Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED]

+2
Tuff Tiga
Gecko
6 posters

Go down

[PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED] Empty [PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED]

Post by Kelly 15/8/2014, 3:14 am

Howdy folks, time for another weekly debate! Well'p, Coa-Cola bought 16.7% stake in Monster Energy Drink for $2.15 billion earlier today.

Here are two very good news reports of it:
• NY Times
• BBC News

Now that Coca-Cola has bought a share in Monster, do you think the changes are going to be for the good or bad? Do you think Coca-Cola will try to buy out Monster, if so why?

Thanks Kid for collaborating making this debate!

Last edited by Kelly on 30/8/2014, 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED] Empty Re: [PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED]

Post by KMV 15/8/2014, 5:46 am

Coca-Cola has been trying to buy out Monster for years. They are bound to succeed eventually if they managed to aquire 1/6th of it as it stands.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

[PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED] Empty Re: [PASSED] Is Coca-Cola Taking Over? [PASSED]

Post by Gecko 15/8/2014, 10:03 pm

Even if Coca-Cola did buy out all other companies, they likely lose/gain business XD Problem is Coca-Cola's alternative to Mtn Dew sucks, but Pepsi's pepsi to combat Coca-Cola sucks. Honestly I wouldn't care what brand owned it, as long as I could destroy my health ingesting it!
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 15/8/2014, 11:03 pm

Honestly with the amount of people in the world drinking both Pepsi products and Coke products, Coke won't entirely take over. At my store about 60% of the drinks (6 packs) are Pepsi while individuals and cases of 12 are coke products. The only reason why people would buy coke is because of the sugar rush you get from it, which of course everyone enjoys.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 15/8/2014, 11:43 pm

Gecko wrote:Even if Coca-Cola did buy out all other companies, they likely lose/gain business XD Problem is Coca-Cola's alternative to Mtn Dew sucks, but Pepsi's pepsi to combat Coca-Cola sucks. Honestly I wouldn't care what brand owned it, as long as I could destroy my health ingesting it!

Inspite of a court case proving Mountain Dew can dissolve a mouse, it is still selling better then that Sun Drop and Vault combined. Vault sells so terribly in my area its not even sold anywhere around where I live anymore. That is just 1 small market compared to all the other kinds of drinks they are dominating in.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 17/8/2014, 5:38 am

All fair and true points; if Coke were to attempt to buyout all their competition they'd eventually lose business 'cause of it. Their biggest competition at the end of the day, in my humble opinion, is Pepsi. The two have been neck-and-neck for decades with one another.

Regardless if they takeover, I do hope that Monster doesn't change (taste wise). That would be a true shame…
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 18/8/2014, 12:04 pm

Almost forgot to post here xD

I do believe CocaCola may try to take over Monster soon simply because if they get one of the biggest Energy drink brands they can most definitely increase their profits by a LARGE amount in a short period of time.

I think the move they done is pretty clever business wise, Monster is a huge company and CocaCola have 16-17% of it gives them a right to use it to promote themselves more (although they don't need it).
However I would love them to change the recipe of the Drink just because when they bought Vitamin water off 50 Cent, that water suddenly started tasting MUCH better than before.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 19/8/2014, 3:18 am

KMV wrote:
Gecko wrote:Even if Coca-Cola did buy out all other companies, they likely lose/gain business XD Problem is Coca-Cola's alternative to Mtn Dew sucks, but Pepsi's pepsi to combat Coca-Cola sucks. Honestly I wouldn't care what brand owned it, as long as I could destroy my health ingesting it!

Inspite of a court case proving Mountain Dew can dissolve a mouse, it is still selling better then that Sun Drop and Vault combined. Vault sells so terribly in my area its not even sold anywhere around where I live anymore. That is just 1 small market compared to all the other kinds of drinks they are dominating in.

I don't like the horrid effects of it, but honestly if you are going healthy soda is -5. Coca-cola can be used to clean blood off concrete and Rootbeer dissolves teeth amazingly quick Dew is glorified orange juice, but nothing c an match its chemical flavor.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 19/8/2014, 5:06 am

Kid wrote:Almost forgot to post here xD

I do believe CocaCola may try to take over Monster soon simply because if they get one of the biggest Energy drink brands they can most definitely increase their profits by a LARGE amount in a short period of time.

I think the move they done is pretty clever business wise, Monster is a huge company and CocaCola have 16-17% of it gives them a right to use it to promote themselves more (although they don't need it).
However I would love them to change the recipe of the Drink just because when they bought Vitamin water off 50 Cent, that water suddenly started tasting MUCH better than before.

If the taste changes I'm going to be pissed Neutral …
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GsKiki 20/8/2014, 7:40 am

In all honesty, changing owner of those companies will not change the terrible effect those drinks have on health. Occasional indulging is okey, but constant drinking can cause serious problems. If Coca-Cola buys it all, it will make no difference in production, only maybe adding more sugar and chemicals.
For all those soda lovers out there, please take no offense.
GsKiki
GsKiki
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 20/8/2014, 3:09 pm

I take offense. I joke. The thing I hear about monster is that it doesn't crash you so fast like redbull which is a plus. I don't think coke would try to change the recipe drastically or even slightly because people will be crashing faster.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down