Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]

3 posters

Go down

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  Empty AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]

Post by AgentPerry 13/5/2013, 2:55 pm

Hey, My name is AgentPerry. I'm sure you've seen me lurking around on the forums and today, i'll be showing you some methods to train your firemaking. Keep in mind that this is my first guide so all feedback or tips to improve are welcome! Alright, let's get right into it Smile

Table of contents
1) Bonfires
2) Different places to train
3) XP Boosts
4) Road to 99

Bonfires
As this is an important part about Firemaking i'll be talking about this first. You can train firemaking in 2 different ways. The 1st is where you make lines of fires. This involves a lot of clicking and you can't AFK while training like this. Because this is so clicking intense and you actually have to be concentrated for this, Jagex added another way to train Firemaking. An easier way.

Bonfires were added on the 10th of May 2012. They made firemaking a whole lot easier as you don't have to click all the time anymore and you can easily Afk this. Bonfires also give xp bonusses, The more people firemaking around the same bonfire, the more bonus xp you will receive.

Every 100 logs there will also appear a Fire Spirit. If you talk with this sprit before it dissapears you will receive items like Charms, Coins, Runes, Gems and Ores. The quantity depends of which log you are burning. And if there are PVM'ers reading, Bonfires also give a HP boost after burning 5 logs. This is used alot with bosses like Nex and the Kalphite King.

Here a picture I found on the RS Wiki which explains the xp bonusses you will receive when firemaking around a bonfire.

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  Fc5d9cbe9ecfc3c08f868e05f62b6f2f

If you want to have more info about bonfires, I suggest you to take a look Here.

Places to train
There are a lot of places to train firemaking and since we have bonfires now there are a couple very nice places. Which place you use depends on you, I will just be mentioning a couple places I used or suggest you to use Smile

1) Grand exchange - W1, W2 or W3
This is a good place because there are always a lot of people. A picture on where exactly to train will be found below this section Smile

2) Castle Wars - Any world
This is a good place because you don't have to run or walk to bank/run back to your fire. You can use a setup so you're 1 square away from the bank and from the fire which results in really fast banking. I Suggest you to do this in a busy world. Pic will be found below.

3) Shantai Pass - W100
Same as the Castle Wars bank. I Suggest you to do this in the unofficial Shantai Pass bonfire world (100). Picture found below.

Ofcourse you can train Firemaking wherever you want but I'd suggest these places for the best XP/h. Training with friends also makes it a lot more enjoyable Smile

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  A81e29093c242a6827997eb50f138500 AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  88c616c9790281bec66435f286d02d75 AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  E8e23460197a998f1d7e2381490bad9d

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  F842acb62b0e1cc6f8d37e2299f71160AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  92f57a84cd9471d4f53d7326539c71c3AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  5d4c9a7a993cdd6330927a6f080389ba

Other XP Boosts
To gain the best amount of xp an hour you can use extra bonusses to increase the XP/h even more. Here I will list some of the most important.

1) Penance Horn
The penance Horn can be obtained by playing the Barbarian Assault Minigame. When wearing a full horn when Firemaking you will receive 2x the amount of xp you would normally get. This doubles your XP/h but you have to keep in mind that filling the horn also takes time.

2) Pyrelord Familiar
The Pyrelord is a summoning familiar, you will need to be atleast level 46 summoning to use this familiar. When firemaking with a Pyrelord summoned you will receive a 10+ xp boost on every log you burned. For example if you're firemaking Maple logs you would normally receive 135 XP on every log, if you're Firemaking with a Pyrelord summoned you will get a total of 145 XP on every log Smile

3) Ring of fire
The Ring of fire is a reward you get when you have lit at least 6 beacons at the same time in the Minigame Beacon Network. You need 62 Firemaking to wear the ring. If you wear the ring when Firemaking you will receive 2% extra xp per log. This isn't a huge boost but this will add up as you only have to obtain the ring once (other then with the Penance Horn)

4) Flame Gloves
The Flame Gloves are just like the Ring of fire a reward from the Minigame Beacon Network. You will be able to obtain the gloves after having lit 10 beacons at the same time. The Gloves also give an extra 2% bonus and since you can wear them together with the ring this can total up to 4% extra xp.

