Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? -

5 posters

Go down

- Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? - Empty - Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? -

Post by nanofear 20/6/2014, 9:46 pm

First off let me say that im not sure I where I should have up this so feel free notify me if it needs to be moved! c:

So I was just wondering, I design my own t-shirts and things like that for fun right, and I was just designing one and at the same time I was doing some runescape orientated art and it dawned on me that in my opinion, id think it would be a great idea if the clan had its own clothing! Sure it sounds a bit silly don't get me wrong, however in a sense it could bring people closer to the clan in that if they had some SM apparel they'd feel more apart of the clan, this would benefit both sides!

Now i would design some concepts and place them here however this isnt the place to post graphics! But if some rank were to say let me know that i am able to I'd love to post some designs just to show you guys!

I think that its a great idea and Id love to hear your guys opinion on it!

- just re-iterating the point that i wasnt sure where to post this -

-thanks
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

- Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? - Empty Re: - Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? -

Post by Gildarts 20/6/2014, 9:58 pm

Sounds like a good idea i actually thought of it myself at one point, but i think there will be a major issue in shipping and making the clothing as well, maybe a better reason than mine but i support the suggestion.

PS. your sig is too big
18. Size Guidelines; 250px high by 600px wide at the most. If you're in doubt about the size of your signature then ask somebody. Smaller is always better. Signatures that violate said standards will be edited without warning.

Last edited by Kid on 20/6/2014, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

- Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? - Empty Re: - Just a suggestion... Should SM have its own clothing line? -

Post by nanofear 20/6/2014, 10:02 pm

hmm yeah the shipping is a problem, but glad to know that you support the idea
oh and ill sort my signature out
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 20/6/2014, 10:16 pm

Moved to correct section.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by nanofear 20/6/2014, 10:19 pm

Much appreciated, thanks Connor c:
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 21/6/2014, 10:17 pm

I like the idea, but as I explained to someone yesterday, the reason many websites can sell shirts and clothing is that they have a lot of people who would buy them, so they can get good deals. If we were to start a clothing line, and not a lot of people bought items, the price for items would be very expensive since most clothing companies offer discounts for bulk orders. If we had say like, 30 people who wanted a shirt, and were able to pay, then perhaps a bulk order could be made and the shirts would be ~15 bucks a piece. Not to mention, we'd have to go through a middle man and it would lose us money as well.

I like the idea, but I don't think it's very practical currently.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by nanofear 22/6/2014, 9:30 am

thats very true well said, i mean i sell shirts on a site and basically you upload to designs as pdf's and if somebody wanted the shirt, even if they werent part of the clan, theyd buy it, the company on the site would print it and ship it, then you'd get a cut and so would the company, its not just shirts they do either, its like phone cases, still prints, hoodies etc even pillows Razz but you designate how much of a percentage you get, and the higher your cut, the higher the retail price if that makes sense
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 22/6/2014, 3:11 pm

nanofear wrote:thats very true well said, i mean i sell shirts on a site and basically you upload to designs as pdf's and if somebody wanted the shirt, even if they werent part of the clan, theyd buy it, the company on the site would print it and ship it, then you'd get a cut and so would the company, its not just shirts they do either, its like phone cases, still prints, hoodies etc even pillows Razz but you designate how much of a percentage you get, and the higher your cut, the higher the retail price if that makes sense

I used a website like that a while ago when we and my mates where making a clothing line of our own, and the prices tend to be very high on those websites, there was one design on a t-shirt the cost $30 which is quiet a lot for 1 t-shirt.
However if you could find one that dose not price that much its a possibility.
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by nanofear 22/6/2014, 3:53 pm

well the site i use i make like £2 ish profit on each shirt and they cost £15 or around that using my percentage c:
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 22/6/2014, 4:02 pm

http://gyazo.com/42749064580ec669e78202be57248437

Still pretty prices for a t-shirt...
I can go to like Primark or something a draw on em myself Razz
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by nanofear 22/6/2014, 4:35 pm

haha true Razz yeah it is pricey to be fair, like i said though, its just a suggestion and there could be a better way of doing this!
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Upskirt 23/6/2014, 1:11 pm

I think you'd need to figure how many people are 100% buying a shirt and see if it brings the cost down.

Upskirt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 23/6/2014, 2:55 pm

We actually had shirts designed at one point and someone willing to have them printed, but that was OSSM. Back when the forums were rank only. The idea was it would hopefully take off in the school systems and show an apprecitation not only for RS, but also for SM. However, we were told the SM logo was trademarked and it was not approved, but things may have changed.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by nanofear 23/6/2014, 8:30 pm

awh right i didnt know that! it could be worth checking out i guess c:
nanofear
nanofear
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down