Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~How to find items to invest into~~

+35
Goji Berry
Flapso
pckofwolfs
GTX690
Lassus
Salaandora
cntr
Psyke
glow123
Kobbra
Hibz
parkou
Gildarts
Mayhem
Hybrid
keapor
Augoste
Mr Leviathax
cornears
hashuno
DarkElite
Esce
Jad Assaf
Chonaic17
acarl
NE Swag
cryseos
Merch me sideways
Aiiight
deathray75
Boltions
robin boy35
jande122
jellyyfishh
Julij2
39 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Empty ~~How to find items to invest into~~

Post by Julij2 4/5/2012, 2:10 pm

~~How to find items to invest into~~

Method 1: Grand exchange database

This is the best method to find good investment opportunities. There are many items and you can basically invest at daily basis.

I recommend 3 websites for this method:

Runescape official grand exchange database
Runescape GE

Ge updater site

GE updater

Grand exchange central site
Grand exchange central

I personally use runescape official grand exchange database as it suits me the best.

The best investment items are usually the ones that are crashing,so when you're on one of this sites I suggest you check items that are dropping in price.

Runescape GE database:

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Guide1l

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Guide2k

Grand exchange central:

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Guide3j

Ge updater:

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Guide4

It rarely happens that you don't find any good items for investment. But if it does happen you can try and check some armours and weapons (as if they fall in price their % is usually low so they hardly make it into top pages) or you can wait day or 2 for new ge update.
Method 2: Teaser images investment

Every Friday Jagex releases teaser images of next's week upcoming update. Sometimes you can get large sum of money investing in this updates. Before using this method I suggest you read monthly BTS so you get better idea on what update it might be.

They release teaser images on RSOF. Future game updates section.
Future game updates section

They released teaser images on Friday 4th May for next week.

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Guide5

If you have readed BTS you could see that this month they will be introducing the new firemaking training method.

Teaser image clearly shows some fire in the middle so there's a high probability that the next week's update
will probably be the new firemaking method. It would be a good idea to invest in some logs as people
will try to train firemaking before the release of the update.

Method 3: BTS investments

At the beginning of every month Jagex releases future updates that will take part in that month.
During that time prices on some items mentioned or connected to those future updates can go crazy.

This month's BTS:

BTS May

But you have to remember one thing. When they release BTS prices on those items can skyrocked in matter
of seconds. Supply will be masively drained as people will start panic buying their items. This
is the worst time to invest in that item. I suggest you just flip it for some awesome profit but DO NOT INVEST!

I suggest you invest few days later when supply will slowly catch on with demand and prices will be more stable.
After the update is officially released prices will rise again and that will be your time to sell.

You have to keep in mind that this are long-term investments as update might come at the end of the month.

Here is the example what happend to price of armadyl chainskirt when they announced armadyl graphical rework in BTS.

Start:
~~How to find items to invest into~~ Pc110

5 minutes later:
~~How to find items to invest into~~ Pc311

10 minutes later:
~~How to find items to invest into~~ Pc410

15 minutes later:

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Pc510

A few days later prices got more stable and if you invested at that time you could have gotten 500k profit per 1 skirt after update got officially released.

I hope you liked my guide Smile

Last edited by Julij2 on 19/5/2012, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Empty Re: ~~How to find items to invest into~~

Post by jellyyfishh 7/5/2012, 4:50 am

very nice guide Julij2!! very useful information and very easy to understand! the pics really compliment the guide Smile
jellyyfishh
jellyyfishh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

~~How to find items to invest into~~ Empty Re: ~~How to find items to invest into~~

Post by jande122 10/5/2012, 7:09 pm

Thanks, I've been investing into newly released items lately and have made a small profit, I will try flipping from now on, as I was just investing

jande122
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by robin boy35 10/5/2012, 7:24 pm

thanks you made things more clear for me
robin boy35
robin boy35
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Boltions 19/5/2012, 12:18 pm

Julij2 wrote:
5 minutes later:
~~How to find items to invest into~~ Pc510
I hope you liked my guide Smile
I think it should be 15 minutes?