The road to 99
Here comes the hard and long way to 99. Before you start you will have to make a choice which method you want to use, do you want to spend a lot of money and do it fast or you don't want to spend that much money and rather do it a little slower. I have worked out a few methods so here they are Smile

Levels 1-15 [F2p & P2p] [All methods]
For these levels you will be firemaking normal logs. At these levels you're just starting out so ofcourse the xp rates won't be to high but as lvl 1-15 only takes 2.411 xp you will be done in no-time.
At first you will have to attempt multiple times before lighting the fire but this only happens in the first stage of your firemaking career though Smile

Logs needed: 61

Levels 15-30 [F2p & P2p] [All methods]
For these levels you will be firemaking oak logs. Just like with the normal logs you will have to attempt multiple times before lighting the fire in the first levels.

Oak logs needed: 183

From here on you have different ways to get 99. That's why i'll be talking about methods now Smile

Method 1 [Cheapest] [F2p & P2p]
Willow logs untill you reach that 99 cape. This will take a long time but you won't have to spend so much money on it. Only use this method if you're really poor!

Willow logs needed: ~145k

Total logs to burn till reaching level 99: ~146k

Method 2 [F2p & P2p]
Willow logs till 45 Firemaking. Then 45-99 with maple logs.

Willow logs needed: 535
Maple logs needed: ~96K

Total logs to burn till reaching level 99: ~97k

Method 3 [F2p & P2p]
Follow method 2 Untill you reach level 60 firemaking, from then on Yew logs till 99.

Willow logs needed: 535
Maple logs needed: 1573
Yew logs needed: ~63k

Total logs to burn till reaching level 99: ~66k

There's also a place called the Jadinko Lair. Here you can gain extremely good xp rates but you need 83 woodcutting and 83 firemaking to train there. I won't be covering the Jadinko Lair in this guide, I might make an other guide for it so be sure to keep your eye open for that Smile

I hope you enjoyed this guide and wish you the best of luck on getting that 99 firemaking cape Smile
If you liked it, don't forget to leave me a +rep <3

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  20110422123604!Firemaking_cape_(t)_equipped

Last edited by AgentPerry on 15/5/2013, 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  Empty Re: AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]

Post by AgentPerry 13/5/2013, 2:57 pm

Keep in mind that this is my first guide so all feedback is appreciated Smile English is not my first language so if you see any grammar or spelling errors, please let me know so I can edit them Smile
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]  Empty Re: AgentPerry's Detailed Firemaking Guide [EOC] [P2p & F2p] [All methods]

Post by coobacaba 15/5/2013, 3:18 am

Shantay pass' official world is w100.

Nice guide otherwise.

coobacaba
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentPerry 15/5/2013, 5:28 am

coobacaba wrote:Shantay pass' official world is w100.

Nice guide otherwise.

I'll put that inthere Smile Thank you! (+repped)
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 15/5/2013, 6:30 pm

Very nice guide, AgentPerry Smile

You made a very detailed, interesting guide on a not-so detailed, not-so interesting skill. For that, I applaud you Smile

The only thing I can point out is that you never mentioned how to obtain access to the beacon network minigame (All Fired Up quest). You may want to include links to the RSWiki page on the quest, beacon network guide, as well as a barbarian assault guide where you mentioned the penance horn. Other than that, very well done Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentPerry 15/5/2013, 6:37 pm

Dag wrote:Very nice guide, AgentPerry Smile

You made a very detailed, interesting guide on a not-so detailed, not-so interesting skill. For that, I applaud you Smile

The only thing I can point out is that you never mentioned how to obtain access to the beacon network minigame (All Fired Up quest). You may want to include links to the RSWiki page on the quest, beacon network guide, as well as a barbarian assault guide where you mentioned the penance horn. Other than that, very well done Smile

Thank you very much Dag! I'll be updating it tomorrow Smile Thanks for the feedback <3
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down