Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

+72
Dag
Mr Kennedy
kaimon1111
Tw
SinCity
Mr Lolrus
launir
necroven92
Hidden
hammons24
matthewj234
punisherbr
Marvin J
drewb
ehretbasebal
Nucks
junkfood50
HiddenVice
barrowdragon
xavy01
Gaz
youngtom
tivz
yentl999
rhino7523
f ub zy
mrhotshotbillup
Fire
jokerman
Divine
Blak_Flames
SM Pixels
west brid
jared285q
Shortd00d
Markv12
F2P Merch
Manuel
inezzy
darklord1185
Skyy Mikey
danielle
Epiqueness
TorqXpower
Polaris395
hopper
elyk913
OMG WTF BBQ
Hairy Duck
mnbasdpoi123
I Tank Arma
l F T L l
xx jtk xx
Disney
Dmr
im4everpure1
Elephant
Zombo
Ste7720
R3gic1dal
Abyssal zips
Mayamystica
IpkyouDIE
Mr Agus
P l o o w
Cryptical
Vc
Extravagance
Potato sheep
Avi Kam
Will
`Sonic`
76 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] - Page 5 Empty Re: [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

Post by jokerman 1/7/2011, 2:00 pm

isnt 61 chests a little overrated? wish i could get this much chests so im gonna try this one out for SURE
jokerman
jokerman
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

[2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] - Page 5 Empty Re: [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified]

Post by `Sonic` 2/7/2011, 10:36 pm

*Facepalm* wrote:Lmao Ren what is this? Krazy Kam? alien

One of my many previous RSN's Razz Not my original, I might add.

jokerman wrote:isnt 61 chests a little overrated? wish i could get this much chests so im gonna try this one out for SURE

No, I have managed to get 65 chests in 1 run before with the crafty use of a Saradomin Godsword. It took bloody days of playing just about a couple of hours per day, but I made about 30m profit from it.
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire 3/7/2011, 1:19 am

Personally, I do Dharok, Karil, Verac, Ahrim, Torag, and then Guthan's. Thats my favorite order.

Despite what you say, Dharok is definitely the most dangerous one - if he slips through your guard and manages to hit you when he's almost dead, you're screwed.
Fire
Fire
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 3/7/2011, 3:11 am

Flin wrote:Personally, I do Dharok, Karil, Verac, Ahrim, Torag, and then Guthan's. Thats my favorite order.

Despite what you say, Dharok is definitely the most dangerous one - if he slips through your guard and manages to hit you when he's almost dead, you're screwed.

That's the whole idea of my guide, you don't have a guard, he cannot hit you. His magic defence is far lower than any regular monster, so your ice spells are highly likely to hit on him, and even so, when you are wearing Ahrim's robes, it provides enough melee slash defence to cope with it. I've tried this method out for over 1000 chests, I have never died except for lagging at an Ahrim tunnel (as I mentioned earlier in the thread, this doesn't mean that the guide is bad, every single RS high risk guide is written with the assumption that your internet connection is strong which mine is. I was just unlucky) so I don't believe your point is valid. You'll be wasting your prayer potions on Ahrim and Karil like nobody's business.
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mrhotshotbillup 7/7/2011, 5:51 am

`Sonic` wrote:

jokerman wrote:isnt 61 chests a little overrated? wish i could get this much chests so im gonna try this one out for SURE

No, I have managed to get 65 chests in 1 run before with the crafty use of a Saradomin Godsword. It took bloody days of playing just about a couple of hours per day, but I made about 30m profit from it.

I'm not here to hate or anything so please don't take this the wrong way, but you normally average 65 chests a run with the set up you've shown in your guide? I just wanted to clarify that before I tried it out, and also I wanted to suggest to you that you may want to add.

What about:

- Enhanced Exacailber or even the EEE for a quick and easy healing method, which almost any level can obtain the first of the two.
- The use of chaotic weapons? Surely a rapier would do more damage over that of a whip?
- Extremes etc?

Your guide looks very nice and is well thought out, but I have a feeling its geared mostly towards lower level barrows hunters? If you want to take your guide to the next level try adding some higher level tactics etc?
mrhotshotbillup
mrhotshotbillup
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 7/7/2011, 1:13 pm

mrhotshotbillup wrote:
`Sonic` wrote:

I'm not here to hate or anything so please don't take this the wrong way, but you normally average 65 chests a run with the set up you've shown in your guide? I just wanted to clarify that before I tried it out, and also I wanted to suggest to you that you may want to add.