Nice guide julij2,
The teaser image thingy will prove quite helpful to me
Boltions
Boltions
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by deathray75 2/6/2012, 10:59 am

nice guide

deathray75
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiiight 2/6/2012, 7:24 pm

good guide, ima use this when i flip

Aiiight
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merch me sideways 5/6/2012, 9:40 pm

Thanks for clearing up some stuff about investing to me, amazing flips near the end there. Wink
I will defiantly try investing during the new combat rework.
Merch me sideways
Merch me sideways
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by cryseos 7/6/2012, 12:32 am

Will be using, thanks

cryseos
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by NE Swag 15/6/2012, 6:53 pm

very helpful

NE Swag
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by acarl 30/6/2012, 6:40 am

Nice guide and good job on that skirt!
acarl
acarl
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chonaic17 8/7/2012, 3:54 pm

Helpful Guide thanks

Chonaic17
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jad Assaf 17/7/2012, 6:40 pm

Thanks for the tips =) Good guide and good info. You just taught me new things =D
Jad Assaf
Jad Assaf
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

http://www.eprime.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Esce 18/7/2012, 8:36 pm

Wow 4M margin. That's awesome Smile Nice guide.
Esce
Esce
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkElite 23/7/2012, 6:49 am

kinda understood not 100% understood I know how to flip u just dont get the point in investing dont are a purpose
DarkElite
DarkElite
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hashuno 24/7/2012, 9:29 pm

it's a very nice method of making massive profits

hashuno
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by cornears 26/7/2012, 1:00 am

Looks good!

cornears
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Esce 26/7/2012, 5:48 pm

Wait so you're saying as soon as the BTS for Armadyl was released, could you have automatically instant bought 10 of those for ~13M each for ~130M total then sold them 15 minutes later for ~19M each for ~190M? So is it really possible that you could have made 60M in 15 minutes? Surprised
Esce
Esce
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hashuno 4/8/2012, 7:38 pm

thanks for the guide, although i just feel inconfident when doing it so i think il aplly for a mentor

hashuno
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 4/8/2012, 7:47 pm

Esce wrote:Wait so you're saying as soon as the BTS for Armadyl was released, could you have automatically instant bought 10 of those for ~13M each for ~130M total then sold them 15 minutes later for ~19M each for ~190M? So is it really possible that you could have made 60M in 15 minutes? Surprised

Yes I made like 50m in less than 30 minutes. I have to say that 4m margin flip didn't ended well. But I still got few amazing flips.

This is one of them:
~~How to find items to invest into~~ No86

Luckily limit got reseted after selling back your stock back then Razz
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 4/8/2012, 7:47 pm

Julij2 wrote:
Esce wrote:Wait so you're saying as soon as the BTS for Armadyl was released, could you have automatically instant bought 10 of those for ~13M each for ~130M total then sold them 15 minutes later for ~19M each for ~190M? So is it really possible that you could have made 60M in 15 minutes? Surprised

Yes I made like 50m in less than 30 minutes. I have to say that 4m margin flip didn't ended well. But I still got few amazing flips.

This is one of them:

Luckily limit got reseted after selling your stock back Razz
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 4/8/2012, 7:48 pm

This is one of them:

Luckily limit got reseted after selling your stock in those times Razz
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Leviathax 14/8/2012, 3:06 am

This is one of the best guides i've seen in SM so far gratz and thanks for the info its really helpful i didnt know much tips about investing now i can try it and use ur advice.

Thanks again Very Happy
Mr Leviathax
Mr Leviathax
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Augoste 23/8/2012, 10:12 pm

Wow, great guide. I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for updates. Thanks for sharing.
Augoste
Augoste
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by keapor 24/8/2012, 2:00 am

Great guide man was trying to find on ways to invest and how it works.
keapor
keapor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next