Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary

4 posters

Go down

gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary Empty gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 2:57 pm

Latest week goes here

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 600m+ not sure lol
Ending Total Merchantable Bank (only going to count profits here cos i cant guess bank worth atm):  

Date: 05/20/2014

1 -  Drygore longsword - 600,000 gp - 0.94%
I havent flipped anything in over 4 weeks so i decided to check out "90weaps pc" to see how the market was doing along with a few usual active/inactive flips. Mhl had a pc of 65b and since i havent flipped drygores in a while i decided to just settle for margins of 500k-800k on all. Not my best drygore flip but it works as a good start to the day and helps me by building some confidence on seeing some profits. The flip took around 50 minutes to complete.
Spoiler:

2 - Drygore rapier - 600,000 gp - 1.05%
Another drygore mainhand weapon that bought. All this while i sold off my dual ascensions which required me to stay in the fc. The pc was 57s so i went a little lower than 57m and bought it for 56.9m, i believe i could have got one for around 56.6m but the wait would have been too long and with being rusty from flipping i just wanted profits and not patience. The flip took around 30 minutes to complete.
Spoiler:

3 - Drygore mace - 600,000 gp - 1.05%
This one took some time to buy. So the approx time would be 60 minutes for the flip. Got kinda impatient since i had a couple of inactive flips going at the side and wanted a ge slot empty so i sold it off fast. I also flipped some dragon bones and frost dragon bones in this time which had 100-300k margins and were not that great so i didnt take screenshots for those.
Spoiler:

4 - Black mask - 1,050,000 gp - 8.27%
One of my long time go to items when it comes to flipping. I have made a lot of profit on this item over time so i decided to test it out. Took around 1 hour to complete but one of the safest items that i have ever flipped. Never made a loss on black masks till date. One can usually expect margins of 200k to 2m off the masks depending on the time of the day.
Spoiler:

5 - Dragon claw - 783,000 gp - 3.62%
With all the news about legacy mode going on i decided to test out claws. The pc was way over mid but the margins were not too great. However the flip was quite fast and took around 30 minutes to complete. This should be a decent item for steady profits i think. Will try out the rest of the dragon weapons in due time. On the claws well i think they can give profits of 300k-1.7m on the limit but not sure just putting it out there.
Spoiler:

6 - Zamorakian spear - 486,000 gp - 1.85%
Another one of my favorite items. With the legacy mode coming in this is going to be an item that i will flip constantly on and off. I expect margins of 200k-3m on it (yea i am probably being ambitious lol). It took me around an hour to flip it but i still love zammy spears.
Spoiler:

7 - Zaryte bow - 951,000 gp - 1.46%
So i went into nex and ss to check out how things are. The only line i saw was zwb. I put in an offer to buy a zaryte bow lowballing it a little. It took around 40 minutes to fill and after that i just put in an offer to sell it for a 700k profit but it insta sold for much higher. Seems like a good item to flip right now.
Spoiler:

8 - Zaryte bow - 800,000 gp - 1.22%
After the previous zbow sold i just decided to check if that was a fluke or not. This one was a fairly fast flip. Took around 15 minutes to finish. So i presume that the bows are giving good margins right now. Was also buying v wands and books which never bought.
Spoiler:

9 - Black mask - 423,000 gp - 2.95%
Yet another black mask flip. Was an active one and the margins seem to have declined right now. Took around 40 minutes to finish. Not my best flip but i just wanted to get it over with.
Spoiler:

10 - Zamorakian spear - 1,180,000 gp - 10.83%
Second try today with zammy spears. MArgins were just amazing but only 4 bought so a little sad about that but still made a mil in 3 hour time. Was pretty inactive by now.
Spoiler:

11 - Off-hand Dragon Claw - 1,055,000 gp - 17.6%
Another item i wanted to try out all day. So i tested margins and liked what i found. Not many people flip these so the margins are still steady/good. Took around 2 hours to flip them.
Spoiler:

12 - Dragon rider helm - 5,166,000 gp - 29.86%
Found this item on one of the merchz logs and decided that i want to try it out. Was surprised at the margins and was actualy dubious that it would work out. However it worked out well and the profits speak for themselves. It took around 8-10 hours to flip this. Seems like a good item to flip inactively.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

13 - Saradomin godsword - 1,221,000 gp - 0.39%
A risky item to flip due to its high value and high fluctuation. I just wanted to see how well these are doing. Took me 4 hours to flip them and well i ran out of patience and got undercut a couple of times so just sold off for what i could. A good overnight item but i want to test out the other godswords as well.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Today's profits - 14,865,000 gp

The days review - Was my first day back to merching and i made a total of 14.865m profits. Not bad at all. Pretty happy with how things turned up.

