Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

+72
Dag
Mr Kennedy
kaimon1111
Tw
SinCity
Mr Lolrus
launir
necroven92
Hidden
hammons24
matthewj234
punisherbr
Marvin J
drewb
ehretbasebal
Nucks
junkfood50
HiddenVice
barrowdragon
xavy01
Gaz
youngtom
tivz
yentl999
rhino7523
f ub zy
mrhotshotbillup
Fire
jokerman
Divine
Blak_Flames
SM Pixels
west brid
jared285q
Shortd00d
Markv12
F2P Merch
Manuel
inezzy
darklord1185
Skyy Mikey
danielle
Epiqueness
TorqXpower
Polaris395
hopper
elyk913
OMG WTF BBQ
Hairy Duck
mnbasdpoi123
I Tank Arma
l F T L l
xx jtk xx
Disney
Dmr
im4everpure1
Elephant
Zombo
Ste7720
R3gic1dal
Abyssal zips
Mayamystica
IpkyouDIE
Mr Agus
P l o o w
Cryptical
Vc
Extravagance
Potato sheep
Avi Kam
Will
`Sonic`
76 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Empty [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

Post by `Sonic` 8/3/2010, 4:44 pm

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Goldsm10

Have you ever wanted to visit Barrows but never known where to start?

Here is my guide on getting you started with my method for advanced players which I call the "sidestep" method.

Stat requirements:

Minimum: 58 Magic, 30 Ranged, 50 Strength, 70 Attack and 40 Prayer

Recommended: 82 Magic, 70 Ranged, 80 Strength, 80 Attack and 60 Prayer

Quest Requirements

Minimum:

• Desert Treasure
  • Priest in Peril
  • Nature Spirit (Started)

Recommended in addition to the minimum:

• In Aid of the Myreque
  • Horror from the Deep
  • To have a God Cape from the Mage Arena
  • Rum Deal

The area:
[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] 8Zj

MUST HAVE EQUIPMENT:

A SPADE.
If you do NOT bring a spade, you will not be able to progress further.

A recommended setup for inventory/equipment and stats is here:
[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrowstrip

PLEASE NOTE: You might want to start your trips with full prayer and agility...

The order:

1st - Karil the Tainted (Ranger)

Here, you want to be using a melee style attack with a slash type weapon. Godswords work well, especially Saradomin Godsword, but using a whip is fine. You should also use protect from ranged to prevent him hitting you, as he will hit often. Here is a screenshot of me fighting him:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrowsguide-Karil

2nd - Ahrim the Blighted (Mage)

As you will probably have some prayer left over, it's best to take on the one that you will also need to pray on: Ahrim. Taking the combat triangle into account, it is best to use a ranged style attack against him. If you have a higher magic level, it is better to use a black salamander than to use a true ranged weapon such as a Crystal bow, or a Rune crossbow. Another reason for this is to save on inventory space, and allowing you to take more prayer potions. This means you get more runs per trip. Here is a screenshot of me fighting Ahrim:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrowsguide-Ahrim

3rd - Dharok the Wretched (Melee)

Dharok is what some people think as "the big one", or being more dangerous than the others. This simply isn't true if you use my method, and I'm about to show you why I'm able to fight him without using any prayer potions on any of the melee brothers. Although if you have any prayer left over, use it against his first attack as it will get drained. As soon as he spawns, you want to use an Ice spell against him, freezing him there. As soon as you have done so, you will want top step diagonally from him, allowing you to attack using the magic style attack of your salamander, whilst not allowing him to attack you. If you use Ice Blitz like I do, you will be able to freeze him once, and attack him 4 times with the salamander before having to run around the sarcophagus. This is a screenshot of me in battle with Dharok, having attacked him and run around the sarcophagus:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrowsguide-Dharok1

Important note: You will have to allow him to move about a bit before you can freeze him again.

