Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Daba
Blood
Daxaal
7 posters

Go down

Post by Daxaal 9/6/2014, 7:33 am

Just want to say that I really like the Plug DJ room we have going on here Smile. I've found some amazing songs to listen to thanks to you guys ^.^.

http://plug.dj/bd4709b8/

I just joined today so if someone knows where I can find a list of all the ranks on Plug DJ please let me know Smile, I'm currently resident DJ or something like that and have no idea what that means or if I get any privileges or extra options than a regular user. There are other ranks like bouncer, co-host, host etc. that I'm still trying to learn more about.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 9/6/2014, 7:44 am

As far as I can tell:

Host is the leader of the "room".
Co-host is just as it sounds.
Bouncer sounds like a moderator.
Resident DJ has privileges to dj as I believe I am currently a resident dj as well and have been djing for the past hour or two with Billious
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 9/6/2014, 2:38 pm

There is a serious problem with insta-mehers, several songs have been skipped within 5 seconds of being played. I use plug a lot and have pretty high status in some other channels, and those channels are good because people who don't like the songs just mute and don't meh. It's a way to discover new music and people who meh right away really aren't taking advantage of it.

Mehing songs right away just because of the genre, artist, or even the title alone is just immature.
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 9/6/2014, 5:13 pm

Noticed exactly what Daba mentioned when I was in there earlier on, people instantly click "Meh" as soon as a song starts even if they've never heard it before.

I like the idea of Plug as it introduces people to music they otherwise wouldn't hear but too often people just keep skipping until it's either their song or a friends song.
Google
Google
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://soundcloud.com/theruse

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 9/6/2014, 5:17 pm

Daba wrote:There is a serious problem with insta-mehers, several songs have been skipped within 5 seconds of being played. I use plug a lot and have pretty high status in some other channels, and those channels are good because people who don't like the songs just mute and don't meh. It's a way to discover new music and people who meh right away really aren't taking advantage of it.

Mehing songs right away just because of the genre, artist, or even the title alone is just immature.

^exacly this
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 9/6/2014, 9:30 pm

Adri wrote:
Daba wrote:There is a serious problem with insta-mehers, several songs have been skipped within 5 seconds of being played. I use plug a lot and have pretty high status in some other channels, and those channels are good because people who don't like the songs just mute and don't meh. It's a way to discover new music and people who meh right away really aren't taking advantage of it.

^exacly this

Agreed. A few songs that were played yesterday were instantly 'Meh'-ed. It's sad to see. We may not all like the genre or a particular artist/song, but lowering the sound and just being patient for the few minutes it plays is what keeps everyone happy Smile.

As a general rule of thumb I 'Woot!' regardless if I like it or not (to give the DJ points), and if I don't like it just adjust my sound accordingly. Have a tendency to 'Grab' music a lot, I've noticed; I seem to like a lot of music Razz.

Just my opinion!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herblore 9/6/2014, 9:52 pm

I love plug dj, and i agree on the meh'ing,
Everyone knows herblore is da best dj on plug Smile
Herblore
Herblore
Tier 4 (500 posts)