Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CnC Pit

+17
todgott
Josh Designs
Kelly
Mark
PoPoTaTo
Daxaal
Magic
DoYouPlay_RS
Leakee
Tuff Tiga
Aezure
Jiggie
Simaas
PRISM
Inhaps
PredatorGFX
Broeder
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CnC Pit - Page 2 Empty Re: CnC Pit

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 20/2/2013, 8:02 pm

Broeder wrote:First think of how you go about coloring your pieces, and then dont do it like that Smile
Im guessing you end sigs with gradient maps?

Josh:
Text sucks, shame on you. Id say remove your name and leave the logo thingy
His beard looks odd as hell...
Im not too fond of the effects around his neck.
And the colors are quite flat around his and in the background closest to that. Not too sure how to fix that precisely, but im sure a combination of adjustment layers like gradient maps and contrast layers would do

Used to end with gradient maps, but I havent been using them in an attempt to not muck up my sigs
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by todgott 20/2/2013, 10:49 pm

just don't put the gradient maps on 100% opacity and fill...
todgott
todgott
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggie 21/2/2013, 1:43 am

Honestly I end most of my sigs with gradient maps, but they turn out alright because the opacity is always around 7-15% each. They're just for slight touch-ups.
Jiggie
Jiggie
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 21/2/2013, 2:07 am

Jiggie wrote:Honestly I end most of my sigs with gradient maps, but they turn out alright because the opacity is always around 7-15% each. They're just for slight touch-ups.

I do that sometimes
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 21/2/2013, 12:36 pm

Tuff Tiga wrote:
Jiggie wrote:Honestly I end most of my sigs with gradient maps, but they turn out alright because the opacity is always around 7-15% each. They're just for slight touch-ups.

I do that sometimes

Yup, low-opacity gradient maps set to overlay are the way forward.
Aezure
Aezure
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 21/2/2013, 3:11 pm

Aezure wrote:
Tuff Tiga wrote:

I do that sometimes

Yup, low-opacity gradient maps set to overlay are the way forward.

Aezure would know
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 21/2/2013, 4:16 pm

CnC Pit - Page 2 SigSmgoku
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 21/2/2013, 7:46 pm

CnC Pit - Page 2 More_black_and_white___signature_by_ouaran-d5vo93k

CnC Pit - Page 2 Anime___signature_by_ouaran-d5vqe2l
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 22/2/2013, 2:18 am

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:CnC Pit - Page 2 More_black_and_white___signature_by_ouaran-d5vo93k
There's a sort of horizontal divide in the squiggles running along where the bottom-third line would be. Not only does this hurt the bottom-left to top-right flow but everything below it doesn't really add anything to the sig, it's just more of the same and there's nothing really there. My fix... chop the bottom third or quarter off.
Aezure
Aezure

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Designs 23/2/2013, 9:37 am

My next tag for our tag wall.

CnC Pit - Page 2 VOu9O41

CnC Pit - Page 2 YAO5Zwb

Last edited by Josh Designs on 23/2/2013, 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh Designs
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic 23/2/2013, 9:51 am

Josh Designs wrote:My next tag for our tag wall.

CnC Pit - Page 2 FBzkbCz

CnC Pit - Page 2 Jq4XHFu

Absolutely love it, only thing is the effect on her face and the yellow dot on her arm. Great work!
Magic
Magic
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Designs 23/2/2013, 10:02 am

Good call didn't even notice that. I updated the main post i couldn't stand those things you pointed out haha. ty
Josh Designs
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 26/2/2013, 10:34 am

CnC Pit - Page 2 Z7jg7

This amazing graphic was created by Popotato and I like it except something about the text doesn't make it very easy to read, however I'm not very good when it comes to finding the fine detail in art or at least describing what parts need to improve so I would really appreciate some help here. It's more so the last three letters like the "aal' that become more difficult to read than the beginning but I can't quite put my finger on what is causing it to be like that and how it can be improved :/
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PredatorGFX 26/2/2013, 12:54 pm

I'm very proud of this one. Personally one of my favourite C4D signatures in a long time. I've been in a little bit of a rut lately when it comes to design. Everything is just starting to feel the same, so I decided to go at it with a different approach, taking some inspiration from some of the designers on other sites, and came up with this.

CnC Pit - Page 2 Legendpk
PredatorGFX
PredatorGFX
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 26/2/2013, 1:58 pm

PredatorGFX wrote:I'm very proud of this one. Personally one of my favourite C4D signatures in a long time. I've been in a little bit of a rut lately when it comes to design. Everything is just starting to feel the same, so I decided to go at it with a different approach, taking some inspiration from some of the designers on other sites, and came up with this.