4th, 5th and 6th - Guthan the Infested, Torag the Corrupted and Verac the Defiled

I will be very brief on this part, as these are all fought exactly the same way as Dharok the Wretched is. Here is a screenshot of me showing you how to approach the melee brothers:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrowsguide-AttackingVerac

The Catacombs

Now, I don't suppose you thought it was going to be as easy as just attack all 6 and expect to be rewarded, did you? You will have to go through the catacombs to reach the centre. To get to the catacombs, there will be one of the brothers missing from their sarcophagus, and there will be a tunnel to go through. Make sure that all 5 of the other brothers are dead before going down, otherwise you will face all of the living ones in the catacombs. Once down, you will be put into one of the surrounding rooms to the chest room. There are a series of doors to go through, some you will be able to open and some you will not. Once you are down there, find the room with 3 doors where the middle door is open. This is the room you will want to go through. Every time you go through a door, a creature will spawn and attack you. When you are in front of the door to the centre, you will be presented with one of four puzzles to solve:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrows_puzzle1
Credit to tip.it and its owner

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrows_puzzle2

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrows_puzzle3

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrows_puzzle4

Circled in green are the solutions you will have to click in order to gain access to the chest room.

Important note: The solutions will move about each time you encounter the puzzle.

Here is a map of the catacombs:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Barrow
Credit to TheExtremist, zybez.net and its owner

The coloured dots refer to what type of creature will be in that room:

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Dmaroon Bloodworm - Level 52
[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Dgreen Crypt rat - Levels 43 and 76
[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Dblue Skeleton - Level 77
[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Dmag Crypt Spider - Level 79

Credit to TheExtremist, zybez.net and its owner

At any given point when you open a door, or when you open the chest if he hasn't spawned by that time, your 6th brother will spawn. Kill him using the appropriate method, using any prayer you need against Ahrim the Blighted, Karil the Tainted, or Dharok the Wretched.

Killing any creatures does not increase you chance of a barrows item dropping into the chest, but it will affect the chances of the type of 'junk' loot you will get.

Once you are at the chest, open it (and kill the brother if you still need to, Dharok is not such a risk if he spanws here as you have things to guard against) and take your loot. Once you have taken your loot from the chest, run out of the catacombs the way you came. Repeat the whole process again.

The Loot

You will be able to get any barrows item, but more likely you will get gold, bolt racks and/or missile runes. The more creatures you kill, the higher levelled runes you will get. For example, when you have killed no creatures, you will not be able to get any bolt racks or blood runes. With 20+ kills, you will be able to take loot from any of the list of options. It is also possible to obtain half keys (loop and teeth) and Dragon Med Helms from the chest.

Credits

All text: Krazy_Kam (Me)
All images unless otherwise stated: Krazy_Kam (Me)
The method: Admiral_Kip (A friend of mine)

Rèn-Ràkú

Last edited by `Sonic` on 26/2/2013, 2:52 pm; edited 9 times in total
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Empty Re: [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

Post by Will 8/3/2010, 5:58 pm

how do you do bullet points Razz
Will
Will
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Empty Re: [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

Post by `Sonic` 8/3/2010, 6:07 pm

Will wrote:how do you do bullet points Razz

Code:

[list]
[*]Item
[/list]

HTH!

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avi Kam 8/3/2010, 9:12 pm

I have a few things that you might wish to add as I used to be an avid barrower.

Firstly, high levels (90+ combat stats) would be better suited to bringing full veracs and or full guthans. Full guthans + full inventory of prayer pots allows you to achieve atleast 20 runs to the chest without banking.

Also, there is a different route to barrows which I use instead of banking in burgh de rotte which is behind the pub in canfis. Alternate routes are always nice to add in guides.

One thing you might want to add as well is the tunnels itself and how to zip through it quickly and efficiently.
Avi Kam
Avi Kam
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/3/2010, 9:34 pm

Avi Kam wrote:I have a few things that you might wish to add as I used to be an avid barrower.

Firstly, high levels (90+ combat stats) would be better suited to bringing full veracs and or full guthans. Full guthans + full inventory of prayer pots allows you to achieve atleast 20 runs to the chest without banking.

Also, there is a different route to barrows which I use instead of banking in burgh de rotte which is behind the pub in canfis. Alternate routes are always nice to add in guides.

One thing you might want to add as well is the tunnels itself and how to zip through it quickly and efficiently.

I will be getting on it. This guide is purely my method of barrows, only having to use prayer for Ahrim and Karil, and gettin 25-30 runs per inventory as seen in the OP. I may add a more comprehensive guide at a later date, but I'm making this guide as I go along. The screenshot of my stats etc is old. I sold everything apart from black sally and glory to participate in the current merch, I no longer have inf gloves, wizzy boots, ring, whip or arhim's.