What about:

- Enhanced Exacailber or even the EEE for a quick and easy healing method, which almost any level can obtain the first of the two.
- The use of chaotic weapons? Surely a rapier would do more damage over that of a whip?
- Extremes etc?

Your guide looks very nice and is well thought out, but I have a feeling its geared mostly towards lower level barrows hunters? If you want to take your guide to the next level try adding some higher level tactics etc?

I average about 55 chest with this method after substituting the whip for a Saradomin Godsword. the use of Enhanced Excalibur would be efficient for healing, however not prayer recovery which is the essence of a good barrows run.

With regarding the use of chaotics, feel free and I encourage it if you're high enough dungeoneering and wish to find a better alternative for a whip, this guide was written before chaotics existed, so it was the best at the time (This thread is over a year old, glad to see it still going strong and receiving a steady flow of +reps and good reviews!).

With regards to extremes, I'm assuming that you mean extreme prayer potions. I explained this early on in the thread about the fact that due to the prayer drain, they would not have any significant effect over regular prayer potions. With regard to extreme stat boosting potions, again, feel free to substitute a few prayer potions for a set, but they will make the length of your trip shorter, and gain you less profit.

All-in-all, I think this guide still has most bases covered, I will possibly spruce it up in the near future. Best of luck to you and happy barrowing!
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by f ub zy 7/7/2011, 2:22 pm

awesome
f ub zy
f ub zy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mrhotshotbillup 7/7/2011, 2:55 pm

`Sonic` wrote:
mrhotshotbillup wrote:
`Sonic` wrote:

What about:

- Extremes etc?

I average about 55 chest with this method after substituting the whip for a Saradomin Godsword. the use of Enhanced Excalibur would be efficient for healing, however not prayer recovery which is the essence of a good barrows run.

With regarding the use of chaotics, feel free and I encourage it if you're high enough dungeoneering and wish to find a better alternative for a whip, this guide was written before chaotics existed, so it was the best at the time (This thread is over a year old, glad to see it still going strong and receiving a steady flow of +reps and good reviews!).

With regards to extremes, I'm assuming that you mean extreme prayer potions. I explained this early on in the thread about the fact that due to the prayer drain, they would not have any significant effect over regular prayer potions. With regard to extreme stat boosting potions, again, feel free to substitute a few prayer potions for a set, but they will make the length of your trip shorter, and gain you less profit.

All-in-all, I think this guide still has most bases covered, I will possibly spruce it up in the near future. Best of luck to you and happy barrowing!

Very true you backed yourself up quite well, I like it. I see your point with the EEE I forgot that SGS also restores prayer, nor did I check to see the time at which you had created your guide. Facepalm

I did see the extreme prayer potion, but I meant considering that rank in general. Such as maybe substituting a pray pot for a spec recovery pot. Why? A spec recover pot gives you back 25% of your spec bar so you can use the SGS faster to heal hp and pray + hopefully do a high hit = more damage done to a barrow brother = less pray used? Maybe I'll just have to test it out myself. I'm not talking take 3-4 I'm just saying 1 fully filled vial at most.
mrhotshotbillup
mrhotshotbillup
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 7/7/2011, 4:02 pm

mrhotshotbillup wrote:
`Sonic` wrote:
mrhotshotbillup wrote:
`Sonic` wrote:

What about:

- Extremes etc?

Very true you backed yourself up quite well, I like it. I see your point with the EEE I forgot that SGS also restores prayer, nor did I check to see the time at which you had created your guide. [2007] Krazy Kam's barrows guide! [Officially Verified] - Page 5 1625187496

I did see the extreme prayer potion, but I meant considering that rank in general. Such as maybe substituting a pray pot for a spec recovery pot. Why? A spec recover pot gives you back 25% of your spec bar so you can use the SGS faster to heal hp and pray + hopefully do a high hit = more damage done to a barrow brother = less pray used? Maybe I'll just have to test it out myself. I'm not talking take 3-4 I'm just saying 1 fully filled vial at most.

I did think about bringing a spec restore potion, but after doing a few test runs, 9/10 times, my spec was restored enough for another spec. The exception to this is when you're fighting Karil in the tunnel. Also, when you're doing as many chests per trip as this method allows you to do, the 1 vial of special restore potion wouldn't make a huge difference ^_^ Please feel free to try it and give feedback here though.

