoy questing.

As a first resort - 15,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Back to my roots – 40,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Within the light – 20,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Grim tales - 14,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
A void dance – 8,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Legend’s quest – 7,650 Exp. in Woodcutting
Summer’s end – 5,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Icthlarin’s Little Helper – 4,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Eyes of Glouphrie – 2,500 Exp. in Woodcutting
Monk’s Friend – 2,000 Exp. in Woodcutting
Heroes quest – 1,575 Exp. in Woodcutting
The tale of the Muspah – 800 Exp. in Woodcutting

5.0 - The Cape

Can be purchased by the Woodcutting master just a little North from Falador center for 99k. The cape gives amazing deffence bonus and if trimmed gives a +4 Prayer bonus too.

Thanks for reading my Woodcutting guid, I hope it helped.

Last edited by iDarkBarrage on 26/9/2010, 9:42 pm; edited 11 times in total
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Empty Re: lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete)

Post by Bftws 24/9/2010, 11:51 pm

Very nice guide gL on the competition Smile
Bftws
Bftws
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete) Empty Re: lFeard's Woodcutting Guide (competition-Complete)

Post by Guest 25/9/2010, 1:39 am

willows at draynor are faster but good guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 25/9/2010, 9:55 am

Randydrew6 wrote:willows at draynor are faster but good guide

Thanks, i have changed that and also added a Sawmill part. Smile

-lFeard
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Infight3r 25/9/2010, 12:03 pm

how do you get the strung rabbits foot after 29 hunter? can you buy it or do you need to do a quest?

Infight3r
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 25/9/2010, 12:09 pm

Infight3r wrote:how do you get the strung rabbits foot after 29 hunter? can you buy it or do you need to do a quest?

After 29 hunter you can wield it, you buy from grand exchange. its worth getting it befor you even start woodcut because the amount of more money you can make its amazing, just 30min work getting 29hunter will make you over 4Mil if you get 99 on ivy
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elysian 25/9/2010, 3:14 pm

Great guide this is.
Well done.
Every noob knows how to woodcut nao Twisted Evil

+repped.
Elysian
Elysian
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/theiliass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 25/9/2010, 3:19 pm

i E L L Y wrote:Great guide this is.
Well done.
Every noob knows how to woodcut nao Twisted Evil

+repped.

Lol :S Thanks for Rep

lFeard
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedySkiller16 25/9/2010, 3:31 pm

Wow, Awesome Guide lots of stuff i didn't know there and you made it reely easy to understand, love the layout. Good job! Smile Smile

SpeedySkiller16
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fail To Pwn 25/9/2010, 5:13 pm

Only thing to point out; wc isn't the second most popular 99, it's Str, Fletching, Cooking, Thieving then wc I think. Other than that nice guide, covers all the major ways to train or profit off woodcutting and the best way to get a decent exp bonus.

Something I just noticed; typo in my age. I'm 14 not 12...
Fail To Pwn
Fail To Pwn
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 25/9/2010, 5:29 pm

Fail To Pwn wrote:Only thing to point out; wc isn't the second most popular 99, it's Str, Fletching, Cooking, Thieving then wc I think. Other than that nice guide, covers all the major ways to train or profit off woodcutting and the best way to get a decent exp bonus.

Something I just noticed; typo in my age. I'm 14 not 12...

Thanks for that, Changed it. -

-lFeard Very Happy
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 26/9/2010, 9:47 pm

Add table, Tip's in various parts and corrected several spelling Errors lol!

-lFeard
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by God Bazzar 27/9/2010, 12:05 pm

very nice guide, i liked the markers you did on the map!! Very Happy

God Bazzar
God Bazzar
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

https://www.youtube.com/user/WhipedCurse?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 17/11/2010, 3:01 pm

God Bazzar wrote:very nice guide, i liked the markers you did on the map!! Very Happy

Thanks, i expected a little more posts on this guide for how many days i spent creating this.

Like that it is in a new section for skill guides Smile
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 17/11/2010, 3:03 pm

You did a great job on this guide, but the problem with guides like this is that people either already know everything, they think they know everything or they dont want to know everything Smile

But a great guide nevertheless
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 17/11/2010, 3:06 pm

Cheers, Yeh your right, thats why i added things like Sawmill, Rabbits foot, best ivy spots, Stealing Creation, lumber jack clothing. Thanks

Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/11/2010, 5:55 pm

oh also, if you're going to use lumberjack it takes about on average 4 hours( that's if you're really slow) so that's about 300k xp gone but you gain 2.5% each log so it would get you 325k xp if you were lvl 1 wc so it isn't worth it if you're woodcutting is above lvl 30 and if you're just going for 99 then stopping.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkmeister 1/12/2010, 8:31 pm

Great advice, cuz I got to 63 Wc and sorta stopped trying, because I wasn't getting enough exp.

milkmeister
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by weena king 9/12/2010, 3:59 pm

Good guide, but Teaks are faster xp that Ivy, it's just that Ivy is very a.f.k'able.
weena king
weena king
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupid Stunts 22/1/2011, 6:53 pm

YAWN
Cupid Stunts
Cupid Stunts
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lobbie O_o 5/2/2011, 9:43 am

awsome page helped heaps thanks for getting me 99wc Epic

Lobbie O_o
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by hockey005 11/2/2011, 10:33 am

Very useful and detailed tutorial. Thank you for sharing.

hockey005
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by jake j25 6/3/2011, 1:40 am

Great guide

jake j25
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirky 14/3/2011, 2:41 am

I don't mean to be mean or anything, but powercutting teaks can be done to 100k exp per hour, and Ivy will never go above 80k per hour Smile

Also, sawmill is also around 100k per hour if you're using a crystal saw.

So yeah, just some small errors in your guide.

Quirky
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by SarNecKii x 16/3/2011, 5:19 pm

Very informative guide this will help me a lot!

SarNecKii x
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next