Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build choices

3 posters

Go down

Build choices Empty Build choices

Post by Heartstop123 16/6/2014, 12:58 am

Wondering why nobody builds Zephyr vs PD or Shiv. It seems like a good item to me plz halp me understand

Static shiv - 2500g
+40% attack speed
+20% critical strike chance
+6% movement speed
Passive 100 magic damage can crit

Phantom dancer - 2800g
+50% attack speed
+30% critical strike chance
+5% movement speed
Passive ignores unit collision

Zephyr - 2850g
+25 attack damage
+50% attack speed
+10% movement speed
+10% cooldown reduction
Passive 35% tenacity
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Build choices Empty Re: Build choices

Post by Julian 16/6/2014, 1:35 am

The main reason most people don't use Zephyr vs a Phantom Dancer is that the CDR is almost useless when most champs who build that type of item is on an ADC (minimal use of cooldowns). The movement speed is also not worth the trade off of the crit. The 25ad is a nice bonus on the Zep but in the point for your build when you want attack speed and crit, the phantom dancer is better. The Passive of ignoring unit collision is also very useful for kiting.

The main difference between shiv and Zep is the cost. You get 10% less as on the shiv and 3% less move speed but honestly, that is worth the 350 gold. The passive on the shiv is also extremely useful for wave clear.

Feel free to ask anymore and I'll try to do my best to answer bud Smile
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 16/6/2014, 10:00 am

What about on melee carries?
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Venom 16/6/2014, 11:44 am

Heartstop123 wrote:What about on melee carries?
To be honest, and this is only my opinion I rarely see any built on melee carries.
The only real one taken in my opinion on melee carries is statikk shiv, and I think that's built for the on hit affect aswell, as most melee carries aim to burst, again in my opinion champions like Yasuo and Master Yi spring to mind. So for those champions who are squishy and need to get damage off quickly the on-hit is usually better. Hence why no Phantom dancer most of the time ( occasionally on champions that need to chase and don't have dash abilities)
I've only really seen Zephyr built on tankier melee carries like Udyr and Nocturne, I think that's because they like the extra movespeed for getting to the carries, and the tenacity really helps with that, also they have limited item space for damage due to more often than not being off-tank. Therefore they try to get as many stats in one item.
Final point being most champions that could buy a zephyr will go for one of the other two because it is either cheaper ( Statikk Shiv ) , or because they have enough attack damage either from items or steroids in their kit.

Hope I helped and feel free to question anything that didn't make sense or I just got plain wrong Smile
Venom
Venom
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down