When using an SGS, after I'm coming back from out of the tunnel, I dose once and get Ahrim first, and kill with the Salamander. Then I go to Karil, and once I know that my prayer is going to be drained by the brothers', I use 1 SGS spec (I've got the timing quite precise, it may take some practise, but I can do it so that my prayer gets drained to 0, but at the same time I spec with SGS, restoring my prayer without my prayer dropping out) and kill him with enough prayer left to start on Dharok, to protect from his first hit if needs be.
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino7523 12/7/2011, 7:08 pm

thank you great guide the pictures really helped me understand it more Smile

rhino7523
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 12/7/2011, 8:24 pm

rhino7523 wrote:thank you great guide the pictures really helped me understand it more Smile

You're welcome, I hope it helps you to gain profit from it!
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by yentl999 18/7/2011, 1:10 pm

really nice guide ^^
i like it Very Happy
yentl999
yentl999
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by tivz 19/7/2011, 4:28 am

Great guide!

tivz
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by youngtom 20/7/2011, 10:33 pm

Smart! I gotta try this out
youngtom
youngtom
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 21/7/2011, 5:06 am

youngtom wrote:Smart! I gotta try this out

Why yes. Yes you do Very Happy
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaz 21/7/2011, 3:56 pm

Guthans and ancients is a pretty good way to lots of chests per trip.

Years ago, even when there wasnt as good gear, i did 34 chests in one trip with no pray pots and i was about 100-105 combat at the time (prob could have done 40-45 but guth broke). Also my mate who was nearly maxed (think he was 123 cmb, this was before summ) did 60 chests in one trip without prayer pots.

That was just to proove a point and go for as many chests as possible, but if you wanted to avoid spending on prayer pots it would be a good way to get a few chests done per trip. (Although for like 60 chests, it takes a bit too long per chest to be worth it)

I usually used veracs/slayer dart/msb with rune arrows and banked after every trip (only used about 3-4 lobbs and about 50 slayer dart casts max per trip that way)
Gaz
Gaz

Back to top Go down

Post by l F T L l 25/7/2011, 6:20 pm

im 48 def with 95 prayer

ik i posted on the 2nd/3rd page but i was wondering if this would be any good using a void set with the mage and meele hood and bringing rune plate legs / body for tanking in the tunnel.
also is it worth bringing a familiar for healing / extra pots / run energy? etc

l F T L l
l F T L l
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xavy01 25/7/2011, 9:45 pm

Trying this out ASAP. Need to finish some alching but this post is perfect. I am actually now looking forward to going and not dreading failure Very Happy
xavy01
xavy01
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 26/7/2011, 12:13 am

l F T L l wrote:im 48 def with 95 prayer

ik i posted on the 2nd/3rd page but i was wondering if this would be any good using a void set with the mage and meele hood and bringing rune plate legs / body for tanking in the tunnel.
also is it worth bringing a familiar for healing / extra pots / run energy? etc

First of all, long bloody time, no see xD

Secondly, I think that would work well with the gear, but not at all worth using a familiar. Perhaps substitute 1 or 2 prayer potions with super restores to regain agility, no need for energy potions.

xavy01 wrote:Trying this out ASAP. Need to finish some alching but this post is perfect. I am actually now looking forward to going and not dreading failure Very Happy

Best of luck, I'm glad you enjoyed reading!
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by barrowdragon 2/8/2011, 12:50 am

impressive guide. try make more guides for other things like moles or something Very Happy
barrowdragon
barrowdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by HiddenVice 2/8/2011, 4:41 am

Love the guide. Gives me a lot more runs per inv Smile
HiddenVice
HiddenVice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 4/8/2011, 3:01 pm

barrowdragon wrote:impressive guide. try make more guides for other things like moles or something Very Happy

I've never been to the giant mole Surprised But I may try and make another guide of something at some point.

HiddenVice wrote:Love the guide. Gives me a lot more runs per inv Smile

Glad you find it useful, best wishes with the chest loots Very Happy
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by junkfood50 5/8/2011, 4:22 am

you should add a list of loots:P
junkfood50
junkfood50
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 7/8/2011, 12:43 am

junkfood50 wrote:you should add a list of loots:P

Good idea, I will find some good pictures for them Very Happy
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nucks 8/8/2011, 5:18 pm

Great guide thanks very much Smile.
Nucks
Nucks
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next