Weekly summary -

Last edited by gonecase on 22/5/2014, 2:04 am; edited 32 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary Empty Re: gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:00 pm

Week 8/18/2013:
Week from 09/23/2013:

Last edited by gonecase on 21/5/2014, 2:50 pm; edited 14 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary Empty Re: gonecase's (rpguy's) Merchanting Diary

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:00 pm

week from 09/30/2013:

Week From 10/14/2013:

Week From 10/21/2013:

Week From 10/28/2013:

Week From 11/3/2013:

Last edited by gonecase on 21/5/2014, 2:49 pm; edited 10 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:01 pm

reserved

Last edited by gonecase on 21/5/2014, 2:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:01 pm

Reserved

Last edited by gonecase on 21/5/2014, 2:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:02 pm

Reserved

Last edited by gonecase on 21/5/2014, 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:02 pm

Reserved

Last edited by gonecase on 21/5/2014, 2:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 3:03 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 500,000,000 gp
#Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 250,000,000 gp
*Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 250,000,000 gp
^Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 250,000,000 gp
Ending Total Merchantable Bank:
Profits this week: over 25m

Date:11/11/2013

^1 - Ascension Keystone Secundus - 6,025,000 - 13.39%
Ascension keystones seem to be at a low and lately I have been following a few logs on merchz specially julij2's. So I decided to try these out again. ITs been a while since i flipped ascension keys. This was a 2 day inactive flip and well like always ascension keystones give good profits for the amount of cash u use to invest in them. It took 2 days for this because i never bothered to log into rs for 2 days. I believe the flip actually took 1 day or so. Currently it feels like all ascension keys are going up so have fun flipping them.
Spoiler:

^2 - Ascension Keystone Tertius - 3,336,096 - 8.93%
All ascension keystones seem good to flip right now. So here is another flip. This one was an instant buy because some1 dumped them on me. Again a 1-1 and a half day flip. And it does take some time to buy the keys and sell them because of the constant undercutting and overcutting so patience is important on these. And if you are patient enough, The profits and percentages will speak for themselves.
Spoiler:

*3 - Tectonic energy - 4,300,000 - 55.84%%
Tectonic energy had been falling for the last 2-3 weeks now. I had bought 10 at 770k because i believe that the usual fluctuation of tectonic energies is anywhere between 700k to 1.5k each. I bought these and i put in offer on saturday to sell the energies at 1.5k each since i say a tiny trend reversal on these. And sure as it would be they sold for a great 55% profit xD. I doo love these items and well they are one of the safest items to flip/invest in as far as i am concerned. This was 1 to 1 and a half week investment. Had bought the item and was gonna just wait it out till it went up.
Spoiler:

4 - Manta ray - 2,055,815 - 18.83%%
I have a tendancy to once in a while go pick an item which i feel no1 flips and just accept the challenge and flip it somehow till my patience runs out. Manta rays are a SLOWWW item to flip. Very rarely traded item which makes it a good item to highball and high snipe. However this item really really tests your patience. But all in all this gives good profits. It took me 5 days to flip this. Buying is slow and if you are patient you can get away with a nice margin on it too. If you get undercut DO undercut them otherwise it will take ages to sell off the manta rays.
Spoiler:

The days review - Was a good day sold off a few investments and inactives and got nice percentages which makes me happy.

Date:11/13/2013

5 - Drygore rapier - 1,500,000 - 2.03%
With the release of the barrows update. I decided to test out drygores today. So be ready to see a lot of drygore flips. I lowballed the mhr by 2m and the price got updated as soon as i bought it so i ended up selling it for a 1.5m profit wanted to try and get 3m on it. Will try and lowball and stretch margins on the next account if i get to it. This was a 15 minute flip..Fast and active.
Spoiler:

#6 - Drygore rapier - 1,700,000 - 2.3%
I tried stretching the margins on the next one. Took around 10 minutes to buy and i was able to get another 200k more on the sell than the previous one. Also this flip took around 25 mins total. When I multiaccount and am flipping drygores this is how i do it. I have offers for all drygores on my main and a few random offers on my noobs. Then if any 1 flip completes i try to replicate it and stretch margins. If the stretch doesnt work i just try and bounce off my original margins or lower the margins depending on the situation. If you took the time to read this well you should get an idea of how and why to multi account for drygores and nex because both follow similar strategies.
Spoiler:

