Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

+5
Mr Rockeye
Inhaps
Valets
Kelly
Leakee
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favourite signature?

Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap0%Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap93%Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 93% 
[ 13 ]
Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap7%Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Leakee 1/2/2014, 6:32 pm

Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED M9xfw5E

Rules:
Your entry must be your own work; no stealing other people's work or entering in pre-made graphics
In the signature, please put SOTW or what the theme is for the text
No animated entries, explicit images, text, or contents
Please include the render/stock used or a screen shot of the image in the program you used. You do not have to put up both.
Sizes are not super strict, please just try not to exceed 500x350 (or if vertical 350x500).
When in voting, you may not persuade others to vote for your entry, or vote for your own.

Prizes:
1st place: 11M
2nd place: 9M
3rd place: 5M
Public favourite: 4M

Judging System
We will have 3+ judges who will vote on all entries, and there will be a poll once the thread is in voting so you can decide your winner and favourite!
This is what the judges will be looking at so make sure you know! Each Section will be for a total of 10 points 40 total.
Spoiler:
Theme: Heroes vs Villains!

Entry Deadline: February 8th 2014.

FIRST PLACE and PUBLIC FAVOURITE: Mr Rockeye - 98/160
Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED ProfessorChaosIISmall_zps0cc4e446
[x]

Josh's critique - 22:
Leakee's critique - 28:
Kelly's critique - 23:
Minato's critique - 25:

SECOND PLACE: Valets - 45/160
Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Valets10

Josh's critique - 6:
Leakee's critique - 9.5:
Kelly's critique - 9.5:
Minato's critique - 20:

THIRD PLACE: feedpenguins - 38/160
Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Sotw10

Josh's critique - 10:
Leakee's critique - 8:
Kelly's critique - 9:
Minato's critique - 11:
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Re: Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Kelly 1/2/2014, 6:41 pm

No.

Good luck, everyone Smile. Might see if I can make something this week, myself.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Re: Signature of the Week #74! Theme: Heroes vs Villains - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Valets 3/2/2014, 7:18 pm

Goodluck all :s i hope im doing this right

Spoiler:

Last edited by Valets on 3/2/2014, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Valets
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 3/2/2014, 7:25 pm

Valets wrote:Goodluck all :s i hope im doing this right

Spoiler:

Good! Althought its Super Big, maybe try scaling it down a bit?
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valets 3/2/2014, 7:28 pm

Did the size change, i've been playing around with the size now and can't seem to get it right >.>

Valets
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 3/2/2014, 7:33 pm

Valets wrote:Goodluck all :s i hope im doing this right

Spoiler:

It's just a bit too large. Yours is 456x640 but it should be 350x500 at most. I've resized it for you.
resized image:

I also suggest using Imgur or Photobucket to upload your images with no quality loss.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valets 3/2/2014, 8:26 pm

Thank you Inhaps, ill be sure to try these sites out for future reference lmao.

Valets
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 5/2/2014, 7:12 pm

Quick question, is this limited to just superheroes (Superman, Batman, etc) and their villains (Joker, Doomsday, etc) or any hero and villain?
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 5/2/2014, 8:03 pm

3 more days to get entries in!!!!!
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 5/2/2014, 9:50 pm

My entry:
Signature:
second attempt:
Proof of the render:
Choose the villain because why not? Very Happy

Last edited by Mr Rockeye on 8/2/2014, 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 5/2/2014, 10:06 pm

Mr Rockeye wrote:My entry:
Signature:
Proof of the render:

Epic Villain  Twisted Evil 
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 5/2/2014, 10:38 pm

Leakee wrote:
Mr Rockeye wrote:My entry:
Signature:
Proof of the render:

Epic Villain  Twisted Evil 

Thanks xD tried my best and butters for the win!
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valets 5/2/2014, 11:42 pm

Okay, i'm not feeling to well about winning now lmao.. good one though, think it maybe a winner!

Valets
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 6/2/2014, 12:56 am

im a noob to photoshop so hopefully i did a decent job

Signature
Spoiler:
Screenshot of image used
Spoiler:
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 6/2/2014, 9:20 am

Thank you for your entries!
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 10/2/2014, 1:22 am

All of them could be greatly improved, but i went with Mr Rockeye. Will be in the next one; didnt like this theme too much
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 10/2/2014, 3:12 am

Sort of forgot about this... Very Happy Next time!
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 11/2/2014, 10:17 pm

Voted.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackyy 12/2/2014, 4:20 am

i thought Valets one was not too bad. I liked the concept but it was not technical enough. Like the fact that you split the sig in two and put vilains and heroes like it was a versus was good but the typography and the triangles did not make it for me, also it looked like you just pasted two pictures and wrote over it. You were almost there but sadly did not put the effort or did not have the expertise to push the idea.

I thought Mr Rockeyes one was okay, like if I had to grade it, I would say that the background is sick, the focal point is good, the effects are great but I would have loved if you put a vilain and a heroe in it like Valets did just to show a fight a conflict in the picture or something.

About feedpenguins sig, I would say that I have no idea what you tried to do, it looked to me that you were high as fuck and that you put things all together to participate in the competition. I am not saying its shit, because I am 10x worse then this but I am saying that you have to show a clear idea of what you want to show in your next try and improve your effects. Good luck

I should be studying and I am writting an essay about sigs, fucking jesus christ fucking shit

Blackyy
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 12/2/2014, 5:24 am

wow i feel like i just got kicked in the chest. this was my first attempt at a sig like i said im noob to photoshop but thanks for your advice and ill keep it in mind for next time
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 12/2/2014, 7:55 am

feedpenguins wrote:wow i feel like i just got kicked in the chest. this was my first attempt at a sig like i said im noob to photoshop but thanks for your advice and ill keep it in mind for next time

Don't worry, there are always things to improve.
My signature is also not perfect, all you need to do is watch some YouTube guides.
Those guides helped me out a ton.
Remember you will always have failing pieces but it's what makes your art better.
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 12/2/2014, 9:24 am

Mr Rockeye wrote:
feedpenguins wrote:wow i feel like i just got kicked in the chest. this was my first attempt at a sig like i said im noob to photoshop but thanks for your advice and ill keep it in mind for next time

My signature is also not perfect, all you need to do is watch some YouTube guides.
Remember you will always have failing pieces but it's what makes your art better.

thank you Smile
ive been reading tutorials. i find that the ones that are typed with pictures are better cause then you dont have to pause the videos or go back in the video if you have missed something
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 12/2/2014, 2:13 pm

feedpenguins wrote:
Mr Rockeye wrote:

thank you Smile
ive been reading tutorials. i find that the ones that are typed with pictures are better cause then you dont have to pause the videos or go back in the video if you have missed something

Try deviantart, that is where I learned how to do them. Search 'forum signature tutorial'.
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 12/2/2014, 3:22 pm

Leakee wrote:
feedpenguins wrote:
Mr Rockeye wrote:

thank you Smile

Try deviantart, that is where I learned how to do them. Search 'forum signature tutorial'.

lots of good helpful tutorials. thank you so much. these will keep me busy for a while
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valets 12/2/2014, 8:44 pm

Well Nemo since you said you liked mine I feel like I won something in the inside <3 lmao joking I hate you Smile

Valets
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next