Ren

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Potato sheep 8/3/2010, 9:59 pm

I do it somewhat differently!
After finishing my trips i use house teleport, recharge my pray then teleport to Canfis.
Once at Canfis i bank then take the boat back to barrows!

(Might want to put that into guide as an alternative Razz)
Potato sheep
Potato sheep
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/3/2010, 10:28 pm

Yeah, like I said. I will most likely put a more comprehensive guide up if enough people like this one and find it useful once it's completed.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avi Kam 8/3/2010, 11:16 pm

Potato sheep wrote:I do it somewhat differently!
After finishing my trips i use house teleport, recharge my pray then teleport to Canfis.
Once at Canfis i bank then take the boat back to barrows!

(Might want to put that into guide as an alternative Razz)
That is exactly what i do Razz
Avi Kam
Avi Kam
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 18/3/2010, 6:33 pm

I will complete this guide once we dump.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Extravagance 18/3/2010, 7:42 pm

Looking good, Ren. Smile
Extravagance
Extravagance
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 18/3/2010, 7:52 pm

Thankies, I need the spare cash for the supplies to do a run for pics.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vc 18/3/2010, 8:40 pm

Its also a good way to train magic Wink and u make some profit
but how manny trip can u do with that invent?

Vc
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 18/3/2010, 9:09 pm

Vc, with that inventory, I will get 25-30 runs.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/4/2010, 10:04 am

Updated and completed. Please comment and rate as you deem appropriate, and I hope you find this most useful. If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptical 8/4/2010, 10:28 am

Nice guide!Smile
You might also want to add under which hills the brothers are, because some might not now where Ahrim is for example. But very nice guide! Gonna use this Smile

Edit: O I'm very sorry, you already put that in the picture! Smile Nice! +rep Smile
Cryptical
Cryptical
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Extravagance 8/4/2010, 10:58 am

Yay you finally finished it. Razz
Extravagance
Extravagance
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by P l o o w 8/4/2010, 11:51 am

Ren its still always best at all times to do Dharoks first, as he will eat you alive if your prayer drops.
When you get at Barrows you will always be at full prayer, and the drain will be slower, therefore its safest Smile

Besides that, nice guide Smile
P l o o w
P l o o w
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/4/2010, 9:49 pm

Tormented wrote:Yay you finally finished it. Razz

Yeah, I did :d

P l o o w wrote:
Ren its still always best at all times to do Dharoks first, as he will eat you alive if your prayer drops.
When you get at Barrows you will always be at full prayer, and the drain will be slower, therefore its safest Smile

Besides that, nice guide Smile

Ploow, normally that is correct. However with my method, the only time he gets to attack you, is when he's at full HP, so there's not a lot of risk involved.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by P l o o w 8/4/2010, 9:52 pm

There is if you loose connection ;o
If you fight dharok first you can easily outlast the 30 seconds if you loose connection.
If you're at lower prayer, odds are smaller, especially as your prayer will be drained faster.
P l o o w
P l o o w

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/4/2010, 9:53 pm

P l o o w wrote:
There is if you loose connection ;o
If you fight dharok first you can easily outlast the 30 seconds if you loose connection.
If you're at lower prayer, odds are smaller, especially as your prayer will be drained faster.

Every single guide in the world is written assuming that you have a good connection. You could quite easily say that if you lose connection at TDS then you're done for, same with fighting any of the barrows brothers. With the exception of Torag the Corrupted, of course.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by P l o o w 8/4/2010, 9:55 pm

I understand your point, but at barrows it is a tiny adjustment, which doesn't change anything in your strategy, it will only provide you more safety Smile
P l o o w
P l o o w

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/4/2010, 10:00 pm

P l o o w wrote:
I understand your point, but at barrows it is a tiny adjustment, which doesn't change anything in your strategy, it will only provide you more safety Smile

It would use more prayer potions Razz

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Agus 8/4/2010, 10:17 pm

nice guide!

ive never done barrows really since i dont really have the requierment.(dont really think ill ever get to them lol..merch is my thing [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Icon_biggrin )
Mr Agus
Mr Agus

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 8/4/2010, 10:19 pm

merch4mylife wrote:nice guide!

ive never done barrows really since i dont really have the requierment.(dont really think ill ever get to them lol..merch is my thing [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] Icon_biggrin )

What're your stats?

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Agus 8/4/2010, 10:22 pm

70 atk, 68 str and 63 def.....
really nuby lol
Mr Agus
Mr Agus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next