^7 - Drygore rapier - 2,000,000 - 2.7%
Another stretched drygore and it worked too. So I managed to start with a 1.5m margin then stretched to 1.7m and now 2m !! This worked nicely today. This was a 20 minute flip. So in all till now i spent around 30-35 mins flipping 3 mhr and made 5.2m sweet right???
Spoiler:

*8 - Drygore rapier - 2,300,000 - 3.11%
Again bought for the same price and put in the sell for a stretched price. Made an extra 300k on this one and it took 10 mins more than the other one to sell. So in 45 mins or so i made 7.5m off the mhr. Pretty nice and happy with this progress.
Spoiler:

The days review - I flipped a lot of drygores today. Made nice profits and was able to show how i use my multi accounts for fc items properly with good explanations so this was a win. (I got more flips which i will upload shortly running out of time for now)

Date:11/14/2013

^9 - Malevolent helm - 3,000,000 - 10.71%
This was my first attempt at flipping malevolent. I was scared to do it but decided to man up and go do it. I did a pc which gave me margins of 32-33m so i decided to lowball the buy and managed to get it for 28m and sold it for 31m since the market is very volatile for malevolent items. (Yes i do pc 2/4 items since i have multiple accounts but my buys are usually lowballs and not inside the pc.)
Spoiler:

The days review - Did my first malevolent flip today. This week has been good so far havent had a single failed flip. Hope things go on in the same way.

Date:11/16/2013

10 - Yew composite bow - 1,438 - 71900%
First off before you start judging this entry well it is a troll entry i will agree to that. Was done for the tt week competition. But the main reason for this is to show how SNIPING works. All treasure trail items are traded very less. So these items make for great items to snipe. People who do clues get rewards and want to sell them off almost instantly. This makes for good sniping grounds. Put the offer in at a reasonably low price. For comp bows offers of 1 to 100 can fill up. If you are looking at masks you might want to put in offers of 100-300k to try and snipe them. Usually all treasure trail items are either hoarded or dumped and have very low trade volumes except the ranger boots and the robin hood hat which are traded a lot thanks to pc 101. You can also easily high snipe a treasure trail item by putting in a price of up to 50% over the ge mid and leave it in for a few days and it should usually sell depending on the item.
buy:
sell:

The days review - Did a nice troll flip which might win me the comp Wink.

The weeks review - Was a nice week not sure how much i made since i havent been able to upload all my flips. But i did manage to sell off a few inactives and investments. And i failed on only 1 investment (raw manta rays) because of constant undercutting and losing patience to hold onto it. So all in all a nice profitable week.

Last edited by gonecase on 20/11/2013, 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 18/8/2013, 3:37 pm

Good luck Gonecase!

I'm expecting atleast 200 flips by the end of the next week Smile
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 18/8/2013, 4:27 pm

Julij2 wrote:Good luck Gonecase!

I'm expecting atleast 200 flips by the end of the next week Smile
wont happen i gonna be busyyy lol but u might find 50+ flips Wink
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by j3thr0 19/8/2013, 10:47 pm

Holy, just how long did u wait for all of those to buy and sell? Do u use fc for those drygores and nex?

j3thr0
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 20/8/2013, 12:53 am

j3thr0 wrote:Holy, just how long did u wait for all of those to buy and sell? Do u use fc for those drygores and nex?
yea i use the fcs.. and all were active except the last 2... by then i went afk for an hour and when i came back prices crashed a lot so i booked loss lol.. drygores at the moment give 300k-3m active margins based on luck/trends/how much u low ball and updates in fc...
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 15/9/2013, 3:48 pm

Ok time to restart this now.
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 23/9/2013, 7:06 pm

Very helpful and some really nice flips. Really like the Infinity robe sets flip Smile
KillerHart
KillerHart
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 24/9/2013, 12:46 am

KillerHart wrote:Very helpful and some really nice flips. Really like the Infinity robe sets flip Smile
Thanks infinity robes are one of my fav items to overnight and inactive once in a while Wink
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 30/9/2013, 3:55 am

updated with last weeks diary
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 22/10/2013, 3:23 am

updated the diary again
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 12/11/2013, 2:47 pm

updated
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 20/11/2013, 1:55 pm

updated
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 21/5/2014, 2:33 pm

restarting from this week
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down