Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC

+2
Gecko
pokeguyx
6 posters

Go down

Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC Empty Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC

Post by pokeguyx 19/8/2014, 7:03 pm

Hey Nublets <3

So I've been looking to buy a cheap gaming PC but I would have to get a budget PC as I don't has lots of moneys Razz Basically the better grades I get in my exams (find out Thursday), the more money I will have :3

So I have been looking at some of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KILLER-GAMING-PC-V-FAST-AMD-SIX-Core-4-0Ghz-8GB-1TB-R7-250-2GB-Desktop-Computer-/201003748990?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item2eccc1ce7e

It looks decent I thought, I don't want to be running battlefield with the maximum graphics settings on 3 monitors, I'd just like to be able to run games (like battlefield and Call of Duty Ghosts) on medium graphics settings Smile

Tell me what you think I should be looking for and if I have any chance with the cheap budget gaming PC Razz

Thanks!
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC Empty Re: Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC

Post by Gecko 19/8/2014, 11:23 pm

Umm... if you are cool with the Laptop aspect my friend just picked up a gaming laptop that has:
2.4ghz Quad core Multithreaded i7
8gb's Ram
500gb Hdd

Not quite the same as the link you posted, but it runs COD Ghosts no issue, grabbed it on Amazon for $799 USD
It is a Lenovo Y500

But honestly if it is in your budget that would be better than you need.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC Empty Re: Looking for a budget (extreme budget x'D ) Gaming PC

Post by Dual_Shock 20/8/2014, 2:12 am

How much are you looking to spend.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 20/8/2014, 8:31 am

That pc looks nice Smile, it should be able to handle most games at medium settings fairly well on a single monitor.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 20/8/2014, 1:14 pm

I'm really looking for a desktop, I have a gaming laptop with an i7-2670qm, it has a 2gb nvidia dedicated graphics chip and 8gb ram but it wont run ghosts :c

So yeah no I would prefer a PC, but I wont have more than £450 to spend, so yeah a really low budget for any decent pc
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 21/8/2014, 2:28 am

Decided I'd really only use it for gaming so I am just going to buy an Xbox one haha Razz thanks for the help
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 21/8/2014, 8:19 am

pokeguyx wrote:Decided I'd really only use it for gaming so I am just going to buy an Xbox one haha Razz thanks for the help

That's a good choice Smile, consoles tend to be able to play the news games longer than pcs as with pcs you usually need to upgrade to keep up with the new games Smile.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 21/8/2014, 9:33 am

Daxaal wrote:
pokeguyx wrote:Decided I'd really only use it for gaming so I am just going to buy an Xbox one haha Razz thanks for the help

That's a good choice Smile, consoles tend to be able to play the news games longer than pcs as with pcs you usually need to upgrade to keep up with the new games Smile.

That's only true if you want the absolute best graphical fidelity while also running at a higher resolution than consoles.

I had this choice when I was looking into buying a gaming PC but was completely dissuaded from buying a console by the fact that I'd have to give up my entirely library and cheap bundles and start paying the 'console tax' on games.

And upgrading from a laptop that couldn't run most things at stable 20 fps to a machine that does 1080p at 60fps on more or less the highest settings was well worth it.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 21/8/2014, 2:53 pm

Please don't do that. This build will outperform Xbox One and PS4 for a fraction of the price. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m28M4D
Spoiler:

Here's a pre-written topic by more knowledgeable PC users than I, that you should have a look at when considering to buy a console.

Spoiler:

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down