The outline looks a bit odd but I like it as a whole, though I'm not much of a fan of the stacking that you seem to be fond of. Is it to add volume to the piece? Have you considered darkening the bottom duplicates? It just doesn't feel right seeing three identical objects stacked onto one another, especially with the highlights being of the exact same brightness on each and everyone. I suppose you might be doing this to avoid making the sides of the 3D text looking flat but I really think this is not the way to go.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 26/2/2013, 2:12 pm

Whats up with everyone making a color and BW version? Either you make a sig for colors or not, turning it into one at the end is like turning a 2d movie into a 3d movie
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 26/2/2013, 4:21 pm

Broeder wrote:Whats up with everyone making a color and BW version? Either you make a sig for colors or not, turning it into one at the end is like turning a 2d movie into a 3d movie

Like Star Wars Phantom Menace? That movie sucked ass in 3D, only the subtitles stood out Facepalm
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by todgott 26/2/2013, 4:35 pm

PredatorGFX wrote:I'm very proud of this one. Personally one of my favourite C4D signatures in a long time. I've been in a little bit of a rut lately when it comes to design. Everything is just starting to feel the same, so I decided to go at it with a different approach, taking some inspiration from some of the designers on other sites, and came up with this.

isnt it supposed to be ''legend'', not ''ledgend''?
todgott
todgott
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 26/2/2013, 4:38 pm

Damn... i didnt even notice that.

+rep to you
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Designs 26/2/2013, 6:36 pm

Broeder wrote:Whats up with everyone making a color and BW version? Either you make a sig for colors or not, turning it into one at the end is like turning a 2d movie into a 3d movie

Which they do a lot Razz
Josh Designs
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PredatorGFX 26/2/2013, 7:03 pm

todgott wrote:

isnt it supposed to be ''legend'', not ''ledgend''?

Facepalm

I thought he had a D in his name.
PredatorGFX
PredatorGFX
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 27/2/2013, 8:17 am

Daxaal wrote:CnC Pit - Page 2 Z7jg7

This amazing graphic was created by Popotato and I like it except something about the text doesn't make it very easy to read, however I'm not very good when it comes to finding the fine detail in art or at least describing what parts need to improve so I would really appreciate some help here. It's more so the last three letters like the "aal' that become more difficult to read than the beginning but I can't quite put my finger on what is causing it to be like that and how it can be improved :/

So no CnC for this artwork? I kind of need help in identifying what is making the text a bit difficult to read I think there's a bit of a shadow that's making it darker but I'm not sure Razz. (This was not created by me but Popotato and I just need help finding the right words to describe what needs to be done to make the text easier to read.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 27/2/2013, 4:24 pm

Daxaal wrote:
Daxaal wrote:CnC Pit - Page 2 Z7jg7

So no CnC for this artwork? I kind of need help in identifying what is making the text a bit difficult to read I think there's a bit of a shadow that's making it darker but I'm not sure Razz. (This was not created by me but Popotato and I just need help finding the right words to describe what needs to be done to make the text easier to read.

The main problem is the texture, its contrast is too high. The changes in colour should be more gradual, and in best case this exact texture should be removed altogether and maybe replaced with something more subtle. What doesn't help at all is the pseudo-3D look he went for; it really hinders readability. The teal outline is rather disgusting. Ask him to change the text from black-and-white to something of a blue-green tinge. And truthfully, it's a very bad piece. I would suggest redoing it entirely due to its multitude of problems, like the dragon-thing being cut out really badly (look at the tail).
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

CnC Pit - Page 2 Empty CnC please

Post by PoPoTaTo 27/2/2013, 7:02 pm

I just made this in Gimp last night for 26B. Let me know what you guys think. Thank You!
CnC Pit - Page 2 2nqa3ba
PoPoTaTo
PoPoTaTo
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PoPoTaTo 27/2/2013, 7:24 pm

inhaps: Kind of rude on the piece Daxaal posted. I made that and he just asked about the text. I am doing the best I can with what Gimp provides for me. I don't have high class stuff like you and everyone else such as Photoshop. He asked about text so please comment only about the text, and if you are going to comment about something other than the text then explain how i can fix it with Gimp not just say its shit and its started over from scratch. Thanks....
PoPoTaTo
PoPoTaTo
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum